Goblin Lands Peacekeeper Mission Week 10: The Tribunal of the Infamous OtO

There once was an EEF soldier who came from an abusive home in the Goblin Lands.
And he grew up seeking the biggest baddest most powerful armor and weapons so he would never feel so weak again.
He dreamed and he fantasized about vengeance on his abuser and grew older and yet did not grow up.
Always the drive for a better weapon for revenge or a more powerful armor so he would never have to show weakness to anyone. Never have anyone tell him what to do or when. But he never asked himself Why?
He washed out of the EEF ranked soldiers into one of the few penal units under Field Marshall Strykker’s guidance. The Olgog lucked out when the VLAD agency picked him up as an agent. But they never trusted him the field after multiple disciplinary breaches.
They kept a bomb collar strapped to him, because while he was very effective on the battlefield in combat he was a loose cannon.

Then things went horribly wrong on a mission to Unen. Olgog the Olgog (OtO) became the Champion of Mag Buskt. During this time the lands of Tla’loc’al were orbitally bombarded and thousands died.

When OtO was interrogated by the EEF, he refused to accept his rank of EEF and instead declared himself of the Tribe of Mag Buskt.
As a result the EEF has provided him to Tla’loc’al to face trial by his victims.

The EEF (Earther Military of the colonies) has presented digital transcripts of OtO hacking the satellite, and Uth Seer testimony showing that OtO acted with full knowledge that his actions would kill many many innocents and would incite war between Tla’loc’al and the Tribe of Mag Buskt.

OtO is held on a stage in front of the tribunal, his feet still missing and his lungs being drained of diseased fluid. He is currently in a chamber with purify air and cure disease crytals preventing him from spreading the plague slowly killing him.

The Tribunal may now call other witnesses to the actions and character witnesses.

your post must include:

1. Do you feel OtO is guilty of the Crime of attacking Tla’loc’al?

2. What should be OtO’s punishment of the Crime of attacking Tla’loc’al?

3. Do you feel OtO is guilty of the Crime of Warmongering? (inciting senseless warfare)

4. What should be OtO’s punishment be for the crime of Warmongering?

5. Do you wish to speak for or against OtO’s character citing specific examples? .

6. Do you feel OtO’s providing Uhyru Bill as a sacrifice to Mag Buskt should be considered as part of this tribunal?

Mission Rules
First player to post gets a repost when all other players have finished posting to the mission in response to all other actions.
All other players may only make 1 posting.
Other players may only act as if they have seen the action of the first player who posts.
All other actions will be compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

Special Challenges: No combat in this mission

This mission takes place in Tla’loc’al

Tribe of GulTor’Uf will gain a special reward if Uhryu Bill speaks in the name of forgiveness to his son now on Trial.

Open to all tribes

Open to all player Characters

Cat Dancer may choose to either post in defense of OtO a speech or put forth a plan to try and spring him.

OtO may only post a single speech of what OtO would say in his defense when he was brought to the stand.

Field Marshall Strykker and Agent Candy may either post against OtO in his trial or try and counter Cat Dancer’s attempts to escape with OtO.

This mission ends on Friday 26th July at 8.PM. E.S.T.

(OCC: Dolur (LR:4, Shadow:2, Air:3, Earth:1, Fire:1, Water:2, General:2, Summ:1) )

Dolur of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al says “I am here to speak against Olgog the Olgog. He is guilty of mass murder, attacking Tla’loc’al, and warmongering. This is all without getting involved in the inner tribe politics which lead him to give up his father for sacrifice, and I do not think we here need to go into that. Its a distraction and Olgog the Olgog has committed enough crimes against us where the addition of one more won’t matter.

We have confirmed through trusted sources that he caused the attack on Tla’loc’al giving final death to thousands. These gogs are gone. As he was the Champion of Mag Buskt, this caused our tribes to battle with Mag Buskt tribe and the tribes of Tla’loc’al, Lur Union, and United Tribes of Refuge. We’ve lost 2 additional gogs in this fight as well.

Killing thousands only helps the warmonger reach its goal. Additionally we’ve had to respond to this attacks and splitting our forces, instead of concentrating on the true enemy, the dead who follow the warmonger. Specifically unit 111. And this maybe the biggest part of the crime he’s committed. He has, whether unknowling or not, aided the enemy.

For his punishment, we are not as sure on. The disease should be cured just to prevent it from spreading, or his body incinerated to destroy it if he is just put to death. We would not vote against death, but there seems little his death will bring us. With that, I see little he could do to repay for his crimes if he were to live.

