Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission WEEK 17: Bo'gan and the Scars of the Militiagogs

The Armies of Eloga have subjugated all the rogue elements within the Kolgul Militia. Under Bo’gan’s guiding hand, the Kolgul militia have been used to put pressure on the remaining Dead of Unit 111 in the south. Their influence covers a large section of land between Brez and Tla’loc’al.

The hovertrain cuts through their territory and they could make life quite difficult for any tribe who earns their dislike.

However in an act of supreme graciousness, Bo’gan has created a pavillion tent on land between UtR and Elogan territory, accessible for all tribes (UtR or Otherwise). Bo’gan has also implied in his invites that specific individuals of great prowess might be wooed to act as hired soldiers for the Armies of Eloga.

A trio of feast tables have been set up. One holds Nanye pears and Gru’ie Bread. A second holds an entire Mak Hoblok deep fried and adorned with Yadol Bacon. And the third holds great bushels of urya leaves, and steins of ale and jugs of wine. And all were served by handsome and beautiful Olgogs of all genders.

Now that you have arrived how do you take advantage of this excellent networking event? Do you push the conversations at the event in favor of the Elogans supporting your tribe, or do you push the conversations for the Elogans to work against a specific mutual enemy (tribal or otherwise)?

Bo’gan is currently preoccupied by a zaftig Unense beauty, so will not be answering any direct questions. (the party is swirling around the cushions on which he and his lover and sitting and flirting).

Please be direct and clear about your own tribe or Merc’s opinions of the Army of Eloga and/or the Kolgul Militia.

Mission Rules

All other players may only make unlimited postings.
Other players may only act as if they have seen the action of the first player who posts.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

NO COMBAT MAY OCCUR IN THIS POST. NO ATTACKS. NO USING LEYAS ON ANY CHARACTER YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY CONTROL.

Open to all tribes and all mercs

This mission ends on Friday 28th February at 8.PM. E.S.T.

Bill’s fur ruffled in the wind as his legs swiftly brought him into camp, his scarf trailing behind him. The smudges of dirt made it hard to see, but that is the price of traveling hard. Onlookers saw Bill pull out a small canteen and a cloth, then start to groom himself. The cloth quickly became blacken with the amount of dirt coming from his fur.

He arrived early for once, the party was just starting to liven up. Here there were some gogs still bringing in seats, and the smell of something roasting was permuting the air. Several other gogs started to come, dressed in several different fashions, unen, talocols and a few others. Bill sat in a small cushioned chair, looking towards the center of the room.

Who should he talk to ? What should he say? Bill wondered? He sat for a bit, and decided to speak to everyone, but that the karovians and talocolinas were likely to be more receptive to his ideas. The Unens, he would have to focus on the autonomy part of his “System”. Brezans, if any show up , would be hard to speak with, perhaps he could find someone that could persuade them.

As the party started to pick up, Bill took a deep breath, and started to make his rounds.

OOC: Bill is going to talk about setting up a distribution goverment type system. Where the smallest government possible is responcible for it. Something happens in your tribe, your tribe takes care of it. something happens between tribes in the same area, then that area will take care of it, in there own manner (Brez fight it out,etc). If it is between tribes in two areas, then it would be a larger area tribal council of some sort.

This will lead to hard questions , probably about slavery. and the answer would be, if it is inside your own tribe, then it is for your tribe to decide. Even though bill has an issue personally.

Bill will also talk about how to build a better tribe, via sharing. He will talk about sharing food with the feral tribes near him, when they need it, and how the voluntarily reciprocate. How that the tribes are better feed because of it. And how the ferals are doing it with each other. And with how the food is taken out of the question, that the violence once participated for a tribe to survive is starting to die out. Using examples from GulTor’uf, he will show that sharing surplus supplies (not trade) can lead to a much better life for all.

Urog didn’t trust the armies of Eloga. He had subjugated the Kolgul Militia in one fell swoop, only to see them swept up and into the armies of Eloga. He didn’t like it. In fact, it was the absolute worst case scenario imaginable. So, Urog did the one thing any Brezan would do: check out his opponent. Size them up. See how to take them down.

Urog did not expect such a lavish feast with such an obviously distracted leader. He saw it as only thing: someone who wants to show off and make others beg for his help. Urog wasn’t buying. So if he wasn’t going to get a measure of the gog who would lead armies, he would see for himself who would beg for his favor. Unlike at other gatherings, he wasn’t going to make a big entrance or list off his titles. No audience, no introduction necessary.

So instead he would mingle. He would avoid the food, avoid the drinks, and keep to the background, observing the gathering.

Scribe sat and watched the interactions of the olgog leaders as he ate. As he watches he also mingles and points out the benifits of his runic work even giving small hints of some of his previus work. Either way this goes Scribe intends to get the best deal he can for his skills.

