Goblin Lands 2 Heroic Event 22: The Invasion and Capture of the Tomb Factory

The armies were getting onto their vessels, and even the Unit 111 seemed to be holding true to the orders to withdraw.

The Usurper smiled as he looked at the contract signed by the foolish hivespawn. As a greater fiend, the Usurper knew any soul claimed by the Quall Hive could not be taken by him. But the joy of watching that hivespawn turn in front of the entire UtR could not be matched.

He had gained what he needed from the Tomb Factory and one Dead of each of the planar knights. Now it was time to move on. It was only a matter of time until the Quall came in force after their agent had been exposed. If not them, the Temporal Enforcement Agency.

But of all his luck, the Usurper looked up to see the Falosini flying fortress descending down towards them. He opened an energy bridge. He grabbed the command crystal from the control panel and ducked through the energy bridge followed by his new cadre of master artificers.

Carved from a hunk of asteroid, it was large enough to act as a mothership as hundreds of Baribur leapt off its walls, flying down towards the citadel. The Tomb Factory’s many magi cannons fired up at the first wing of baribur, cutting them down. Feathers and bodies littered the ships still floating in the straits.

Above them onboard the Falosini fortress was Ceroj the Red, Sovereign of the Falosini. The only leader among them known for his cruelty and merciless hatred of all “tainted” remains of the old wars. His hatred of the Uthvelor and Pelebor led him to be known as OldFoe Redcloak. He respected K’iou, K’iorn, Baribur and Vorin and looked at all other species as pawns of his enemies at best. He once led the Baribur Interrogator Lords, but was withdrawn from that service because his demand for perfect intelligence on the enemy resulted in many of his proteges turning to the path of the Vampyr. Ceroj the Red being the all around asshole that he was then went through and killed off those proteges he could find who were Vampyrs. Nice guy…real negotiating type. Hates the Dead. Doesn’t like Earthers much either.

So when the much beloved Bladed Sun, hero of the Border Wars went up to negotiate you can imagine the shock of the heroes and villians below when his body came hurling back down into the strait. Ceroj revealed himself. Eight feet tall, dress in platemail and red cloaks with six long flowing wings. A red cowel covered his head so only a pair of green glowing eyes, like stars, could be seen in the expanse of his cowl. On his back was a huge Zela Metal sword covered in Nightmare Lord Runes. At his belt was a short sword with a heavy red crystal in its pommel.

Looking down his booming voice could be heard, “Look at this disgusting garbage. Dead cursed to endless unlife by the thrice-damned K’ias. Olgogs scrambling like parasites over the carcasses of K’ias and Sylvan warfare technology. This…this is disgusting.
My armies cleanse these weapons from this field. Kill any who try and stop you.”

The Bladed Sun rose up battered but not defeated levitating back up to the deck of the floating castle.
“Ceroj, the other Falosini don’t know you have come here. Withdraw until the Sovereigns may act in the best interests of the Falosini and the people here.”

“Shut your mouth,” said Ceroj, “You human…you don’t deserve to have stolen ascension through my father’s great weapon. If I could rip it from you I would.”

“You speak with the pain of one who has suffered on the hell dimensions,” said the Bladed Sun, “Withdraw these innocent soldiers. Your Baribur Skyknights should not suffer from your hubris.”

Around them the Baribur were already churning up a storm.

Lightning began to rain down upon the ships floating in the straits. The waves washed up onto the ships, and crews struggled to hold their positions.

At sea level, the soldiers of Unit 817 began the ordered demolition of the entrances into the Tomb Factory. Their soldiers on higher levels were drawing the baribur soldiers attention to buy them time.
The sounds of shattering stone echoed through the tomb factory. In the depths of the lowest levels, a silvery form, speckled with black holes, opened one eye and glanced around at the room that entombed him.

Part 1: Where to run?

Uriel turned towards the Olgogs around him. Leaders from half a dozen tribes, and a trio of Earthers remained at his side. Across from them were the consoles and projected light construct displays used to control the Tomb Factory.

