Goblin Lands Diplomatic Mission Week 11: The Gifts of Steel

From the East they came, long wagon trains attached to Mak Hoblok adorned in gold and steel.

At their lead was Forgemaster Hvalik the Opal, called such for the giant natural opal he carved to replace an eye annihilated during the old war. He was older than certain mountains, and leaned heavily on his saddle high above a bull Mak Hoblok. His gold hair and beard was braided into long dreadlocks. His dark craggy skin made him look like he had been carved from stone. His thick lidded eyes looked languidly down at those who had come to barter in the old ways.

He was happy to see the representatives of so many tribes assembled.

“Magur Olgog Der’al,” he greeted them in a mostly forgotten way, “I am the humble Forgemaster Hvalik. I am but a lesser forgemaster of the Falling Star Homeforge. But I am honored to be the servant of Ambassador Palia’yisar. Ambassador?”

Behind him a beautiful but tiny K’iou maiden. She wore layers of mal’ie leather and shining plate armor made from an unknown alloy. ’

"Greetings Olgog representatives, I am Ambassador Palia’yisar and I have heard of nations rising in this area. Do you come before me representing the United Tribes of Refuge, the Lur Union, the Greater Unen Trade Syndicate, the Great Northern Army, the Oasis of AL’ya, or a different group?

I bring with me hundreds of chest plates and hand axes of finest meteoric iron to reward those group most responsible for defeating Warmonger’s servants. Who is the group most responsible for the defeat our ancestral enemy?"

Each representative present must explain the following:

A- Which of the above groups or a third-party group do you support as being most responsible for the success against the armies of Warmonger serving Dead Surgeon Naveed? (must choose one)

B- What do you think of the gift of weapons and armor so soon after the defeat of being who feeds on warfare?

c- How do you think the weapons and armor should be used?

D- How do you address the obvious desire you may or may not have to have a trade agreement with the K’iou Homeforge and its large scale metal production?

UNLIKE OTHER MISSIONS In this one you see all that players say, so make sure to have a fully roleplayed diplomatic mission.

[u]Mission Rules
All players may make unlimited postings to this mission but all must be in character.
[/u]

Special Challenges: Support of the Falling Star Homeforge can be gained but only through compelling discourse and Debate.

SPECIAL RULE THIS MISSION ONLY: ALL MAY SEE (RP with) ALL ACTIONS OF OTHER PLAYERS in this mission.

This mission is open to all Tribes.

No non-tribal characters may post to this mission.

This mission ends on Friday 9 August at 8.PM. E.S.T

Hikiti, Rapiogna and a small group of Uf Mag’og were making their way across the continent when they came across a strange sight for the Brezans: K’iou. At first the group was shocked, but then Ambassador Palia’yisar began speaking. Technically, Rapiogna was the eldest of the group, but Hikiti could not help himself when the K’iou Ambassador finished her speech.

“Hello K’iou Ambassador, I am Hikiti of the Gang of Uf Mag’og of Brez, of the Great Northern Army, of the United Tribes of Refuge. You bring great weapons of war that would have been useful against the grey furs and servants of the MagMag Gor. Any tribe would love to have this store of reshed weapons and armor. But these are tools of war. We have enough reasons to fight, and enough weapons of war. On behalf of the council of tribes called the United Tribes of Refuge, your weapons are useful, but do not present the greatest gift you can offer us. A lot of Tla’loc’al was destroyed attacked by Earther machines beyond… thousands of olgog are dead. We of Brez fight over rubble in the streets. We don’t need your weapons as gifts. We do fine without them. Better on this day you offer your friendship. If you want to gift us anything, gift us knowledge. Help us rebuild what was destroyed. Teach us new things. Leave not your reshed… leave us your compassion, kindess, and kinship. Anything less and we’re no better off than before you came.”

Rapiogna was shocked that Hikiti would speak so forwardly. She didn’t know whether to snap his neck or to hug him.

Hikiti continued, “To answer your question, The Lur Union, The Great Northern Army, The Buskti’s… uhm, I dunno, Mami Rapiog’s folk I think, the Red Furs of Ka’Gor,” he paused, looking to his group for clarity as they chimed in, "the Earther Army… EEF, a unit of grey furs… " everybody stared blankly, not remembering the number because it was too large to count, “well, someone else will tell ya that… and the Church of One of Jamestown, who betrayed us in the end by firing upon us with their war machines once the battle was done.” He paused for a moment with his finger up, “so yeah, that’s it. shower them all with weapons of war if you wish, but that won’t teach us compassion… and it won’t make us better for it.”

An olgog stood up, clapping slowly while walking forward. He turned to the K’iou represenatatives.

"A touching sentiment to be sure. Clearly those of Brez have found a way to settle their problems without warfare, which I find oddly humorous. However, what they say has some truth to it, we in Tla’loc’al have been decimated by our enemies, but not broken. Our spirits still burn hot, and we will not submit to those who would oppress us. Ka’Rhug would put these weapons in the hands of our finest warriors, and would use them in the defense of the living. After all, a warrior must be able to count on the weapon he holds, and where is the finest iron in all of Refuge smelted? Why the renowned Fallen Star Homeforge of course. Tla’loc’al has a standing alliance with the Homeforge, and we ask you to honor it, and allow our warriors to fight with your iron against the forces of Warmonger.

