Goblin Lands 2 Conquest Mission WEEK 16: To Crush all Resistance

Near every tribe’s territory are many smaller feral packs, unnamed and uninterested in the language and civilization being built by the tribal Olgogs. These feral packs regularly take your food supplies, and water supplies. These feral packs represent a deep and dangerous threat to the security of your tribal lands IF they side with your enemies. However there are many ways of dealing with these groups.

The three major solutions:

1. Expulsion: Forcing the Ferals from the land with violence, force or other method. (how do you make them leave, AND prevent them from coming back?)
  2. Reserve them: Forcing the Ferals onto smaller territory (Native Reservation) where they are watched to prevent them from acting militarily. (how do you design the Reserve? How do you prevent ferals on the reserve from building up secret military forces?)
  3. Assimilation: Forcing the Ferals to give up their ways and conform to the ways of the tribals who have claimed the territory. (how do you get them to assimilate?)

Of course if you can find a different option…

Mission Rules
First player to post gets a repost when all other players have finished posting to the mission in response to all other actions.
All other players may only make 1 posting.
Other players may only act as if they have seen the action of the first player who posts.
All other actions are compressed together by the DR team with a focus on storyline, so do not worry about paradoxes between different action posts.
Not every aspect of every action will be shown. This is especially true of actions that exceed two paragraphs.

Special Challenges: How do you deal with the diplomatic ramifications of your actions?

Open to all tribes and all mercs

Mercs may offer their services to “handle” the feral “problem” for tribes.

This mission ends on Friday 14th February at 8.PM. E.S.T.

He spotted the line of trees in the distance. It had taken a while to get here. Shadow Walking through flat desert wasn’t exactly feasable, but it didn’t matter. He could have flown, but he used the time walking to think about recent developments…

He continued his pace for a while. As he walked, he contemplated all that had happened in Simonsburg. He soon reached the trees, and began gathering the leyas, preparing to drop into the first shadow he stepped on. He continued to think about what had happened in Simonsburg, and the battle he had been a part of a few days back. He was so deep in thought, in fact, that he didn’t notice the rock until it struck him in the side of the head.

It didn’t make a difference, because they couldn’t hurt him, but it wasn’t at all uncommon for rocks and stones to be thrown at him. He WAS dead, and most people could notice that. Most were untrusting of the Dead. Things were different now, though. He was a god now.

He bent down and picked up the offending piece of stone. It was small, mostly smooth, with what looked like a crude tree etched into it. He turned in the direction from which it was thrown, and, searching with the leyas, looked through the trees. It took a few seconds, but he found what he was looking for.

Moving away, running away from him, was a child. Thin and dirty, she was feral, from the looks of it. It was hard to tell, but he would have guessed the girl’s age at somewhere around 9 or 10. He smiled to himself and activated his cloaking device, making him invisible to both the naked eye and the leyas. Then, he dropped into the nearest shadow, and followed the child.

Following the child proved fruitful, as the girl led him into a small clearing where there were setup some patchwork tents and small huts. This is new, he thought. Didn’t know they were here. There looked to be close to 40 or so Olgogs that lived in this clearing.

This is what was refered to as a ‘feral’ tribe. Called that because they didn’t necessarily agree with the ways most tribes were now moving towards more civilzed lifestyles. So, rather than stay part of their ‘home’ tribes, they become independent, and live in the areas around the tribes.

Most feral tribes like this were normally ok. They survived by attacking supply caravans, and taking what they needed. Given that the only ‘tribe’ in the area was him and his followers, there was no need for food or water, as they were all dead, so there weren’t any acutal supply caravans.

As such, all the ferals in this tribe were thin and dirty, like the girl he followed here. They were clearly malnourished. There really wasn’t much for food around here. Some berries, maybe the occasional rabbit or bird. There wasn’t much for big game in this forest.

