Goblin Lands 2 Finale Part 2: The Mag Der'al Tightrope is Walked

Prologue

A letter along with a commcrystal arrived at the domain of each of the major figures, movers and shakers in the Goblin Lands. The commcrystal linked to a main switchboard so that all who spoke could hear each other and all could hear the Olgog who sent the notes and communicators.

the letter said:

From the Desk of Alchemist Onderal

For a long time I have watched the Olgog nation take its baby steps. Instead of growing like Olgogs, they have been constrained and re-educated by humans. Nasty, nasty humans, who use them like slaves, or simply kill them off for being on land containing resources that can be exploited for their coins.

Coins, money, cash are all the Earthers want. And anything else they want…they want in excess. They are a disgusting, obnoxious species who will quickly poison their own food supply and water supply if left to their own devices.

They have tormented the Olgog species for over 2,000 years.
I have warheads filled with a mixture of Mag Der’al Blood and Teardrop Green slime. This mixture will turn any Olgogs it hits into a Mag Der’al and all the rest: Earthers and Children of the Falosini into monstrous Reavers.

If I am not convinced either through compelling argument or through a significant bribe, I will begin unleashing these weapons on the Earther Colonies to the North and to the East. And our own little Provisional Colony down here in the south. No target on Planet Refuge will be safe.

If I am belittled or disrespected I may just launch for the thrill of it.

Convince me there is hope in peace between the Earthers and Olgogs and I may just choose not to launch.

Part 1: The Anonymous crystals

The voice of Kaloklur, a redfur who once lived among the GulTor’Uf tribe was the first to speak. His anger obvious from his tone. Onderal listened closely to Kaloklur’s voice.

“Kill them all. I have heard of Bill of Gultor’uf dealings with the earthers, and how it has affected the tribes.

He originally thought it would be beneficial, and spoke to one called Shiro. According to Bill, Shiro gave a verbal agreement to not interfere inside what he called the goblinlands. Just about a week later, Bill went to speak to the leader of the Ur Kings, the leader of the Army of Eloga. Bill related to the tribe, to how one of the gogs set on killing others, he was able to persuade to wait, and to not attack.

Then the attack occurred. Where Chieftain Tladol was assassinated. Bill pulled out a com crystal, and called this Shiro. The one who promised to not intervene. And what did Bill find out? That this was a planned attack by the EEF. That the EEF decided it was needed to assassinate the leaders of our tribes. They did this under the Guise of a Church of One attack.

Now, every time Bill has brought this up, gogs that are friends with the EEF accuse him of being wrong; that the EEF wouldn’t do such a thing. On occasion, he was told that he was wrong about the timing and that he received the crystal. How could he make that call, if the events didn’t play out as Bill says? How would he have gotten the crystal to Shiro inside the EEF if he didn’t speak to him before the events with the Army of Eloga.

If we take this as true, that Bill of Gultor’uf is completely mistaken, we still have to content with the attack on talocal by EEF special agent Olgog the Olgog. A horrible attack, perpetrated by a gog that was employed by the EEF. Whatever the reason, even if he did turn traitor on the isle of Mag Buskt, we do know that the EEF sent him down here. After the EEF told us they would leave these lands to us.

Now, Bill of Giltor’uf does have some good ideas. One is taking facts we have and asking what can we conclude with them. And what can we conclude from these facts? That the EEF will only honor agreements it they see fit.

What should we do about it? I say unleash the pain, let them have a taste of their own medicine. Bomb them.”

Onderal wondered if it was time to reply when the crystal he had sent to Olgog the Olgog activated. It was not OtO’s voice they heard, instead it was the voice of a lesser tribal known as UrLur. Onderal noted it for future reference. Apparently OtO thought himself too high and mighty to speak to Alchemist Onderal, and sent a lacky. He wondered what other lackies would speak. At least the other leaders did not know they were being disrespected. All they could heard was an unknown olgog’s voice.

Urlur said, “You’re a fool. The pit mongrel is right, last time something like this happened, the EEF sent assassins out. At least you are smart enough to do this through com crystals, and not in person.

Your actions are short sighted, and will result in the deaths of gogs primarily. Medicine against the Mag Der’al blood disease has been developed, and this will render part of your attack useless. Using diseases like this will result in nuclear weapons being launched. I don’t know if you know what these do, but after the death and destruction of the initial blast, the surrounding land will end up like bartsport.