Ralphie of Unit 817 stood proudly in front of the consoles. So many features had been unlocked by the previous command crystal. He couldn’t control them, but he could use the many visual feeds being displayed to prepare for any tactic attempted by the Falosini.

Uriel said, “Tell me what options we have on the table to get you all out of here?”

The sounds of cracking echoed through walls around them. They watched as the tunnels connecting this section to others had collapsed. It had denied the Baribur entry, but also trapped them inside.

“My fleet has been repaired and is down there,” said Lalder pointing at one of the displays showing the ships floating on the waves, “Move all you can aboard the Carrier or Fighters quickly. We launch as soon as we can.”

“No thank you,” said Inquisitor Leon Patrotcha, “My friends and I have a reliable technological vehicle we can rely on. There is no way you can safely get from here down to there. Too many of the winged killers.”

“There are the Rhug’na’ru Airships along the roof,” said Yigog, “Oh wait they are flying away.”

“Where did the Captain Reshed go?” asked Pluto.

“He took up those corrupted weapons and headed upstairs to bring them to his ship,” said Yigog, “Whoah, the Rhug’na’ru just unloaded on the baribur.”

“The Baribur were unprepared for the first salvo yes,” said Uriel, “But if my studies have shown me anything, a sky knight will begin using the wind to divert the bullets.”

The first bullets fired by the Rhug’na’ru had taken the baribur skyknights unexpectedly. They had expected tribal olgogs, not military trained soldiers with Earther technology. Lines of blood and feathers spread across their flying formations.
The Olgog leaders watched as Uriel’s predictions showed true. After seeing a huge cloud of baribur fall from the skying, torn apart by the high caliber anti-aircraft rounds, the remaining skyknights rose up and began whipping the wind.
The Rhug’na’ru zepplins bounced and swayed with enough force to kill the aim of the gunners. Luckily for the zepplins, the wind was also in their favor. They flew faster and faster, and the biplanes who paced them picked off those baribur foolish enough to follow which was not many. Most focused on healing their wounded wings, and returning to the battle.

“At least the boy Dominic is safely back aboard his vessel,” said Pluto of Ka Rhug, as he thought about calling the boy on the commcrystal. But what to tell him? That an old gog was going to die in this collapsing factory? Naw he’d only call the boy if good news came.

The Menacing Quall N’drone dressed in bone armor, cleared his throat, saying, “I can open an Energy Bridge to my new home on Kyr’pos. I have already told them about the situation. They have already opened an Energy Bridge safely back to Simonsburg there. I open my bridge we step through, then we walk a few steps and you can get to a safe place.”

“Yeah that sounds safe,” said Red Bishop Declaire.

Uriel was busy observing the battle from over Ralphie’s shoulder a notebook in hand. They watched as Unit 7756 Dead began leaping off the side of the fortress down into the water below. The dead disappeared below the waves, leaving Unit 111 on the walls to fight to baribur in brutal close combat.

On the main screen they could see the main ramparts of the Falosini’s flying fortress. On the walls stood Ceroj the Red. He held his sword lazily across his Nightmare hide cloak while staring down at the Unit 111 Dead on the walls. With a disturbing lack of emotion, his glowing eyes looked out from the darkness of his red hood. Each time his eyes landed on a Unit 111 Dead soldier, that soldier ignited in flames. Each tumbled in succession, many burning to ash before they hit the water below.

The Falosini Sovereign’s power had not even been really tapped yet. His eyes narrowed as the Earther who dared to call himself the Bladed Sun landed in front of him again.

“What did I say, human?” asked Ceroj as his battleblade whipped around into a two handed swing that would have felled a tree.

Abel created a pillar from the fortress’ stone which caught the blade before it reached him. The Bladed Sun’s hand reached out and the afterimage of nine swords with hilts and crystal pommels of different colors floated before the hand. They superimposed together and a Golden sword was formed whose blade seemed to extend endlessly into golden light at its tip.

