Goblin Lands Rescue Mission Week 15: The Legendary Madness of Protodoxa

The Legendary Madness of Protodoxa the Shatterer

Blood poured from his hammer’s head in the nightmare dreamed by so many that single night. It was surely Protodoxa the Shatterer, but he was festoon with focii of the Warmonger and piercings. His blue fur was spiked with lack of grooming, and his eyes filled with green hellfire.

He battered down the main gate of the Fortress Isaias, and once inside was surrounded by Church of One Knights. To them this gruesome blue Olgog was the Goblin of their nightmares. One of the soldiers wondered aloud about the Blue Devil at Drewsport, and if they were related.

Protodoxa swung his hammer in a wide circle, and blood covered the walls of the room. His fur was now sticky with it.

Awakening, many of the leaders of the tribes from across Refuge wondered how they had seen into the mind of the Shatterer at that moment. All of them suddenly could see a location in their mind. A meeting place near the Fortress Isaias.

There some of the leaders met to discuss the matter of the battle still raging at the Inquisition’s fortress. They were surprised to see Mag Buskt himself had come to face Protodoxa the Shatterer in combat.

Challenges
Do you attack Fortress Isaias? If you do, are you trying to damage the Fortress or stop/rescue Protodoxa?

How do you handle the hundreds of knights and Inquisitors stationed at the Fortress?

How do you counter the ground to air missiles the fortress has hidden in its structure? (if you are flying in)

How do you actually stop or rescue Protodoxa? (incredibly powerful, and full of stolen lifeforce)

What do you do if Mag Buskt tries to slay Protodoxa?

Mission Rules
First player to post gets a repost when all other players have finished posting to the mission in response to all other actions.
All other players may only make 1 posting.
Other players may only act as if they have seen the action of the first player who posts.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

Open to all Olgog Tribes and all characters.

Lord grimaldus can post as Sir Resugent with a small heroic strike force (if he chooses) and any vehicles Lord Grimaldus chooses to send to aid Sir Resugent. But will Sir Resugent warn the olgogs that this attack must be part of Inquisitor Siedermann’s evil plan.

Special Challenges: Taking down Protodoxa the Shatterer, whose Leyas aura shows he is being possessed by some external evil presence, methods of severing the possession unknown. Very dangerous mission.
300 Church of One Knights, 100 Inquisitors. Every day realtime that goes by before he is stopped/rescued will result in him killing fifty knights. Once all 300 Knights are killed by Protodoxa in this fashion he will absorb enough lifeforce to mutate permanently into a monster and will become much harder to contain.
The Fortress Isaias is warded against Shadow Leyas, Earth Leyas, Fire Leyas.

Come here to discuss the matter of the Battle at Fortress Isaias.

This mission ends on Friday 25th October at 8.PM. E.S.T.

(Lalder and Lurtor’s actions require Resugent’s actions of sending a group in to slow down or stop Protodoxa)

Lalder says to his gogs “This will be a risky mission, make sure to leave a tip of a finger with Orog for resurrection. Lurtor and I will blend into Resugent’s forces to see if we can stop this fighting. If we fail or succeed, we will need to leave quickly. As all the rest of the oners are not our friends. So be careful. Both Lurtor and I will have comm crystals. If Possible we must save Protodoxa "

Lalder says to Resugent “Let Lurtor and myself blend into the middle of your group. We will use our leyas to protect your forces and to try and stop Protodoxa. We need to get close to look at what is controlling him.” Lurtor and Lalder will drop their visors and activate Actor’s disguise to complete their costume to look like Paladins.

Infiltration Group - Lalder and Lurtor
Lalder and Lurtor, both who were tall for Tla’loc’al Olgogs. This mainly due to Lalders age and from the Earthers’s original Beliefs of the Olgogs. They both presented their disguises to Resugent. With the Full Metal Plate Armor, the swords they carried, and Actor’s disguise, they should be able to pass for Earthers. In this aspect, Lurtor would take the lead, he was a professional spy and that VALAD training for count for something.

