Goblin Lands Crusade Mission Week 12: The Hob Tor Mine Robbery

The Hob Tor Mine has seen record production levels over the last few months. The mine workers speak of stranger and stranger dreams, but no other negative side effects have been discovered. Then during a shift change, the mine workers all fell asleep mid-walk. Their bodies were piled outside the mine, without any harm.

When they awoke they reported back, that a Dead Olgog Mystic had claimed the mine with a small group of raiders. Attempts so far to reclaim the mine have failed. All beings, living and undead have fallen comatose when entering the mine. Experimentation over the past three days shows that only three tribals at a time of any blood-line or affiliation could enter the mine without effect.

As a result the GNA has placed a high bounty of 1 gold bar on the cleansing of the mine.

Raga the Dead is using the stone for some horrific experiment on kidnapped Olgog slavers.

Challenges:

1- Who do you send in?

2- How do you counter the 10 Raiders and 10 Vandals?

3- How do you defeat Raga the Dead?

Mission Rules
First player to post gets a repost when all other players have finished posting to the mission in response to all other actions.
All other players may only make 1 posting.
Other players may only act as if they have seen the action of the first player who posts.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

Special Challenges: 10 Goblin Raiders, 10 Goblin Vandals. Raga the Dead (use standard Dead Olgog stats, but FS 6, 4 attacks, Possession and Hellguns special trainings)

Walls of Pikes, and pit traps.

Open to all tribes

Open to all characters, those players with both a tribe AND a merc must choose either their merc OR their tribe to take part in this mission. All tribes are limited to 3 Standard Tribals.

Lord grimaldus cannot post to this mission.

Come here to discuss the attack on the Mine

This mission ends on Friday 23th August at 8.PM. E.S.T.

Daron though to himself, taking out this many by myself won’t be easy. Hopefully others will join. But he said he would recover the cave, and that he would do. He prefered not to kill the vandals or Raiders if possible, but as a soldier he had no problem doing so. It was just a preference. He then heads to find his way in.

Shields:
Life shield (item), Warm Aura (Item), Wilderness Camo (Item), obscure (Item), and ignore poison (Self), and Animal Sight.

Tatics
Daron will use his full form, minus wings. He will use his animal sight (See in the dark) and senses of hearing and smell to locate and sneak up on any enemy Olgog. He would heal any other Olgog working to clear the caves. The more the merrier.

Daron will first try to
[ul]
[li]Daron will use his vorpal claws to dig a way into the cave while avoiding the entrance. He will ask one of the gogs who worked there for the best location where the least amount of digging would be required.[/li][/ul]
If that doesn’t work, he will:

[ul]
[li]Daron will enter the cave through the entrance. Any Guards, he would put to sleep using Healing leyas.[/li][/ul]

Any Guards, he would put to sleep using Healing leyas. Also he will use his shock stick to clobber any raiders or vandals he comes across in a one on one fight. Hoping to keep it quiet.
If he manages to sneak up on a group of Vandals and Raiders, he would stink cone in the cave in the front, and then either acid cone or his light leyas artificed razor claw gauntlets if he thinks he can keep it quieter with the claws.

Traps:

Daron will use his shock stick to check for Pit traps. If he falls in one, or notices one, he’ll use his acid breath to take out any spikes at the bottom. If he falls, he will use his claws on the wall to stop himself. If wide enough, he’ll use his wings.

For any Wall of Pikes, he will use his vorpal claws to cut through quietly if possible. Otherwise, he’ll use his acid breath.

Raga the Dead:
Daron hoped he could get the drop on Raga, as he didn’t want an extended fight with him. Daron concentrates to increase his reaction times (Cat like reflexes), then from behind cover, Daron will activate Ray of the sun aimed at Raga. Then will use his fire and acid breath to attack the undead. Trying to stay behind cover to avoid the hell guns. He figured with his Jacket, armor, and life shield, he should be able to take a hit, but he didn’t want to take 2 hits. If forced into hand to hand, he would use his Light leyas artificed razor gauntlets.

If hit, Daron will get behind cover and then will reset his life shield (item) and heal any injuries (Item). He can use the leyas abilities too, but the items are quicker.

Equipment:
Daron (Borvian Dragon, LR3, Healing 3, General 2, Shapeshifting 3) equiped with Razor Claw Guantlets (artificed with Ray of the Sun), Nightmare Hide Trenchcoat (artificed with Wilderness Camo), 2 Ear Rings (1st Life Shield/Obscure, 2nd Heal Internal 2 Succ), Warm aura necklace, Everlasting Waterskin and a shock stick (Pain dmg).

Three Ur’Tor approached the entrance to the mine. They were well armed, wearing bone and leather plate complete with helms. The two standing to the side were standard other than that, but the one at the lead of the group was anything but normal. He carried a sylvan fear tongue lance, and had a crazed look in his eye. He was Ka’zac, and he wanted nothing more than to kill something at the moment. His orders were to attack with no mercy, and to make use of any allies to assist with this goal. This he would gladly do, although he was not completely without reserve.

He had little fear about the regular olgogs wandering the mines, unless they all ran at Ka’zac at once, they shouldn’t be too much of a challenge. They would take a moment and make their skin like stone, and meld with their weapons for a little extra help. When they encountered enemies, they would make the ground slick using water leyas (not under their own feet obviously) and cause the enemies to slip down into the mine. This would also hopefully deal with any pit traps or pikes that happened to be further down in the mine.

Reaching Raga the Dead, far more caution would be exercised. This foe was a bit beyond what skills they possessed, and they would deal with potential reinforcements but try to avoid combat with the undead, being that none of them possessed light leyas in even the least.

