Requesting an audience with the UTR

Shirley, the official seatholder within the UTR for the Great Northern Army and Gang of the Uf Mag’og, and Tusk, her “translator”, walk through the tree root system that connects all the tribal councils to each other.

They also brought with them the Brezan formerly known is Druggzy. His name is now Or’al. Shirley named him. He didn’t like it. Unfortunately, it didn’t matter, because he would no longer be a part of the gang. The Gang had spent the last few weeks training him on Brezan knowledge. At first he was happy with the information, not being picked on for being a “runt”, but then he realized it was because he was being kicked out. Sure, Urog said it wasn’t calling it ‘being kicked out’. No, he said it was “joining the tribal council as teacher.” What a load of Yaldol’s crap, thought Or’al. Tusk made him feel better about, even though Shirley grabbed him by the scruff of his neck through the tree portal. Tusk told him that he won’t be considered a runt anymore, and that people would respect him as an Auf’Olgog in a way that they didn’t as the weakest gangmember. Tusk was nice, he thought, as they entered the chamber.

It was a strange experience for them all. Urog had sent them with a simple task, find out what everyone else is doing and deliver the Auf’Olgog.

They enter the chamber, calmly, and request an audience with the rest of the council. Or’al didn’t know what to do with himself, and fidgeted while Shirley and Tusk stood calmly. It took every ounce of patience that Shirley didn’t have not to knock Druggzy out while they waited for the rest of the council members to arrive.

The members of the Ol’Lur tribe entered through their respective tree. Among the members were “The Auf”, Tor’ol, and Ka’ol, with Ka’ol being the youngest. Ka’ol looked around the chamber with awe, and followed the two aufgogs to their respective place. The three were silent for a moment until the aufgog, Tor’ol spoke up, “I assume that we should wait for others to arrive? It’d be rude to begin with only our two groups.”

(OCC due to missions, they maybe a little bit of Lalder in 2 places at once. If this is a problem, I can change it to Auf Lalyan to standin for Lalder. Let me know)

Auf Lalder appears in the room with Lal’Tla, there new new Auf in training. They had been teaching him the leyas and diplomatic part of being an Auf for their tribe. Auf Lalder wasn’t completely sure if they needed to present a trainee or a full fledge Auf. As most of the Aufs were off handling other issues, and he too was busy, he would summon a full Auf if needed.

Auf Lalder says “I am glad to see you all. I doubt we should wait for everyone, as many members of the council are scattered to the winds. In fact myself may have to turn over part of this to Auf Lalyan to stand in for me in a little bit. But for now, I’m here.”

A message had been sent out for a call of the United Tribes of Der’al, and with so much happening (both in game and out of game) it took time for members to assemble. Hopefully the Yagogi were not too late, making the trip through their end of the gigantic tree root system were Lady Hob"Lalol and voted council member Maggul to represent for the tribe. Others had made a conscious effort to decline the call, especially after being insulted by those calling for aid. Personally, Maggul liked taking his place in the council, and actually enjoyed the entertainment provided by Shirley.

The Yagogi took there place in the council chamber, and Maggul stood to give a quick suave greeting to all of the United Tribes, “I hope this meeting finds you all in good planning, and good spirits. I hope that we can all come together, aiding for the purpose of this meeting. Oh, and will “Plain Old Gulog” be joining us today?”

Lalder says “We better get started soon. I believe all of these gogs need to be trained as Aufs. This will take time, but once they have learned the basics we should have them live with tribes of different areas to learn about the other tribes.”

(OCC I hate to steer this thread to a different issue, but the Aufgog being trained should be easy. But I need a way to respond to Gul’tor’Uf multiple threads, and this is a council meeting.)

Once this is settled I need to bring up an issue with the slanderous actions of Uhryu Bill. He is sending gogs to all our lands calling me personally a tyrant. His attempt to talk to me was just him yelling, interrupting me, and called me names in my own caves. And to my credit after being treated like that, where most other gogs would take far greater actions, I only told him to leave my lands.

But enough is enough. Through this I can only guess that He is trying to bring discontent to the UtR by undermining myself personally. Otherwise he would have come to the council with his issues as that was the purpose of the council.

I wish the council take this up and he be held accountable for his actions. He can bring up his complaints here where he can’t try to just cause trouble between our tribes and blame it on me.

I understand my perception is a strong defence is being strong in defence and ability to strike. But I have been defensive with this strength not conquering. So I do not understand the label of Tyrant.

