Gobin Lands 2 Finale Part 1: The Olgog Civil War of 2219

The Flying Armory hung over the place that Mt. Rhug had once stood. A ghostly reminder of the massive volcano extended from the rubble strewn ground to its original height. But it wavered and was shimmered. The hell dimension forming around Mt. Rhug had been forced from our dimension by the Flying Armory’s powers. Its tendrils extended down from the bottom of the Armory like a cage around the ghostly image of Mt. Rhug. Only its power prevented the hell dimension of Mt. Rhug from extending outward and perhaps consuming the entire planet. The Flying Armory put roots into the Mountain Range of Tla’loc’al as it strained to keep the Hell dimension from expanding.

There was an audible crack as a portion of reality crumpled around the pulling sucking power of the hell dimension and then all was quiet.

Part 1: 23 Minutes 52 Seconds Earlier

A barren wind blew across the volcanic wastelands surrounding Mt. Rhug. The ground, jagged with obsidian and rocky spires, was nearly impassable in many places. Despite this, a road led through the center of this waste, packed earth allowing for 10 olgogs to pass easily shoulder to shoulder. This road carved through the landscape all the way up to the volcano itself.

He stood atop the crown of the mountain, in the citadel that was still under construction. Grimacing out from his rocky throne, he contemplated his situation. His plans would be carried out, and he had faith in his army, but he knew it wouldn’t be enough. He touched his face, brushing away the pieces of obsidian that had once again started to form around his eyes. He would eventually seek help for his condition, but not until his people were safe.

Each time he brushed them away, his eyes were fine, but his hands were lacerated leaving a trail of bloody tears. Looking down at the expanse around Mt. Rhug, He could see something bouncing and tracing across the rocky terrain. It was an Earther vehicle, with a massive drill on its front and multiple mounted weapons. Kolgol didn’t recognize it, but knew colonial interference when he saw it.

It blasted past the furthest sentries, and a squad of Balgogs went out to meet it in battle. The vehicle began doing donuts, firing off its weapons at the Balgogs with concerning precision. One of the Balgogs rushed the side of the VLAD V-TURV, and grabbed the truck lifting it off the ground. A hatch on the V-TURV’s side opened and an Earther hillbilly with a chainsaw leaned out and swung at the closest arm of the Balgog.

From this distance, Kolgol could only make out the weapon not the zela metal on the blades. He was assured of his creatures success, until its arm was cut through as easily as clay. The animating power was driven from the Balgog and the V-TURV was once again on the move.

As he watched the Balgogs charge the V-TURV he could see the bone armor of the Army of the True Flame. The Der’al Collective troops began hurling explosives upon the Balgogs. Peppering them with strikes that cracked chunks of basalt from the automatons. At that moment the Lur Union fightercraft of the Auf Lal’al came down towards the mountain, firing down at the Balgogs as they approached.

Kolgol grimaced but knew his people were protected by the militarized zepplins of the Rhug’na’ru. Each of the luftcraft drifted with an aire of relaxation at odds with the scene as they released an elite fleet of propeller driven biplanes.
The biplanes dodged and weaved, peppering the sides and bottoms of the Lur Union strike fighters with heavy fifty caliber machinegun rounds. The sylvan-crystal and living-wood airframes of the Lur Union fighters were cracked and shattered by the anti-aircraft ammunition. A few spiraled down towards the ground below. Some remained aloft, held together by the concentration and Leyas shields of the Adept crew onboard.

Then the beam weapons from the Lur Union Destroyer pierced down from an unknown height above. The first strike struck a hindengog-model zepplin and cleaved its gas-bags and deck.

A messenger was brought up to the volcano-top. He was clearly dressed in the style of the messengers of Al’ya who were given free passage in all of the Goblin Lands.

The messenger said, “Honored Sir, I am a messenger of the Al’ya but I do not speak for the Al’ya here. In our role as neutral observers, I have been sent to deliver a message from Urog of the Great Northern Army to you sir.
May I respectfully begin…”

“Kolgol, your faith in your god may have given you og, but led to your betrayal at Simonsburg. The demons that plague your faith are a danger to us all. We will spare the lives of the Ka Rhug if you sacrifice your demons and submit yourself to our judgment. The choice is yours. You have gor on all sides. No need for your tribe to suffer the fate of the GulTor’Uf.”

Deep inside Kolgol the power of Kalok extended. For a moment Kolgol was a puppet in his own body, and his experience was visions of lights and sounds like those on the volcanic gasses deep in Mt. Rhug. His eyes turned full black and obsidian shards extended from under his nails.

He grabbed the olgog by the neck, the obsidian claws surgically cutting deep into the meat.

“You move you die, Messenger of Al’ya,” said the voice of Kalok, “My fingers are but a touch from your arteries. Now you listen to me. You will tell this Urog that no king stands over Mt. Rhug, and only Kalok rules here. Tell him Kolgol is my slave, and the Ka Rhug are slaves to my power. Every Ka Rhug you kill just feeds my armies. I have opened my hell dimension here.
In the heart of Mt. Rhug. The Fell Balgogs will keep coming as long as I sacrifice more of your people to my fires. All will serve Kalok, or they remain a possible instrument of Warmonger as you act with warfare right now. Feed the Warmonger and you become my enemy, and my enemies must be consumed in the flames, so their spirits can be cleansed of Warmonger’s taint and rise as legion to my rightous will.”

