Goblin Lands Diplomatic Mission Week 10: Fortress Hob Rhug Dol & Al'ya Oasis

From the depths of the deep deserts west of Port Unen has risen an unexpected stone fortress of Olgog design. On the ancestral lands of those of the bloodline of Protodoxa the Shatterer, there once stood a small but plentiful oasis.

Now there stands a fortress ruled by a here-before unknown Council of Olgogs representing over four hundred tribals. These tribes are separated into an inner circle of Eight tribes and eight vassal tribes who have joined their fortress. The vassal tribes assist in the defense and gain the protection of the sturdy walls of the fortress and access to the water Reservoir which has storage chambers and brings water throughout the entire structure using a network of brilliantly designed stone aqueducts.

This total of eighteen different tribes ranging from the Brezan gangs of the militant King Og-gog the Terrifying and King Kitty Mace-Fist, to the Airship pirates of Captain Kol Rapi the Cunning and the Pirates of Captain Gor-Tor-Lur from Unen, to the chivalrous Mag’ol Mag’Dol of the Shattered Sun, and the Gor’ab tribe of Auf Uf from Karov, to even stranger members including the Pit Mongrels of the Pack of Gor’na and the Ur-King Tribal Armies of General Kol’og, General Gol’og and General Kamo’Tla just to name a few.

Their fortress has already repelled a Church of One Crusade of one thousand paladins and is rumored to be guarded by both a giant armored Kuelo monkey, and an underground nightmare that is over a mile long and eats anything that dares the sands above it. They have a lean fleet of airships, both large and small.

As your messenger approached this massive keep members of the inner council stand high above in a window and can barely be seen with normal eyes. The large wooden doors in front of your messenger are huge. Before they knock a voice calls down,

“Welcome to the Council of the Oasis of Al’ya and our Fortress Hob Rhug Dol. State your business and your desires and what brought you across the deadly desert to this place,” the voice said, “We do not take kindly to those who would try and take this oasis. We have turned this valley into a reservoir for the sixteen tribes who will stand firm here against any force that challenges our right to survive here. We have already wiped out an entire Church of One Crusade without any aide from you or those you represent. What does your presence here represent?”

Mission Instructions:
Your post should include

1. How you portray your tribe? (what is meaningful to your tribe as your messenger sees it)

2. What do you want from this settlement? (alliance, war, trade, “join my faction”)

3. there are rumors that deserters from Thomasville siege also have joined up to the Council of Al’ya, do you address that matter? if so how do you address it?

Here are the names of the Council Members of Al’ya and the commanders of the Fortress of Hob Rhug Dol
They are equal in rank

King Kitty - A Brezan, her birth name is Lok Rapi but she never introduces herself this way. She is an eight foot tall intimidating olgog militant who proudly calls herself a King. She is known to have four Members of the Gang of the Hateful Word as her honor guard. Some have called her Kitty Mace-Fist because of the unique way she fights with her mace in battle. She keeps her own counsel.
Of the Bloodline of Protodoxa the Shatterer. Was instrumental in naming the Oasis of AL’ya

Auf Uf - A Karovian, a precise and deadly Gor’ab, he is known for having slain many a Red Bishop and Bruskti Pirate on his sword. He only executes those deserving of it. He usually defers to support Mag’Ol Mag’Dol in council meetings. Of the Bloodline of Protodoxa the Shatterer. Was instrumental in naming the Oasis of AL’ya

Captain Kol Rapi the Cunning - An Unen Airship Pirate and master tactician, he is known for restraint in his actions and a critical eye towards the plans of his fellow Council members. He often leads the fortress’ airship raids on the Church of One zealots. Of the Bloodline of Protodoxa the Shatterer.

Mak’ab Hob Dol - A Karovian, a still and sensible hunter, he is known for having found food in even the worst climates. He was a large supporter of repopulating the herd animals that once migrated across the desert. He usually defers to support Mag’Ol Mag’Dol in council meetings. Of the Bloodline of Protodoxa the Shatterer. Was instrumental in naming the Oasis of AL’ya

Mag Ka’ab the Master Hunter - A Karovian who came north to join the Army of Gul’al and her crusade to drive out the Earthers, he was seperated from the Army during the Siege of Thomasville and stumbled upon the settlement at the Oasis of Al’ya. This Mak’ab was one of the masterminds behind the fortress of Hob Rhug Dol. He is known for his dislike of Armorfiends, and his desire to add a ninth council member who might break the ties between the council members.

Mag’Ol Mag’Dol of the Shattered Sun - A Karovian who once lead a vanguard army supported by Brezans Gangers and Unen Pirates towards Thomasville to help end the siege in the favor of the Olgogs. He was disappointed that some of the Brezans at Thomasville broke ranks (though proudly his Brezan ranks did not) and he and his subcommanders had to escape to the south when they left the siege despondent. He was elected to the council by the Gor’ab Tribes.

