Goblin Lands Exploration Mission Week 14: A Journey to the Djinni

Djinni blood was the most powerful Leyas generator known to Artificers. Short of holding open an Energy bridge to one of the primordial planes at all times, it was one of the few portable ways of bring Leyas radiation into space or to planets with low background Leyas radiation.
Djinni blood did have more than its fair share of downsides, the largest being you had to extract it from a living Djinni to be viable. It can’t be taken from a dead body.

Word has traveled through the UtR and its allies, that Aufgog Lalder was preparing a full expedition to the land of the Djinni to ask them to donate their blood to help power new defenses for olgog tribes.

Gathering at the Caves of The Auf in Tla’loc’al, it would be Ogalab MagGor’ab who would open an energy bridge for them to the Land of the Falosini.
With Ogalab MagGor’ab’s blessing they would be given free passage across the land of the Falosini, but would need a vessel able to survive the Maelstrom.

The Maelstrom was a dimension sized storm that separated the Land of the Falosini from the Land of the Djinni on Ses’rus. Maelstrom divers, hungry spirit-like entities that drifted on the winds of the storm were known for eating anyone foolish enough to try and fly through the Maelstrom. The Maelstrom divers could not be negotiated with, Ogalab warned the expedition.

The hurricane force winds themselves were deadly enough ripping any ship unprepared for the danger.

Beyond that was the first cloud layer, where the weakest of the Air Spirits lived in fear of the storm lords who lived in the lower cloud layers. Each cloud layer got darker and darker, until finally one passed the floating kingdoms of the Storm lords out into the funnel at the end of the Maelstrom and finally reached the realm of the Har’akir.

The Har’akir were the oldest of the Djinni Aristocracy and their fortresses were built on stormclouds.
Here lightning cut the sky with a regularity and provided the little light naturally occuring in this part of the land of the Djinni.

Narrator’s note on Djinni-
The Djinni cannot alter anything that already exists, and cannot make something that changes the fundamental nature of the Leyas or Immutables. Beyond that they have amazing creative power, but it comes at a price. They are not creative on their own, only expressing creative thought through their interactions with other sentient beings. Their lack of personal creative drive, results in a constant state of boredom. Given time this manifests as madness and maliciousness, until they are truly insane beings. As a result the Djinni have a large trade in “Guests”, slaves taken from other species given all sorts of wondrous wishes as long as they keep their Djinni masters entertained.

Mission Challenges

1- How do you travel across the Maelstrom safely?

2- How do you fight off the Maelstrom Divers?

3- What do you offer as tribute to the Storm Lord Air Spirits to buy safe passage?

4- When you finally reach the land of the Djinni what do you ask for?
Is it a boon, or is it a wish? Please word your wish very carefully.
What do you offer in payment? (remember Djinni don’t need things, they desire entertainment)

Mission Rules
First player to post gets a repost when all other players have finished posting to the mission in response to all other actions.
All other players may only make 1 posting.
Other players may only act as if they have seen the action of the first player who posts.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

Open to all tribes and all Mercs except Daron.

Lord grimaldus cannot post to this mission.

Planning Thread

This mission ends on Friday 27th September at 8.PM. E.S.T.

Auf Lalder and Lurtor boarded Kolgols explorer ship. This trip to the land of the Djinni didn’t seem to contain as many as he thought would come. But this mission had a few goals.

While on the ship, Lalder wished to study how this Air leyas artifact was built. They needed to understand its defences a bit, and anything he understood would help improve his understanding of how to build one of these. Kolgol may have done the Lur Union and the UtR a great service by just having this ship to study.

Lalder thought “The trip to the Sylvans helped open his mind to understand earth leyas better. those along may get the same benefit. And this would be good learning expierence for Lurtor as well. Though Lurtor’s time in the VLAD org seems to have done him well.”