All power that I could have had for myself, I have given to the council or at least require 3 UtR tribes. I have given away my most useful tradable items, Water and Food by giving the knowledge of Farming and leyas away to the UtR members. I have created a trading post that Earthers can goto and learn about Olgogs hopefully building understanding with them.
I have given the FMK gogs and tribeless gogs a place in the UtR, whether the army or farm. They are not looting or fighting.
My military actions have mainly been in the defense of my allies in the GNA Army, Lur Union, the UtR, and even earthers. I did retaliate against a foe, but they did attack Tla’loc’al first and killing thousands.
I also helped negotiate with the VoF to think of us as a protectorate further reducing attacks on us. I have even started talking with a group of the Oners to try for peace between Olgogs and them.

And yet, I’m called a Tyrant with little by evidence thats not made up or manipulated by a ranting gog.

I want this resolved and out in the open in a civil manner. If Bill continues like this, he will accomplish his goal of dividing the UtR.

(OCC this is in response to these threads like: http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1258-The-wanderings-of-a-Adept)

Mama Rapi’gog arrived somewhat late. her tribe had been on pilgrimage and returned to find the situation dire. The discontent stirred from Uhryu Bill may be unfounded. At the same time the resulting civil war would destroy the fledgling nation and any hopes legitimacy or the tribes of the lands. “What does Uhryu Bill want? It seem to me that he has some agenda. Destroying the UTR for no reason is a ting the grey furs do.” Mama Rapigog held no vote but she was free to speak. “What be the reasons he give for calling you a tyrant? That be the way to figure this out.”

The easiest way to settle this is allow Uhryu Bill to sit on the council with the others. His tribe was strong enough and his lineage wise enough to justify a council seat. Mama Rapigog hoped Babi was able to figure out what this was really about in Karov.

Auf Lalder says "I do not know his intent, only the possible ramifications of what his actions are.

What he talked or lectured to me was everything has consequences. And he does not approve of actions taken. Even if its just teaching others to farm.

My biggest problem with what he said, besides his delivery, was that I felt he judged with hindsight and not with knowledge known at the time. Or considering the intent.

And that he doesn’t take into account why something might have been done. For example, Yes, we have an army that I formed for the UtR. I did that in response to the break of of the Kolgul Militia where we had wondering gogs spread out that were getting hungry and looking for a way to survive. Also, we in the tribes need to remember about the tribeless as well. We almost left them out of the UtR. One way the FKM gogs could have gone was looting, killing and banditry. I sought to give them the option of service in the army or farming. An army which can be used to defend all in the UtR, guard our farms, even farm, and patrol our borders. I also aimed to include the vandels and raiders if they were willing to do the work. I started building this trust weeks before the UtR was formed, but then when I had a hundred gogs come to me after the UtR was formed, I decided it would be of better use to the UtR than just myself. And through the UtR, there are limitations on its use including Mama Rapi’gog to just say no to their use.

The other issue he had with this is, if the UtR decided not to accept the Army, I would bring them into my tribe. But its not for the strength of force. Its because I told these gogs they had a place and I don’t go back on my word. I won’t turn them out again, just for them to have to back to their options before.

If you just look at that I formed an army, you could think I’m trying to invade everywhere. Maybe become a tyrant. But do not agree with those views. If you look at why I formed this army, this should actually reduce fighting just by giving gogs things to do. And that I gave control of the army away to the UtR where I could have kept control. I’m anything but a tyrant.

With that example said, I prefer that this is resolved here, amongst us all. And not between just him and I. I still have not forgiven Olgog the Olgog for the attack yet, that will take time.

Can we bring him here as an advisory role to the council? This seems to be what he wants to do and then go from there. "

(OCC we just need to pick a thread to do this on, I don’t care which. Whether my planning thread or this thread. I’m still treating the planning thread as before the mission. Which is why i haven’t mentioned his sabotage. )

Auf Lalder continues “Also I wish to bring Yagogi’al on as an adviser. Our tribes have been working together for months, including peacefully getting a bunch of Giants away from the warmonger to his tribe.”

(OCC I’m trying to invite Yagogi’al the Og’ab, to the council meetings and this thread)

((OOC I thought this was the thread for it my apologies if I messed up the post ecosystem. Where is the active thread?))

(OCC a planning thread got made into an active thread, so it is in 2 places, no worries because I think this is the best place for it, unless others care, I say here. )

(OOC I was taking this as a general council meeting, though Gang’s original purpose wsa to bring a gog to become an Auf, which I suggest we put to training and then have live with a different tribe)