Abel swung this blade and its light severed a nearby mountain top and smashed Ceroj off his feet. Ceroj landed and rolled a few feet. The Falosini rose to his feet, eyes now burning with fire yet still not illuminating the contents of his red hood. He raised a hand grabbing a fleeing Unit 111 Deadwing aircraft with levitation and smashing it down towards Abel.

Abel flicked his hands and the vehicle was cut into slivers and burnt to ash by four solar flares. As its ash spread around him like cloud, he whipped up a frozen block of ice around Ceroj. The Sovereign quickly burned his way out, but it bought the Bladed Sun enough time to heal himself. The ice shattered and Ceroj raised his hands hurling incinerating bolts of energy at the Bladed Sun. The Bladed Sun raised up walls from the ground to absorb the fire.

The show was entrancing. Uriel noted that the Olgogs were agreeing to take the Quall up on his offer to his surprise. He over heard Pluto speaking into a crystal, saying, “

Ralphie said, “Uh oh, we have a vessel making a break for it.”

They watched on another screen as one of the vessels from the bottom began to move. It was the Inferno, making wide turns, being struck by lightning as it did.

It passed over the battlefield between the Bladed Sun and Ceroj the Red. The magi cannons on the airship fired in unison, blasting towards the Red Cloaked Falosini with deadly efficiency. Ceroj raised a hand and simply reflected the magi cannon backwards at the airship. Each beam was perfectly aimed and shattered the magi-cannons that fired them. The Red Cloak looked up at them for a moment then returned to his fight. The Ascended Being marked the crew of the ship with his power.

But he never pulled back his attack on the Bladed Sun. It was shining in the sun when that sword came out of nowhere, golden light, and punched right through Ceroj’s chestplate. The Falosini’s huge hand closed over Abel’s face.

Ceroj ignited what he thought was the metal of the helmet of the Bladed Sun. This tactical error perhaps saved Abel a dangerous blow that would have permanently scarred him. After all the armor of the bladed sun was no armor at all. It came from Abel’s own body, shapeshifted into a form that would prevent most wounds to his vital parts. What better form that the knight from his visions?

Abel grabbed the hand and swiveled, hurling Ceroj across the field and through a pair of stone walls. The stone was pulverized by the massive being.

In that moment the room filled with a fiery glow, and Urik and Ralphie turned to see all the Olgog tribal leaders leaving into a fiery portal.

“I’d ask if that were wise,” thought Uriel, “But so far…when have they ever done what was wise.”

He went back to watching the screens as the tribal leaders entered the energy bridge.
They left and the energy bridge stayed open for a moment and it looked like fiery snakes flew through the air. Each left up an air vent cut into the stone.

On the view of the battle, they saw these Flayers begin attack and grappling with the remaining Baribur Skyknights.

Ceroj created a pair of fiery swords and charged at Abel, his six wings pushing with immense force. The Bladed Sun took pair of cuts that burned a line across his chest and left arm. The heat was intense enough to cut steel. Abel felt his physical vessel beginning to fail him. Then suddenly Ceroj’s attention was drawn by a laughing mocking voice of a familiar bastard voice. Abel felt energy flow into his vessel, healing skin and bone. He looked over to see Scout, mocking Ceroj.

Ceroj raised a hand and began hurling fireball after fireball at the bastard. Each time Scout would side step, roll, or flip out of the way. Ceroj fully turned towards the bastard, using both hands to hurl a barrage at the little one. Yet Scout had been a master acrobat during his amnesiac years as a sneak-thief and burglar, and the skills had stuck. Ceroj never hit him, though the bastard’s hair was singed.

Finally Ceroj stopped hurling fire and simply caused four fire pillars to spring up on all sides. Scout gulped, not quite sure how to get out of that one.

But those moments allowed Abel to gather his breath and think out a plan. But neither of them expected the air strike.

A Hovercopter raced alongside the Falosini Flying Fortress, cutting through air artifacts and levi-stones with its railguns and missiles. The fortress lurched forward.