I know you know where each crystal is, and that you know were I am speaking from. Send someone to me and I have an offer for you, one that would be beneficial to both of us.”

Onderal replied to Urlur and said, “I have no interest in hearing your offer if you don’t say it here and now so that others may try and exceed your bid. There is after all a reason this negotiation occurs so that all may hear what is offered.”

Onderal nearly laughed at this agent of OtO’s. His attempts at intrigue were blatant. He also had no interest in a discussion here and now. He wanted to say his point of voice and depart. Not a respectable way to discourse, thought Onderal.

His musings were interrupted by the crystal he had sent to Aufgog Lalder. Instead the voice of Auf Lalyan could be heard. Interesting, Onderal noted, another subordinate. Was it leaders hoping to distance themselves from him? Or did the leaders simply hope to blame their subordinates when news of this conversation finally got out.

Onderal had a young aide at the corner of the room with a custom push-botton type writter and sheafs of paper and pots of ink. He typed away slowly, taking notes for Onderal of the conversation.

Auf Lalyan was speaking, “Who ever that was is right. Its transformation effects on Olgogs would be limited. But an attack like this will only bring the colonies down on Olgogs and give the Church of One a reason to resume their campain of Slaughter of All Olgogs. Terrorist style attacks have never been good in the long run. But especially are not good now.

Right now, the majority of tribes have a good relation with the EEF to the point where the EEF helps us defend against our enemies. Right now there is no human group occupying our lands working to exterminate us. Right now the Church of One cannot operate in the open against us. They are extremist and will always wait for a chance, but we cannot give them one.

Assassins are not only used by the EEF. Most tribes have their own version on this. If an enemy of the Olgogs shows up threatening us, we send our gogs, our tor’ogs to kill them before they cause distaster on our gogs. VLAD is the same. Work with them, and they will work with you.

Generations have died because they did not have this chance at peace. Because they did not gain enough strength to defeat the Earthers, but also have the ability to let the past go to stop the cycle. It is our time to stop the cycle of killing. There will never be absolute peace between races. But we are getting close and we have to try.

Right now we are building cities below and above ground. We are building farms above and below ground. We even have flying farms that are safe from the flamewinds allowing us to feed thousands, 10’s of thousands more than before. But if an attack like what you speak of happened, these would be in danger as they are easier targets being in the open.

Right now we need to concentrate on expanding our infrastructure, our farms, our housing with all of these new Olgogs from the Queen. We do not have the resources to fight wars that need to be over with.

Do not launch this attack.”

Auf Lalyan’s voice was drowned out by Kaloklur’s growling, “So you knowingly built things that can be open to attack? Even the most foolish of gogs know to choose the right location when setting up came to have adequate defenses.

And you give us a lot of information, when we this attack happens we need to create so much chaos so that they have to contented with the chaos the repercussions.

In other words Onderal, this limited amount is not enough, we need to hit a large area up north. We need to think bigger, rather than a limited one time strike. Can you produce more of these missiles and have continuing attacks into the populated areas where people gather after the initial barrage?”

Onderal says ,“I would need the teardrop hammer to make more. But…I have enough for my needs…”

Auf Lalyan quickly replied, "I’m Auf Lalyan of Herd of Auf Lal’al. Our tribe has fought the Earthers that needed to be fought. Between our tribe, the GNA, and the UtR, the Oners are gone from most of our lands. And we fight them back every time. This is a worthy fight. Protection is better than Chaos. It serves a greater purpose.

The EEF could strike some of our flying farms. You could not. It is easy to attack any target above the ground when you can shoot it from Orbit. But they won’t unless they are given reason to need to starve Olgogs. Don’t give them the reason.

Also That chaos that olgog spoke of is only useful to one force, the Warmonger.

So instead of trying to create chaos, try working with others to stop the killing. If these warheads are launched, you will restart the cycle of killing that has gone on for 2000 years just as we are about to stop it for good.

We are so close and if we don’t succeed we won’t be able to blame the Earthers anymore for the chaos as it will be Olgogs fault for the failure."

Onderal replies,"I keep getting told to not fight back against oppression because it feeds Warmonger.
I have never met this Warmonger.
As far as my experience there is no Warmonger.
Warmonger is just an excuse for the Children of the Falosini to keep turning their backs on the Olgogs.
Now Olgogs are parroting back this Warmonger nonesense.