Kalok hurled the Messenger off the side of Mt. Rhug. The body bounced a few times, and pillars of earth launched the injured messenger into the air and far away. Kalok knew the army at the gates would resurrect the messenger and return him to Urog to deliver the message.

Kolgol wiped his eyes again, and more obsidian flaked off. The visions seemed to be coming more and more often now that Kalok had revealed himself over Simonsburg and taken the first culling. He looked out at the fierce air battle above them.

The Auf Lal’al seemed to have gotten the high ground. While the Rhug’na’ru biplanes could destroy the Strike fightercraft that ventured down from the carrier, the carrier and destroyers simply waited above just below sub-orbit. The Rhug’na’ru weapons couldn’t return fire, and the battle seemed to be turning against them.

A Kalokgog appeared next to Kolgol, and immediately bowed.

“The two guards who were my charges were killed by a means I have never seen. One moment they were there. The next moment their bodies disappeared. So did their gear, and their weapons. Even the commcrystal they held was removed from reality along with their spirits,” the Kalokgog was deeply worried, and shaken by what he saw.

Kolgol felt the voice of Kalok in his head, “The unbelievers have brought an Annihilator to Mt. Rhug.
I can feel his presence coming closer.”

“Where is he?” asked Kolgol seemingly to the air around him to the confusion of the Kalokgog who had not heard the voice of Kalok.

“I cannot find him, it is as if time alters around him,” said Kalok’s voice, “But this is no Olgog who hunts us… Destroy the Annihilator before he destroys us…”

“The voice of Kalok speaks to me,” said Kolgol to the Kalokgog, “Go forth and find the one who annihilated our Ka Rhug and warn the others…

I have much to say to our people.”

Descending into the volcano, Kolgol entered the main gathering hall of Ka’Rhug. It was in the crater of the volcano, a natural massive place that could hold all his forces comfortably. He addressed those who were gathered there, Some 60 legionaries, 15 Kalokgogs, 15 hellhounds and their handlers, and then in the back, the 50 accursed Balgogs.

“My people, defenders of our faith. You are called upon today to protect your home, to protect your families! Those who seek to keep our people in the dark now seek to put us down, to destroy our message. They will have no mercy, so neither should you. We may all die this day, but we must not let it be in vain! They will hear the tales of our battle all the way in Kasanth, where shadows reign supreme. It will bring attention of our plight to leaders far and wide, and maybe someday, our ancestors will reclaim the honor that our race once held. But today, today you must fight, and fight hard for the sake of not only our tribe, but our existence as a race! Go now, show them why they should justly fear our righteousness, for Ka’Rhug!”

And they did, into tunnels they went, tunnels that ran beneath the volcanic landscape of Ka’Rhug. It is said that these same tunnels are the final defense of Ka’Rhug, forming a labyrinthine maze that stretches for endless miles in the dark. Some places flooded with water from Lake Ruil, some terminated in chambers full of toxic gas, and some plunged deep into caverns full of lava.

As the Ka Rhug began to pick up speed, Kolgol found his eyes fixated back towards the volcano’s center. He saw the swirl of shadow and flame in the center growing in power. It had been punctured since Kolgol’s sacrifices and kept growing larger and larger since Kalok had come. Kolgol, of course did know of Kalok’s plan to consume the unbelievers in the fire of the volcano, in the shadows of the ashcloud, in the death of their lands and all lands that left themselves open for Warmonger and did not give themselves freely for Kalok’s blessings.

Around him were more of the Fell Balgogs, they seemed to march continuously from Mt. Rhug since Kolgol had returned from Simonsburg. The sacrifices there had unlocked the first of a set of tumbling open locks between dimensions and across space and time. The evil here was coalescing and bending reality with its nature.

Kolgol smiled as more of the gaseous hallucinations affected him. As Kolgol’s mind was overcome, Kalok began to mentally command the Fell Balgogs. His mind spread across the entire battlefield and the labrynthian tunnels below Mt. Rhug, he did not see the VLAD squad that had snuck into his base.

A Balgog to his right was annihilated leaving only a small section of sheared Basalt which clattered to the ground.

A thick cloud of foam suddenly coated Kolgol. He was snapped from his visions as Kalok’s spirit fled his body into Kharos of Ka Rhug.

Instead, Kolgol was left choking and struggling against the heavy pink foam. Kolgol tried to draw on the Leyas but the foam seemed to prevent him from doing so. Panic swelled in his gut. Kalok’s essense had withdrawn so suddenly that he had been blinded by hardening obsidian in his eyes. Without the Leyas to heal the wounds, his last vision was the dreadlocked military leader of the Earther’s VLAD Spy Agency, Terrence Terranovsky, slapping zela cuffs on him.

He saw the large hydraulic armor of one of the other heads of the VLAD Agency, McMurphy standing off to Kolgol’s right. A small bastard with a giant Zela sword and the tattoos of an exorcist, Agent T.J., Annihilator, was at McMurphy’s side as was the multi-armed Agent W.

Kolgol had heard of operatives of the Earther Government this far south. Heck he had witnessed them executing Chieftain Tla’dol when he had first rescued his squire Dominic from the Church of One. But part of him was quite surprised to see they had responded in such force to Kalok’s rising…

His defenses had been more than enough for an Olgog army, but a teleporting Annihilator and a full squad of spec. ops…

Kolgol simply kept his eyes unmoving. He knew the EEF would heal his eyes once they placed him in one of their prisons. Then…then he would manipulate them into freeing him. For without the Prophet of Kalok, how could they hope to stop the great Volcano that was Kalok.