The rest of the fleet took that moment to move. Fighters darted, out coasting along the top of the water. The Carrier rose into the air and quickly cloaked. The scanners picked up the vessel’s outline in the Leyas, allowing them to see it fly along the coast and away.

The flying fortress never stopped falling.

Uriel and Ralphie had but a moment together. And they both nodded. Ralphie slammed the command crystal into the console, not knowing what sort of defenses he could activate quick enough. Unknown to him, the K’ias had already worried about these types of problems.

It generated a warning that crossed translations, “Incoming meteroite attack, initiating incorporation phase. Do not attempt to leave command chamber.”

Tendrils of silver metal lashed out from the Tomb Factory. It began drawing the Falosini Fortress into its broken heights Unit 111 Dead, Baribur, and others were crushed between the twin stones, their bodies rerouted by necrotech limbs at work throughout the shifting walls.

Uriel and Ralphie and the trio of Church of Oners felt the chamber they were in move and shift as new floors were constructed around it. Suddenly floor plans scrolled across the screen. It was beautiful in its horrific variety. The entire Tomb Factory had rebuilt itself to Uriel’s surprise.

On the top floor, Ceroj and Abel and Scout felt the floor shift underneath them as it was incorporated.

Baribur Skyknight flew around enraged, and many turned their weapons on the exhausted Bladed Sun and Scout.
In succession one after another made diving attacks towards them. Both Scout and Abel found themselves under assault, as Ceroj began drawing in a storm to wipe out the fleeing airships and the heroes on the top of the newely reconstructed tower.

A Lur Union Fightercraft, arced low over the tower top, trying to get a visual on Auf Lalder who had gone missing during the fighting. Its pilot looked down at the battle raging on the roof. Stunned baribur were laying in heaps around the Bladed Sun and the bastard. But the onslaught continued.

Three Baribur Skyknights suddenly struck the sides of the Fightercraft. They had easily broken its Leyas shields, and now used their spears to anchor themselves aboard the vessel. Each shapeshifted large draconic claws they used to cut away at the heavy armor. Ribbons of his ship were falling away around him. The pilot looked up as a golden glow filled his vision.

A golden warmachine landed on his vessel, immediately drawing the attention of the Baribur. Where his bones showed through the heavy armor, the Dead soldier shined like a golden sun. The Baribur had never seen anything like him before. Even the pilot did not recognize Torlok’ab in all his glory.

The first of the Barbur charged him, driving a claw into his chest. A deathblow for mortals and dead alike, the Vorpral Claw did its damage. When it withdrew, the body slumped for a moment and fell away from the speeding aircraft. But before it disappeared completely its hand reached up catching the rear of the vessel.

To the baribur’s surprise the Dead was glowing even brighter as the wounds reknit themselves. The other two Baribur also stopped attacking the fightercraft. The trio leapt at him, driving their spears through him at once.

With a smile the dead warmachine grabbed their spear hafts and leapt backwards. All three baribur tumbled with him off the side of the Lur Union fighter. As the aircraft pilot sped away he thanked the Angel of the Redeemer for saving him.

Torlok’ab fell with his attackers, plummeting towards the rooftop. He landed with a crash, and all three skyknights were splayed out around him. They were unconscious from the fall. Their wings had been unable to slow them down with Torlok’ab pulling them and none had thought to let go their spears. Their zealousness to kill the dead had led to their own defeat. His bones and dead flesh reknitted in golden light as he stood up.

He saw more Baribur preparing to bring lightning down on him, and smiled. These enemies didn’t know who or what they were facing. Yet at that moment hatches smashed off the sides of the towering factory. From each one rushed a serpentine form on wings of fire. Flayers flew up, distracting the Baribur and beginning a rolling melee of fire and spear above the strait of Holys.

Looking down, Torlok’ab could see the last of the allied vessels had taken off, leaving the straight full of floating dead bodies and shattered planks of wood. And feathers and blood everywhere.

