Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Event: The Mistrial of Gorkaog the Pit Mongrel

I, Scribe, Quartermaster of the Armies of Eloga pen this, my last journal entry into what is and has been the log books I was commissioned to maintain during my employment. I believe I completed the task of Quartermaster with skill, and patience, despite absurd obstacles and leadership unwilling, and often unable, to understand my train of thought.
I pride myself on being of words, and over the last forty eight hours I have learned quite how dangerous misunderstanding of words can be.

Forty eight hours ago I had just returned from Karov.

Despite my orders to the contrary, orders given to all Elogans and KGM allies by Oliver, I had gone to Karov. I went there to help the GulTor’Uf, whom I felt were being wrongly targeted by the Der’al Collective. I had spent nearly a week on the borders of the GulTor’Uf lands, making sure runic wards and lightning would greet any who would bring violence to the peaceloveing GulTor’Uf. It did little.

Balgog Mercs burned the GulTor’Uf settlement to the ground.

I had a crisis of faith at that moment, but I would not realize it until days later. Yesterday in fact, when I arrived to act as official scribe for the Der’al Collective.

After a usual set of introductions, the trial was interrupted by an Uthvelor Child. She gave testimony that the accused, Gorkaog, had done this crime. Of course she asserted she used her curse to gain this information, and none would need to disprove it because the accused admitted to the crime. The accused was a Red Fur Olgog, a pit mongrel, and unused to either Earther trials or Council tribunals like those used by the Children of the Falosini. He was quite unused to civilized behavior in general.

During opening ceremonies he began by offending my gods. I still struggled that the asgardians hadn’t protected the peaceloving GulTor’Uf, and I am not sure if that affected my emotional reaction. Hearing how this Red Fur burned the corpses of the innocent Karovian Uhryus, it offended my honor. It wasn’t fair, and it wasn’t right.

So I had called upon Lord Foresti, adjudicator of justice, son of Baldyr, and all around good god.

And the god had suggested an Earther method of paying back the value of the lives taken to those who had suffered the loss. But the idea was not comprehended by many of the Olgogs present, and instead the focus came upon Foresti himself. I, Scribe, was aware that many didn’t respect the asgardians, often using terms like Kulieks to disparage the mythic beings. But in my faith, I knew they were real.

The bickering between the different representatives got worse, when a representative of the Kingdom of Wintermute tried to draw parrellels between Gorkaog’s actions, and Oliver’s actions on the battlefield. I didn’t support Oliver’s choice, and I proudly state that in writing.

But in speaking out against the policy of granting final death to enemies, I engaged in words with my superior officer Bo’gan. I didn’t realize at the time I was in public, and not just in public but acting as official scribe of the hearing. I honestly wasn’t thinking about those things. I knew a certain type of honor, and granting final death to those held as prisoners was not part of it.

Gorkaog’s fate was never decided. Arguments persisted until the end. Gorkaog is being held by Kaloklur of GulTor’Uf until the matter can be decided by the UtR and Der’al Collective.

As this is the official record as I have experienced it, I had thought I’d be able to keep my position within the Der’al Collective while making a conscientious stand against the act of final death. I quickly learned that wasn’t the case. As my final log, I know some may say I acted rashly. And I did. I will learn from this for future endeavors.

He let his pen withdraw and marked his symbol. Rising he left the plans for the unfinished armor on the nearby table with the logs he had created for the Elogans and the Der’al Collective.

He left the tower, with his own items, and prepared for the long journey to the Deryyan Mountains to the south.

He saw Adept and Witch of GulTor’Uf waiting for him. It would be a long journey and he hoped to find more company soon enough. First they would return to Scribe’s arena to gather more allies for the challenges ahead.

Rewards

UtR and DC forge a mutual pact to not-final death each other’s soldiers on the field of battle, as long as the soldiers are clearly dressed as soldiers of either faction.

Ka Gor Tribe gains The Dimension Walker’s Deception is a success. The Dimension Walker now has drawn full Quall Support to the Ka Gor Tribe. However in doing so he has lost the rank of Elder of the Ka Gor Tribe. Og’Na has now been raised to rank of Pit Mongrel Elder and can be used as an elder in elder only missions. However she also is blamed for the Dimension Walker’s crimes against the GulTorUf. As no firm decision was agreed for Gorkaog, Gorkaog was remanded into the custody of the GulTor’Uf Kaloklur until a punishment is decided.

Scribe gains OMG I HAD A BAD DAY AT WORK, Lucky despite all obstacles life goes on.
Loses all rank and benefit within Armies of Eloga and Der’al Collective.
Gains Respect of Friendship of GulTor’Uf.
Loses all abilities with Rune and Rune-based benefits (until Week 24 Heroic Mission: The Giants who Enslaved the Clouds, where he may either regain the power of Loki, choose a different Asgardian to follow, or choose another path)
Gains Guidance of Foresti (Foresti the Fair may be summoned in one future mission to aid against an injustice, may not be used in the the Week 24 The Giants Who Enslaved the Clouds.

All other characters gain Gorkaog’s Mistrial. All Olgogs present now understand the Earther idea that if a Trial is biased (based on staff involved) the trial is not a valid trial. This may be used to their Role playing advantage in future missions against the Earthers.

All characters also gain One Small Bag of the Ashes of the Uhryus of GulTor’Uf. This bag may be used to make blessed ammunition. 25 shots of ammo of choice (manportable). Does x2 dmg to Undead, Vampyrs, Bandits, and Nightmares. This ammunition is also does No A.R. Dmg to demonic targets.
This is a one time unique reward for taking part in this mission.