What he never saw due to the obsidian in his eyes was the Flying Armory that moved into position above Mt. Rhug. He would not learn until days later how his capture by the authorities had prevented his death in Mt. Rhug.

Part 2: 5 Minutes Earlier

Lalder stood on the bridge of the Auf Lal’al Carrier. He could see projections of the stars above them, and the precise sylvan crystal apertures could focus well enough to see the I.R. Spy Satellites that tracked their movements.

It felt like living under a curtain of cannons. Each Satellites had its weapons pointed at the carrier, and together they could carve it up within a few minutes.

His commcrystals had allowed him to keep all the fleet withdrawn. Then they had spotted the Earther allied vehicle being attacked, and the Rhug’na’ru airforce moving in to cut it up.

To Lalder’s concern, Lurtor had broken ranks. His commcrystal had stammering something like, “Ronny and Jond, its two of the guys who trained me from VLAD.”

VLAD always did have a much less emphasized discipline among its soldiers than a typical military unit. Unlike the Old VLAD that had considered agents expendable, the new VLAD Agency defined itself on teams keeping each other alive.

Now Lalder saw before him a full air battle, but knew he could not employ his whole fleet before Krodnok’s surprise.

He quickly spoke to Gobbog through a crystal. The warlord was happy having the Army of the True Flame move in just enough to give covering fire to the Earther vehicle.

As Lurtor and one of his wingmen went down near Mt. Rhug, Lalder commcrystaled Glog of Or’Lur and Makka’na of the Ka Gor to pull Lurtor and his comrades out before the strike occurred. He watched as the radar showed the force that Krodnok sent approaching.

Lalder saw the Colonial vehicle had safely escaped under cover fire by the Army of the True Flame but still no report from anyone sent to recover Lurtor.
He knew the plan required everyone to be away from the Volcano for it to work…but it was Lurtor.

The Flying Armory was finally aloft above the Mt. Rhug. The ancient Nightmare Lord armory and its symbiotic ooze had weapons with countless effects at its disposal. Tentacles of black ooze extended from the fuzed iron core and stonework of the Flying Armory, each carrying a different item. Crystalline cannons, bones of ancient beings, staffs from master adepts and an endless array of blades, axes and bludgeons. It unleashed all of these weapons at Mt. Rhug. Had Mt. Rhug been a normal city, it would have simply been leveled and its populace destroyed utterly. But Mt. Rhug had been a rip in space and time from the sacrifices performed by the Ka Rhug, and when the power of the weapons struck the Volcano and Kalok it pushed all but its demonic shadow out of existence. Its demonic nature erupted forth, and Mt. Rhug seperated into a hell-dimension.

Kharos was taken by the spirit of Kalok and began hurl energy into the volcano of Mt. Rhug to make it explode. Even Kalok did not quite understand what had occurred. He still assumed he was on Refuge but the ground around him had been shunted into a hell-dimension forming from the torments inflicted by the Ka Rhug on their sacrifices.

Onboard the carrier Lalder heard words that terrified him from a Commcrystal from the medical bays, “Sir we have been unable to resurrect Lurtor…”

Lalder saw the blinking light on the emergency commcrystal to their own hired secret agent.
“Lord Mada, how can I help you?”
“It is more how I can help you, Aufgog Lalder,” said the voice of the infamous Kasanthian noble, “I have visual on your downed fightercraft.”

Part 3: 5 Seconds Earlier

As The Auf of Ol’Lur had followed the events during and leading up to the outbreak of civil war, he grew more and more disappointed. Not just in the Ka Rhug tribe for their actions as of late, but also in the olgog nation. The old aufgog had only agreed to go to war against the Church of One in the interests of uniting the olgog tribes, but his heart ached to witness olgogs who had long been allies turning against each other.

There would be no way to sufficiently justify taking a side in this bloody conflict. The Auf refused to take an olgog life, especially since the Ol’Lur had an allied friendship with tribes on both sides. No, the Ol’Lur would stay out of this war.

Alone in his chamber, The Auf prayed that the bloodshed would end quickly and that all involved could one day re-unite. He also hoped that everything the tribes had worked so hard to achieve in the last year would not be undone.

He heard the entire Tla’loc’alan mountain range begin to quake as the weapons of the Falling Star Armory struck Mt. Rhug. The Auf walked to the edge of his cave, seeing Ogalab Mag Gor’ab running towards him.

“Auf, terrible thing has come to Der’al,” the Mag Gor’ab said slowly, “Ol’Lur caves that link to the Ka Rhug’s labryinth have been cut by mag mag powerful energy. We are cut off from the Lur Union Balgog production caves as well. ”

The Auf was surprised Ogalab knew of the secret Balgog production caves.

The Auf asked, “Yadol Riders?”

“The Yadol Riders and the Ontor Cavarly are still safe,” said Ogalab, “But wicked thing has sunk its tentacles deep into the mountains and even the moss cries out as it withers and dies. Gor’ol fight Gor’ol and Der’al shakes.”

Part 4: Now…or Now?

Anyone looking directly at the blasts that extended from the Flying Armory towards Mt. Rhug with normal eyes found themselves temporarily blinded.
Those near enough to be struck by the cascade of those blinding rays found themselves pulled into the hell-dimension as it formed.