Looking up Baribur Skyknights surrounded Abel and Scout. Torlok’ab made a running jump and took to the skies again. Rising in between the mass of Skyknights, drawing their attention away from the Bladed Sun and Scout.

Lightning cracked down in succession. Each time it scattered across the surface of the city shield, Abel had erected over the Tomb Factory. Each time the Bladed Sun looked visibly weaker. Scout was at his side, and poured healing leyas into his old friend.

Then Ceroj suddenly stumbled, grabbing his cowled head in pain. Something had distracted him, and Abel was not going to miss the moment. He raced forward on a cloud of wind, the golden sword forming in his hand. Its tip pointed at Ceroj’s throat. Success the blade pierced, and Abel held him affixed on the golden sword. Then the pain began in Abel’s belly. The red godsword…he knew that ache too well. Ceroj had drawn it during Abel’s charge, and simply let the other ascended being affix himself on it. Ceroj pumped fire through the sword into the Bladed Sun. The fire licked out around them, and Abel’s groan of pain could be heard.

“It seems we have each other at a deathblow, human,” said Ceroj with no uncertain glee, “I will not back down, and in the final moments you take my head from my body, I will consume you utterly with my sword.”

“I’ve been in this situation before Ceroj,” said Abel gritting his teeth against the pain, “I know what will happen. Our bodies get scattered, a new body can be formed far far away, and then we have to use that body to return here. Do you really think I wont return?”

“This dimension is a wide and expansive place,” said Ceroj, “Do you think you could stop my baribur from tearing this place down stone by stone from across the universe? And do so without breaking the laws of the Ascended?”

Before Abel could find out a blue light shone across the battlefield. A swirling energy bridge to the dimension of Ses’rus, the land of the Falosini opened. Out of it stepped a Falosini who could have been a blue mirror of Ceroj. In blue cloaks, but carrying a massive polehammer, flew the Sovereign Berototh.

His voice echoed, “Forces of the Falosini, Stop. You are commanded to withdraw.”

With that one line the Baribur who had fought so tenaciously, simply turned on wing and left. They streamed back through the energy bridge behind the Blue hooded Falosini, without a backwards glance at Ceroj locked in a deathblow.

Scout looked up and recognized Berototh, though he dare not speak he was so filled with excitement.

Berototh drifted past Torlok’ab a hand reaching out and touching the Raider Captain on the brow as he passed by. A simple glowed briefly in high falos and sylvan it marked him as an ally of the Peace of Falos. Had Torlok’ab tearducts still he would have cried he felt so proud. Never in his entire service to the Redeemer could such an event be hoped or looked for. No words passed between them as none were needed.

Berototh landed next to Abel and Ceroj saying, “A Great Evil threatens this entire dimension. Stand down Ceroj, work with us, the time of the great battle has come.”

Ceroj grimaced in pain and without moving his pierced neck said, “The Great Evil is that subcreatures like this human have stolen ascension. They cannot be trusted with it. He manipulates the Earthers and Olgogs like Warmonger on his chess board.”

Abel said, “I will admit in my youth I fed the warmonger. I created situations as a normal man that still feed the Warmonger today. But I have done everything in my power since ascending to right these wrongs and redeem those who were made worse by my actions.”

“Ceroj, you know he speaks true,” said Berototh gently, “Here you nearly released Holys from captivity.”

“Released him?” laughed Ceroj though the chortling caused him pain, “He is not captive. He has given up. Holys could spring up and leave this place any time he wants. He sleeps because he chooses to. Because he has no motivation to wake up. All that awaits him is a reality far more drab that then deathless dreams he experiences now.”

None the less Ceroj withdrew his sword from Abel’s stomach. Abel allowed the golden sword to dissipate and both were on their knees in catastrophic pain. Scout healed Abel, and Berototh healed Ceroj.

“Is it true what you said…has the time come?” asked Abel…so tired.