Why when I fight back does it feed Warmonger but when the Earthers kill and oppress my people they don’t have to restrain themselves for fear of feeding Warmonger."

Auf Lalyan says "Those Earthers who attack Olgogs feed the Warmonger the same as when we attack them. And their are groups within the other races willing to help us defend and strengthen. But will not help if we go on the attack. The problem is the cycle needs to be broken. And I think we can break it now.

By not launching the attack, we can protect all Olgogs, which could include yours as well if the threat of attacks stops. If a specific group of earthers attacks, then any response to them is defense."

The crystal Onderal had sent to the Or’Lur tribe lit up, but it was not the mighty Glog who spoke. Instead it was Urog’na.
Urog’na said “Auf Lalyan you forget. Mag Mag Gor feeds on needless death and destruction. That is one of the reasons most of the Tribes have agreed to limit the final deaths they cause.”

To Onderal she said “Yes Earthers have changed the olgog people. As have the Children of the Falosini. But such things will happen.
Intelligent beings will interact with other intelligent beings, and both will change because of their interactions. Like in life, a gog is born. They grow learn and are changed by the world around them. Then they teach and change others. And finally they die. So it is with all races, they go through this cycle until they die or become something more then we can understand at this time.”

Onderal noticed that Kaloklur was ignoring Urog’na’s wise words and was in a war of words with Auf Lalyan.

Kaloklur demanded, “Auf Lalyan? are you from the tribe of lalder?”

Auf Lalyan replied “I’m of the Herd of Auf Lal’al as I said before.”

Kaloklur continued, “I’ll assume that is a yes. . .Why don’t you tell us about LurTor?”

Auf Lalyan says “And what do you want to know. I figure your going to make an accusation, so just make it and then I’ll relay the actual truth.”

Kaloklur countered, “Gogs once came together to speak about things without these Earther tendencies of suspicion and distrust.
We don’t hide important facts, like having tribe members part of the Colonial forces.
Its not like that factors into any part of this decision…”

Auf Lalyan replied with passion, "You mean a gog who has helped our relations with Multiple races. Even welcome at the Baribur Choir of Payne. I also do not think Lurtor’s working with the Earthers is a surprise to anyone. For the most part Lurtor mainly helps us keep our non-aggression pact with the EEF and even gets the tribes help, if we need it. This has happened a few times. Like the help we got for the Flamewinds. Also Lurtor understands both Olgogs and Earthers. This has helped in past discussions.

Also If it was supposed to be kept completely secret, you wouldn’t know about it or you would be dead. I think you already believe the EEF kills to keep their secrets.

For this discussion we are here to talk about, IF the Mag Der’al wanted to officially stop the Terrorist attacks on Earthers and Olgogs. They could still defend Olgogs against those Earther’s who would kill Olgogs much like our enforcers and army. This is where where we would ask Lurtor for help with the Earthers to change the Mag Der’al’s standing with them. It won’t be easy, and it will take time. But we can make it happen as long as the Terrorist style attacks stop. And that especially requires those missiles not to be Launched."

Onderal wondered for a moment about this. He had known so many of his beloved Mag Der’al were killed by Colonial Forces. Maybe he could save the rest, and secure a strong border in one step. He was no fool. He knew the Earthers would never give up the land they had already taken. And if the Olgog tribes didn’t have the heart to claim what was their birthright, Alchemist Onderal could not force them to do so. It enraged him to think the Earthers would get away with their 2,500 year old crime of stealing this planet from the Olgogs.

During the pause in conversation, a voice crackled over the comm crystal, a familiar one to some.

“Mr Onderal is it? I have been informed of your plans, and I must confess, you do impress me. What I do find curious, is that you have decided to contact various leaders and ask them to refute or support your idea. I didn’t peg you for a self conscious olgog, in fact, I believe you know exactly what you plan to do. I believe that you, the one holding all the cards here, secretly have hope for both our race, and for humanity. After all, it would certainly have been much simpler to launch in anonymity, and then watched as your plan unfoiled.”