Prep
While they prepped for leaving, Lalder and Lurtor were experimenting with the Squad shield that used Light Leyas to protect multiple Gogs. But now they needed to use Shadow leyas instead of Light leyas to provide Chill shields to multiple gogs. A Chill Squad shield. This along with armor, should help protect again the energy attacks they would suffer.

Additionally they made sure plenty of food was packed on to the ship. Since this ship is an Air artifact, they could not use sustain artifacts. So for food they must pack it. Additionally Lalder made sure 10 skins artificed with Create water were on board as well.

Lalder would also pass out 4 other rings that had healing powers. Just incase their protections were not enough, they needed to be able to heal those hurt quickly, so the next attack didn’t kill them. It was much easier to heal than raise the dead.

Additionally Lalder will passout nightmare hide armor artificed with Chill Shield (and Stoneskin) and Chill Bolt studs to attach to the any gog aboards weapons. Armor avaliable for Brez and Tla’loc’al gogs. If everyone had these, Lalder and Lurtor would not have to worry about shielding the others.

Trip
With their prep work done, it was their time to be off. Lalder and Lurtor will ride on the explorer ship following the direction of Kolgol and his squire. While on the trip, Lalder and Lurtor would spend time practicing their story and perfecting the combination of Leyas and words.

Storm Lords
Lalder would be using Enhance Beauty. Then he would approach the Storm Lord and say “We just wish to travel to and back from the Land of the Djinni. We mean no harm to you and yours. If you let us pass, I will artifice any item of yours you wish with any element or healing Leyas that I know.”
(OCC Lutor will help out as well if the request is too much for just Lalder to do. Just not saying that.)

Maelstorm Divers
Lalder and Lurtor knew that with this Air Spirits, they would need to drive them off, but also keep as many gogs healed as they could. Healing is easier than raising the dead. So they would make sure to keep each other healing.

Lalders armor (Armorfiend vest and Cloak) and Chill shield should protect him from most Engery attacks. Lurtor is wearing the Posionbringer Dragon Platemail which with his chill shield, should protect him from the eletrical attacks of the maelstorm divers.

If a Diver attacked, they would use the Magi cannons on the Chill setting to drive them away, while hopefully the other crew were using the chill bolt studs attached to their weapons to help. Lurtor’s leyas actions would switch between Song mancer or Song of Frost. Song of Frost would be used when the Diver was away from the others. Lalder would switch between healing with the ring and firing the magi cannon. If too many went down, he would use mass resurrection (Healing 4, Light 3).

Djinni
Lalder thought that the Djinni wanted entertainment. So they would tell them a story with details they would not know. And with Lurtor they should be able to tell a good story.

Lalder says to the Djinni “I am Lalder of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al, the Lur Union, and the United Tribes of Refuge. This is Lurtor of my Tribe. I wish to trade for some djinni blood. I wish to create Leyas Generators for use on my airship I am building.

For Payment, I thought Lurtor and I could tell you a story. One of the beginning of the United Tribes of Refuge. “

(OCC I’m not a great story teller myself, but Lalder has Troubadour 1 and Lutor has Troubadour 4. Hopefully I’m not overestimating Troubadours effects.)
Both Lalder and Lurtor would use enhance beauty for the increase in Charisma. Lutor as Lalder is telling the story, will help increase and decrease the feelings desired and anding sounds and melodies to the story. At points, Lalder will use Light Leyas to form images of How a battle field looked, or pictures of the Lur Union Fighters in action.

Lalder will start the story with the Group of Elders of tribes heading to check out reports of the Warmongers dead killing travelers, locating an old ship, and taking it home. Lalder will describe some of the initial feelings exploring this dead ship. THen to the attack where new allies defended their Land only to lose tribesmen to the dead. The battle to get them back and the restoration of the tribesmen. Then to the attacks of the Church of One at the Oasis, fighting them off, the artillery retaliation, and repelling the church once again. Then to the Quest to save a tribe caught in a trap at thomasville, the dark times saving the gog, building a fortress and withstanding constant attack. And then the attacks of the warmongers dead and the battle to drive them out. The Church’s faith destroying many of the dead in a flash of light leyas. Meanwhile a group of Elders getting together to join the tribes of Olgogs to one.