“Yes the Warmonger has completed in building his engine dimension,” said Berototh, “Even now it draws the evil of warfare from this timeline and pushes it into timelines where the Ascended have already defeated the Warmonger.”

“Who would think such a thing possible?” asked Ceroj. All the ascended had worked under the knowedge that different versions of themselves were defeating Warmonger on different timelines. None suspected Warmonger could manipulate the time lines to affect each other. It seemed counterintuitive. But reality was always far stranger and more wonderous than expected and life for an Ascended being equally so to one who had not yet ascended.

“We know more about the distant shores due to our ascention, but never allow hubris to confuse being ascended with being all-knowing,” said Berototh harshly.

“Your brother Azrael would disagree,” said Abel simply. The name of the “fallen” Falosini was enough to bring a cold silence to the conversation.

“As long as my brother allows those mutants, those Uthvelor and Pelebor of his to corrupt our Children 's bloodline, he will never be welcome among the Falosini,” snarled Ceroj with more passion than he had displayed even during the fight, “But my head feels ill, and I need rest outside of this form.”

“No time for rest dear brother,” said Berototh, “We must away to Draco Epsilon 7, where the forgotten souls of Warmonger’s many wars now gather.”

Abel looked back at the Olgog fleet escaping in the distance, and felt a deep sadness. He wouldn’t be able to help them like he had hoped. Free will would be their liberation or their imprisonment.
But it would be up to them whether they chose the path of the Warmonger or the path of the Balancer.

Abel turned to Scout, “Hey little friend, I hope you didn’t hurt too badly. Thank you again for being at my side in my time of need. I cannot give you much to thank you… but…”

“Aww Abel you don’t have to give me anything,” said Scout, “It was worth it just to watch Old Red Cloak get his for once.”

Ceroj was deep in discussion with Berototh and ignored the bastard’s comments.

“I know but there will come a time when these Olgogs are faced with dangerous choices,” said Abel, “I need you to go visit the ceremony of the Thunder Gods. Tell Kincaid it is time.
The Warmonger has opened the Engine dimension and we must fulfill our parts.
Before he goes, travel with him to the Falling Star Homeforge. Be his ambassador and help the K’iou accept his help in curing the broken among them. He has the prayers of Or’Lur tribals to power such a miracle. It is the only hope to prevent outright war between the Children of the Falosini and the Olgogs after this battle.”

Then he looked up at the Angel of the Redeemer who had saved so many during the battle.

“Torlok’ab, your service here is only part of the great service you must do in keeping the Tomb Factory safe from those who would abuse its technology. Warmonger will tempt you with the great power you have received here. Do not let him, for that way lies ruin and a betrayal of everything your master believed in,” Abel said, “Many have called you Captain Torlok’ab because you lead the raiding parties sent on rescue missions and to destroy threats leftover from the ancient wars. I know any ranks you have gained have never been officially acknowledged by the K’ias who once served as your master.
As Champion of the Bladed Sun, I speak with Lord Falos’ own voice to say on this day Unit 817 has gained honor and distinction and we leave the Tomb of Holys in your capable hands. You have been elevated to the rank of Duranki and must keep these lands safe, and the Olgogs who live here safe.

But now I must go, and I cannot tell when I will return…if I return…

The Ascended Beings are being called away to battle the Warmonger on a distant planet. Do not be surprised if his servants and the servants of other Ancient Evils try to use this lull to their advantage.”

In the command room, Uriel finished writing down his observations of the battle, the final words of the Bladed Sun, and the strange final words between the Falosini Sovereigns. He closed his book, and wished Ralphie a good day.

Walking to a quiet corner outside the command room, he teleported home. Uriel had much to report to the VLAD Agency high command.

Part 2: A Spiteful God

Lurtor’s voice said from the commcrystal to Krodnok “The factory will be lost, the Falsoni are attacking. Everyone is in full retreat.”

Krodnok did know what the agreed upon plan was, that everyone was supposed to leave the factory, all except Unit 817.