I can’t have them here, he thought. They could cause trouble. Might get noticed, draw attention. I’ll send a team in later. I’ll have each and every one of them killed, and then converted. He turned and was about to step into a shadow when a thought occured. I’m a god now, he mused to himself. Maybe ‘kill it and convert it’ isn’t ALWAYS the way to go. Want to get more worshipers, you have to be better than that. They should be removed. But there was another way. I’ll get them to follow me.

He turned back around, and watched the Olgogs. He spotted the girl that threw the stone, and he immediately knew how to handle this situation.Still invisible, he let his cloak fall apart and reform his wings. A pair attacthed to his shoulderblades, the other pair attacthed near the bottom of his ribcage. He folded all 4 wings against his back and dropped into a shadow, reappearing from the shadow cast by the child. He crouched down behind her, and turned off the cloaking device.

The gasps and yells of surprise and fear were expected. The child didn’t realize that something was amiss until he rested his hand on her shoulder. She screamed, and quickly pulled away from him. He didn’t try to stop her. She only moved a few paces from him though, before she turned around to see what was behind her.

He shifted his body forward until he was kneeling, and rested his weight on his heels. He placed his bottom pair of arms on his upper thighs, and reached his upper left hand towards the girl, open, palm up. He gestured with his fingers slowly, and said, “I won’t hurt you. Come here.”

Obviously tenative, she hesitantly moved forward towards him, and reached out with her own hand, eventually letting her hand rest in his. He turned her hand, so it to was palm up, and, with his upper right hand, took the stone she threw, placed it etching up on her palm, and closed her fingers around it. He let go of her hand and stood to his full height.

“I am Krodnok,” he began loudly. “And i am a god.” Gasps from the feral 'gogs. Again, expected. “And, right now, you are living in my forest. And, believe me, i use the term ‘living’ loosely, as it appears that most, if not all of you will be dead of hunger in the next few weeks. Come with me. Follow me. Let me save you. Put your faith in me, and i will take you all to a place where, not only will you have a full meal today, but you will have a full meal EVERY day. I offer you a home, a real home. Not just some tent you made from old clothes, or a hut built out of fallen tree branches.”

He held all four of his arms out wide, palms up, and stretched his wings out wide. “Follow me, for i am Krodnok, and i offer you salvation.” He turned, and walked away in the direction of the lab.

For a long time the Or’Lur tribe has tried to make life easier for all olgogs. Reather then try and fight these ferals or even try and force them into the tribe they will help them with food and brand new nightmare hide tents. As they help them survive in the area the Auf’gogs and Glogs two students will talk with them and show them that they would be safer as a part of the tribe and would mean constent food. This alows them to slowly join the tribe as they are attacked and hunted by Gor or animles

Tor’ab and Auf Lalyan were charged with dealing with these Ferals in their lands. Since their tribe moved much of their supplies using the skimmers and fighters. But they did not need these tribals to act as spies or even fighters for their enemies. A solution was needed to deal with them.

Tor’ab says to Lalyan “We could just squash these ferals and run them out. I have no love for thieves and bandits. I know not an Ideal solution, but it would deal with them.”

Lalyan responds “And then we would have to guard and patrol our borders. The gog power required would be imense. No we need a solution that is benefital to both sides. If it is in their own best interests, we can have a peaceful relationship with them. I think this is where we start.”

Tor’ab says “But we have not had any luck with feral tribes in the past. How do we do this?”

Lalyan says “We start by helping them with what they need. And with enough time and trust built, maybe even bring them into our tribe. Or at least have their pack as allies.”

Tor’ab says “Fine, but in the mean time, I will make sure our supplies are guarded well, and are not easily accessible to steal or rob. This should hopefully put them in a mood to talk at least. But if you fail, it will be my turn. And while I won’t kill them all, I will have to do something.”

(OOC Tor’ab is all about action, but That choice would only be a last resort. )

Plan:
Tor’ab will work to make sure increase the security around food and water supplies. Any trade supplies should be shipped via skimmers and Lur Union fighters. Making each target harder. The hope is this should make the packs more likely to deal allowing Lalyan to use a Carrot and Tor’ab the stick.