“Where I am currently, I’ve had plenty of time to ponder this curiosity, and I have come to the conclusion that you desired to use this chance not to unleash massive destruction onto Der’al, but to send a message. You are no mere terrorist, you are a visionary, like myself, who has a plan, a design for Der’al. What you required was an audience, and now you have it.”

“If you are truly asking my opinion on launching these missiles, and I’ll play along for now, I believe that this is not the correct course of action.
Would corrupted reavers really be better than earthers? In my experience, reavers are much harder to deal with, as at least an earther will take your coin before your life. And as for our people, I would sooner see them reduced to ash than become afflicted against their will with such a virulent malady.”

“If you want proof that your plan as it stands will not work, take me for example. I tried force, and believe me, it doesn’t work so well as you’d think it would. Earthers have an uncanny sense of survival, and this will not be enough to break their spirit, nor that of the Olgog’s.”

“In conclusion, I would advise against launching missiles to get your message across. There are better ways, and I’m sure if you spent some time searching you could find one.”

There is a crackle again as Kolgol hands the crystal back to the cell guard.

After Kolgol spoke, Onderal sighed a long sad sigh.
“It has been two thousand years since the genocide against our people began. You young Olgogs don’t understand what it was like.
I remember how it would start in camp after camp. First the nerve gas would be rolled in. Many died who didn’t know the art of cleansing the air with the Leyas. Then the Red Bishops of the Church of One would come in. Their pwer armor frightening and unknown to the tribal olgogs of the time. They seemed indestructable, until the great Uhryus learned to strip the metal from their hard Armored shells. Before the rise of the Uhryus, the Red Bishops would come in teams. Some carried plasma cannons, others carried medium range flamethrowers. We didn’t know what they were, just death that burned and hurt and killed. That cut rock walls, and killed olgogs hiding inside.
And we knew it wasn’t enough for them just to kill us once or drive us from our lands. No they wanted to eradicate every bit of our flesh, to make sure we would never be brought back. They wanted the memory of the Olgogs gone from this land. That is why they call us Goblins, that is why they kill us, and ignore our personhood. They wanted to eradicate the idea of the Olgogs from this planet.
Had they succeeded they would have told travelers, natives? Naw just a bunch of Goblins. We wiped out the vermin when we moved in. Who wants a goblin next door right? It might eat your child…”

“I want to mar and tarnish the image the Earthers have built for themselves. Let them see the monsters we experience them as for themselves,” Onderal said slowly.

Auf Lalyan suggested "I understand the past and that even the battle that I experienced was nothing like when the earthers first came.

But launching that attack will open us back up to those attacks. Right now the Oners are restricted in what they can do. And those limitations allow us keep them back. And our Leyas tech is getting better. We have capital ships now and one of the biggest air forces. My tribe even has steam tech. The problem we Olgogs have is we still fight each other.

Instead of attacking, become part of the defence of Olgogs. Help us with what you know. Knowledge is power. We have been working to get the Earther public to see us not as demons, but a race of beings like the others. We have museums where the Earthers currently come to visit now and can learn about Olgogs. Help us expand the information about the early years, so the Earthers cannot forget or rewrite what they did.

Earthers say History is written by the victor. Lets not give those who wish us destroyed the reason they need to use all of the Earther weapons.”

The crystal Onderal had sent to the city of Zh’ka’al began to sound.

"Gobbog here, member of the Aryeserai and leader of the Army of the True Flame. I have been listening close and trying to keep my heart open as the Aryeserai have taught me.
It has been a hard transition for many members of the Army of the True Flame but as a former EEF soldier I would like to mention a few things.

The Army of the True Flame respects the power of the UtR Air fleet. You have a larger fleet than any of the Olgog tribes and admittedly larger than the Der’al Collective.
Your fleet isn’t a tenth of the size of the forces the Earthers could bring if they were united against us. And that’s just on this planet. If the rumors of the offworld fleets are true we all might as well just incinerate ourselves and save them the time."

A voice of a female Aegelis spoke, "I am Kitty of the Army of the True Flame. I may not know much about you Mr. Onderal but it sounds like you want revenge. Revenge helps no one .

Choose love instead. Love and Peace."

Gobbog continued addressing Kolgol directly, “Leader Kolgol, I worry for your people. Do you know of their suffering since the evil Kalok has manifested?”

There was a pause, and then a voice answered.

“I know what my wardens have seen fit to share with me. I am in no position to do anything to alleviate the problems in my current condition however.”

