Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Mission WEEK 16: A Party at Simonsburg

After defeating a Church of One Siege, the people of Simonsburg are celebrating.
Their leadership is overjoyed. The legend of Gul’al grew when she arrived to lead the Brezan Cavalry for the battle and then disappeared again, telling Simonburg they had to rule themselves.
A feast began, and Eve, the High Healer of Simonburg invited all factions from across the Goblin Lands to come to Simonsburg and peacefully speak about the future and their mutual teamwork against the dangerous zealots.

It was a beautiful manorhouse where Eve threw the party, and tables were piled high with Mal’ie steaks and Binber wine shipped from the Colonies to the north.

Now that you have arrived how do you take advantage of this excellent networking event?

Mission Rules

All other players may only make unlimited postings.
Other players may only act as if they have seen the action of the first player who posts.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

NO COMBAT MAY OCCUR IN THIS POST. NO ATTACKS. NO USING LEYAS ON ANY CHARACTER YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY CONTROL.

Open to all tribes and all mercs

This mission ends on Friday 14th February at 8.PM. E.S.T.

(OOC just looking to start this off, Lalder is here at the party looking for Urog, Shirley for the rebuilding. If I understand this thread correctly, this is a post as much as you like thread :slight_smile: )

Auf Lalder was still in Simonsburg following the battle to protect the city. He wished to help rebuild the city and build real buildings in place of the tent city. He was looking to find the gogs and earthers in the leadership to see what they thought of his ideas and if the wished for his help.

Lalder thought to himself that Simonsburg must succeed, so much of the Olgogs future rested on it as it is an example that Olgogs and earthers could live together in equal numbers. Not just with the few Olgogs in the colonies.

Bringing himself back to the here and now, Lalder looked for the others he wished to speak to.

Shirley had a good week. Urog didn’t kill her, she got to meet the Mightiest Chieftan Gul’al, and then beat the pulp out of their gor with Gul’al at her side. Too bad Gul’al had no interest in ruling. Shirley understood that well, and Urog did a good job in Gul’al’s place, but it wasn’t the same. Now here she was, playing the diplomat again, wanting only to beat people’s heads in. Shirley knew that Simonsburg was Urog’s dream, not Gul’al’s. And since she wasn’t in Urog’s good graces yet, she stuck around for Eve’s party.

Luckily, Tla’al was there to serve as Shirley’s interpreter. The young female Ur Rhug got along well with the Earthers, so it made sense. Shirley hated talking, but at least Lalder was around. She liked the little guy (despite the fact that he was not, in fact, little).

She smiled, and went over to Lalder. She threw her arm around him and pulled him close to her. “Hey dere!! Ain’t it great how Earthers an’ Olgog came together here?! I knew Urog was righ’ when he said this would work!!” She grabbed some meat and tore into it using her free hand.

Lalder smiled, though sometimes hard to understand, Shirley was a great Olgog. Blunt and straight to the point. A trait that Lalder liked about the Brez.

Lalder responded "It was great to see everyone working in the defence of Simonsburg. And even better to see so many more earthers join it. And you Brezians have done a great job working and living with the Earthers here. And that is why I fear the Oners won’t stop with the one attack.

I wish to help personally with the rebuilding. I had an idea of what to build in place of the tent city, if you and yours would like it. My Stone Leyas has gotten even stronger over the year. Like the walls of Simonsburg that I rebuilt during the battle, I can create large and thick walls. I was thinking one of these walls could be built in a spiril inward where the tent city used to exist. Once it exists for at least a day, then gogs can carve out buildings and streets out of it. Much like we do below ground.

With Care, this area would be very reinforced and defensible, but also make good living areas. And it could be built quickly. I could divert some of my gogs with Earth leyas or artifacts to help in this remodeling of the outer city.

Also I think we could make shelters ever so often underground for the non warriors during seiges.

I’m sorry I’m so bad at relaxing, What do you think?"

(OOC Lalder is talking about using Earth Leyas 5 to build the wall to start with. And then Tunneling, etc from earth leyas to mold the wall into housing and carve streets out.)

Shirley chucked. Lalder really couldn’t stop thinking. It was a party, and she was determined to make him enjoy it. She grabbed a chalice, remnant from the Church of One’s rulership, filled with Binbir wine and thrust it into Lalder’s chest. “'Dis is how we relax. AH HA HA HA!” She took another for herself and chugged it down in one gulp, grabbed another and offered to toast with Lalder.