Auf Lalyan will seek out each of these packs. She will have backup ready and listening in through a commcrystal just in case she needs to retreat. But only used as a last resort and with as little violence as possible.

To the pack, she will say "I’m Auf Lalyan of the Head of Auf Lal’al. I wish to help your pack. I can see the need for Shelter, food, and water. And we can help you get this.

I have items that will help produce water and gogs who can teach you how to grow food. And while you wait for the first Harvest, we will help trade for food until you have enough of your own. Also we will offer the protection of our tribe.

The help is not free, but not costly. We wish to be Allies or at least friendly with each other. We help when and where we can, as you help us when you can. If you wish to join our tribe, we would accept, but not required nor will be pushed. We understand you are not part of the tribes by choice. Also If you do not wish to become farmers, there are other skills and trades we could trade food for. Only thing we wish is to work together, improve your pack, and stop the raids on those in these lands. That is our benefit.

This is the same offer we gave to the Former Kolgul militia members who eventually choose to join our tribe. It benefited both sides greatly.

I know your packs have no reason to trust us, so we can take it one step at a time. You can see how we fulfill our promises and us u.

What do you say?"

If Talking fails
Tor’ab, his apprentices (10 Ur Rhug), and 15 Goblin Raiders, and the FKM Recruits (8) will work to protect the supplies and counter attack to drive any group out of Lalders Lands to the south. Note that this is the last resort, and Lalyan will try a few times before any pack is driven out.

As time passed, and the feral’s raids became more frequent, the Ol’Lur tribe became more irritated about this problem. However, despite their irritation, many members of the tribe felt more pity than hatred toward the feral gogs. They pitied the fact that in order to survive, the feral tribes had to resort to raiding and stealing. The tribals of Ol’Lur wanted to give these gogs a chance to be part of a better society.

Under a banner of peace, the Aufgogs Tor’ol and Lur’og, attempted to meet with several of the feral leaders, bringing an offering of food and water to show their peaceful intentions. They would ask the leaders to merge their tribe with Ol’Lur, explaining that the tribe is almost self sustaining and that the ferals need not kill and pillage to survive.

The other benefits of joining the tribes included the Ol’Lur respecting and allowing them to retain their beliefs and customs (apart from raiding), as well as the fact that greater numbers in the tribe would allow more food to be grown. And, perhaps the most enticing reason, the glory and honor of fighting alongside the Giant Slayer, Tor’Lur.

However, Tor’ol and Lur’og would clearly state that there would be conditions to joining. As long as the new members of the tribe worked to assist the current members in their duties (growing food, creating water, etc.), then their needs would be provided for in equal measure. They would also be required to follow the Ol’Lur’s rules (basically; no killing fellow tribals, raiding other tribes, or getting by without doing their fair share of work).

If the ferals reject the offer, then they will be warned that the Ol’Lur with not tolerate further raids on their land and will retaliate, driving the ferals back until the raids cease. And, for intimidation purposes, Tor’ol will mention that the ferals will battling against the mighty Tor’Lur.

Zhgog’ol Maklur, Uhryu of the Nomadic Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab was looking for a reasonable way to handle the issue of the ferals. He spoke with one of his totem students Onigor to gather a squad to act as a welcoming party, The plan was that the Yagogi would offer the ferals what they could and it would be the ferals choice if they wished to join up or find someone else to continue their raiding ways. Onigor looked for a mixed group, to help show how others have come and joined with the Yagogi before. Onigor has worked with Gor’ Lallur, and she had become his closest of friends and allies. Then also accompanied by Tla’og Mak and Ol’Yyangog, two more tribals each equipped with the Olgogolem armor to assist in bringing forth supplies. He asked for the added assistance of two of the former Kolgul recruits and two of the Goblin Kings. Together they would all carry forth a prepared feast of excess food to the outskirts of their encampment, and preemptively meet with the raiders of the feral tribes.