Lalder will leave out anything dealing with the crystals.

Lalder will then describe the battles leading to the pushing of the Warmongers dead out of their lands.

The Ending will be with the “Tribes of Refuge continue to push to survive. This is not the end of this story, but a start.“

Characters
Lalder ((Auf) LR:5, Heal:4, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:3, Earth:4, Fire:3, Water:3, General:2, Summ:3, Troub:1)
Equipment

[ul]
[li]ArmorFiend Vest, Armorfiend Cloak , [/li][li]Fire Leap boots, Compassion of Protodoxa, Feather of Kul Gul Rapi (Animal Smell/Hearing, Catlike Reflexes, Animal Sight at 3 successes), concealment Stone [/li][li]Auf Wood Spear (ShieldBreaker, Lighting Spear and solar essence), Poisonbringer Stinger Spear, Skull Crusher Magi Pistol, Magi Cannon, Blessed Sword (Heal internal/Conversion at 3 Succ), Wave Motion Fist Gloves [/li][li]Ring of Healing (Cure Disease, Heal Internal Damage, Cure Poison (3 succ)), Ringer of LIghtning Strike, Ring of Nerve Disruption [/li][/ul]
Shields:

[ul]
[li]Life shield/ignore posion (from Compassion), Chill shield, Ice Shield [/li][/ul]

Lurtor ((VLAD Agent) LR:4, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:2, General:2, Shape:3, Troub:4)
Equipment:

[ul]
[li]Dragon Plate Armor (1/2 Dmg Lightning/Gas attacks), Necklace of Protective Aura, Fireball ring, Ringer of LIghtning Strike, VLAD Phoenix Strike Pistol, Combat Knife (Shieldbreak 6 success), Ring of Healing (Cure Disease, Heal Internal Damage, Cure Poison (3 succ)), and a Fireproof trench Coat. Goggles of Night sight. Paladin Sword. Necklace with Life Shield (3 Succ), Magi Cannon [/li][/ul]

Shields: Chill Shield, Protective Aura from Item, Sonar, life shield (Item)

Urik and five other immutable outcasts will board the explorer ship. They will use the armor Lalder has offered.
They will be armed with two machine guns,one rocket launcher and Urik’s grenade launcher. They will set up machine gun nests on the bow and aft of the ship. They will use chains from their trucks to set up make shift lighting rods and wrap rubber around the weapons where possible to avoid electrocution.

They will follow Lalders lead since it’s his show. They will not attack anyone except at his order or in immediate defense of themselves, the ship or other expedition members.

If the Djinni want a show Urik will share some old war stories if they don’t like that he will wow them with not being effected by the leyas (somebody can throw lighting or fireballs at him) as for a boon he will ask for weapons for his people,nothing crazy some rifles and ammo for them.

Rapi’og finished his run at the entrance to a ship he hasn’t seen before, but from what he heard, this must be the ship. The cloud of dust behind him was getting closer. “I’m going to have to make those lazy ass gogs run more” he cursed at himself. He examined the ship, as he had only seen similar things in the sky attacking him before. As the rest of his gogs caught up he snarled and yelled curses at them, he couldn’t let them think he was weak.

He walks on the ship, and makes himself at home on the deck with his other gogs. When asked, rapi’og states, you are going to speak to someone that can make me strong, strong enough to eviscerate OtO. I’m going to go get that strength.

He will listen to orders, and help with the defenses, along with the other gogs he brought.

When he gets his turn to make his wish, it will be to send everyone back to refuge with there personal items only making sure that he knows it is only the stuff on there person, from the point right before they Djinni started granting wishes to there homes with there respective tribes as gogs. And as payment, he would offer the reaction of one lalder to the granting of this wish, as he will most likely be upset. If the Djinni needs a place to stay, Rapi’og states that Uhryu Bill would happily arrange a place to stay, with another impartial tribe for him.