“Less talk, more drink! Else, I’m going to have to give you something a little stiffer, if ya know what I mean!! AH HA HA!”

After the battle of Simonsburg, Krodnok had left town, first stopping in at the Church and giving instructions. Part of those instructions were to make an appearance at the ‘party’, and mingle…

So, here she was. Na’z’ez stood alone near one of the walls. She had already said hello to Eve, and was now just observing those who were gathered.

She smoothed out the front of her black cloak and looked around. Even away from the crowd, she stood out. Her red fur had greyed, as happens to Dead Olgogs, so she was now a light red. Her eyes hadn’t faded, however, and were still as dark red as the day she had died. Now, those eyes were scannng the room, watching everyone else.

That was the second half of Krodnok’s instructions… Watch the interactions of those assembled, and ‘play’ diplomat. So, here she was. Na’z’ez was following instructions. She was waiting, and watching.

An olgog, appearing to be of Karovian descent, entered the manor hall. He wore, however, colors representing the Great Northern Army, but otherwise unadorned except for a traveller’s robe that was dusty but otherwise unstained.

As he walked around, he saw the Warmonger’s Dead from the corner of his eye, but ignored it for now and proceeded to Shirley, who was technically her ‘leader.’ She was just about to approach the large Brezan when she threatened to give Lalder something stiffer. Yigog missed the context, but he figured now wasn’t a good time to interject. So instead he mingled with other folk, introducing himself as “Yigog from the Clan of the Falling Heavy Rock, member clan of the Great Northern Army.”

Shortly after a small entourage, three in total paraded in following the suit of the previous Karovian. The first, a familiar face around the lands and now proudly showing off the image of a model Karovian. Yayi the Trumpeter cried out, “Hereyah, hereyah allow me to introduce all. Now enters strategist lord Maggul representing the Venerable Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab, and coucil member of the United Tribes of Der’al.” The second, this young tribal entered bowing low before Eve and the rest of the assembled guests, for this was a great event and he was jubilant to be meeting behalf his tribe on an occasion as such, Yayi the Trumpeter nodded at the proceedings and continued, “Lord Maggul is joined by a recent addition to the tribe, Bazman who brings a gift from the Yagogi.” The great Bazman, a courageous hulking goblin king otherwise known just as the boss man, entered newly fitted as one of the Yagogi. He too entered, glancing the panel with a bow and offering a blessed sword to the High Healer. And like that, all arose and collected themselves.

Maggul stated," My Lord Zh’gor’ab Yagogi’al the Og’ab wishes we could have been a bigger help in the recent proceedings here in Simonsburg. He wishes for only the best between this settlement and our tribe. He would have liked to be here himself but private tribal matters have his hands tied, as we are reaching out to the distant shores to rectify the situation. We thank you for housing this event." With that Maggul headed over to join with Auf Lalder and Shirley, while Bazman and Yayi the Trumpeter chatted, while keeping an eye on the event.

Tla’al chuckled, biting her lip not to laugh out loud. She was hating the party, not liking having to look “decent”, stuck with prissy elders who in about an hour would start commenting on how she was coming into shape and would be ready to bear children. Some would eventually be stupid, and get touchy. She didn’t want to have to break anyone’s face tonight. Shirley would not like it, and the crazy Brezan elder would end up destroying the manor. Plus, it was just SO much energy into the whole thing.

But it wasn’t a complete drag, because what would probably be the best part just happened: someone actually gave Eve a sword. Walked in, pomp and circumstance, not at all paying attention to what was actually happening, and gave an Earther girl that was not even old enough to bear children and weapon. Meanwhile, her parents were out home, freaking out that their poor child was thrust into the soul of their town, throwing parties, and acting as host for a tea party of big hairy green monsters. It was too much, and Tla’al almost drew blood on her lip as she stifled her laugh. To Eve’s credit, she handled it all well, despite being completely unsure of how to handle herself when someone handed her a weapon the size of her torso.

Although it was probably just Karovian custom, they were not alone in not realizing Eve’s current situation. Most of Simonsburg’s residents often forgot Eve was just a child. Even among the Brezans she would be considered too young to be considered Ur Rhug, but she carried the heart of the town. Her singular defiance of the Church of One, and then coming to her own as a master Healer was too much for the Earthers of Simonsburg to ignore. They took her for way more than she was, which was, in Tla’al’s opinion, a common Earther trait. Lucky for Eve, she handled it all well and barely recognized the enormity of that responsibility.