Glog of Or’Lur had upon his back a quiver full of spears. Each had a crude rock tip, that seemed to smoke with cold. Right now his hands were busy prying back the canopy on Lurtor’s fightercraft. Makka’na had nearly pulled Lurtor free when another of Kalok’s hellhounds bounded up towards them. The basalt guard dogs had been harrying them since they found Lurtor’s vehicle about to be incinerated by a Fell Balgog.
Lurtor’s free hand came up with an artificed pistol. A few well placed shots put the hellhound down before it could bound up to them. Another hellhound got closer, but was grabbed mid-leap and shattered against the hard ground by Ogurox the Quall.
Makka’na yelled, “Lurtor we almost have you out but you have to stop moving. Ogurox can handle them.”

Lurtor sighed, “I’m not used to leaving my life in the hands of a Quall N’drone.”

Glog heaved and the canopy crumpled back. Lurtor finally got pulled out the wreakage. His legs were broken when they pulled Lurtor out but a few sips from a healing vial and they were fine to walk on.
Lurtor’s gunner was not so lucky, and Lurtor wished his spirit well.

Glog looked up at the sky…a strange unreal caste to it, “What is this? ”

The sky was flickering slowly, as if time was altered in some space around the mountain. Every few moments a huge barge would material in their vision and slowly approach and then wink out of existence as the barrier between hell-dimension and reality flickered back and forth.

A dragon leapt down onto the rocks in front of them, on its head a cockpit had been surgically implanted. The cockpit popped open revealing a nightmare penguin at the controls and a Kasanthian Nobleman who stood and gave them a quick bow.

“I am Lord Mada, hired by the United Tribes of Refuge to assist in the apprehension of the outlaw Prophet Kolgol,” said the nobleman whose cowl moved enough to reveal Uthvelor features underneath, “I believe the Olgog you are pulling out of that cockpit is Lurtor, well beloved by Lalder. And you are all a bit close to the plan”.

The Dragon towered over them and the wrecked Lur Union Fighter. It covered them with its wings.
Lord Mada leapt down, and opened a shadow cocoon bag on his belt and from it flew a Falsewyrm. The Falsewyrm took a position over the WarDragon, using its own Nightmare Body as a further shield.

Makka’na whistled and Ogurox and a small pack of Red Furs took shelter underneath the dragons as well. The Quall looked at the Kasanthian with disgust, “What is he doing here?”

Lord Mada said emotionlessly, “To save you all, apparently.”

At that moment the Barge hit the top of Mt. Rhug and exploded first in fire, then in a storm of cold that extended outward around the mountain top. Snow blasted around them, and Ogurox was driven to the ground with terrible torment from the cold. The hell-dimension so new in its formation was quick to take on powerful characteristics. A cold winter now blew through Mt. Rhug, and the top of the volcano frosted over.

The landscape surrounding this frosty Mt. Rhug was flat now except for a small snowy hill. The hill shook and snow fell away revealing a pile of bodies.
The Falsewyrm had been killed by the initial explosion of the barge. Its body had made perfect armor for the WarDragon and people underneath it. The War Dragon had absorbed the next layer of blasts keeping Lord Mada and his charges safe. Now Nightmare Penguins in Power Armor pushed the War Dragon’s body off the hull of the shattered Lur Union Fighter revealing the survivors.

Makka’na had never really seen snow before so it was terrifying to the young Red Fur. For Glog there was something about the snow that spoke to his heart. To Lord Mada it reminded him of the terrible blizzards and cold winters of his youth spent in Kasanth.

Lord Mada converted some of his own lifeforce to bring both WarDragon and Falsewyrm back to life. Neither being seemed pleased being used as a living shield, but then again, none were surprised to see a Kasanthian show such callousness.

Makka’na concentrated and her fire spirit appeared. She leapt on its back, and looked back at the rest.

“We need to capture Kolgol if this Kalok madness is to end,” she said firmly.

Lord Mada once more onboard the War Dragon agree, “Those of you without steeds. Get onboard. We have little time to waste.”

“Yo, you folks, You there,” yelled an Earther on the back of a floating mekanoid. It puttered closer before finally landing.

Seeing a Quall, a Kasanthian and a Pit Mongrel in the same space, made Burke the Merc think of a terrible joke. A terrible joke that echoed in his mind ever since that Giant clown priest tried to touch him in the alley using his small robots to keep him from escaping. Molestation was no joke, and Burke had suffered a great deal of trauma from it.

“Hiya, I got a little lost,” said Burke, “I recognize you Glog, from that nice meeting at your cave. You know the one where you served the nice finger sandwiches and you got kidnapped by Mag Der’al? Good times, good times. Well I was doing a little more work in the area and seem to have been snatched up by this volcano. I tried driving away on my hoverbike but any direction I go leads me back to this ugly stinky screaming volcano.”

“Now that my friend, is a concerning problem,” said Lurtor as he tried his commcrystal and realized it wasn’t working.

Part 5: Kharos of Kalok

Kharos rubbed his eyes, pieces of obsidian flaking away, yet his vision was unmarred. Since being possessed by Kalok, Kharos had seen the wonders that Kolgol had often spoken of first hand. For what felt like aeons Kharos had been pumping fire into the heart of the Volcano preparing it to explode. Yet before his eyes frost had come, and grown from the ground around him. Between blinks of his eyes, snow had fall in a thick layer on the top of the volcano. Cooling it momentarily.

Kharos adjusted his sword, and finally drew it in a single motion. As he did so, he fire lept across the caldera. He dipped his sword down, and Kalok’s essense went through it. The blade extended deep into Mt. Rhug but couldn’t find the tear through reality that Kalok expected to be there.