Zhgog’ol would address the ferals, “The Oasis of Karov are rich a plentiful of resources for all in these lands to be sharing, if you all are willing to work for it. We the tribals known as the Yagogi, for we are the followers of Yagogi’al the Og’ab and he makes sure to provide for those that follow as well as work together with us. This great feast was prepared for you, not for the sake of raiding but freely given. It is also your opportunity to take in the knowledge of our tribe’s ways and share with us how you get by. If you are in need of help fending for yourselves, please make it known. We will look to help where we can, but this raiding on our tribe stop here and now. If you wish to stay in Karov, you’ll have to find another tribe to raid from.
In 5 moons time, an even bigger feast will be prepared and set out in the same manner. If you return it is of your own free will and is believed that you would be joining up with the ways our tribe; and the feast will mark the celebration of your livelihood as part of the Yagogi. Many more of the tribe will come to take part in a celebration as such. We have said our peace, now let things begin.”

GulTor’uf as a tribe has been blessed, they have resources to feed themselves, and then some to spare. Knowing that others are in need, gogs would go out to help the other nearby tribes, regardless of them being feral or not. Food, Water and resources to help immediately, and training to help make them self sufficient with ways to hunt and ways to gather the bounty of karov.

This would lead to some taking advantage of GulTor’uf, but this was though about. The tribe will move if a pack was taking advantage of them, and continue their wanderings of Karov.

On rare occasion, some tribes might believe that raiding was the best way of doing things, and actually attack. In this unfortunate circumstance, the tribe will immobilize the other gogs, and then sit down to discuss the issues they have and have more productive was of solving them.

While doing this GulTor’uf would be communicating the ideas of individual strength through wisdom and physical ability, and that there are other solutions that work much better than violence even if they rake longer.

When Derlur presented his gang with a way to handle the ferals, he was unsure of what it meant. The ferals hadn’t really bothered him before, and now there was plenty of food to go around. But Derlur brought up a good point that he had not previously considered: his enemies in Brez could use them against him. He could not allow that. The Brezan way, which his enemies would use, would be fear, violence, and superiority in numbers. He did not want to do that. So, instead, he chose another path. One that, if Derlur kept his part of the bargain, would be even more effective.

First, he would call upon his feral allies, currently numbering around 400, living in the deserts around Brez. He would figure out which feral packs would be most and least likely to side with his enemies. For those that wouldn’t ally with his enemies, he’d encourage his feral allies to either enlarge their packs and/or offer his food resources to keep them at bay and/or away from his enemies and more firmly on his side. He would also warn them how Blood’og defeats his enemies (by poisoning food), and Ganek Lagg uses stalkers to attack. He didn’t want his allies getting hurt or the ferals defeated.

With respect to those ferals who would ally with his, first he would offer peace. No tribute would be needed, and they could trade for whatever resources they wanted. If/when that failed, he would provide Derlur’s group with the names and locations of those ferals… they would be the ones targeted. Afterwards, perhaps they’d accept the offer. But he did want to emphasize that he did not want to change their ways, force assimilation, and that by being his allies they would not have to change a thing about how they live… other than not to attack his holdings. He would show them how the other ferals were allowed to live, to emphasize the point.

He hopes Mag Aug Yyanyi would be proud of his conscious effort to avoid violence, or anything else typically Brezan.

Tor’Lallur promise much food to small Gog tribes, offer tla from magic tla artifact given by Kul’Gul Rapi Family. Bring them all to cave of Pit, then when tricked into cave, push into pit. Use swarms of diseased insects and tribe to force them all in groups. That way all join in joy of Pit. All will serve Pit, if strong then grow stronger! If weak…die and feed Pit. Great honor indeed.

Kolgol wasted no time in dealing with the heathen scum. The moment he learned the location of the outliers, he mobilized a section of the legion. five Balgog class war golems, flanked by seven hellhound chasers and another ten imps above for support marched out from the fiery golemworks beneath the mountain. Another twenty Ur’Tor fighters, clad in bone mail and spiked helms newly crafted by artisans moved into four columns behind the golem support. Kolgol himself rode on the back of his favorite Balgog, Umbra. They would send the hounds and imps out first, to chase and herd the parasites into a more contained environment. Once the Ur’Tor and balgogs were withing range, they would encircle the group, beating any runners with the blunt ends of their spears or using leyas (grow vines earth lvl 1) to trip them up. They would then proceed to and drag them back to the ring. The more aggressive ones would be tied and bound or knocked unconscious if they proved difficult.