Auf Lalyan says "Gobbog, we are aware of their greater tech and assumed they had more. It is why we are so concerned of an Olgog attacking the Colonies. With the restrictions on the Oners by the other colonies, we can defend ourselves, but if the EEF wanted us wiped out, they could give it one @#$$ of a go. Something we may not survive. We definitely would be back to the Olgog Genocide level of attacks.

We cannot go back to those days after we have finally gotten this far."

One of the other comm-stones Onderal had sent to Karov began to light up. Onderal had spent hours listening to recordings of voices for this moment. And it worked quite well. It was the greenfur Olgog who called himself Quartermaster.

Quartermaster of GulTor’Uf spoke slowly, “I wasn’t at the freezing of Bartsport, but my Uhryu was.
It was 12, about a dozen gogs, that worked together that killed many earthers, while trying to find the facilities to revive the leader of the Army of Eloga. He was assassinated by a Zela bullet, after an attack by Oners with the EEF using their technology to hide themselves among the oners. This idea that we can’t compete because they have technology is just an idea based in fear, when a dozen gogs coated a city with 3 inches of ice overwhelming the technology they had.

I don’t think you will make a good decision.

We have a red fur advocating killing with most others indicating some kind of fear to hold back. I don’t think these ideas are particularly compelling, especially to you. I do know of a group that have gathered that reject earther support completely, and they live at Fortress Hob Rhug Dol. My Uhryu will be able to introduce you to them, as he spoke to their leaders.

This is the first part of my offer, an introduction to a tribe that is working to build a true olgog nation, one that isn’t dependent or fearful of any earther group.

The second, what do you wish for these missiles? I will try and get you what you want in exchange for them.”

Before Onderal could counter Quartermaster’s absurd offer of what do you wish? He was interrupted by Kaloklur.
What Onderal wished was the old ways back, no Earthers on Refuge, and an end to upstart nations…but none of these wishes were his goals. His goals were far more mundane and direct.

Kaloklur said, “Oh don’t listen to Quartermaster, I’m sure once the tribe of Auf Lalyan’s tribe gets done with killing Kalok they will go and kill the rest of Gultor’uf. Probably with the help of the Deral collective.

Onderal, we have heard Auf Lalyan speak of Lurtor’s commitment to help his tribe with other races. What worries me is that he states things in half truths and earther like sayings. One that is particular with his words this is very telling. Other Races, not other tribes, not other olgogs, not peace for everyone shows who his tribe is concerned for. Likes Lurtor “works with” the EEF. What he isn’t telling you is that Lurtor is paid by the EEF to do there dirty work, an agent of VLAD. That he was down here with the infamous OtO during the day that he attacked Tlalocal.

Here Auf Lalyan claims in the same breath that the Mag Deral are terrorist. And yet we are here discussing spreading the blood of the Mag deral because of some sort of sickness that it contains. One that if the Mag Deral is told they are sick, the sickness inside of them forces it to become a killing machine.

How eather is it to call a sick gog a terrorist.

I pity the Mag Deral, I really do. The general response to the EEF claiming these are terrorist is many tribes driving the unknowing sick gogs from there homes. Only after driving the Mag deral away, the tribes stepped back and decided to see if anything was wrong. And even after knowing these gogs are just sick they keep the land of the Mag Deral ancestors.

How is it compassion to drive sick gogs from their home, label them terrorists (what a dirty earther word) and then claim the land for yourself?”

Auf Lalyan says "GulTor’Uf got it’s self attacked. We did nothing to help that. You cannot exist in a world without making allies or friends. And you definitely won’t last long if you make enemies of everyone.

You of Gultor’uf need to stop stating facts that you have wrong. Talk about half truths. OtO did his attack after Lurtor took refuges to safety. OtO actions are his. Stop trying to blame anyone else.

What we are talking about right now, is whether to commit an attack the will lead to all Olgogs destroyed, or work to protect all Olgogs.

This is not fear. This is a reality.

We need to make allies and not enemies. We do not want all Olgogs to end up like Gultor’uf when they attacked the only allies they had. Right now if the EEF is willing to be allies of the Olgogs, lets let them."

Kaloklur laughed cruelly, “I like this! Your hatred for Gultor’uf is so great that when another tribe something, you blame them!