Lalder entered the tent area to look around. With such a large army in the middle of the UtR lands and just north of his own lands, it was good to at least checkout the neighbors, and if possible, keep relations neutral or better.

Lalder had heard about Bo’gan from Lalon and 3 others in his tribe who helped his quest to get their dead leaders body back. Lalder did hope that Bo’gan remembered that. But since this leader is not back, the body must not have been retrieved. Bo’gan also scooping up so many of the Kolgul Militia much like Lalder himself did witht he ex KM gogs. Lalder had got a good number of them, but that flow of Olgogs had stopped.

Then back to the now, Lalder checked out who was here. As Lalder was not a trusting gog, he still considered that meeting could even be a trap. Get a bunch of important Gogs in one place to take them all out.

Lalder would talk to those around. Feeling out the intentions and emotions the Elogans, especially those toward his tribe, the UrR and earthers. Lalder would talk of trade if brought up, as he already trades with a Tribe allied with the krato. He was wearing Armorfiend hide vest and cloak already. Those resources were very useful to him.

Most importantly, Lalder’s opinion was that both the UtR and the Army of Elogan could co-exist, each providing secure borders for the other. A Mutual benefit. One less thing to worry about. Lalder did hope this worked as he did not want to go back to fighting them like the Kolgul Militia. But he had his doubts. Recruiting drives typically had one goal.

(OOC this is just my intro into this thread, I expect later specific conversations, and Lalder is open to them.)

Om’Me Ghang had travelled hard from Unen. But he heard there was a feast, and he wanted in. He also heard that sellswords were available. Since he was a nomad, and his gig in Unen was boring, he trekked over to see what all the fuss was about the armies of Eloga.

He was pleasantly surprised. Food, girls, and tribal leaders. He had a chance to impress. He knew the Goblin King Urog by sight, but Urog did not know him. He thought it best to keep it that way. He had also learned of Lalder, but also ignored him. Best keep his connections to his friends unknown.

So, there was a party. He was bored because the only person he wanted to talk to was otherwise entertained. So he pulled out his lute and started playing a tune. As he did, he danced a jig. As he danced and played, he made a few fruits levitate around his body in circles. At some point, because it’s not a party until everyone dances, he levitated the lute, caused the air to pluck it’s strings, grabbed one of the serving girls and started dancing with her, making the fruit dance around them both. How’s that for a first impression?!

One of the partygoers, an Olgog that the others recognize as Oliver, seemed to be going down to each guest and greeting them in the name of the Armies of Eloga. He didn’t stay to talk but he offered everyone a choice of two stone, one grey and one red.
“Dear Guest, we are trying to decide if we should offer sanctuary to other mercs and sellswords who need a home. If you are interested in us putting aside tent space for you, please deposit the white space in one of the two vases by the entrance. If you wish to offer your services as mercs for hire, for pay in goods and gear, then please place the red stone in the vase by the entrance.
Also please try the Maklaltla, it is a fine vintage.”

All Leyas sight and attempts to discern if the stones are artificed will prove, without a doubt, they are just plain stones because that is what they are.

Om’Me Ghang didn’t miss a beat. He dropped a fruit into his, kept his rhythm and levitated the other fruits to other patrons of the party. He then chose two red stones and two grey stones and had the leyas juggle them for him. He then moved them around the two jugs. He danced his way over to the vases by the entry way. “So which is going to be? Hmmmm?!?!?”

The olgog made a show of it all, threatening to drop one stone or the other into a vase. He then juggled them some more, going higher and higher above his head, until a rather buxom olgog passed him by. He looked a little to hard, and dropped the stones over himself. “Oh, it seems I was distracted.” He laughed heartily, picked up a red stone and put it in the appropriate vase. He then levitated the other stones back where they belonged, with one exception. A grey stone suddenly found it’s way into the cleavage of a certain buxom olgog. “That’s what I call sanctuary! Yes, please!”

Yalar Took, matronly mak’ab of the Venerable Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab was nominated to attend the feast set forth by Bo’gan and the armies of Elonga. The morning of she saw Onigor with Gor’Lallur practicing his totem rituals. Onigor and Gor’ Lallur had been placed together many times working on missions for the tribe. Since then, they had become good friends and now that friendship was takinga new twist as lovers, caring for one another and enjoying whatever time spent together. Unknown to Yalar or even Gor’Lallur, Onigor was communing with the great spirit of raghe for the healing and caring qualities that left the user immune to the effects of summoning or mind control. Onigor had spent much time talking things over with the tribe uhryu, Zhgog’ol Maklur concerning the change of personally and temperament to Kalok’ Lallur, the twin of his new mate. It was his plan to commune with this spirit that would protect him from the same fate as Kalok’ Lallur(who would soon be on trial for his dealings against the tribe) and accompany Yalar Took to the feast.