Mixed in Resugent’s group that is going to confront Protodoxa and with the commotion going on, they should be able to sneak into the fort to where Protodoxa is fighting. Lalder and Lurtor would work to blend in and not stick out.

Lurtor’s Job was to protect the Oners. Lurtor would use Squad shield (Chill Dmg) and/or Protective Song (For Melee & missle Dmg.

Lalder’s Job was to stop Protodoxa. Lalder looks at his old friend with Leyas sight to study the effects on him. Upon seeing the possession, Lalder would try a long shot of a banishment. Lalder would use conversion to pour a part of his life force into making sure this succeeded (2 Successes) then drinking a healing potion. If this didn’t work, Lalder would try Soothing Word and Soothe Temper. Then trying the banishment again. Lalder would join the fight to get close, using his Blessed Sword and his Warwalker armor buckler (as long as no conflict). Lalder would try to cut off the arm holding the hammer.

In the end, if no action stopped this, Lalder would hit for a kill. Then taking a part of Protodoxa’s flesh for later ressurection. (The minite they were out.)

Escape:
Lalder and Lurtor will blend into the Oners and leave quickly after the fight. If given no choice, Lurtor will use Song of Tragedy to knock out enough Oners for them to flee and escape to the Fighters. The attack is not prefered.

Outside group
Lalog’na and Lalur’ab lead the Lur Union Fighters, tribesmen, and the FKM gogs. The Lur Union fighters will use Ice Shield, and Chill Shield to protect against attacks. Hopefully staying out of the Shadow Ward.

Two Lur Union fighters would work to distract the Anti Aircraft weapons. They would keep enough distance to react to attacks while firing lasers to limit the return fire. At first they are not trying to destroy the Anti Air defence expecting Resugent’s forces to take them. They were just a distraction.

Two more Lur Union fighters sat ready with the Aufs and FKM gogs, ready to hit hard and fast if Lalder and Lurtor needed an extraction quickly.

In this case all 4 Lur Union fighters would use their laser attacks to take. The FKM gogs would lay down cover fire with their spring shot rifles. Allowing Lurtor and Lalder to make it to the fighters to leave. Lalog’na would summon Chimera’s to attack the forces as distractions.

Note:
This mission is dangerous, all gave finger tips (or other parts) to Orog the Apprentice Auf who is setup to raise gogs quickly.

Equipment and Stats
Lurtor ((VLAD Agent) LR:4, Heal:1, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:2, General:2, Shape:3, Troub:4) Adj: (Charisma (+4 Item))

[ul]
[li] Metal Plate armor (Oner), Necklace of Protective Aura, Ringer of LIghtning Strike, VLAD Phoenix Strike Pistol, Combat Knife (Shieldbreak 6 success), Ring of Healing (Cure Disease, Heal Internal Damage, Cure Poison (3 succ)), and a Fireproof trench Coat. Goggles of Night sight. Paladin Sword. Necklace with Life Shield (3 Succ), Old Magi Cannon, Earring of Charisma +4[/li][li]2 Sonic Grenades, Leash of Summon Chimera[/li][li]Shields: Actor’s disguise, LIfe shield (Item, 3 Sucesses), Enhanced Beauty (Item 4 successes), Obscure (item), Cat like Reflexes.[/li][/ul]

Lalder ((Auf) LR:5, Heal:4, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:3, Earth:4, Fire:3, Water:3, General:2, Summ:3, Troub:2) Adj: (Charisma +4 (Item))

[ul]
[li]Metal Plate Armor, Warwalker Armor Buckler[/li][li]Fire Leap boots, Compassion of Protodoxa, Feather of Kul Gul Rapi (Animal Smell/Hearing, Catlike Reflexes, Animal Sight at 3 successes), concealment Stone, Leash of Summon Chimera[/li][li]Skull Crusher Magi Pistol, Magi Cannon, Blessed Sword (Heal internal/Conversion at 3 Succ), Wave Motion Fist Gloves[/li][li]Ring of Healing (Cure Disease, Heal Internal Damage, Cure Poison (3 succ)), Ringer of LIghtning Strike, Ring of Nerve Disruption[/li][li]Shields: Actor’s Disguise, Life Shield (Item 6 Successes), Catlike Reflexes (item), Animal SIght (Item), Obscure (item)[/li][/ul]

