Favorite Background Music for Gaming

Hey Gamers,

Music is important to me and my game group, and I was wondering what is your favorite music to set a mood for a gaming session.

Personal preference for a DR game is anything by Queen. We are the champions makes a great end of game song.

I also like MC Chris but that is for Time Shredders games where everything has gone all timey-wimey.

I personally enjoy Rush for pregame psyching up,
Serj Tankian for moments when the players should notice something but don’t.
Pink Floyd (any cept Money) for any space campaign time flying between planets.
And Gaelic Storm , Dropkick Murphys, and the Dubliners for end of adventure Bar scenes.

And of course David Bowie for Neo Vargas parties (yes Let’s Dance is perfect for the Red Candle District)

Best product of that nature was Red Steel by old school TSR, they got the Zorro esc adventure soundtrack down.

I ascended to the opening song from metal gear solid, the Gaelic one. Honestly a lot of times video game music makes for great game background music.

If you can find it there is also a bunch of shadowrun inspired techno songs by an Aussie by the name of harmony steel. Those are perfect for any cyberpunk style game.

Lately I’ve been listening to Van Canto songs when ever I’m gaming. Most resent interest is ‘Wishmaster’ but ‘If I Die in Battle’ fits way better in DR

Bite me :stuck_out_tongue:

Otherwise, long live Rush!