The urge to laugh subsided when she saw Eve look confused, the way a child does when an adult gives them a task they have no idea how to accomplish. Tla’al, in that moment, made a promise to herself: she would always make sure the responsibility of Simonsburg would never swallow Eve whole. In that moment, while keeping an eye on Shirley’s fifth drink, walked over to Eve. Tla’al winked, smiled, and took the sword from her. She whispered to the young girl, “May you never have to wield it. And if ya do, I’ll be the one who teaches you how to do it.” She patted the young girl on her back and handed the blade over to the Earther who swore to Eve’s parents that he would keep her out of harm. Nice guy, but completely clueless with his vacant, crystal clear blue eyes, bright smile, and golden blond hair. The man’s name escaped Tla’al, but he was sincere in his desire to protect Eve, so she allowed it.

Tla’al then returned to the background, making sure Eve was the center of attention, even though Shirley’s booming laughter threatened to take everyone’s attention. Shirley’s going to get me in trouble tonight if she don’t stop throwing those drinks back…

Lalder took the drink from Shirley as he wasn’t worried since poisons didn’t stay in his system for long. And he knew better than to try and turn down a drink from her. So Lalder will take the drinks Shirley offers and continue any small talk. (OOC, Lalder is being friendly, just don’t want to put in the small talk)

Lalder also watched over the exchanges with Eve and the Tla’la. It brought a smile to his face, It was good to see Eve being protected. One so young with too much responsibility.

Lalder says to Maggul “What is it that has your elder so concerned?”

Maggul thought to himself for a second, this was not meant to bring down the festivities so he had to plan this out just right. Maggul had played the politics game fairly well, but he was not stranger to kicking back to celebrate. He had done his job for his tribe, and knowing what he did of the council trusted that Shirley was just the olgog he needed to keep to good times going. “Is this not a feast? Shirley, doll you definitely know what would hit the spot best, why not get some drinks strong enough to really celebrate.”

With Shirley away getting drinks that would possibly get all the gogs as wrecked as she herself was, Maggul kept a stagnant grin on his face as if it were just light airy conversation. Beginning with a nearly inaudible sigh, but still keeping his face looking jovial, Maggul stated “After all of the warring and defending of the olgog ways, the tribe has grown much nearly four times what we had. Although at the same time, not everything seems copacetic and tribe members have been lost to the Kolgul Militia and even worse lost to the distant shores. Yagogi’al wonders how deep these ties may run,” and with this his face became naturally animated as Shirley was making her way back with drinks.

After driving back the Church of One siege on Simonsburg, Lord Mada decided to stay for the celebration. Accompanying him were his nightmare penguins (unarmed and outside of their armor, of course) who waddled around and made “conversational” squawks at various others. His intentions here were to take credit for the aid he provided against the Church of One with the small army that he controlled, namely; his War Dragon. This is Lord Mada’s attempt to advertise himself to the people of the Goblin Lands, showing his power that was for hire.

Lord Mada will mainly be recounting his support in defending the city (with embellishments, of course) unless someone speaks directly to him.

Shirley was having a good time. The Karovian was feeding her drinks and she had no qualms taking 'em. The more she drank, the huggier she got, pulling gog close to her, laughing and touching. She ignored the comment about being a doll, working desperately not to flare up in rage and destroy the one who said it to her. Thankfully, Tla’al reminded her with a stern look to be on her best behavior. She stayed behind, with Auf Lalder, as Shirley went to get more drinks.

Shirley, however, got distracted when the nightmare penguins made their way into the party. She had heard of their efforts in defending the city, but hadn’t gotten to see them. She quickly ran over to one, trying to grab and hug it as if it were a play thing. She cried out, “Well ain’t you a cute little thing. Come give momma a hug!” Tla’al looked over, and calmly put her face into her palm as Shirley tried to paw at the nightmare penguin. “This won’t end well,” Tla’al said under her breath.

((ooc - Lord Mada, feel free to have the penguins react as you see fit. If you’d “let them” she would lift them up and squeeze, really hard. She has STR of 8… you decide the consequence)).

Maggul took the moment to notice Tla’al and introduce himself, "Well hello, I know I’ve have come across you while you assisted Shirley in the past but never really had the chance to talk. I am Maggul of the Nomadic Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab. I have had the privilege of working alongside Shirley several times now, and she certainly is an exceptional warrior and girl. I can admire the hard work you put in for Shirley as well as your entire tribe.