Your gift could not have come at a better time, for our tribe is preparing for an offensive against the dark forces even as we speak, and we are sorely pressed for arms and armor for our gogs to use in combat. As you may have guessed, my tribe is a member of both the Lur Union and is a founding member of the United Tribes of Refuge. However, it is nigh impossible to say who has contributed most to Warmonger’s inevitable defeat. All here come from tribes who know that the enemy we must face at the end of the day is Warmonger. However, those that best understand this concept are members of the United Tribes of Refuge. Those who have joined have accepted the fact that through unification, we can destroy or at least drive back Warmonger. These are the most mature, the bravest, and the most willing to work together and set aside petty differences.

Give the United Tribes these weapons, and you will not have to bear the pain of watching Warmonger’s forces advance across the land, killing, raiding, plundering. These conflicts will reach your lands eventually, and when they do, would you not want your familiar friends to be there, armed with the finest iron to stand in your defense? I ask you this, I implore you, think of your families, your people, those who would be cut down by the horde were not some valiant fighters to step forward to stop them. Put solid iron in our hands, and we will put a stop to Warmonger once and for all."

Auf Lalur’ab says "I am Auf Lalur’ab of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al, the Lur Union, and the United Tribes of Refuge. I am here in front of you as all of them, but most broadly the United Tribes of Refuge.
The Battle with the Warmongers dead was fought with the coordination of many tribes, the Lur Union, GUTS, GNA, and members of the UtR. The members of GUTS, GNA, and the Lur Union are all members of the UtR. We plan together, we fight together, we live together. This has been increasingly going on among the tribes and is the foundation that created the UtR. So then to give credit I would say the UtR. Though we did have some help in addition to that.

We would welcome expanding relations with you. And their is and will be need for allies, trade, and resources with the recent events and events to come. With The warmongers on the move, enhancing the abilities of the tribes to defend themselves, or enhancing our ability to come to the aid of others, will be needed.”

(OCC if we can see others post, I would add this as I’m making a silmar point and don’t want to look like I’m not paying attention :-p, otherwise ignore )

But Hikiti is right too.

(OCC Continue on)

Lalur’ab continues “
We do need to rebuild. With the Laser strikes on Tla’loc’al, our cities needing to be rebuilt, and the warmongers causing destruction, basic building supplies and/or craftsmen would be of great help. For as this nation grows, building will be a high priority.”

“Da Greater Unen Trading Syndicate wish to be heard too.” Babi Yaal said joining the meeting. “Da metal weapons and armor, these things they no good against da forces of warmonger. When we fought da dead outside Thomasville Rapirova she tell me she slash it with her steel cutlass. Da dead just laugh and walk down da blade. Lucky for her another gog death bolted da dead.”

Babi shook his head, “Metal weapons good against da church, good against each other, but they no good against da dead.” He lamented, pausing, “Though they also good against da earth. Da other gogs they need knowledge to rebuild Brez and rebuild Tla’loc’al. They also need tools, we like to open up trade for metal tools to make farming fishing and building easier for all gog.”

Speaking on behalf of tge greater unen trade syndicate, or GUTS, was also one lone gog seemingly dressed as a pirate. A representative of the party boat the Batavian Bat, Iguli was attempting to be polite and await his turn, however after the other GUTS rep made their statement he had to speak.

“I am here as a representative of GUTS, my captain is very busy, however she would like a trade to be open with this group. The prospect of opening trade with weapons and armor after a war caused by weapons created elsewhere and brought here may not be seen with the best of intent” Iguli clears his throat and keeps reading, " However,captan Dol is in need of metals, and steel is a very good one. Ehem, we as the GUTS did the best we could against the dead of this land and their attacks, it is true that we could have done more, everybody could have helped just a bit more. But given new weapons may have been the push in the right direction towards protecting this land." Iguli looks around realizing he is out of note and shifts uncomfortably.

Lady Hob’Lalol mate, Yagogi’al the Og’ab was honored to represent the tribe and receive the guests. This was a touchy situation, because this was another community of the Fallen Star Homeforge, coming to acknowledge the United Tribes of Refuge among other Olgog groups, but the gifts of War only lead to more fighting and the ultimate rise of the Warmonger. The Yagogi, were absolutely interested in making more allies especially those that might be able to aid in getting them more precious zela.

“Greetings Ambassador Palia’yasir and Forgemaster Hvalik. I am called Hob’Lalol of the Venerable Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab. Welcome to the lands known to the Olgog people, and we hope that this is the beginning to a new found friendship that leads to many many more visits. The gifts that you present come at an interesting time, as the forces of Warmonger serving Dead Surgeon Naveed were just held back. The Yagogi, are a member of the United Tribes of Refuge, but unfortunately did little in the fight against the Dead Surgeon. Our tribe was stretched across the lands with hopes of making it to the battle, but the United Tribes did show up to help deter the attack against Jamesville. I am not completely sure of the contributions of the various olgog groups and who would be considered most responsible for the success. For our tribe, we have interest in what you know about zela and the possibilities of finding more and how to possibly use more. We would love the opportunity of working alongside your homeforge in producing anything, and working together, homeforge and tribe. We have been told of the tales of Warmonger, and how more fighting leads to the entity accruing more power. The gifts you present would inevitably lead to more fighting. What the Olgog people are in need for is metals used for new construction materials, and there are lots of areas that need to be rebuilt after recent attacks, this goes towards assisting Olgog and Earther people alike. Your gifts speak of great craftsmanship and the hard work of your people, we would like nothing more than to have a wonderfully relationship but we are unable toe receive these gifts in their current form.”