Lalog’na ((Auf) LR:4, Heal:4, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:3, Earth:3, Fire:3, Water:3, General:2, Summ:3)
Lalur’ab ((Auf) LR:4, Heal:4, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:3, Earth:3, Fire:3, Water:3, General:2)

8 FKM Gogs: Addtiionally have Fire Lances and SpringShot rifles with Swordfiend bone ammo
Bug the Standard Bearer (FS:4|LR:3, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:3, General:1)
Dol’ab (FS:4|LR:3, Light: 2, Shadow:3, Earth:3, General:1)
GulTor (FS:4|LR:3, Shadow:3, Earth:3, Water:3, General:1)
Hobator (FS:4|LR:3, Shadow:3, Earth:3, Water:3, General:1)
Tlaog (FS:4|LR:3, Light: 2, Shadow:3, Air:2, General:1)
Dar’ab (FS:4|LR:3, Shadow:3, Earth:3, General:1)
Rapiya (FS:4|LR:3, Shadow:3, Earth:3, General:1)
Tor’ru (FS:4|LR:3, Shadow:3, Earth:3, General:1)

8 Tribesmen (4 Pilots +5 Pilot, 4 gunners) -(Tribesmen: FS:4, LR:2, Shadow:2, Air:2, Earth:2, Fire:2, Water:2, General:1) Adj (Pilot Hover +5)

Standard Equipment: Armorfiend Vest, Artifice Forked Krato spear with Shieldbreak, Solar Essence and Lightning spear studs, 4 healing potions, 4 rez potions And Tribal shields. Camo Cloak (Obscure, Wilderness Camo), Wave Motion Fist Gloves, Phoenix Strike Pistol, SKull Crusher Pistol

Lord Grimaldus sighed to himself, he was attacking a Church of One fortress and fighting alongside Goblins. It was only a short time ago that he would have laughed at the very idea as nonsensical, but here he was. He ordered Paladin Resugent with a dozen Elite Paladins who had accepted the leyas. They would be split into two groups. Paladin Resugent would lead six men and engage Protodoxa. Resugent would use Nerve disruption while the Paladins would use light leyas to shine lights to make it more difficult for them to be hit. They would engage Protodoxa attempting to distract him and contain him. They would know better then to think that they could defeat the enraged Goblin but they would try to disarm him. The pain from the Nerve distruption might be enough to allow them to disarm Protodoxa and capture him. But if that proves too dangerous keeping him contained and stopping the slaughter would be enough.

The second group of six shall be dropped the gun emplacements from a Hovercoptor, hopefully they will be distracted by the actions of the Goblins that they won’t question the Church forces seemingly there to reinforce them. They shall attempt to secure the guns claiming to be there to reinforce the defenders. Then they shall capture the soldiers manning them. If they are too slow in capturing all of the guns and the other turrets start turning to engage them and their hovercoptor then the Cloaked AAV shall use their rail guns to destroy them, they shall avoid using missiles if able due to the lack of desire for major damage. If they are Paladins they shall be knocked out and tied up, if they are Inquisitors or Red Bishops they will be executed.

Every Paladin including Resugent shall each protect themselves with a Life-shield and attempt to bend the light leyas to make them harder to target (My guides are packed in boxes, cannot reference them to see the ability name) Armed with their standard equipment.