If he can do nothing, then I say he should be put to death. If he tries to escape, he should be killed. But If he can stop Mag Buskt from continuing to attack us instead of the warmongers dead, then let him live and try. But he better have a punishment to go with that.

If he is let to live because he could provide a service to Olgogs, he should never be allowed to touch tech like his armor again as a punishment. If he is caught breaking this, he should be killed. Its the only thing that can be taken from him.

Glog listened to all the evidence and Dolur’s statement. His chose made he rose and spoke.
"Honored tribes, we and the EEF have had issues in the past. That too was a source Olgog the Olgog wished to use to cause war and conflict between our peoples. This should also be taken into account. The facts are the same no matter how we wish to look at them. Olgog the Olgog has committed at least three major crimes in my view.

Crime one he attacked Tla’loc’aL. Our homes distroyed and our loved ones injured or having been killed beyond our power to heal them.
Crime two causing unnecessary war. Whether the war is with the EEF as he originally intended, based on his actions, or with another tribe we are still at war.
Crime three helping and/or participating in the sacrifice of Uhyru Bill.

In all three crimes he is guilty. His past actions should not account for his current crimes. I know that several of my allies would have him given final death as punishment for his crimes. I disagree. He should be cured of the illness and forced to work, without any tools, for the betterment of his victims. If at the end of his punishment he has not shown any remorse then he be given final death so that the spirits may hand out their own justice."

Lady Hob’Lalol, brave mak’ab of the Venerable Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab came to the Tla’loc’al region to speak before the Tribunal of OtO. She had never met this infamous criminal, but she thought of her own pup now grown into a fully active member of the tribe; and from what she heard about the challenge with her tribe uhryu he could not be completely senseless and bloodthirsty as everyone thought. At most, the criminal was greatly misguided and his upbringing spoke of tragedy and more misunderstanding. This of course did not entirely make his actions acceptable, he and others involved needed to be held accountable. OtO is still basically a cub, being stunted by the traumas of childhood and nearly incapable of owning up to his actions, let alone feeling guilty for this attack or warmongering. After hearing his testimony, it is clear that he barely knows what he was doing. In terms of punishment for attacking Tla’loc’al, I feel that the blame is not only on his head but that of his commanding officers for entrusting that much power to one that is so unstable. OtO needs to work towards personally repaying the Tla’loc’al region, and his company must do so on a larger scale. Surely, they had some idea of how he functioned, and they allowed for this attack to be possible. In terms of punishment for warmongering, I feel that he should lose his place within the tribe of Mag Buskt, and settle losses for the tribes that came together to make a stand against them. Possibly stay with different tribe and have a re-education of the olgog ways.

I am a mother, and i would wish that my own young could be accountable for his actions. I am speaking with the logic of one who has already raised an honorable humble olgog cub, i do not think i am entirely for or against Olgog the Olgog. He has done wrongs, but there is some sort of reasoning for why things have happened the way they have. There is so much that a cub of a perfect tribal life would not be able to handle, so how can we expect the same of one that has had such trauma. Ultimately, I feel that this is a tribal dra (matter) getting out of hand, and it should be the decision of his own father, who was picked by cub as an intended sacrifice. As much as all the tribes involved have a stake, the sacrifice should be considered part of the tribunal and the only testimony that really matters is that of Olgog and cub to remedy the way all involved are going to be viewing this. Let the parent judge, because if he is of any worth as an uhryu then he will be judging himself as well. And what id the mother, how does she factor into all of this mistreatment? There are indeed, many factors to be examined.

Babi listened to the defense. Man they were quick to throw Olgog the Olgog under the yadol he thought. Mama Rapigog sent him to listen to the trial, he was supposed to make sure he didn’t try to name the other bruskti as accomplices. “It accomplish no ting at all.” she had noted. Listening though he felt moved to speak out.

“You make him sound like warmonger himself in dat tank!” He said as he made his way to give testimony. “You say he kill thousands and that bring warmonger, well da Lur Union, and da GNA, kill thousands in our conquest of Thomasville, Simonsburg, Drewsport, Jamesville, that mean we guilty of warmongering? If we never attack Thomasville Unit 111 stay hidden in da dark corners they live. If anyone guilty of helping warmonger at Thomasville it da GNA and Lur Union for making it and them an easy kill for da unit”

“You say he get da soldiers in da GNA to follow him out fort desperation. Is dis even a crime hmm? Da fort under seige, da GNA head gogs don’t do any ting. shells fall like da rain. Then here comes an olgog in giant armor and he tell them he lead them out he get them loot.” Babi shrugged, “Why da ur rhug stay there?”