It didn’t matter. If he couldn’t have the factory, he’d do what he could to bury this place. He made one final pass through the facility, looking for anything that could be useful to him. Any bodies, tech, anything.

When the walls and floors started moving and changing around him, he caught a glimpse of a chamber once collapsed. Diving between shadows, he found himself standing in a room that held a hugely muscled Cambion arm with blue skin, ending in a bone and crystal array instead of a hand. The arm was on a stone slab, and above it hung one of the many Dead Surgeons that had been incorporated into the walls of the Tomb Factory. The Dead Surgeon had the body of the bloated and fat Cambion, the head of a kumfei and ten tiny kumfei arms that had been surgically attached to the much larger torso. Its lower half had once been a Flayer and his serpentine tail extended up into crevices in the wall. The Dead Surgeon hung over the arm, with his ten scalpels in a flurry of activity.

As Krodnok entered, the Dead Surgeon immediately slithered back into the crevice in the wall. Krodnok could swear it was staring at him with a malicious smile before it escaped.

Krodnok grabbed the arm and its crystalline weapon, and fled the room moments before the walls shifted again. Now in a long corridor, Krodnok was quite lost. Luckily his real target was down.
Down far below the Experiemental Wing and the main production floor.

Krodnok finally located an outer wall of the factory that he knew was under the water level, and began to use the leyas to Tunnel Material creating a hole in the wall to flood the the facility. Sea water rushed in, filling the

Once the lower levels of the facility were flooded completely , he then froze the water. Turning the sea water in a giant glaciar was hard hard work, but with the battle raging outside none had noticed yet. Once he was finished, he teleported back to the portal that led to his Lab. Once there, he paused for a moment.I should probably close this portal, he thought. Just to be on the safe side.

He then stepped through the portal, removed his Breastplate, and blasted the portal door with enough light leyas to destroy the portal. Once that was done, he put his Breastplate back on and continued with his business…

Epilogue

The silvery form, speckled with black holes, rolled its head uncomfortably.

Holys’ other eye opened as the sound of running water trickled down to him. It was not a soothing sound. Then right as he was about to rise fully from his slumber the sound of the Tomb Factory thrumbing with production filled his chamber once again. The ice acted as an amplifier, making the reverberations sound like hammer blows as bodies were fed into the machines above them. Deep in his chest the sound created heart beat-like vibrations.

Holys began counting the bodies as he drifted back off to sleep, by the time seven bodies were done being processed by the machinery he was already back to his deathless dreams.

:cool:The Rewards:cool:

Rhug’na’ru gains Lessons learned at the Tomb Factory. Can now build larger and faster Zepplin craft, that will utilize nearby air currents and winds to increase its manueverability. (can now design and build 2 automatic new types of prototype Zepplins from these designs which will be usable week 24)
They can also mass produce Zepplins and Biplanes much faster. Rhug’Tor now automatically constructs 1 Hindengog and 2 Biplanes each game week. These can be used by the Rhug’na’ru or traded to other tribes.

Kolgol gains Curse of Ceroj. The entire crew of the Inferno now cannot leave the airship for more than a day without becoming violently ill (health drops to 1 if off the ship for more than 24 hrs). Being an ascended being (though dickish), he also grants the crew of the ship eternal youth and eternal life as long as they stay on the ship.
If dropped to 0 H.P. The crew will return to 5 H.P. (on ship only) on the following combat round unless killed by acid or annihilation (or unless weapon is left in the head wound or chest wound). The crew should still eat and drink or life will really suck (dying each round from dehydration/starvation then restoring to die again). Poison sucks in the same way.
Ceroj will now hunt the Ka Rhug in any mission they both are in.
All Magi Cannons fired at the Ascended being have been shattered.

Ar’yay Gains a Chance for Peace and Alliance with the United Tribes and the Der’al Collective

Lalder gains a full and successful pullout. All tribals involved with the mission gain Leyas Combat Ranged combat skill at 1.