Urog hated the idea of another journey to far off places with who-knows-what true purpose. But the UTR were his allies, and he’d heed the call. He sent Jhonhi (elder), big fist small feet, dreggs (tribals), and Drazz (kolgul recruit)

They’d take hob’tor weapons (2 for each), chill bolt axes, Hobyi of the Yagogi: PURIFY AIR, PURIFY WATER, EXTINGUISH FLAME SOOTHING WORD and HEAL WOUND (3), Fang Ward of the Auf Lal’al: Grounding Ward at 3 successes on any area the fang is stuck in (size of ward narrator discretion); Yadol shell Armor plate of the Auf Lal’al: +1 A.R. Vs Melee & Missile (Can also be used against called shots to chest). When taken off and placed on the ground it is Artificed with Igloo, Comfortable Aura, Conceal Object, Translate (3). It will create a hospital “tent” in the form of an igloo with a controlled environment. Wt:1; Kolgul Skull mask of the Auf Lal’al: Easy Breathing, Purify Air (3). urya for the tribals, loktortaya for the elders, shinefox combat drugs for all 4, if needed. Jhoni was wearing armorfield vest, drazz and dreggs armorfiend cloaks, big feet was wearing the yaldol shell

Jhohni - M, Adept, gen lvl 1, summoning - elder
Drazz - F, speaks Earther, Shadow lvl 3, Fire lvl 3, gen lvl 1 - kolgol recruit
Big Fist Small Feet - M, Summon 1, Heal 1 - tribal
Dreggs - F, Summon 1, Heal 1 - tribal

Maelstrom
Grounding ward, the hobyi of yagogi, use troubadour to calm the troops. Jhonhi would summon lesser creature to take the hit as they made their way through, assisted by the tribals.

Storm Lords
Offer Hob’tor spear for each of them

Divers - follow Lalder’s and Lurtor’s lead

Djinni - Ask for nothing. “Last time we did this, one of our own got stuck doing doing real work. We don’t want none of that. We’re here for the ride, and because of friendship. All we want is a safe trip home.” Sing them a song, for giggles, speaking of Urog’s heroism in the face of certain defeat at Thomasville.

When in doubt, follow Lalder. It’s his show.

(OCC Disclaimer: Kolgol already told me that he had to post late, and that he requested permission from the Narrator. I’m not posting to end the thread, just to get my last post response in before the deadline.)

General Issue:
(OCC Lalder Kicked Bill and his tribesmen out of his lands and missions due to Bills insults. I had prepped that message last week, though I did rewrite it to make it stronger after Bills response today. But since this would seem like meta gaming on my part, I will let the narrator decide this and I will respond as if his tribesmen was on the mission. My take is Lalder would not let anyone from Bill’s tribe on the mission due to the insults of their elder. )

Missing from Story:
The talk and story of the building of Farms. And of Gogs exchanging knowledge.

Djinni response to Rapi’og’s request:
As an Elder and having thousands of years of practice, Lalder learned long ago not to give away too much in his face, but his eyes were burning at this traitor who is trying sabotage all they have worked for. And if his words were right and executed this way, also could cost his ally their Explorer ship. Rapi’og deserves whatever he gets for this pretense of being a friend.

Rapi’og forgot a few things. The immutables can’t be moved by the Djinni and to teleport, you need shadow leyas. And then this Smiling fool thinks he’s clever, but forgets who’s standing next to him. Lurtor.

If the Djinni try to execute Rapi’og request
Lalder would hope the immutables and his lack of response would stop this betrayal. Also Lalder expected the Djinni not to go back on already done deals or wishes. But if it didn’t, Lalder will signal Lurtor.

