Goblin Lands 2 Diplomatic Event 20: An Article of Faith

Dar’ab was pleasently surprised by the offers of both Lallur and Ka’zac, “Tor’lallur spread Pit to all willing. Can make separate Pit in lands. Pit must be cared for. Pit need tla, Pit need feed. Left over waste good. Waste from Gog body, waste from eat good too.
Also Gog who choose join Pit allow. Even if be one with Pit, must accept. If Pit return Gog must spread Pit. Use no kill mean, weak. Weak spread mean more Gog must effect.
Can have Gog make sure no spread too far. Set limit. In exchange, Gog from Tor’lallur take strong sick effect you Gogs away.”

Turning directly toward Lallur “No know 111, no harm Tor’Lallur, why Tor’Lallur harm 111?”

Ka’zac nodded, a small smile forming on his face. They didn’t even require ritual sacrifice, fantastic. He thought to himself.

“We can work out the particulars at a different time then. We’d be pleased to accept both an embassy and a … controlled … pit in our tribe. Although we’d welcome your wisdom in maintaining such a thing. We would also like to offer our own outreach to your tribes, an embassy of Ka’Rhug that can provide learning both in our religion, and in our leyas and crafts. I also believe it would be a step in bringing the UTR and the Der’al Collective closer as entities. I thank you for your graceful consideration on this matter.”

Hob’rhug stumbled into the meeting, his helmet nearly falling off his head as he reached up to push it back up. He breathed in deeply, catching his breath. “I am sorry for the delay from the Rhug’na’ru. Our airship encountered forefront winds which slowed us down. I apologize for my tribe.” He bowed awkwardly to those present, obviously unsure about this whole meeting. “I hope our input can be valuable to both sides in resolving conflict.”

Shirley sighed. She didn’t want the Pit in Brez. She had enough problems. Dealing with the sick on a regular basis wasn’t on her list of things to handle.

“Sorr’, can’t let no Pit in Brez. We can’t provide what you need. My Brezan kin will destroy you if they find out yer tribe causes tha sickness. Just like they did the ferals. Constant fightin’ and stuff. Can’t let tha’ happen. But I do have an idea. Twice a year, we’ll have a prayer day, feast day, wha’ever … for you. Spread tha sickness. My Censorcraft will heal the sick from the sky. Everybody wins. But be ‘ware. If yer spreadin’ more than jus’ a cold, it’ll be a break o’ the peace. Otha than that, be at peace. No fightin’ or death needed. We ‘ave enough… don’ need more. Pray like ye like. Jus’ no stealin’ gog, killin’ gog, or anythin’ like that. Just let us know the two days and we’ll take care o’ it. And if something really bad hits us, yer’ll agree to help us. Also, this means no war ‘tween us. If yer ok wit’ that, we ok wit yer beleefs.”

Dar’ab shrugged at Shirley, “No Pit in Shirley land ok. No demand physical Pit in Shirley land. We spread weak strain of Pit to Gog Shirley specify. After 2 day we can take back, or you cure. If Gog ask join Pit, Shirley allow? No force, choice only. If really bad sick hurt Shirley tribe, we take. Peace, better then war.”

The Uhryu couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Outright conspiracy to infect Olgogs against their will, and help an evil disease cult spread, would be how the Uhryu would report it when he advised Bill and Rapiog after the meeting.

Lallur says "I think you miss the point. Olgog the Olgog orbitally bombarded all of Tla’loc’al. Not for food, but for power. There was no good thing or benefit. It was just death.

Dar’ab has offered to only convert the willing, Any sickness would be mild, and if a plague were to hit, they have offered help in stopping it. The tribes to the south and the UtR stand to improve relations. Maybe even peace between the the groups. That is a big benefit.

There is a big difference between scope, numbers, and actions afterward.

So we do not forgive them for nothing or because they are being civilized. It is much more than that. Steps toward peace are worth working together."

“I would raise a toast to that,” said Vellum, "But it seems our cups have run dry.

Peace will be the call of the day."

Looking the GulTor’Uf representative directly in the eyes, Vellum said, “When Peace Marches…who can really stand before it?”

:smiley:The Rewards:wink:

Der’al Collective Hospital-Embassies have been set up in Mt. Rhug, in the Caves of Auf Lal’al and at the Tlalocal Trade Depot (train station). Each one has a miniature pit (that doubles as a waste system for Olgogs who wish to donate their dung to the Hospital-embassies) for Tor’Lallur religious exercises. They are run by Army of the True Flame Olgogs (under Ka Gor Tribe screenname) and have sections for Elogans and other members of the Der’al Collective to give classes and seminars. Each Hospital Embassy has SAR 40, and cannot mount weapons. They protect nearby communties from all diseases except Alien Larva and Nanoplague(outside their control without technomancy). Once per month for a single day everyone will get the sniffles and a cough. Then two days following the cold, all traces of it seems to just disappear. Along with it, people notice other infections will clear up.

UtR, Kolgol and Lalder each gain their own UtR Embassy in Der’al Collective Land near the Army of the True Flame barracks. They are in what would be considered the center of town as it grows outward. All UtR players, Kolgol and Lalder also gain access to the following thread: Zh’Ka’al: Settlement of the True Flame. Kolgol and Lalder can throw Event threads at the City as they have their own private buildings as the city grows. Each of the three Embassy buildings has an SAR 50, and is protected from attack by all Pit Mongrels and Ferals.

Gang of Uf Mag’og gains The Celebration and Feast Day. During which people get hit with a two day cold, and all other diseases are cured by the Tor’Lallur.

Tor’Lallur gains one year of extended life for all members who participate in the Hospital-embassies and in the Celebration and Feast Day.

Rhug’na’ru and Urik’s Outcasts gains an Emergency Medic to call in case of Disease Outbreak.
They can communicate with Dar’ab of Tor’Lallur to call in the Tor’Lallur help in curing the Immutables of diseases (which can work). The Tor’Lallur may ask for trade or payment of some sort, but just having an in like that could save a tribe of immutables.

GulTor’Uf gains Uhyru Apprentice Emotional Control +1 to the stat upgrade.

Scribe gains The Dancing Game Pieces of the entire UtR and DC leaderships.
These one of a kind artifacts will move and act as Scribe wishes them to. He has one for each character at the meeting.

The Ka Gor Tribe gains the Army of The True Flame is recognized by other nations.

Yagogi’al and Kul Gul Rapi gain A Continuing Investigation, They are now investigating the Ka Rhug base in the Yagogi Hunting Grounds. As they are working as a team as the UtR mandated, each tribal in these two tribes (except Kulal) gains a Morale bonus of +1 to all skill tests and combat test (but not Leyas tests) for the following game week.