Once said ring was established, Kolgol would levitate down into the midst of them and smile disarmingly. He already had his short, yet to the point speech laid out. Gar’uk the brander would emerge from the ranks with his iron brand, and wait for orders.

"Greetings feral brothers and sisters. I come here today to resolve a problem that I feel is quite easily remedied, should you choose to cooperate. You see, here in Ka’Rhug, the venerable tribe you have been feeding off of and stealing from, we believe in one being who deserves our utmost devotion and support. His name is Kalok, and I am offering to accept you into his blazing radiance, to take you out of the dust and feed you, clothe you, give you a safe home, and good gogs to live by. If you choose to accept my offer, and join our tribe, step forward that your light may shine to all of us.

(During this time those that step forward will be given a rite of passage and a chest or face brand from Gar’uk, the metal instrument having been heated in one of the automaton’s fires. These olgogs would then be led to the mountain and out of sight of their more defiant tribesmen by a reserve column of mixed troops led by Uth’lal. Once they are out of range, Kolgol will speak to those who remain.)

“For those of you that choose to live in ignorance, and willfully oppose Kalok’s will for our race, the penalty is simple. Death.”

With a dismissive gesture he would then unleash the automatons upon the remaining ferals and let the Ur’Tor clean up the rest. All dead bodies will be cremated with fireballs from the balgogs.

Uri’ky was feeling proud and a bit apprehensive. The captains had assigned him the job of dealing with the Ferals outside of Drewsport. He understood their reasoning behind choosing him, an ex Kolgol militia, instead of on of the dead, for this job. there was no way the ferals would ever trust any undead after the horros wrought over the last several years by the forces of Unit 111.

He started by heading out toward the ranges where the ferals roamed. he had given the problems much thought and felt he had a plan that would solve the problem while maintaining the freedoms that the forces of the redeemer believed in.

Coming upon a group of hunting ferals, he stopped and called to them. “Hello there, I come in peace. Would there be one among you who would speak to me?” He sat calmly as the largest of them approached. “Greetings friend, My name is Uri’ky and I am here from the town of Drewsport. We were hoping to find a way to solve a problem. Some of the farmers around the town have complained that there are those in the area that are stealing from them. We were hoping to find a solution that most everyone could agree to. As your people hunt out here in the wilds, we were wondering if we could find a way to set up a barter post. at such a place, the towns folk would offer you food in trade for hides and other goods that you hunt. At such a place, water would be given freely to all.”

Smiling, he continued " The only other thing we would ask is that you let us know of any other groups moving thru your range. in return, we will do our best to stay out of your way and let you get on with your lives"

Plan: Engage the other gangs to attack ferals. Drive them to Gang of the Uf Mag’og.

How: Disguise, using our collective special abilities, to enter “enemy” territory. Start rumors. Lots of them. Particularly around the outskirts of town. Create the sentiment that ferals are worthless, and how there are rumors that certain feral clans/groups are planning to raid the outskirts of Brez by their territories. Mention/reference the groups that were specifically named by Urog in his encounters with his friendly ferals (if provided). Convince local bands (not Gang of Uf’ Magog) to raid and attack ferals befre they are attacked themselves. Use Blood’og’s tactic of poisoning food that ferals “raid.” Create hostility between the ferals and the other two main factions, particularly among those groups of Ferals that would otherwise ally with Blood’og or Ganeck Lagg. Do so over the course of days. Avoid each gang leader, specifically. If at all possible, start the same rumor disguised as ferals, among the ferals (that Ganek Lagg and Blood’og want to make them subservient and domesticated). Bottom line: get tensions rising.

Who: Group of 5 olgog, armed as per standard, but carrying additional stone weapons for effect. It would be led by Kokiyo (female, brezan in stature). The others would be in various size differentials between Brezan and large for tla’loc’alan.