Once the battle is over the survivors shall be gathered together and Grimaldus shall address them. “My brothers, you have faced a horrible foe and we have all emerged victorious. Your comrades in arms would be proud of your bravery and tenacity. However things are not as they seem, as you have noticed there is a group of Goblins here who have also fought against your attacker. No doubt you find it odd that I am not moving against them, there is a good reason for this. You have been plied with lies and deceits, let me show you the truth of what you have served.” (Grimaldus will show them the proof of the Church’s misdeeds) He will give them a few moments to rest as his Paladins led by Resugent healed all of the Captured Paladins, "As you see things are not as simple as you believed a scant few minutes ago. Now I am not going to demand that you befriend the Goblins, I have still not truly forgiven them for their actions. All I ask of you is for you to look to the future and put these feelings aside for the time being and join with me in trying to create a future for our people where we aren’t driven by hate and violence.

I tell you that I plan on petitioning the Colonies for aid. I wish to create a new Earther Colony down in the south where we can live and where we can protect our people. We can use their resources to help make this land more livable and a better home for our people. I also wish to gain their protection from the Church, I tell you now that there is a rogue Inquisitor named Sidermann who wants to manipulate us. He wants to use us for his purposes and claims to be able to protect us. He has known the truth of the Church this whole time and yet did nothing to aid the people, we cannot rely upon such cruel manipulative people, we must rely upon ourselves and those willing to aid us in good faith. We must ask for the Colonies to aid us, with their help we can become strong and self sufficient."

Looking upon the faces of his forces and the few that survived the attack. “My friends, my brothers, we do not have to give up our faith, that is what makes us who we are. It keeps us strong and defines us, this is not the end for us, but a new beginning. God is pure, it is just that his servants have perpetrated a great evil, due to the interference of an evil alien being. We let hate guide us instead of God’s love. We must return to the true tenets of the Church, faith, love, and protecting the innocent. Join with me, and we can carve out a new future in these harsh lands, living peacefully with our neighbors and respecting each others boarders. We can make a new Earther nation that keeps our unique culture without the death of others just because they are different. We can survive and show this world that faith can be pure and good!”

Olav stepped out of the Bunker, striding over to the landing platform for the Rhug’na’ru. A few Rhug’na’ru olgogs were busy getting the last of the metal plates on the airship. A slight breeze blew over the tribe, a momentary pause for the hope of good weather. Olav called the crew to him, motioning to the few on top of the Rhug’na’ru to keep working. He motioned to the ship. “As you know, we are going to be flying into enemy territory.” He paused, thinking over his words. “To be distractions.” He paused, sighing inwardly. “For an anti aircraft gun.” He pressed the bridge of his nose, sighing heavily. He truly wished he could have a good cigar, to calm his nerves. “Simply put, we aren’t going into battle for any glorious purpose. I urge you to say what you want before hand, as we will be flying light, having only you three with us.” He walked up to the engines. “We will be going at full speed, maximizing the engines.” He pointed at Tla’ab. “You will get their attention with a shot at on of the gunners… Kill him if you want, it doesn’t matter.” He looked up. “We will also have a few Lur Union fighters in the sky with us.” He grinned slightly. “At least we aren’t the only Target.” He looked them over sternly. “Once we can tell if the fighting’s over, we are out of here.” He walked to the Hindengog. “All aboard.”

The Plan
Distraction: Hindengog armored (+5 VAR against melee & energy, halves movement)
one shot at the crew at the gun, to gain attention

Before battle/engagement:
Step one, find a dead creature. Bring to one life, using his sword’s ability to heal, then kill it and instant recall. If Daemonsbane ain’t here, find him. Get him and bring him here.

Step Two - If needed because Daemonsbane is nowhere to be found, repeat prior actions and instant recall to figure out how Protodoxa was possesed (killing the fool attacking him). Then do it to find out “for what purpose.” One last time, if there is opportunity, to see if whatever possessed the olgog can be proverbially bottled up.

If there’s something that can “bottle up” the evil, go after it. Take Moli if he has to.

If possible, take Moli Nial into battle by either shadow-walking or, if someone requires it (from Fortress Isiah thread), Yohai would cut through reality using his no’dachi from the cave of Mag Buskt to Veczne (Plane of Shadow) and to the Inquistor Fortress.

