those who fail to plan, plan to fail

Greetings my lovely worshipers! Welcome to the Goblin’s Land game!

As your benevolent Goddess I will give my faithful subjects this advice.
Before posting in a mission thread it might not be a bad idea to make a discussion thread about the mission. That way you can work with other players and form a plan that uses your own unique strengths. Where a group of individuals might fail, a unified force might succeed. Now this might not be useful in every situation but you should keep it in mind.

Also remember if you all join the Cult of Candy you get a passive bonus enabling you to automatically win all of the missions! Well no you don’t actually but Candy loves you anyway.

Loves, hugs, and torment for all!
Candy

That is an interesting position, and I must a agree that a lack of communication and planning will lead to disaster. That said, from a narrative perspective I would like to encourage disaster, at least in the beginning.

As a story about a whole race without unity, I would think it best to illustrate the effects of that disunity in the very beginning. We should show how this disunity has been at times a subtle, and at other times an overt, source of the Olgog race’s problems. A good story of heroism should start in a situation where things are bad and disheartening. Possibly a situation where tragedy happens when it is needless. Ideally the story would oscillate some until a final climax leads ultimately to a much better world for the Olgogs, primarily by overcoming their fatal flaw.

I personally want us to bungle a lot at first. I would like our tribes to collide and conflict in order to make those first few interactions more meaningful. It would be a more interesting conversation for Ripi-tu of Ka Rhug and Torlok’ab of Unit 817 to have if one of them were captive to the other. It would not make sense for my character to send messengers to some random tribe of Warmonger’s dead to help me fight other Warmonger’s dead. Some event should be the driving force behind our future cooperation, not a meta-understanding of the player’s intent.

I think its okay for some tribes to know each other, and to be even working together, but this, as I see it, is a story about how the whole of the Olgog race learns to uplift itself. (Ideally without the help of the white man.) The key to doing that is in fact the breaking of barriers and an increase of cooperation never seen before in the Olgog race.

While your benevolent Goddess normally doesn’t encourage questioning, she is happy to give further advice!
If you notice I said that working together isn’t always the right idea, i should clarify.
You should work together if it makes sense for your characters!
If your characters have no reason to trust or work together then naturally you shouldn’t work together! It would seem odd for your normal Olgog to work with a group of Pitt Fiends, or Olgogs who serve the Krato.
However trying to work with like thinking tribes does make sense when you share common goals and objectives.

Always remember who your character is and what their goals are! Because you each have different goals, some want unity, some want domination, some want to be left alone. Everyone has to remember to stay true to what they stand for.

Unless of course that they stand for Candy! That is something everyone should be standing for :wink: But I understand if that takes some time for you all to understand that :stuck_out_tongue:

Loves, hugs, and torment for all!
Candy