Kharos ascended Mt. Rhug until he stood on its lip, staring down at the frozen empty landscape.
Where were the other mountains of Tla’loc’al? Where were the forests of Mt. Ruil that should be seen in the distance? This was not the view Kharos had seen for more days than he could count.

In a panic he descended once again into the mountain. On the temple overlooking what had been a hot magma was not just simply snow over cold hard obsidian. A cap over his beloved Mt. Rhug.

Kalok raged inside Kharos, not knowing what to do. Despite his status as a Greater Evil he was not omnipotent. He could not simply know what had happened.

Kharos called for his Balgogs who began pumping hellfire into the volcano, trying to remelt the cap.
There was the loud rushing of wings and suddenly there was a WarDragon among his balgogs. Knocking two of them to the side, the dragonic threat already had momentum on its side. The magi-cannons mounted on the WarDragon’s shoulders began unleashing beam after beam into the surprised Balgogs.

One of Kharos’ men pulled a grenade, but a pair of sniper’s bullets left the Olgog without arms and he dropped the live grenade danger close. Kharos was knocked over by the explosion. His ears were ringing, and he saw wounded Olgogs all around him.

Down the steps of the half-completed temple, Kharos saw a tall lanky Red Fur dressed in shining plate mail. She had her poleaxe pointed right at him, and yelled a challenge as she charged. Kharos quickly drew his sword, parried and then delivered a precise cut to the back of Makka’na’s knee. The blade cut deeply, as the armor was weak there, and Makka’na stumbled. Dropping down to a loping crawl, she never realized how beneficial it had been for her to learn to run this way. With a wounded leg, a two legged running Greenfur would be down for the count. But for a loping pit mongrel, it only slowed here down a bit.

She swung her damaged leg like a bludgeon, as she pivoted on her elbows while still holding the poleaxe. First she swept Kharos’ legs, and then the blade of her poleaxe caught him exposed as he fell. Kharos felt the pain, and the wound was bad…really bad. But in his possessed state, he could not stop fighting.

Across from them, Lord Mada was hanging off the back of one Balgog holding on for dear life with a shapeshifted claw, while his other hand was firing a barrage from his Magi cannon on another Balgog.

Lurtor held a pair of artificed pistols as he approached the place where Kharos and Makka’na dueled.
A gun sounded…quite unlike Lurtor’s and the olgog spy felt a wet sensation on his chest. Reaching down, he brushed his armor. The fingers touched on his flask, and found a round bullet hole in it, which had been stopped by his armor. Unluckily it had ruined a fine batch of K’iou Vagna.

Lurtor realized there would be hell to pay when he got home and spoke to Lalder. He also knew jacking the Lur Union Fightercraft to help his VLAD friends escape had been both the right thing to do and necessary for his continued relationship with VLAD. The secret VLAD commcrystal had told him about the operation, and he knew he couldn’t tell Lalder.

But as he worried about these matters, Lurtor calmly blasted the shooting hand clean off the last living member of the Brezan 15. When that fool had enough hutzpah to pull a grenade with the other hand, Lurtor ended him before he could pull the pin.

Kharos tried to lift the grenade himself, but one of Glog’s freezing spears knocked it away. Another of the spears struck Kharos firmly on the chest, and a huge creature could be see extending from Kharos’ back for just that moment. Then the spirit of Kalok was out of his body and into the body of one of the Fell Balgogs trying to reignite Mt. Rhug.

Then there was the loud sound of a trio of heavy machineguns.

Lurtor dived behind a pillar moments before the stone he had been standing on was pulverized. Lurtor glanced up to see a weaponized Zepplin hanging in the air above the mountain.

A single biplane flew at their position dropping a petrol bomb that exploded with whoosh as it seperated Lurtor from Kharos with a wall of flames. Lord Mada’s Wardragon leapt upon the Biplane and ripped its wings off before hurling the cockpit at a nearby wall.

Lord Mada’s Penguins in power armor began giving return fire to the Cyclos Zepplin with their magi cannons. The airship made one pass, splattering a nightmare penguin in its armor with rocket-fire, before finally escaping over the lip of the volcano.

Kharos rose up feeling invincible on the other side of the flames. Kalok had kept him safe, and now he would bring about the end of these unbelievers. Then a large armored truck skidded to a stop just below the temple. It had the markings of an Outcasts vehicle, and the Olgog who pointed the shoulder mounted missiles launcher at him was anything but friendly looking. Then the Outcast turned, pointing the multi-missile system at the Fell Balgog acting as host of Kalok. The Hell-forged Automaton was battered by a trio of liquid nitrogen missiles, which momentarily froze it solid.

Inside the frozen stone, the heat was already starting to build.

Ogurox took this moment to charge the Host of Kalok. Using his four arms he lifted up the Balgog and hurled it into the volcano. The Balgog struck with enough force that it cracked the obsidian capping layer and plunged deep into the churning lava below. It was consumed and from its body, Kalok emerged once again. It infused the mountain and became the mountain, and Kalok now knew he was trapped within a hell-dimension and his rage was great.

The others didn’t know all this, they simply saw the Balgog disappear below the snow and not reappear.

Lurtor approached the Outcast, “Do you radios work? My commcrystal doesn’t.”

The olgog immutable replied, “Negative, we only get static…and screaming…
The lands outside of Mt. Rhug has been taken. The Fell Balgogs are giving our soldiers a challenge, but the rest of the Rhug’na’ru airfleet has retreated since the mountain was destroyed on our side.”

“Destroyed?” asked Lurtor.