I was interested in obtaining several brezan stalkers. I would then need to learn how to ride and more importantly, how to care for the animal. I am hoping that this might be something you could help in making happen. I’m fairly certain some sort of trade or payment can be made for your assistance. Please let me know if this is something you can take care of for me."

(OOC: Not sure how this would end up Morgothian faith ability vs. ngithmare slavers, leaving things up to the narration)

Sir Mag’Nrs had traveled from the Unen region hoping to meet up with an ally. Though this had nothing to do with religion or his people, he thought this might be a good public forum to meet up with his ally, plus it might take him one step closer to finding out more about himself. He quietly walked in, making no formal announcements to find one of Krodnok’s forces along the wall. He took up position next Na’z’ez, knowing that she had some controls over nightmares herself, “Here, watch this.” As the big burly Olgog chased after one nightmare penguin trying to hug it and squeeze it to death, Sir Mag’Nrs used his faith to line up the other penguins on the bar and make them do a little funky dance- think hokie electric chain followed by the monkey, and the sprinkler, and flat out break dancing etc. While guests are being entertained, Mag’Nrs will inquire “So how goes things with our pets?”

Na’z’ez narrowed her eyes and glanced at Mag’Nrs. “I do apologize, and I don’t mean to be rude, but I don’t believe that we have met.” She turned back to watch the penguin dance that was taking place. “I’d say that you have me confused for someone else, but it’s tough to do that with my kind,” she said. “What, with us being Dead, and all.”

She then fully turned to face Mag’Nrs. “Also, I personally don’t leave the church that often. I tend to stay there and teach. So, I’m going to have to ask you to please be a bit more specific with your inquiry. I do warn you, however, that, even then, I may not be able to give you the information you seek.”

Sir Mag’Nrs was somewhat taken aback; here he was at a celebration he didn’t rightfully belong at basically on his own searching for answer to the past and looking for allies and/or followers. This was one of the followers of Krodnok, out of her normal element but fresh out from the church and she said she didn’t know what was going on. What, do they not talk to each other? All he could compare it to was what he knew of, the brotherhood of the Morgothian paladins.

He took another moment to think what he wanted to say and then his charming paladin training took over; " Oh my, I’m sorry for the confusion. I am Sir Mag’Nrs of the Morgothian Paladins. I was inquiring to how things were progressing in the hunt for falsewyrms, as I answered the call of your scouts and provided the assistance in the hunt. I know that there was experimentation; how if any does this correlate with what you do? If you do not mind me asking,what is it that you teach?"

During the proceedings, a smooth party attender slipped in. Or at least he would have if he didn’t insist on prancing about in plate mail and a sable cape. He had of course, disarmed and had even taken off his showy tournament style great helm, showing a cheery youthful looking man in his mid twenties. He stuck near the edge of the party, scoping out who was there and whatnot. He hadn’t even really left the town after the great battle some time previous, but he was keen to remind everyone of his important role in it. Whether it was his astonishing control over fire leyas which saved half the city from burning, or his mighty blade which hewed down 30 paladins and a dozen striders, his exaggerations were only limited by his wit.

But of course, people would certainly want to know the name of this hero, this paragon of good, and he was not one to deny people a name to idolize. He was of course, Blake Jorn Ar’Lash of the noble house Ar’Lash, of which they had undoubtedly heard of. He had come to recount his tales of valor with the other heroes gathered at the party, and even offer his services to boot. He avoided the man with the penguins, as there was dreadful rumor about a man named Black Lorne Harlas, who was of course in no way affiliated with the noble house of Ar’Lash, who had been mistaken for Blake when he was in the company of said penguin owner. Blake was of course, content to simply move about the party talking to other patrons, at least as long as they didn’t ask too many questions…

“Ah. I see. I am Na’z’ez,” she said, bowing. “And I serve as a priestess here in Simonsburg at the church of the Devotion. I teach the story of Krodnok, I spread the word, so to speak. As far as his experiments, I’m not sure, but I’m sure he got what he needed. He normally does. Now, I don’t mean to be rude. However, lab-work isn’t my concern, so I tend not to ask about it.”

She looked back at those who were assembled. “I apologize for not being more helpful. Now, are there any other questions you’d care to ask?”

“Well I thank you for your honesty, good priestess Na’z’ez. I do not mean to offend or pry, or waste your time. I am just feeling somewhat would of place here, as I have no part in the battle that took place and of recent actions. It is a pleasure to have talked to you. I can let you get back to what you were doing;” with that Sir Mag’Nrs would give a bow and attempting to make the nightmare penguins start playing tag waddling after each other.