See Onderal, this is what I am talking about. He does this things earthers do, called projection. Right now lalyan is projecting his idea that any vocal dissension is part of GulTor’uf.

Since I am dissenting against his opinion, I must be of Gultor’Uf tribe.

This has become so common, that I have heard other tribes say they can just blame Gultor’uf and they will get away with anything.”

Onderal noticed this slight from a “former” ally of GulTor’Uf. Strange game of politics the red fur was playing.

The Great Goblin King Urog kept quiet. He knew too much of Olgog politics to get involved too quickly. He sat, with two comm crystals in front of him. One belonging to Onderal. The other, the EEF. He wanted both to hear him.

“I am the Goblin King Urog, leader of the Great Northern Army and the Gang of the Uf Mag’og. And I hear many familiar voices, singing the same song over and over again. We fight, we bicker, we start wars against each other, we call each other names, we fight, shed blood, and threaten each other. It has been this way for thousands of years. And it will forever. The Earthers haven’t changed that, and they never will. Yes, the Earthers have caused us pain. And while we didn’t experience the horrors of the genocides, many of us have seen the Earthers at their worst. At the Great Uf they bombed us with gas and razed the ground with ka. And we fought back. We won. But it did not bring peace. Living together… that’s what brought peace. In our lands there is a town. Many have tried to destroy it, both olgog and Earther. But it stands. Every day. It gets destroyed and rebuilt and destroyed and rebuilt. Why? Because Earthers and Olgog work together there. It’s not just about coin and greed. They’ve come together time and again to protect something they both loved and believed in. It’s not perfect, but it’s a start. And it’s a good one.”

Urog paused, “Brezans are born to fight, and value og above all. We have hated Earthers more than most, and we live in the city that was the center of their destruction of the olgog. It was bathed in der’na, and ended their genocide of the olgog. We lived in it since then, mocking their attempts to destroy us all. We use their term Goblin and call ourselves Kings … mocking them. Brezans fight Earthers more than almost any other olgog.”

“And for 2000 years vengeance has only given us enough bloodshed to submerge Vima in blood. Vengeance is a poison that can never be sated. It changes nothing. Not for the olgog. Not for the Earthers. Turning the Earthers into mindless creatures with green ooze from the Tear Drop and the rest of us into haters of Earthers with Mag Der’al blood will not make Der’al better. All it does is remove free will from everyone. If you want vengeance - then come together and teach the Earthers how to be Mag Auf’s … remembering ourselves too, and make the Earthers regret it took them thousands of years to figure it out. Because everything I learned about Earthers and olgog living together taught me one thing: better does not start with hatred… it starts with acceptance and understanding.”

Then the unused Unen crystal activated.

“This is Urik do the Outcasts and I think Urog is right. I was also in he EEF for a time and I can tell you that most Earthers in the colonies don’t really care one way or another about what we do. They hold us no ill will. Sure Two thousand years ago was different and the Church or Ones people don’t know any better but that’s what they are taught.”

"An attack like this would be pointless and I can tell you why. Firstly your launchers would be destroyed from the air or orbit before the missiles even got to their targets. Once they got to their targets they’d probably be taken out or negated by local defenses anyway and if they did do any damage it would only be bad news for us.

But the best reason I can think of it not to do it is simple. Breaking earthers with leyas won’t show them to be monsters. It will only show what monsters we have allowed yourselves to become.

We lost just about everything because of the genocide I can’t deny that. But we’ve also built so much since then. Is it worth losing all of that for a petty revenge that won’t change a single thing in the past? When do we say enough is enough and let our own hatred and prejudice go?"

Valurk held the comm crystal in his hand as he paced around an empty room in the Lab. He listened very carefully to everything that was said. To the Ogog who wanted to attack the Earthers. To the Olgogs that egged him on. And to the Olgogs that pleaded for the attack to be called off.

To Valurk, it really didn’t matter. However, he knew of Krodnok’s wishes, his plans. This attack would go against those plans. However, Valurk wasn’t the greatest of negotiators.

So, he waited, and listened. He would gather intel, and report it to Krodnok.

Like so many across the Goblin Lands Valurk wanted the benefit of the information without the conversation necessary. Onderal could see the crystal he had sent to the Dead was still active and broadcasting. Someone was listening. Without the respect of joining the conversation.