“Its only a ghost of itself,” said the immutable, “But the Fell Balgogs and now demonic Ka Rhug are still streaming out of it. A squad, every hour or so. Enough to concern us, but not enough to defeat the siege force we have out there. Enough to… get down!!”

The immutable began firing his missile launcher until it clicked empty. The missiles rushed out towards the growing lava monster that was extending up from the volcano. Kalok grabbed all three missiles in one hand. They hardened the hand and it feel uselessly towards the ground.
Other Outcasts began to fire their missile launchers, pelting the fiery form of Kalok. But Kalok was technically already dead, and could not die again. If he were to die again on any other dimension he would just return here.

As Kalok’s body shattered a second time, the voice of Kalok could be heard. “I bless you with my mercy in this eruption.”

The volcano began to quake and finally erupted. But no longer superheated rock and soot, it instead bathed the landscape in its own corrupted nature. This was the final piece of the hell-dimension’s formation. Each day on this despotic land, Kalok’s rage would cause the volcano to explode, and yet afterwards it would return to normal.

When the smoke cleared, those who had arrived on this dimension alive remained alive. Yet the explosion of raw evil had scalded their very spirits and left them feeling very raw.

And Kalok was once more inside the body of Kharos of Ka Rhug.

Lurtor blinked his eyes a few times, and saw in front of them stood an undead being covered in heavy armor who had protected them, from the explosion. He finally recognized the strange war machine as none other than Torlok’ab of Unit 817. It seemed the Shield of the Redeemer had arrived at the perfect time.

Torlok’ab said, “Kalok, by the authority invested in me by the Bladed Sun, and the Ascended Beings, I command you to release your hold on this dimension.”

Part 6: The Death of Ar’yay Hive Queen

An energy bridge opened just south of the fighting, A Quall warrior stepped out, he stepped aside as Pit Mongrels spewed forth from the gateway behind him. The Warrior approached the commander of the UtR forces with urgency. As he headed over, the stream of Pit Mongrels exiting through the gate continues unabated. The Quall warrior spoke, “Noble Olgogs, I am Ludr’atath of the Hive of Ar’yay Hivequeen. I am here on my final mission. The Hive is under attack from the K’iou of Beacon City, the mechanized monstrosities of the Unity, and the time traveling Da’humb. Their blind hatred has caused them to lash out at us despite all of our efforts at peace. They slaughter us because they cannot strike against the Hives that actually have cause them misery. We have tried so hard to bridge the gap between our species yet they do not care as long as Quall blood is split.
As I speak trillions of my family die, I can hear their deaths in my head, their screams echo in my ears. We are evacuating the civilians as fast as we can, but so many have been caught in the explosions that the Da’humb are casually throwing around. There is little time left, we need to make sure that we save as many as possible. A new beginning for these Pit Mongrels are coming, a new future for us all, I only wish I could see it with my eyes, however I never shall. I pray that the sacrifice of so many will be worth it.”
Ludr’atath waved his arms at the portal, “Behold, the new dawn approaches! The Hive of Ar’yay is no more; the time of the Ar’Yeseri has come!”
With a nod and a tear in his eye, Ludr’atath wrapped his arms around himself and began to glow. The Leyas flowed through him as the Sacrifice took effect and with a flash he was gone. Another flash and a wondrous sight was beheld. All of the Pit Mongrels who had served Ar’yay’s Hive glowed for several seconds. When the light faded, their fur was no longer red, but the normal Green coloring of the Olgogs. Anyone close to a Flayer began to notice that they too were glowing and when it faded an Aegelis took its place. The Horned Dog Cultists were altered as well as their larva changed into an Ar’Yeseri larva.
Hundreds of Portals opened all over the Goblin Lands, from each one swarms of Pit Mongrels emerged and after glowing brightly turned into Olgogs. Hundreds of Millions of Olgogs have now entered Der’al, unfamiliar; they lived all of their lives in the lands of Ar’yay Hivequeen. They do not belong to any tribe, they were born Pit Mongrels from many generations of Pit Mongrels.
They have been restored to Olgogs through the sacrifice of an entire Quall Hive. Countless lives given in sacrifice to restore the Flayers and Pit Mongrels to their Aegelis and Olgog forms. For some it was the first time they felt such an experience.
Deep in the hell-dimension swirling around the Caldera of Mt. Rhug volcano, Makka’na awoke alongside Ogurox the Quall. The Quall was soot-covered and had blackened stripes in his red hide where the blast inside Mt. Rhug had singed his soul. Unlike his other Quall family, he had been here, in the heart of a burgeoning hell-dimension when the death of Ar’yay and her final love had spread across our dimension and countless others. But here, he was removed from all hope, all love, all words from his hive. He had assumed it was from the hell-dimension. But when he looked over and saw Makka’na looking upon him with Olgog eyes and full green fur, Ogurox knew something else had happened. It just hadn’t touched him, here bathed in the rage of Kalok, Ogurox had instead metamorphosized into a Hivelord. Ogurox Hivelord still remembered the great love of Ar’yay and swore to return to her service. But first he would need to close this hell-dimension before it consumed all of Refuge.

Epilogue: the Battle at Camp Cleansing Fire

The hot sun beat down upon the two large airships, filled with goods in the large cargo holds. But food and water was not all they brought. Weapons and defenses, their steam tank, and a few biplanes, were brought as well.