Gol’ab the Master Hunter - A Karovian Mak’ab who also came north to join the Army of Gul’al and her crusade to drive out the Earthers, he was seperated from the Army during the Siege of Thomasville and stumbled upon the settlement at the Oasis of Al’ya. This Mak’ab was one of the masterminds behind the fortress of Hob Rhug Dol. He is known for his support of further building up and expanding the fortress and its defenses despite its already massive size.

General Kol’og - An Ur-King Tribal who came north to join the Army of Gul’al and her crusade to drive out the Earthers, he was seperated from the Army during the Siege of Thomasville and stumbled upon the settlement at the Oasis of Al’ya. This General was one of the masterminds behind the fortress of Hob Rhug Dol. He is known for having been instrumental in the creation of the water storage and aqueduct systems. He is also known for winning his council seat in an honor duel against the Brezan Yyankuelo Rider,
King Og-gog the Terrifying. .

Mission Rules
First player to post gets a repost when all other players have finished posting to the mission in response to all other actions.
All other players may only make 1 posting.
Other players may only act as if they have seen the action of the first player who posts.
All other actions will be compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

Special Challenges: No Combat is allowed in this mission. It is a diplomatic mission to see if you can swing the newely formed Council of Al’ya onto the side of your tribe or your faction.

This mission takes place near Unen, south of Drewsport.

Open to all tribes

Any player who was involved in the Connecticon Live events and is playing that character here may act as if he or she has seen the postings of all other players.

Only Agent Brooke, Field Marshall Strykker, the bladed sun, Kincaid, Azrael, Daemonsbane, Lord Roan Desdaemon, Grim, and Phantoms may post to this mission as nontribal players.

To discourse about what this new fortress city might represent here is a thread in the diplomatic tent open to all.

For any new players who are in the keep we have opened this new thread In the Council Chambers of the new nation of Al’ya.

This mission ends on Friday 26th July at 8.PM. E.S.T.

Vektor found himself, once again, making the long trek out to Unen. Thankfully, he was able to ride out with the entirety of his Gang of the Op-u-lint, as well as a few other elders and ur rhug from the siege of Thomasville. Urog would have loved to come himself, but he had the the entire nation of Brez to win over. This smaller, more intimate setting, was right up Vektor’s alley.

He nodded to the council, "Council, my name is Vektor, and I represent the Great Northern Army and the Gang of the Uf Mag’og. We serve the Goblin King Urog. Goblin King Urog, who rules over Simonsburg, a town of Earthers and Olgog living together in peace. Goblin King Urog, who helped defend the Great 'Uf, and ensured it remained a landmark faithful to our kind, even when the Earthers sent their war machines to destroy it. Goblin King Urog, who rode through the desert to gather the armies Great Northern Army to ride to Thomasville. Goblin King Urog, who withstood the constant attacks on our army, and then flattened the city’s walls. And now, the Goblin King Urog, who currently stands before Brez, ready to unite it and stand with the other Olgog tribes together.

So why does the Great Goblin King Urog send me across the desert to see you all? Two reasons. 1) The Great Northern Army is a bunch of gangs, clans, and tribes who don’t want to be bullied anymore. We’ve worked with others who have the same vision. I see before me a unified group of Olgog who are coming together. I am here to see if we have common goals… to work together to ensure our protection and freedom from Earthers and others who wish to enslave us, like the MagMagGor and its armies of evil grey furs. The Great Northern Army fights alongside those who wish to protect our kind from these evils. Trade, mutual protection, and prosperity come along with such cooperation. There are many unions among the olgog, and the better we stand together, the better a chance we have of not falling into trivial squabbles that will hamper our efforts. So that’s reason 1. 2) I have heard rumors that there are deserters from the Great Northern Army. I come here to tell you all of our victory, despite your desertion. I come here to remind you all that the Great Northern Army remains strong, even if you left. We are not disheartened, and we remain dedicated to our cause. I have come to see for myself what you ran to, what became of you, and to see where you all stand.

So the Great Northern Army extends its hand, if you are willing to extend yours. May our groups work together, to repel all gor, and bring the olgog together."

Lalog’na ((Auf) LR:4, Heal:4, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:3, Earth:3, Fire:3, Water:3, General:2, Shape:0, Summ:0, Troub:0)

A Lur Union fighter lands near the front of the fortress and an Aufgog steps off the back.
Auf Lalog’na steps out and approaches the gate.

Auf Lalog’na listens to the statement and says “I am Auf Lalog’na of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al, the Lur Union, and of the United tribes of Refuge. I request to talk to your leaders.”

