Goblin Lands Diplomatic Mission Week 12: Mag Buskt's Shaken Faith in Prophecy

The Great Old Mag Buskt has failed in his mission against the Warmonger. Others succeeded but he blames himself. He did not live up to the prophecies of his ancestors and this had hurt him deeply.

Now there is a significant opportunity to turn the Mag Buskt to the side of UtR, or another faction.

Challenges:

1- What do you say to the Mag Buskt to turn him to your side?

2- Do you say anything to turn him against another faction?

3- What incentives do you offer him to bring his strength to your side or against another side?

Mission Rules
First player to post gets a repost when all other players have finished posting to the mission in response to all other actions.
All other players may only make 1 posting.
Other players may only act as if they have seen the action of the first player who posts.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

Special Challenges: Mag Buskt cannot be intimidated, frightened or scared.

Open to all tribes

Open to all characters.

If you would like to talk to mag buskt before making a final declaration come here.

This mission ends on Friday 23th August at 8.PM. E.S.T.

“Why are you so upset? If the prophies did not come true this time, this can only mean that Warmonger is not defeated, and he will be coming back. Come help the tribes to prepare for his armies. You are the only one who has fought against his armies, and your aid will be appreciated in whatever assistance you could give” Says Bill

Auf Lalder says to Mag Buskt “I do not believe one city lost, means you failed. This is all just starting I’m afraid and its too early to call it done. I believe your part in this is just starting. As for prophecies, they would have accounted for your time asleep and how you would wake into their predictions. So our challenges today are part of your predicted path.

But we do need your help. We have very little left from the old days, even us Old gogs have forgotten in favor of trying to protect the few that are left. We have formed the UtT to get the Olgog tribes to work together and stop the infighting. But this is only a step. We need to bring in more Olgogs and tribes.

I believe you as a general and/or an advisor to the UtR Army, and the UtR council. In this, you could help lead us against the warmonger in the best ways possible and build the Olgog nation into what it should be. A strong Olgog nation could also stop the battles with the Church as well and allow us to improve the lives of Olgogs in general. In this you could further build that Legacy of the Mag Buskt tribe.

After this, either way you decide, I will request or have the UtR Council request to Kolgol to return your Ur Rhug that we took prisoners back to you. This will take a vote or Kolgol’s agreement. I see you do not mean the harm we thought after the attacks on Tla’loc’al. I’m afraid your champion will have to complete his punishment before he is allowed to be freed. But I know they are trying to heal his mind and not harm him further.

Think on my offer, we could use your help and knowledge."

Yagogi’al sat amongst the other elder chieftains, and it had become apparent that this was their moment: the leaders would need to work together to convince Mag Buskt to guide them in the ways of the past to achieve a new future. Maybe this would explain the omen of coming across Azrael the all-knowing in the lands of Karov.

"Mag Buskt, you tell of grand prophecies without a timeline which all gathered would like to believe in. There is nothing that has been written in stone and it is ours for the making. Under your guidance of the elder ways, the United Tribes of Refuge are becoming a concrete foundation and the Olgog people are making a statement. Auf Lalder is correct, you have a firm place within the United Tribes. It has been an honor learning from and building a relationship with you. You have become an older brother in arms, and I wish for nothing more than myself and my tribe to fight alongside you when the times comes.

It is true that your champion, Olgog the Olgog is preoccupied repaying his debt to the Olgog people. If it would please you, I would present a substitution champion offering one of my juvenile gor’ab for the time being. This would represent a bond between our tribes. Oddly enough, we currently share something else; as you carry my blade and I carry yours. I have stated that I will raise no weapon to you, I now state that I will fight alongside you with this bond we share. I hope that you can see the irony of having an elder gor’ab on your side, and breaking some of the ways of old to forge anew. When the battle comes, wherever you go, I and mine will follow."

Vektor, after having spoken to the Mag Buskt and hearing him lament, couldn’t stand the self-pity this immensely strong being possessed. While this creature may have much more legitimate claims to glory, it’s a tried and true story of a great number of gang leaders in Brez. Vektor, sadly, had little patience for the matter. He wanted to go home, get laid, smoke, and was eager to catch up with the rest of the gang. Of course, he wasn’t … stupid enough to push the matter too hard.

He said, betraying no emotion, “Great and mighty Mag Buskt, I can’t imagine the burden of destiny that weighs on your shoulders. I can’t pretend to know, understand, or even sympathize. In Brez, olgog don’t have destinies. Either we live, we serve, or we die. Your knowledge is vastly greater than ours, as is your strength. It sounds like you’re meant to be a hero … and defeat the MagMag Gor. It looks like today wasn’t that day. It happens. Heroes don’t always get to be heroes. It doesn’t make you useless or a failure.” He looks around, gesticulating broadly, “Is this the Der’al that you left when you slumbered? I can’t imagine what we were like back then as we were able to unite and defeat the Yyan Gor. But today we are different. We an use all the help we can get. And today is pivotal, because I don’t believe your awakening was an accident.”

Vektor took a breath for dramatic effect and continued emphatically, “The olgog are uniting again. We are finding more reasons to stand together than apart. We are learning from each other in ways that we have not done in centuries. We want to build together, work together, and stand together. And just as we do that, you come to us. You have much to offer us: you can teach us the things we need to defeat the MagMag Gor. You can be our greatest champion to the united tribes. Heck, you can even choose to sit among us, as a brother, and remember what it’s like to be alive. Whatever you do, do not dwell on what could have been… for it may well lead to our ruination.”

He changes tone and looks at the Mag Buskt dead in the eye, “The past and and its expectations are memory and they do not serve us today. They do not put maklal in our stomachs, protect against gor, and unify the olgog. What you do with yourself is your choice, but you can shape your destiny today so that you or your line can take their course tomorrow." Vektor takes a breath before continuing, taking a less serious tone, "You will have many invitations … I can’t tell you what to choose, I can only offer mine. No better, no worse than others. If you choose to rejoin the world until you can fulfill your destiny, you can live among us in Brez. If you prefer another tribe, we can bring you to the tribal council so that you may make your desired residence known. We will listen, and work with you, but only if you choose to be our brother. Sitting among us, not above or below. As brothers, we can help find or redefine your destiny… may it empower us all to live better lives. You have an invitation: to teach us how to better protect ourselves, teach us wisdom, and ensure that we do not fall into the ways of the MagMag Gor. You can help us remain undivided, not conquered by one tribe or another. So come and be among us, the united tribes, and let us forge a new destiny together!”