“If he commit da crime of warmongering by his action at thomasville then we all should swing on da gallows next to him.”

“You accuse him of siding with da Mag Bruskt. Say this a crime. You declaring war on all da Bruskti?” Babi asked seriously, “If da first Auf of Tla’Loc’al, or da first Uhryu of da tribes of Karov come back you say you wouldn’t be inclined to hear what they say. Their words carry more weight than a gog sucking at a tit?” He nodded, “Oh they do? That good because you let da family teach da other bruskti da new ways, but Olgog the Olgog stand trial for the same crime da Bruskti following Mag Bruskt committed.”

“You argue he should stand trial for bringing Uhryu Bill to Mag Bruskt. But why he do that. He claim Uhryu Bill torture gog and Uhryu Bill evil. Why he say that hmm? Did anyone ask him why he believe these tings, or we don’t care?”

“There be one thing I wonder about.” He pulled out a pair of cracked reading glasses which he thought made him look smarter and proceeded to look at the documents presented. “How he get his armor and those guns hmm? Seem to me da EEF don’t just hand those tings out.” He read the training records his earther being just barely passable for the task. “Here it say he bite off da fingers of his commander. You give out power armor for dat?” He pointedly asked the EEF officers gathered.

“It sound fishy. He get sent to jail and then less than a season later he running around da goblin lands in da best equipment da EEF have?” He stopped and pondered it, “It seem to me someone in da EEF give him dat equipment. It seem to me he get out of jail when da EEF take interest in da tribes. Why you release him, give him weapons and armor and turn him loose on da tribes? What you tink happen when he get out of jail hmm?” Babi said eyes narrowed staring down the EEF tribunal.

OOC note. There are no EEF members on the tribunal nor is there a separate EEF tribunal

General Ma’pel stood before addressing the tribunal. She returned Babi’s stare evenly for a moment before she spoke.
“I am afraid there is some confusion here. The only armor the EEF ever issued to Olgog the olgog was a standard set of Lancer power armor. The exact same type that the majority of our power armored troops use hardly the best equipment we have but serviceable all the same. His armor however had been heavily modified by Olgog the olgog with weapons and equipment he had taken from various battlefields. I must also point out that his release to the penal division was a few years ago and he was imprisoned for several years and not less than a season.”

“Olgog the olgog was given many chances by the EEF to serve in a proper fashion. You can see what he has done with these chances. Perhaps we allowed his effectiveness in battle to overshadow other concerns. More to the point his actions were his and his alone and we have provided you evidence of his actions he has offered no defense for himself, rather he has bragged of his actions and his service to Mag Buskti. Even if that was not enough the logs from his own armor show when he attempted to hack even more destructive weapons and unleash them on unsuspecting civilians. His crimes are clear. Frankly if I had my way he would have been given final death already since as far as I can see he lacks the honor to atone in any meaningful fashion. I was over ruled however. My superiors felt it would be more appropriate that he face the justice of the people he has most wronged. That being the case the EEF will abide by the decision of this body regarding the charges he faces and any punishment he may get.” She gave a slight respectful nod the gathered tribal leaders and returned to her seat."

your homes and family are destroyed because the EEF didn’t send any help and they knew what was happening. We contracted 3 times, twice by OTO and once by myself. Heck! OTO was sending a video feed to HQ at the time and what happen nothing? nothing happen. When I called we got a response but they told us to continue integrating with the local, even after I told them Mag Buskt was there, I asked about the video feed OTO was sending them, if they resceived or not and they admitted to receiving it, ADMITTED TO RECEIVING THE VIDEO, the video that has Mag Bruskt appearing on it, the video that shows this ancient evil rising from his slumber, rising from the underground room he was in and what did they say, “just continue with your mission” like it no big deal, too continue investigating the island and if found integrating with the local. do you know who the local was? the Local was Mag Bruskt. We was supposed to integrate with Mag Bruskt, no harm there right? I’m mean all he wants to do is have a picnic and eat snow cones under the sun right? No your wrong . . . Unfortunately for you all . . . i’m . . . . not . . actually sure he wanted . . . BUT I know it wasn’t snow cones and picnics, Mag Bruskt took his position, his leadership, his traditions VERY SERIOUSLY. After OTO had the emotion breakdown and Mag Bruskt name him champion, Mag Bruskt took he away and was talking army tactic and the likes to OTO. Since we was told to integated, we did what we was told to do, and OTO did it well good, actually he did it extremely good. Ooohh and the armor that he had was given to him by McMurphy he’s a Agent of the EEF, in case anybody wanted to know. I know it was brought up earlier and I thought i would bring it to light. . . . .