Somewhat deep beneath the topsoil of Rhug’na’ru, an ordered system of cement corridors, stairways and rooms writhed beneath the tribe. Down here the government was kept, namely Captain Reshed, now High Captain Reshed. Off under what is now the Airship Yards was the Hydrogen chamber, sealed off from the world. It wasn’t too long ago that they began noticing food, supplied and even some materials and tools dissapering from the bunker and the Yards above it, forcing Reshed to eventually send a few Olgogs below to find out what exactly was going on down there. What they found made him understandably angry.

A hole in the wall, about big enough for a young Olgog to squeeze into was formed into the far wall, behind a set of weakened bulkhead doors. This small chamber was quickly sealed, the doors welded shut and chained. But what they found littering the area gave him only the slightest optimism, a small necklace made of bone.

Reshed threw the necklace across the Airship Yard, the small thing breaking as it hit the hard ground. “Sir, if this continues we may have a serious situation.” Reshed turned to Hide, his eyes full of anger, but controled. “What makes you say that Hide? The fact that if these- these MONGRELS had made even a single SPARK we could all be dead?! Or is it the food and wood stolen under our noses?” He re-composed himself and motioned his tactician over, a fairly old Olgog named Gre’kun. “Sir?” He stood at attention.

Reshed walked over to a map platform, motioning Gre’kun to follow. “We have a few leeches, a danger to us and the people who live here. They steal food, water, supplies; you name it. But there is something worse, something I will not burden you with.” He pointed on the map to the flatland not to far from Rhug’na’ru. “Earlier scouts have notified us of cooking fires in that area. Take as many men as you need; take Olgogs, planes, airships, even the tank if you must. Destroy them and those that flee give chase.” Gre’kun made to say something, but Reshed turned to the Olgog and stared him in the eyes with an intense look. Not of anger, but of fear and hatred.

“Crush them to the brink of extinction. Make sure they can never return and be a nuisance. That is an order” Gre’kun swallowed, return the gaze. “Yes sir. I shall take what is necessary.” Reshed nodded, turning. “Don’t pity them, if they had made one error in their tunneling, we would be dead.” With that he walked away from Gre’kun and Hide.

Gre’kun glanced at Hide, who didn’t meet his gaze, simply handing him a clipboard with the supplies and men they had. Gre’kun turned to the map, motioning some pilots and soldiers over, and began planning out the destruction of the ferals. “We have a mission today, search and destroy.” The Olgogs didn’t make too much commotion, nit really knowing what it would include, so he continued. “We are to crush the feral wanderers that have been stealing from us, and destroy them. How might we do this you ask?” He pointed to the location the scouts had seen, circling it with his finger. “Four biplanes will fly low over this site, ascertaining their numbers and how much of a force they may have to retaliate with. On your return flyover you will drop your payload of Petrol Bombs on key points of your discretion.”

He pointed to the two newest airships behind him. “These two will then fly in after the initial patrol returns with the information I have asked previously for.” He motioned around the map in two directions." “This run will have 8 biplanes with their bombs and guns loaded. They will arrive first and begin an assault first with their bombs in areas that they will have regrouped in, next with strafing runs to weaken them. Once the airships arrive you can back off, but attempt to take out any that flee. The airships will open fire on those who are left with their guns. After that point the ships will let some footmen off to the ground to kill those who are still alive.” He turned to those who would be the ground troops. “Be swift, if they try to revive don’t go to wound them, kill them quickly. Once you finish report back to your ship via rope and get back to your positions. If there are bombs left, pop them open and pour their contents on the bodies and burn them. Then you will report back.”

He took a deep breath, eyeing the Olgogs. “Any questions?” There were none, only some slight murmurings. Gre’kun nodded, saluting them. “Get ready, you leave in an hour for the first run.” They saluted back and ran off, telling those that did not know the plan what they should do. Hide sent word to Reshed that plans were underway, nodding to Gre’kun. He nodded grimly, looking over the map once more.