Hide stood at the bridge of the lead vessel, slowing the ship down as it approached the camp, where many citizens of the Ka’rhug huddled underground from the heat. They were here to defend them from armies that saw only Kalok in these peaceful people, led astray by the false god. But that did not matter to the Rhug’na’ru, nor Hide. These people needed to be defended and they would be there to do just that.

It took less then ten minutes to set up the Steam tank to overlook the lands surrounding Camp Cleansing Fire. And its cannon was prepared, though its crew was saddened to have to take the lives of other Olgogs.

The Karovians came en mass, to his surprise and they demanded the Rhug’na’ru unconditionally surrender. The Rhug’na’ru had no interest in surrendering the innocent Ka Rhug citizenry to the wild Gor’abs who openely flashed their scimitars at the citizens.

And so it came wave after wave of attack, with more bullets expended than Hide cared to count. Another salvo of rockets trailed down into a group of Karovians foolish enough to stand close. The machineguns sounded through the day, as the Karovians were gunned down.
What had started as proud work, began to feel like a meat grinder. Hide had seen bodies blown apart in ways not pleasant to the eye. He had watched a Gor’ab with arms and legs blown off trying to crawl forward in combat with just his bleeding nubs.

It made Hide feel a little sick. While he trusted Captain Reshed’s judgement, Hide wondered how they would calm the people of Karov after this battle. The gun of the Steam Tank sounded once again below them, and a plume of sand and rock showed where it hit and obliterated another Karovian position.

Then suddenly he watched Camp Cleansing Fire collapsed beneath them. Giant alien millipedes known as Mighty Yadols burrowed up through the encampment. Walls fell as the rock below them was churned to dirt, and the camp slid down.

He was never so happy to be onboard a fine zepplin. The Steam tank was no so lucky. As the Mighty Yadols tunneled underneath the camp, giant sinkholes opened up on the surface and the Steam Tank soon found itself in freefall.

Hide didn’t know the people inside the collapsing camp had all be captured by grabbing vines and saved a death by suffocation under all that dirt. As far as he saw, the camp he had protected so diligently was no more. Mighty Yadols now crawled across the ruined settlement, and Hide signaled to his allies to grab as many survivors as possible and withdraw to Rhug’Tor.

As he watched the ruins of Camp Cleansing Fire disappear over the horizon, Hide couldn’t help but wonder how many of the Survivors of Ka Rhug he had saved would bring Kalok with them.

The Rewards

The redeemed Pit Mongrels. The Following tribes and settlements gain the following population bonus of Ar’yay’s Olgogs. All Ar’yay’s Olgogs are H.P. 24, F.S. 4, 2 attacks, Conscious, L.R. 4, Earth 3, Fire 3. Always has Leyas Sight at 4 Successes.

Settlements (these will help defend the settlement but cannot be used for production of artifacts or gear by players)
Rhug’Tor gains 100,000 Olgogs (Now Needs Food, More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
Simonsburg gains 100,000 Olgogs (Now Needs Food, More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
Drewsport gains 10,000 Olgogs (Now Needs Food, More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
UtR Trading post gains 10,000 Olgogs (Now Needs More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
The Ruins of Jamesville gains 10,000 Olgogs (Now Needs Food, Shelters Built, and sanitation services)
Absalom gains 10,000 Olgogs (Now Needs Food, More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
Zh’ka’al gains 10,000 Olgogs (Now Needs Food, More Water, and more sanitation services)
The Shadow Dome of Karov gains 10,000 Olgogs (Now Needs Food, More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
Bartsport: Lord Mada gains 25 Olgog Paid Butlers for his Manor
Port Unen: Sir Mag’Nrs gains 15 Olgog who wish to be Knights for his Church
Mag Buskt Island: The island gains an additional 1,000 Olgogs now learning the Bruskti way.

Independent Growth in regions
Brez gains 50 Million extra Olgog citizens (independent)
Karov gains 50 Million extra Olgog citizens (independent)
Unen gains 50 Million extra Olgog citizens (independent)
Tla’loc’al gains 50 Million extra Olgog citizens (independent)
The Feral South gains 1 Million extra Olgog citizens (independent)

Faction Gains (these will help defend the faction but require at least two players from the same faction to post to use this group, )
UtR gains 1 Million Olgogs (Now Needs Food, More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
Der’al Collective gains 1 Million Olgogs (Now Needs Food, More Water, and more sanitation services)
G.U.T.S. gains 10,000 Olgogs (Free Traders who will simply drop off goods to G.U.T.S. But can be used to engage embargos and trade blockades on enemy settlements if 2 GUTS members agree.)

Specific Player Gains (these can be used as members of the tribe, but are not devotion followers. These can be used for production or for building.)
Lalder gains 1000 Olgogs (Now Needs More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
Ol’Lur gains 750 Olgogs (Now Needs More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
Yagogial gains 750 Olgogs (Now Needs More Food, More Shelters built, and More sanitation services)
Gang of Uf Mag’og gains 750 Olgogs (Now Needs More Sanitation services)
Rhug’na’ru gains 700 Olgogs (Now Needs More Food and More sanitation services)
Or’Lur gains 500 Olgogs (Now Needs More Shelters Built, and more sanitation services)
Krodnok gains 500 Olgogs (Now Needs More Food, More Water, and More sanitation services)
Urik’s Outcasts gains 500 Olgogs (Now Needs More Food, More Shelters built, and More sanitation services)
Unit 817 gains 500 Olgogs (Now Needs More Food, More Shelters built, and More sanitation services)
Kolgol gains 250 Olgogs (Now Needs More Food, More Shelters built, and More sanitation services)
Lord Grimaldus; Sir Resugent gains 100 Olgogs (Now Needs More Food)
Ka Gor gains 700 Olgogs (Now Needs More Sanitation services) with Quall Hide armor with Protective Aura (8 successes) and Obsidian swords with Fire Sword (8 Successes) plus each Pit Mongrel has 4 Javelins with Fire Lancet (8 successes when thrown bursts into flame and guides itself to the target)

If you or your faction or your settlement chooses not to accept these newely freed Olgogs please advise in the linked post where you will be sending the Refugees.