Uhryu Bill walked into the ampitheatre, with a gor’ab following behind him. By looking, no one could tell whether his discomfort was from having a zela sword stuck through him or seeing his son with his legs cut off and him suffering from a horrible disease.

Bill looks around the room and begins to speak:

"My friends, colleagues and other gogs, today we are brought together by the tragedy that has stuck Tal loc 'al. We are told that we are here to punish this gog in front of us, with the EEF bringing him and “PERFECT EVIDENCE” that this is the gog that has perpetrated this incident. This gog is my son.

He is a representation one of my greatest failures as a gog. Many years ago, when my son was still a juvenile, he had a bad habit of tormenting one of the members of our tribe. I wasn’t a Uhryu then, I just was a tribal member. One of our elders was like that of the red furs, he could only see with leyas sight. This elder was responsible for teaching our young to be stealthy, it was a game to the young, and it taught them valuable skills. Most times this turned out fine, as our elder could see the gogs, but my child is the only one he could not see. This was fine until he because skilled at sneaking around, and our elder’s hearing could not detect him. He started tormenting the old gog, until finally one day I caught him. I immediately applied our tribes form of punishment , it was to remove his hands. I know this sounds harsh, I belonged to a small tribe, and punishments like this were effective at teaching the lessons that were needed, except we couldn’t heal him. It was about a week after this incident, we came across an earther medic and my son disappeared from my knowledge. We searched for some months, but didn’t find anything.

As father I can not judge him, for he is my blood and his shaping into the gog his is today is my responsibility.

As an Uhryu, I ask the questions, why was the EEF in our domain with military forces? I spoke to a commander Shiro before, and he came down personally and informed us that the EEF and colonies would not mettle in our efforts. This is also the EEF person that wanted to revive the Ur King’s leader (egola ? don’t remember name) and use a memory stealing witch to take and change his memories so that the Ur Kings leader would be loyal to the EEF. It seems to me that the EEF is only concerned with control on and individual and global tribal level. They present evidence from a memory stealing witch and paper documents, neither which I nor any of you can verify the truth of them. If we are to build an olgog nation, I believe this will set the precedence of the new nation being under the EEF."

The Gor’ab starts helping Bill towards the door, and right before he leaves, Bill turns around and asks “Please don’t kill my son, he is all that I have left of his mother” [exit stage left]

OtO started a coughing laugh, spewing black spittle along the clear box he is in.

Looking at Dolur; he speaks with black fluid falling from his mouth:

“Good, Good. I now know who the pawns of the EEF in [OLGOG’s NAME FOR THE GOBLIN LANDS]. Let me guess, you even asked them for help, and they want to rebuild everything?! Those people will be mapping your caves, and keeping complete blueprints of every building you erect, maybe even putting in surveillance equipment inside the walls. You have sold out your people, for what? Some help that will profit the EEF more than you?”

Then starts laughing and coughing again.

Dolur responds "I no longer believe or hope you would work for peace with between us and Mag Buskt. Remember Olgog to Olgog, you are the one who attacked us. You are the one who killed thousands. You did not have to do that. You Choose to do that. And even with your words here, you only try to start more conflicts instead of defending your actions.

I withdraw my request to let him try and find peace between us and Mag Buskt. He won’t do it. He only wants conflicts.

As for death, I’m not finding any other actions. We still have to cure the disease so it won’t spread. And even if we leave him maimed, he only needs to find nano bots to be restored. If we free him, he will just go back to mag buskt and attack us again. I don’t believe we can chance that. He did too much damage the first time. I fear he leaves us with no options but death. I will listen to any options, but I see none.
"

Candy walked up to the podium she clears her throat then speaks "My name is Candy, I am sweet and tasty, though in large quantities I can cause cavities, cavities are unpleasant and painful. You should brush your teeth at regular intervals to help prevent cavities, gum disease and gingivitis. Probably also bathe more, seriously you guys, at least hang some air fresheners or something.

Anyway, Olgog the Olgog is an asshole, truly. He bombed your people and became the champion of a group that wanted to conquer you all. If you want to punish him, fine. If you want to let him go, fine. If you want to create a holiday called Olgog the Olgog day and have him ride in a float, ok. I don’t actually care, I am getting overtime to be here, do whatever the hell you want. I am not going to tell you how to run your lives, or how to handle your court matters, I am just hear to tell you one thing."

Candy looks directly at Olgog the Olgog and glances at Catdancer and then shapeshifts her hand into a Dolphin “My hand is a Dolphin, your argument is invalid”

Candy then nods her head and walks away.