Lurtor steps up, using troubadour to pocket his combat knife (Shield Break 6 Successes) and says “Before that, I would like a request, one that I am forced to make. I request that you ignore Rapi’og request. And as payment we will give Rapi’og to you to do as he wish. Use him as you like, for whatever entertains you, except Fighting one of us. From his actions, he is trying to steal Kolgol’s ship and anything we have traded for. He should not go back with us. ”

Lurtor will have his knife ready if Rapi’og tries to attack anyone else, or kill himself. Lurtor will pour a rez potion on him if he tries to kill himself in hopes of being raised by Bill. That way he knows the next time he dies, it maybe for good.

Lurtor’s original thought was to just Kill Rapi’og as payment for the Djinni to ignore his request. But his father would not like to slaughter this gog like a pig. And he didn’t want the lectures later.

If things End OK with the Djinni:
Lalder says to the Djinni “thank you for your time. And If you wish to talk or meet in the future, use this crystal. “ Lalder will hand the Djinni a comm crystal.

If the Djinni don’t try to execute Rapi’og request.
Then as they are getting ready to leave.
Lalder will say to Kolgol “This is up to you, but I say we leave Rapi’og here. He has shown himself a traitor and may try to ruin our chances of making it home now that his chance to stop us failed.

The other option is we throw him from the ship in the maelstrom to the divers. If neither option works, tie him up and knock him out. I will leave the final decision up to you as it is your ship that was almost lost.”

Kolgol was slightly nervous, as he had every right to be. Dominic was late, and he could tell the crowd of people wondering where the ship was were getting impatient. His eyes scanned the horizon, seeking the vessel which he certainly hoped was on the way. Finally, finally he caught sight of it, sleek, fast, everything Kolgol had hoped for. At the helm stood Squire Dominic, beaming with pride as he navigated the ship down for a landing. Kolgol couldn’t help but smile at the ship and its captain. In addition to what it had come with, He’d had it equipped with the 10 magi cannons they’d been given in a previous mission. These were mounted on the rails fore and aft. They would be usable by the crew or anyone who knew how to use them. Stocks of food, water, and most importantly, copious amounts of alcohol, had been taken on at Mt. Rhug, in addition to 10 crew members to man the ship.

Kolgol boarded, gesturing for his allies to come and board the ship. Two imps stood on the deck, holding obsidian trays laden with food and drink. Kolgol figured he may as well undergo the trip in style. He cordially greeted each ally as they boarded, the crew at attention in bone mail armor, complete with emblazoned tabards displaying a black hand on a red field, and saluting the newcomers. All were welcomed on lavishly, but Kolgol froze when he saw Rapi’gog and his gogs. They weren’t not invited, but he had assumed they wouldn’t come judging by the fierce argument previously. However, he bowed gracefully, and let them board to their quarters. The ship itself would then set out for the land of the djinni through the created portal, ready to serve its purpose.

Kolgol would allow Lalder to do most of the initial talking, remaining near, but quiet. When the time came to fight off the maelstrom divers, his crew would man the magi cannons, and would allow others to use them, set on chill setting, to hopefully drive off the divers. Kolgol would begin flinging fireballs at the divers, trying to either knock them down or distract them from the ship. He’d have chill shields placed on himself and the crew to ensure their safety, but no resurrection would be permitted.

When they reached the lands of the djinni, he would allow Lalder to go first, out of respect, and then would ask his own question. He would ask for knowledge, for the skill to make use of better golemancy. He sought a way to command more automatons with less energy, for a way to not have to use so much energy. (Charisma is typically the stat for controlling minions, but he is looking for something to make them more like machines and less like summoned spirits, like a control rod of some sort, or at least knowledge of a way.)

He would offer as recompense, the tale of how he came to be Kalok’s prophet, and of the tenets of the Children of Kalok. He would regale the djinni with how he had appeared in a dream to Kolgol and stated his divine purpose, and how he must serve the God of Eternal Fire loyally and with great ardency.

As to the dispute with Rapi’gog, Kolgol would remain neutral, and would not intervene either way. However, if Rapi’gog makes the wish he plans, depending on the outcome, he will either be left to Lalder’s whims, or marooned with the storm lords.