Player Rewards Continued.

Krodnok gains Trapped a Fountain of Demonic Energy . As long as the Flying Armory is binding the demonic hell-dimension growing at Mt. Rhug, Krodnok gains +3 additional Automatic Successes to Shadow Leyas, Fire Leyas, and Summoning Leyas tests including for artificing. Or it can be used to make 10 Hellforged Power Generators each week (each 5 can be used to power 1 demonic starship, providing life support and defense for 10 people, or 10 or more can be put together for a larger-scale vessel).
However if the Flying Armory moves (or is moved by external forces) without the Mt. Rhug Rip-gate being plugged, Mt. Rhug’s hell dimension will spill forth demons across the Goblin Lands and begin consuming the rest of Tla’loc’al before eating Refuge and our reality. So he has a hard choice, try and hold the Flying Armory against all comers to hold the Mt. Rhug Rip-gate at its current state. OR give up the font of such power, and help other heroes close the gate and force Mt. Rhug safely into its own hell-dimension.
Half of Kolgol’s forces sent to Camp Cleansing Flame have been captured by the Wild Karovians, GulTor’Uf and the Yagogi’al. The other half safely escaped to Rhug’Tor saved by Rhug’na’ru.

Kolgol gains Death is Transitory…even when it isn’t. All Black Legion of Ka Rhug Soldiers (except Kolgol, Gor’mag, Eru’khaz and the Kalokgogs) deployed at Mt. Rhug have been killed and burned to ash. But the touch of Kalok has claimed their souls. They are now risen as Malevolents trapped in Kalok’s service for eternity. Malevolents are the lowest rank of demonic soldiers. They count as F.S. 7, and are damaged by all weapons that harm demons, lesser evils and Ancient evils. They retain any Leyas they learned during life, but may no longer learn higher levels of Leyas. All obsidian weapons they construct now count as hellforged obsidian weapons (no longer shatter on metal armor and can damage all creatures even those normally immune to their obsidian weapon’s melee or missile dmg). They gain claws that do Strength x2 melee dmg.
These Malevolents can be banished using Summoning Leyas but when either banished or destroyed they simply return to the hell-dimension now in Mt. Rhug. If Mt. Rhug is driven from our dimension completely, and the Mt. Rhug Rip-gate is closed, then these Malevolents will only be deployable when enough other olgogs have been convinced to worship Kalok. But as long as the hell-dimension remains open, these Black Legion Malevolents can be deployed as normal with these demonic upgrades.

Lalder gains Aerial Superiority over the Mt. Rhug site. Seven Lur Union Fighters are severly damaged (will be repaired after final GL2 mission). All pilots and gunners in all vehicles gain +1 attack when involved in Vehicle combat.
Lalder gains Tanker Crew!! The entire crew of the Steam Levi-Tank gains Pilot: Tank 3 Skill and Profession: Tanker 3. They also gain +2 bonus to their emotional control when in the Levi-tank.

Rhug’na’ru gains We Need some Anti-Orbital weapons or Bigger Missiles if we are going to fight that Carrier. Five Biplanes were destroyed, and additional three are in need of repairs will be repaired after final GL2 mission. Two Hindengogs are in need of repairs and one Hindengog was destroyed. Lost 1 Immutable Pilot and have an additional four Pilots with broken bones (legs and arms will require a few weeks of healing unless access to nanites or other high tech healing tech). All surviving pilots and gunners in all vehicles gain +1 attack when involved in Vehicle combat. All other vehicles escaped without incident after the attack by the Flying Armory.
The Steam Tank is buried at Camp Cleansing Fire. Go to that thread to negotiate digging it out.

The Ka Gor Tribe has all Red Fur Pit Mongrels change to Green Fur Olgogs. They retain their natural Leyas sight but gain true eyes. All except for Yirhug, who for some strange reason didn’t gain Ar’yay’s blessings.
All Horned Dogs (Quall Larva) become Ar’Yeserai. Please PM Narrator for Ar’Yeserai rules or refer to Space Campaign 3. All Quall are disinitigrated except Ogurox who has now become a HiveLord loyal to the Army of the True Flame. Additionally all Flayers gained so far become Aegelis loyal to the Army of the True Flame.
The Dimension Walker of the Ka Gor Tribe is finally freed from his vow to the Quall. The Dimension Walker and Yirhug gains lvl 2+ 3 Dimension Walker special trainings and the Eruption Sage Special Training (see border wars: aftermath).
Gorkaog escapes GulTor Uf after becoming a Green Fur.

GulTor’Uf gains Kaloklur gains an additional 50 Red Furs from Ardana (30) and Andara’s Hives (20). The Ardana Hive Red Furs use standard stats but gain +2 Will. The Andara Hive Red Furs gain +2 Intelligence vs standard kit.
Kaloklur has now left GulTor’Uf and while still using the GulTor’Uf screen name is now an independent group as long as they remain a seperate group.

Lord Mada gains 3 Months extended Life.