Prep: Life Shield. When someone attacks using Energy or Missiles, bring up “the other shield,”

If it’s a standard demon (not Ancient Evil), Yohai will endeavor to distract Protodoxa to give his “friends” a chance to save him. If Earthers attack him, they die in one fell swoop (using void blade). If needed, sever Protodoxa’s arm(s) to prevent him from attacking. The life shield may only seal the wound, not reattach the hand, but if it does, well, then at least he’s kept busy. Work in tandem with Mag Buskt to keep the monster busy. Hopefully, Daemonsbane shows up. Otherwise, hopefully he has whatever he needs to bottle up the evil.

Use the olgogs to distract Earthers, shadow their movements as they maneauver the environs. While he can likely take on a whole army, he’d rather not waste time doing so.

If it’s one of the ancient evils possessing Protodoxa - 1) If it’s war monger, push the crystal, get help. Call for Azrael, Zaodonai Uth, Raven, Killian … get the cavalry. 2) If it’s anyone else (e.g. xephon), tell them that the one who slays the creature will be possessed by the ancient evil. Make sure that nobody strong does that (e.g. Grim, Mag Buskt). In either case, pray Daemonsbane shows up.

Yohai’s priority is to help the natives contain Protodoxa. However, if it’s a lost cause, then its a lost cause. He will not let the olgog become like the beast Daemonsbane. He saw how it affected Rogarth, and wishes that fate unto no living creature.

Rogarth looked at the mighty Fortress Isaias. In a way Yohai’s call had reminded him of his old life. Service to the Kias Emperor and in the Druids Balancers had been very similar in this regard. Infiltraite an enemy stronghold, find the possessed target, consume demon.

Unlike either of his old jobs, he didnt have his brotherblade the Daemonsbane sword and for the first time he was being asked to spare the possessed host.

Then again Rogarth had seen The Shatterer in combat against a Kias Warmachine aeons before and knew this was no easy fight ahead of them.

He would have to make sure not to let his darker nature out. If he went monster Protodoxa and most of the knights would not be spared.

So instead of running into combat he would wait until the heroes made their move and if it seemed likely to fail he would parry the Shatterers hammer before it could feed on the heroes. Then he would attempt to consume the demonic influence without killing The Shatterer.

Little did Rogarth know he was acting out an ancient wager between the Warmonger and Lord Falos…

(OOC Due to Time and life, I have to post my response now. I’m not trying to close the thread, but I will be out with the family at a Girl Scout event at the time the post is suppose to close. I will edit if I need to respond to anyone after this post if I have time.)

Lalog’na and Lalur’ab will take up Moli Nial on the offer of help getting inside. Lalog’na says “We can shadow walk, but the wards are too strong for us to do that.”

The 2 aufs then would work from the background, using their healing and light leyas to assist the others. The Light Leyas would be used to hide their location from the Paladins and Inquisitors.

At Lord Grimaldus Proclaimation:
Lalder and Lurtor will drop their actor’s disguise and take off their helmets to show what he says is true. Lalder will also cast translate so all gogs and earthers can understand each other though Lalder and Lurtor both spoke Earther very well.

After the battle
Lalder will says to Lord Grimaldus or Resugent “I am not sure how you feel about this. Leyas is natural to us. And death is transitory. If you wish, I can bring back the dead, as long as Moli Nial doesn’t think the mag mag gor possessed them. If you put out the Earthers you wish back and remove the ones you do not. If you want to bring back all of them, I can revive all within a mile of here. These are yours, so I leave it to you to decide.

Also, you can have the United Tribes of Refuge as an ally if you wish, but I expect anything official will give the Church of One reason to attack you quicker. If you wish official, we just need to convene a council meeting to approve. But As long as we can keep this peace between your Earthers and Olgogs, you will get me and mine’s support.”

(OOC Lalder can do mass resurrection or Lur tor can use song mancer (with a few healings for those missed if Lord G takes Lalder up on this.)

Lalder and his will not stay long, no need to ruin the good will they might have earned. They will take Protodoxa (body or alive) with them.