He looked at every crystal that had not bothered speaking to him, and motioned to one of his Mag Der’al. A huge Olgog with a massive morningstar stepped forward and began crushing those who had not spoken at least once until only those who spoken to Onderal remained.

The Alchemist said, “Thank you for your time, Respected Leaders from across Der’al.
We have much work to do if we are to rise to equal the Earthers in their constructions.
But we must leave the many lands open to the Ferals who must choose their own path.”

What about the missiles wondered all who had listened.

“The Missiles are currently being loaded into special obscured containers for delivery to sites deep inside Earther Colonial territory. Urik was right. My simple alchemical designs cannot outrun their guided missiles, cannot dodge their laser turrets. I will need to detonate them inside the colonies, and blame their detonation on the Northern Kingdoms. This will cause a second Border War to ensue.

As the Northern Kingdoms and the Earthers finish each other off, we will claim this continent in the name of the Olgogs of Der’al. But as many of you said, we will not raise a hand in violence. Let them be violent upon themselves or they can choose peace and simply suffer in silence.”

“These weapons will NOT be detonated as long as my Mag Der’al are freed across the Goblin Lands,” said Alchemist Onderal as he stepped up onto his palanquin, “The deathmarks on their heads must be removed and they must be given freedom as normal citizens. No more pogroms against them.”

The palanquin rocked as it was lifted, and soon Onderal was on his way from the safehouse.
The typist ran after him, with a folio filled with wonderfully incriminating notes.

Behind them the house had begun to smoke and burn as the fire set inside consumed all traces of their time there. The comm crystals shattered.

As they reached the road outside, they could see the Unen Coast. It was a beautiful morning and the juvenile Ontor were swooping down upon the stalefish with a splash every few moments. A single Ontor, little longer than an arms-length, landed near them. Its tawny wings fluttered as its paws held the flopping stalefish down. A single bite from its fanged mouth tore out the fish’s belly, and even from here they all could hear the purr coming from it as it gorged.

Onderal leaned down to his Typist and said, “See that…the Ontor knows whats up. A good exercise, a good meal, a good rest make a good life.”

The Typist wiped his brow and asked, “Sir, what about the next part of the plan? When do we do it?”

“It is already underway,” replied Onderal, “As the others suggested, even the Auf Lal’al work with VLAD. A group calling itself VLAD offered to help us deliver the devices. So we get to simply rest and relax on a tropical island while the plan unfolds.”

“VLAD?” asked the Typist, hearing the name for the first time today.

“Yes, they said the Old VLAD always delivers on time,” said Onderal, not seeing the irony in his words, “They were run by a sweet young Olgog with silver capped tusks. Would have been quite handsome, but he had a bit of a deformation. Either the Mag Der’al will be freed or the Earthers will suffer. He promised us vengeance before the year is out.”

“Before the year is out.” whispered the Typist. He quickly used his fingers to tap a quick tattoo on a commcrystal hidden in his cloaks. As he did so the dots and dashes were transformed from Morse code into words and Anise spoke them out.

It was a distant base in Saragosa. Home to the New VLAD Agency. And as Anise translated, her superiors McMurphy, Te Te and Shinefox listened with rapt attention.

“OLD VLAD Operating in Goblin Lands. STOP. GATHERING FORCES. STOP. TRICKED MAG DER’AL into standing down. STOP. OLD VLAD in possession of REAVER SLIME and MAG DER’AL samples. STOP. Will continue under cover. STOP.”

McMurphy looked down at his desk in frustration.

“I think we may need a full scale Division south of the Border,” suggested Shinefox.

“Locals won’t allow it,” muttered Te Te.

“Then they are going to be facing a deadly serious problem,” said McMurphy.

Rewards

GulTor’Uf, Lalder, Or’Lur, Urik’s Outcasts, Gangs of Uf Mag’og, Ka Gor and Kolgol each gain one Alchemical Device of Unexpected Powers. Post to this thread to describe what type of Alchemical device you want. (as both GulTorUf and OtO posted to same mission, only GulTor’Uf gains reward)

Krodnok gains Knowledge of what went on in the Diplomatic mission but not the end as Varluk never spoke. He also gains three bars of alchemical silver (worth 50 ghaz each in trade value)

Here ends Goblin Lands Part 2.