The two would enter taking time to greet Bill of GulTor’ Uf a neighbor of the Karovian lands, Urog of the Gangs of Uf Mag’og and Lalder of Auf Lal’al. They would take notice of the supremely gracious feast provided by Bo’gan knowing of the feral raidings, and his preoccupied display. They kept in mind that when there was a moment they wished to know about the tactics Yoag of the Kolgul Militia employed to “win over” both Kalok’ Lallur and Og’ Lokkol. They wished to show a good display for their tribe, while learning as much as they could. With Bill, Yalar Took would mention the recent problem with ferals, “We had set out a feast of our own, inviting any who wished to join our ways open acceptance and the message was received. There were some that joins, but most have gone on to raid others. It would seem that you have had a better interaction with them, and may want to work with these ferals before the continued raiding becomes a larger diplomatic problem.” She would then talk with Urog and Lalder, “It is horrible what has gone on at the home forge, it is most unfortunate that our tribals did not heed Yagogi’al’s warning of entering the area. Have your tribes made any decisions or arrangements to take actions to help those that are trapped within?”

Urog looked at the Karovian. “Not the time and or the place to discuss the k’iou. It’s time to learn about the Elogans. It’s their party.”

Urog would step away and mingle with Elogans, asking about their lives and daily struggles, wanting to learn about what they stand for. No judgment in conversation and inquisitive. If possible, talk to Oliver.

The Dimension Walker entered the tent wearing extravagant red silk and red leather, the finest from all of Unen. His boots shined with a fresh polish. His red fur was groomed, and freshly perfumed (a ginger rosewater perfume with undertones of musk to attrack the ladies). He greeted all as, “Vellum, Master Pyromancer, educator at a small school for Olgogs in the south.”

He would make sure to whisper to Oliver as he walks by, “I have an army of Pyromancers in the south, who need only be called upon by the Elogans and we will answer that call. An alliance between my Army of the True Flame and your master Bo’gan. As long as you don’t hold my reddish fur against me.”

When he hears that Bill’s government will allow them to keep slaves he asks him, “Uhryu Bill, I like this plan of a distribution government. My Army of the True Flame hopes to one day be part of a system like you describe. I know some of our older students could even provide some muscle to protect the borders of such a nation. But i am concerned about certain things. I know our hosts the Elogans, may they be blessed for their generosity, often keep Armorfiends and Swordfiends as slaves. Will the trade in these slaves be allowed in the new nation you mention?”

He would toss a red stone in and keep an eye on who paid attention to that.

Urog paid real close attention to the red fur that walked in. It has been some time since a red fur made their way this far north. Especially when he started talking to Bill. Bill didn’t know that this was essentially how the United Tribes ruled. He wasn’t going to say anything… Yet.

In the mean time, he continued to chat with Elogans, sharing pleasantries.

Lalder softly says to Yalar “I do agree with Urog about not the time. My one statement on it is the only gog of mine that is in there was talking trade. Much like what I’m doing here. But it is lucky for the Homeforge that he is there, as If he can help, he will.”

Lalder will continue to roam as well. Figuring out what trade might be available. This was a ugfold purpose. Lalder was serious about trade as if someone needs you, they are less likely to attack. It could be a way to establish a neutral or good relationship between the two powers.

But also, if you know what someone is short on, it will be the first thing they try to conquer or steal. And that is what will need to be reinforced. But today was for him to learn about this army and people.

Overhearing Bill always annoyed Lalder. Bill did seem ideas about tribes relations, but with Different words. Lalder thought it could be difference in execution that might cause the rift that exists between himself and Bill even though they did think similarly. Now was not the time to talk to Bill either.

Oh well he thought as he continued to the next group.

Dar’ab and Kor’ya walk into the feast which has been in progress for a while. They looked around at all the Gogs chatting and kinda walked around them making their way to the food. Dar’ab turned to Kor’ya “No like here, too many.”
Kor’ya shook his head, “Food here, quiet now and put in bag of shadow space Rapi give us. I distract. Quiet, no get caught.”