After listening to the task that was requested of him, Lord Mada smiled an un-seen smile and nodded confirmation that he would do it. Compared to the things he’d seen and done, this would be a simple task. Lord Mada entered the mine shortly after a small trio of olgogs, and activated Animal sight. He would shadow walk past any pike walls and pits traps, assuming he saw them first. If caught off guard by a pit trap, he would use fire leap to get out.

While traversing the tunnels, if Mada detected another presence nearby, he’d use Hide in Shadows and Shadow Walk to remain undetected until he could determine if they were foe or not. If so, he would slip behind them from the shadows and attempt to silently silence them with his artificed Uth blade. If a sneak attack failed, then he would quickly disappear back into the shadows, and strike with vampyre bolts until they were defeated.

As he reached a spot deep in the mine, where he was sure he was alone, Lord Mada would create a demonbeast nightmare to serve as a distraction while he searched for Raga. Once he found his target, again he would stay hidden in the shadows, until he faced their back. Once sure that they were unaware of his presence, he would throw a rez potion along with a fire bomb at them. He doubted it would kill Raga, but it would be entertaining to watch. During their (hopeful) confusion, Lord Mada attempt to cleave his hands off with his sword, retreating to the shadows after every attack.

(OOC: Lord Mada is equipped with his Artificed Raider Mail (Become a Shadow, Shadow Walk, Lava Walk, Working Shadow, Fire Leap, Translate), Uth Blade (Working Shadow, Vampire Touch, Shieldbreaker, Destroy Ward), and Bone Rings under his Artificed Robe (Working Fire, Shadow Cocoon).)

Urog heard the reports from the mines… and it was the last thing he wanted to hear. Brez was teetering on the brink of all out gang warfare and the last thing he needed was for some gor to take over the Great Northern Army’s mines. He sighed, and sent Cem, Jazzernaut (Urog hated that name, but the tribal refused to be called anything else… stupid Earther influence!), and Gulog to investigate. They were to take stone of auf lal’al, Deralor of wanderes, and the Ravenous kolgul bracer. (stats below). They were to take both hob’tor weapons and stone clubs, just in case. 5 would ride out on rapions at full speed. 3 would enter, 2 would remain outside, caring for the rapions. They’d take a stone of create water and food for sustainence.

Strategy: Take Daron, but do not allow him to tunnel, as it would likely ruin the integrity of the mines… plus, it’s too slow. If there are any guards, depending on how many there were, either a straight frontal attack or stay out of sight, have one tribal sing a blood song, and then another create water over one of the guards, and let them fight it out (as a ready made distraction). Let Daron find traps. Use the artifacts to find tracks, look out for non-earth/shadow leyas (obvious traps), create light for the group to see ahead and behind them, and if coming against an non-natural barrier, tunnel material.

Against “dead” creatures, heal internal (on artifact) and club. Against the living, leyas (water lvl 2). Against many enemies, slick surface and pick off those that charge. Ice shield is also helpful to take a single blast. If unable to battle, assist “mercs” by singing mock aggression. Those suffering from pain damage will be “healed” through psychic surgery. Soothe fear as needed.

Raga: as per above, except better coordination. Let the tribals be support if possible through troubadour (mock aggression on peers/distractions on Raga), healing, and slicking surface and/or create water/change form.

Stone of the Auf Lal’al: Heal Internal and Floating Torchlight at 3 successes. Heals 12 H.P. Fixes broken bones (no imm).
Kolgul Skull mask of the Auf Lal’al: Easy Breathing, Purify Air at 3 successes (if not mentioned before, they will take)
Deryalor of the Wanderers artificed with SEE TRACKS, SEEING, TRANSLATE and OBSCURE at 3 successes. And HIDE IN SHADOWS, CONSUME FEAR and SLIGHT OF HAND at 2 successes.
Ravenous Kolgul Skull bracer of Unit 817 artficed with tunnel materials at 4 successes

Nameless Finality hurried to the mine. He had just heard that there was an attack and had not heard from the troopers assign to work the mine. This was not a good sign. Approaching the mine entrance, he readied the gear he had brought with him. He would enter and search for the missing troopers and other workers of the mine, keeping to the shadows and using them to bypass the traps and pike walls… Getting them out of the mine was his first priority, he thought. After the innocents were out of harm’s way, he would proceed to hunt the intruders. With the rampant shadow leyas in the tunnels and his knowledge from his previous trips here, it should be easy to blind side the vandals and raiders in small numbers and knock them out. The unconscious would be placed in a shadow caccoon for later questioning.

When he finally tracks down their leader, following the taint of Warmonger, he will watch from the shadows to study the enemy. When he spots a weakness , only then will he strike. He will aid any olgog that attacks the Dead Mystic.

Ignore post, wrong account

Reactions:
Daron will work with Urog and not dig his own hole. Hopefully shadow walking with him.

When Daron sees Lord Mada, he recognizes him from his first mission in the lands. He would assist him as well, but making sure to keep a second eye on him.

With others supporting in a battle, he will use his claws and fire breath more. Unless he gets a clean acid shot on a group of enemies. No need to chance catching the others in his cone attacks.

Lady Hob’Lalol, accompanied by Yalar Took and juvenile gor’abs Sa’na Ol, Or’on Der’na and Darlur Auf will come to the mine. Lady Hob’Lalol does not wish to enter the mine or bring about unprovoked hostility to the tribe, she will walk to the entryway and call in “Why do you do this, what is the purpose of this attack against your own people?” This is merely a distraction, providing any help. The rest of the tribesgogs are there to protect in case any of the raiders or vandals come out to make any attacks.