If granted or not, she will continue “I am Auf Lalog’na of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al, the Lur Union, and of the United tribes of Refuge. As a member of the Herd of Auf Lal’al. I am a diplomat, our tribe works to bring as many tribes together as possible.

Today I am also here to I invite you to talk to the United Tribes of Refuge council. To see where we can work together.

Let me describe as best as I can the United tribes of Refuge. We are working on creating an Olgog nation. But this is not a nation with a king. The major power is in the tribes and the regions. There is no taxes, there is no gogs from a far trying to rule or take your lands. The price of membership is helping to defend the nation and member tribes. When dealing with outside lands, then the Council of the United tribes of Refuge would be involved. This allows us Olgogs to show a strong united front to the Earthers.

What does this bring you? Allies. We are recognized and assisted by the Ancient Sylvans. Soon we will have the recognition of the Colonies. With this recognition the Lost Colonies will aid in our defence. Especially from the Church of One. We also bring the additional knowledge of Leyas and farming. The goal here is remove some of the reasons we gog fight, like Food and water.

There is a big evil going through the lands right now. The warmongers dead is on the march. They have attacked Thomasville. We defeated them there. But they will continue to attack until they are defeated.

So I offer the invite again, talk and work with us and we can make Olgogs safer for generations.

Dead warrior Id found herself on a long walk. When she reached the council she waited her turn to speak to them privately. She began, “We dead have little to offer you. Our Unit hasn’t tried to gain wealth or power the way the other tribes have. We have one simple purpose. We are this realms last line of defense.”

We ask nothing of you, we have nothing to trade, obviously many find us detestable and any alliance with us would bring you nothing but pain. I came with words of warning. The other tribes have tongues like honey and sharpened bone knives behind their backs. They will offer you everything and act like they have the best intentions but truly they are pushing their own agenda and will use you like pawns."

She would ask permission to leave and then wish the council luck in securing their place in these harsh lands.

From the south came a distant booming, the sounds of massive footsteps. On the horizon massive forms could be seen marching towards city-fortress of Hob Rhug. On the largest of the forms was perched an olgog, none other than Eru’Khaz, commander of the Obsidian Legion. Behind the towering servants of Kalok marched a score of Ur’Tor, each pulling carts laden with supplies. Stone, wood, obsidian, meat, and such were piled in abundance in them. These were some of the forces of Ka’Rhug, an envoy sent to this new mighty citadel.

As they came closer, the massive forms could be seen to be three Balgogs, if any there yet knew of them, and they strode blazing with fiery heat in the noonday sun. The Ur’Tor behind them sang out in harmony the traditional songs of Ka’Rhug, of times long since past. Once the walls were within reach, Eru’Khaz would leap down, levitating himself to the sand. With a flourish of his fine nightmare hide cloak, he would call out with a deep exotic voice,

“Hail proud citadel of Hob Rhug. I am Eru’Khaz, leader of the Black legion of Ka’Rhug. We have come to your auspicious city to show you what can be accomplished by befriending our tribe. We of Ka’Rhug value strength and honor, and above all, might on the field of battle. Whether you fight with blade, gun, leyas, or other, if you can fight, we will take you. This has been the creed of our tribe for many years. To us nothing is more glorious than the thrill of victory, the shame of your enemies as they flee from you. However, as you can see, we also pride ourselves on our industrial strength. After all, a soldier must be able to count on his equipment, on the walls he defends, on the theory behind his actions. For this reason we bring these,”

He gestures to the raw materials contained in the carts. The Ur’Tor bring them forward, revealing the resources to any who witness the scene.

“I call on you now, to ally with us in these hard times. Dark things come from the south, and in these times there would be no better ally than us. Look upon these creations.”

He displays the constructs with a wave of his hand, allowing a full view of the beings.

“We call them Balgogs, the latest in our technology. It is through our alliance with the tribe of Ol’lur that these mighty warriors are even possible, we have seen with our own eyes that through working together, astounding things can be accomplished. We belong to the Lur Union, and furthermore have helped to pioneer the organization that we have dubbed the United Tribes of Refuge. We ask you to seek your masters inside and tell them of these things. We offer these resources as a gift our goodwill to your burgeoning fortress. May you use them well.”

With deep bow, he would turn and levitate back onto Umbra and lead the army either south back to the mountain, or inside the walls depending on how those inside reacted.

Makka’na in her bright shining plate armor would arrive at Hob Rhug Dol and say,

"I am the messenger from the Tribe of Ka Gor. I am here to tell you that the Ka Gor and our eternal Ka Gor’na wish a peace treaty with the AL’ya. We will not raid your lands, and we will in turn not be raided by you.