Kor’ya would go to people around the most appatizing looking food and begin speaking to them about the history of his tribe to distract them. “Many time before, Tor’Lallur many. Old story say live in great Gog place with much much Gogs. We simple Gogs, pray Gods of cracking noise with big drum. We live pretty good life. Then Reshed Gor show up, kill many Gogs (Kor’ya makes great gestures to try to get attention) Gogs die in ditch, die in road, die in pile of other Gogs. No pretty good life…cause dead. Tor’Lallur run like all Gog run, hide like other Gog hide. Gor find, kill more, many much time Tor’Lallur run. Many much time Tor’Lallur die. Then find, cave in which hide no Gor find. At first. Tribe sick, tribe still die when no Gor kill. Tor’Lallur make hole to toss dead in. Also make water and waste, convenient hole. Hole get more fill, bodies start to melt, rather Gross at time we hear. Then Gor find, Gor attack. Tor’Lallur fight but look like no win. We flee to hole, Gor follow. That when happen. We get strong while Gor get weak. Pit consume Gor, and some Tor’Lallur. In end few Tor’Lallur live, but no Gor live. From day on, We know Pit save us. We repay it, forever.”

While people are distracted by the story Dar’ab will try to subtlety get as much food as he can into his shadow cocoon, then without worrying about what this meeting is about they shall leave.

If Uhryu bill replies then Vellum will continue chatting.

Tor’lallur tribal story spoke to a part of the Dimension walker. A place of shared pain.

“What is your name?” And if told would respectfully address him with it, “I think your tribe would be a good addition to the nation I propose we would between the Army of the True Flame, the Elogans and your tribe and any other unaligned tribe who requires a fair social contract where your own nation grows by its own merits or failures.”

“I Kor’ya of Tor’Lallor, I speak from heart” Kor’ya would bang his fist into his chest. Then he would pause and look really confused “What social contract mean?”

The guards at the tent heard something from a shadowy rock. Both were KGM as they approached something horrible stepped out and interrogated them.

Into the tent a monster, taller and more muscular than any olgog had a right to be the olgogs fur was a sickly pale green. Jutting bone spurs protruded from its skin in places. Its head looked like it was half boney kolgul and half olgog. A long rat like tail whipped impatiently as it listened to the conversation. The militias role as vassal for the Elogan’s suited him for now. The militia would become disciplined on the front and when the time came they could bite the hand that feeds, a kolgul wasn’t a tsoga and loyalty to those outside the swarm could never truly be earned.

“I am the Raider Captain of the nightssss.” He hissed pounding a massive claw against the wooden toque of the militia he wore. He declared it more to the elogan and militia guards than any other party present. “Da militia grows strong from the Elogansss. We fight and grow strong while the other tribes grow fat and weak.”

“I pledge my alliegance to Bo’gan. I am taming the feral landsss with these clawsss.” He said holding up his gnarled claws, “And these fangs.” He said running his forked tongue over his jagged maw. “They will one day make a fine edition to the militia.” He hissed smiling maliciously holding. “Grow fat and weak tribessss.” He spat motioning to the buffet.

He stalked over to talk to a pale looking militiaman who whispered, “You’re…you’re dead.”

The Yagogi present, Yalar Took and Onigor were making the most of the parties guests and conversations. Onigor in particular was in an awkward spot, everyone else in attendance was an elder or highly respected member of their distinguished tribe. He was a brave tribal, a totem student and acting Aufgog because of his friendship with Maggul. His friend was being well groomed for some position of honor, but Onigor was out of his league. He had just walked into them as a means of accompanying Yalar Took, and gog, he was really in for it now. He noticed Zhgog’ol Maklur, his tribe uhryu stepping out from a shadow almost undoubtly after communing with the totem spirit of growling and approach Yalar Took. Zhgog’ol spoke abruptly with her, making several gestures that really had Onigor confused. The elder uhryu, greeted fellow members from the UtR and then with Yalar Took started making his way over to Onigor.

Zhgog’ol spoke rapidly and hushed, “Something has happening, and I have come for Yalar Took as I will be needing her expertise with herbalism. Stay here, enjoy the rest of what is going on and try not to get into too much trouble. We will meet you back at the tribal grounds.” Then he bowed his head to his student and went off with Yalar Took using the nearest shadow.

Onigor, now alone tried to make small talk. He spoke, “I don’t really get this, the Armies of Elonga took over what was left of the Kolgul Militia? I had heard of Bo’gan and Yoag, not entirely sure who did what though? How do the Armies of Elonga differ? Do they use the same recruitment tactics, and how do their get their militiagogs so passionate to their cause.” And Onigor knew he was in well over his head, just great!

“Kor’ya, a social contract is an important part of any group. It is the agreement by which social interactions occur. From your pit story, the previous social contract was irregular and lacking. It did not even support your tribe internally. With this new social contract your right to worship this pit would be ensconced as a necessary right of the new nation. My soldiers right to worship the True Flame would be equally protected.
Together our tribes would defend each others right to worship againts outside forces of prejudice.”

Kor’ya listened then the confused look came back. “What ensconced?” Shaking his head “Not sure want. Too big, but will try. Will help bring knowing of Pit to all. You bring Flame to all.”