If Protodoxa is Killed
If the oners won’t allow it, Lurtor with a slide of hand, take a finger. Then he will burn the body so the churchers cannot use it to bring Protodoxa back before them. They will also take his hammer if not destroyed or plagued by possession. If Protodoxa was killed but his possession removed, Lalder will revive him. But only if he knows the possession was removed."

Yagogi’al the Og’ab will ask the Uth Akalus to bring he and his tribals to the Inquisitorial Fortress. Going with Yagogi’al are, the 3 juvenile gor’abs Or’on Der’na, Sa’na Ol,and Zhor’ab, 2 totem students Onigor and Or’tor, then Loo’mis, Rapi Hob’og and mag’ol Zhya Gog’mis. The totem students have spent the morning communing: Or’tor with the spirits of on’tor granting her the ability of vision and flight, Onigor with the spirit of raghe for strength.

Once inside the fortress, Yagogi’al and the gor’abs will begin singing the battle hymns and praise of Protodoxa. The gor’abs singing are using troubadour, casting LULLABY OF NIGHT to put to sleep the attacking enemy knight forces, this excludes Sir Resugent and his group. Loo’mis who has worked alongside Resugents will assure him that the rest of the knights are alright, just put to sleep to stop from being slaughtered by Protodoxa and feeding the demonic possession. Yagogi’al does not have the skills in troubadour to be casting the spell, instead he is using Restraint in the Face of Mob Frenzy, a reward ending a target berzerking- attempting to calm down Protodoxa. If the fighting stops with they, they get Protodoxa out of there right there and then (honestly don’t think it will).

Then the gor’ab will attempt to disarm the possessed Protodoxa from his weapon, using their zela blades. If Protodoxa is still rampaging, Onigor will challenge the demon to possess him, trying to trick the demon to leave and get Protodoxa on their side and talking. Using raghe spirit strength, Onigor may or may not be able to be possess??? If this does nothing, Yagogi’al the Og’ab will fight Protodoxa using the Sword of Mag Buskt, doing No A.R. Vs. Demons, Lesser evils, Fiends, and Ancient Evils. We would like to spare Protodoxa, having Zhor’ab cast hold life on a piece of fallen warrior.

Grim had heard the his old friend had succumb to the madness again. ‘this is not good. I have to keep my promise to the old bum,’ he thought to himself as he sliced off his finger and left it wrapped with a note on the office desk. ‘Well, at least i’ll go knowing that I messed with McMurphy one last time.’ Laughing to himself, he vanished out of the office of Vlad.

Appearing outside the fortress, he started to draw on his inner Darkness. Walking calmly forward, he drewout his harmonica and proceeded to play a dirge. As he walked into the the battle, all around him, combatants started to cry out in anguish and sadness as his song brought back to them their greatest losses and sorrows. As they continued to suffer, one by one they dropped into unconsciousness as they could stand the Song of Tragedy no longer.

Coming upon Protodoxa, he wil Challenge his old friend and attempt to stop him with out killing him if possible. Drawing a matched set of void blade kur’az, the world seems to darken and chill as his eyes turn black and the muscles on his arms seemed to quiver and ooze under his skin. The focii and piercings msut come out, he decided. The dark gave him seeming impossible speed and strength, hardening his flesh and quicken in him in a way he had not done since the night he killed the UrKing and won his freedom. Seperating 'Doxa and the hammer must be done quickly if he was to survive.

his last thoughts as he enters the fight are ’ not sure if I can win, but I know he would rather I stop he then let this happen.’

—OOC—

Grim has left his left pinkie wrapped in a hankercheif on the desk on McMurphy.

on arrivial, he will use Song of Tragedy amped by expenditure of his stolen life to put down as many combatants as possible.

when he finds Protodoxa, he will spend up to 30 years of life on pumping each of his strength, agility, and health, so as to be able to survive fighting longer enough to use his voidblades to separate protdoxa from his hammer and the cut out as many focii and piercings as he can before he is brought down.