The Ka Gor tribe worships an old way, long handed down. We have traditions and laws and our gods who keep us safe. We only seek peace with great tribes like yours and an end to the Warmonger’s Dead who attack us regularly.

If you need a way to get rid of criminals and undesirables, please send them to us. Our Eternal Ka Gor’na will re-educate your criminals and help them ascend into greatness so they may help your society instead of burdening it.

Welcome to these lands. I am proud to stand before you and await your answer. "

Iguli arrived at the oasis carrying an official letter of hopeful alliance. He was nervous because this was the first really important mission that he had been sent on. As a member of the Batavian Bat party ship, he knows that it may open a few doors that would be closed to pirates. Iguli was dressed in his best clothes, this is a diplomatic mission. Iguli was also sent with two other crewmen wheeling a barrel behind them filled with the best ale that the bat offers.

Within the note:

Hello and welcome, My name is Dol Kuglock. I am the owner of the party ship that sails the seas bringing cheer and happiness to as many gogs as possible. We do not want another war, or more enemies. As a business we are hoping to gain allies. To that effect, m6y messenger has been told to gift your gogs with a barrel of our best ale. I hope to receive a confirming letter in response by my crewman.

Thank you for your time,
Dol Kug’lock

Zhya Gog’mis, the elder Mag’ol made the trek through the deserts of Karov to the Al’ya Oasis. With hims came some of the tribals, including Ol’Yyangog and Zh’gul Took as well as the juvenile gor’ab Sa’na Ol. They all came voluntarily, acting as the Mag’ol’s honor guard. So after some time of travel, they crest the final dune that lead the group into the oasis. Upon reaching the gates of the grand miraculous fortress, the elder calls, “I am Zhya Gog’mis, an elder olgog from the line of those that ruled before the children of the Falosini took over Refuge. I am of the Venerable Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab, a brave and honored gor’ab. We wish a hearing with the Council of the Oasis of Al’ya.”

Upon entering, the honor guard will wait along the wall allowing Zhya Gog’mis to respectfully approach on his own. Before anything, the Mag’ol will bow low, and begins speaking from this position. He says, “I and the Gor’ab that I represent thank you for granting me this audience. We are one of the nomadic Karovian tribes and Yagogi’al has been leading the tribe to safety and survival for a long time. We have great appreciation for yous fortress, acting as a support structure to some many and finally providing a stable home for those of Karov. I have heard great tales of both honored members Auf Uf and Mag’Ol Mag’Dol. It is also a privilege seeing Mak’abs serving on your council, as well as protection of others of the gor’ab.” Zhya Gog’mis will tip his head to Auf Uf, Mag’Dol, Mag Ka’ab, Gol’ab and the strange other gor’ab with a Church of One weapon slung over his shoulder. “To the others, King Kitty,Captian Kol Rapi and General Kol’og I look forward to getting to know you and what you represent.” Now raising, the elder starts back up saying “Our Tribe, the Yagogi have been present in the council meetings on distant shores with the remains of Zh Sylvan Empire. We wish for an independent Olgog Nation, and there are many other tribes that wish this, but currently the concept is not yet concrete. The idea has been spreading, but it is currently going by several different names along the lines of UtR. I, in all honesty have not had much to do with the meetings but believe that we are trying to accomplish the same thing that you have at the Fortress of Hob Rhug Dol; it is just what we want is on a global level. We want more than to be just another piece of the Colonies, and this is our time to act. We wish the Fortress of Hob Rhug Dol the best of luck and continued success. For if success can come here, there is great hope for an Olgog Unified Nation. Please feel free to stay in contact, and know the Yagogi are over in Karov if there is anything you need. Once again, thank you for the audience.” Zhya Gog’mis finishes his speech; he will stay to introduce the honor guard members of his own tribe, answer any questions and learn more about members of the coucil of Al’ya.

Vektor saw all those who came after him, and smiled. The Grey fur was trying to sow the seeds of dissension. Interesting. He would keep that in mind for the future.

“I thank this group for showing us hospitality. As you see, many of our kind have come to offer friendship and kinship. But let’s be honest, that’s the way of things. You get a union of olgogs together, and folk start to pay attention to you. We were a humble gang until we create the Great Northern Army, and now we are strong… and with many allies. So again, as I depart, I congratulate you all. I hope this union of yours is and remains strong. We can do with strength against those who seek our doom. We of Brez respect strength, and we do not offer our hand of friendship lightly. I hope you accept it as we seek greater cooperation among the olgog. May our combined strength and might make our gor kneel beneath us instead of harry us endlessly. For too long we have remained divided. Your emissaries have an open invitation to us in the Great Army in the North. May we meet again and speak of commonalities that would bring us closer together, find common gor, and bring glory to the olgog.”

He would bow, and when the conversation was officially over, he would leave.