Unit 7756 gains Some Good Ole Unit 111 Stragglers (200 Warmonger’s Dead Olgogs standard gear)
Their loyalty is to Unit 111 first but can be deployed in combat against any UtR or Der’al Collective target and/or any Church of One or EEF holding.

Unit 817 gains Command of the Tomb Factory. It can upgrade 1 Dead to a Dead Warmachine per week (Vir Models Only), and will produce 100 Dead per week if given sufficient biological matter to process in the form of fresh bodies. The vehicle bays however are flooded and frozen. No K’ias Warwalkers can be produced nor Deadwings. Torlok’ab gains rank of Duranki (or Bond) of the Peace of Falos. He may only use the benefits of this rank when physically in charge of the Tomb Factory. At other times he may refer to himself as Duranki but it will not cause the same deference from Falosini, Sylvan Warleochs and other planar beings as it will on matters of the factory. Example of title: Duranki in charge of the Tomb Factory of Holys, Duranki Torlok’ab.
Unit 817 is also able to convert 10 of the Unit 111 Dead Olgogs into Unit 817 Dead using the machinery.

Ka Gor Tribe gains Ogurox A Quall of His Word. Ogurox helped save many of the Olgog leaders at the Tomb Factory. As a result he may now seek audiences with them for diplomatic purposes. He may speak for the Quall, or he may speak for the Army of the True Flame.
Ogurox also knows of safe places to open Energy Bridges to on the lands controlled by Ar’yay. They may be used to escape safely from threats until Narrator advises otherwise. These areas are so protected that if Ogurox gives his word that none will be implanted there or harmed, the forces of Ar’yay Hivequeen will make it so, even going so far as to keep rival Quall Hives away.
All Horned Dogs in the Ka Gor Tribe and Army of the True Flame gain Horned Dog Devotion Lvl 2 (they all also gained lvl 1 if they did not already have it).

All leaders who escaped through the energy bridge are now at The Energy Bridge to the Quall Cities of Ar’yay.

Lord Grimaldus gains A Trio of Demonic Teammates. All three gain +1 F.S. And gain Hellguns special training after this mission. Bishop Declaire is now considered a demonic hybrid not an Immutable and loses all immunity to the Leyas but retains his ability to use tech weapons without backfire and can learn special trainings normally inaccessible to immutables. His aura is still invisible in leyas sight but not to Spirit Scopes and Redeemer special training.

Krodnok loses his holdings in the Tomb Factory. He does recover a sample of a Life-Force Cannon developed by Vul. This weapon trades 3 H.P. For each 1d6 Energy dmg shot (No A.R. To Giants/WarGiants, Lowers V.A.R & S.A.R. By 1d6 for each 3 H.P. paid) Example: character gives up 15 of his 18 H.P. He can do 5d6 Energy dmg, Lowers V.A.R. And S.A.R. By 5d6 points. If this drops character to 0 H.P. They die but weapon does not cause final death. Weapon cannot be obscured and always gives off a Leyas Aura. Can be combined with Parasite Leyas Ability to offset additional damage to a willing target. Counts as a Ranged Weapon. Can be used with Agility as F.S. (no agility bonus) Or with Leyas Combat Ranged Skill/Handgun skill /Rifle skill/ Heavy Weapons skill (all with agility bonus)
Krodnok can now mass produce these weapons in his Lab.

Derlur the Nomad may now learn Dimension Walker Devotion lvl 1.

The Bladed Sun gains The Time has Come. Abel cannot be used in missions until the engine dimension subplot is over. However Uruf & Lance & Love may now be fully utilized as Bladed Sun Knights in missions. He also gains access to Ar’tur Devega the Blue Sword and his apprentice Fang and the crew of the airship Vengeance for one future mission as allies to either Uruf or Lance (single use reward).

Uriel gains Knowledge that Demons are infiltraiting the Church of One. Permanent access to the Tomb factory through Torlok’ab or Ralphie. If Uriel does not already have 3 Devotions he gains up to Lvl 3 devotions in Tyr’ani.