End of the Goblin Lands Part 1: Madness of Protodoxa and the Opportunity it created

The bastards serving in the VLAD spy agency had their own Green Room, when waiting for mission assignments. It was reinforced to handle any unexpected explosions and had a catering table set up at all times. No cheese was available due to its intoxicating effects on the little alien beings. Instead the largest plate was covered in peanut butter and banana sandwiches, both peanuts and bananas known to have a calming effect on a bastard’s constitution.

The Green Room was right down the hall from Agent McMurphy’s office. This was a calculated danger to prevent the bastards from traveling too far around the facility when attending meetings with the boss.
Luckily the bastards were loyal, and McMurphy’s own personal assistant Tilde was a bastard as well. She had her hair up in two little ponytails, and was skipping down the hall from McMurphy’s office. She opened the door to the green room and skipped past Grim, and helped herself to a peanut butter and banana sandwich. She turned with a mouth full of peanut butter and began to skip back towards the boss’ office. Grim asked her, “What’s keeping McMurphy? Our meeting…”

“Your meeting is delayed,” said Tilde in a high pitched voice, “Mr. McMurphy is telling Mr Colony General Sir news about Warmonger Cult activity down in the Goblin Lands.”

“I just got back from there,” said Grim, “Can you tell me what is going on?”

“Okay it wasn’t top secret just a battle report,” said Tilde, “An Olgog named Protodoxa led a Warmonger Cult attack on a Church of One Fortress Isaias.”

“An attack? How many soldiers did he lead?” asked Grim in surprise.

“None, one blue fur Olgog against an entire castle,” said Tilde growing so excited she spat bits of bread and banana, “Two hundred Earther colonists from Dunesphere are dead. I don’t like Dunesphere, they are a bunch’a’racists.”

“Agreed,” said Grim, “Thanks Tilde. Can I leave McMurphy a note on his desk?”

“Sure,” said Tilde hopping away. Grim had been a loyal VLAD agent in every mission he’d been on, and VLAD gave their good agents a lot of latitude.

Grim had heard the his old friend had succumbed to the madness again. ‘This is not good. I have to keep my promise to the old bum,’ Grim thought to himself as he sliced off his finger and left it wrapped with a note on the office desk. ‘Well, at least i’ll go knowing that I messed with McMurphy one last time.’ Laughing to himself, he vanished out of the office of VLAD.

Appearing outside the fortress, Grim started to draw on his inner Darkness. Walking calmly forward, he drew out his harmonica and proceeded to play a dirge. In the sky above him, the wooden airframed Lur Union Fightercraft were drawing missile fire from the top of the Fortress.

As the hidden missile launchers revealed themselves, counterfire from a Hindengog Zepplin eliminated one launcher operator after another. A trio of missiles flew forth from the fortress going straight for the Hindengog. A pair of Lur Union fighter aircraft intercepted the missiles, blowing them out of the sky with precise laser strikes.

One of the fightercraft was not so lucky. A stray missile locked onto it and crashed into it, washing plasma throughout the inner hull. The Lur Union Fighter exploded from the inside out. From inside it fell Lalog’na and the tribals of the Auf Lal’al. They were burned but not dead, and their fall drew Grim’s attention for a few moments.

The attacks had bought time for a Hovercopter to drop off allied knights. They quickly took the Launcher emplacements and the missile fire stopped as suddenly as it had started.

In front of Grim was the large and imposing rock wall of the Fortress Isaias.

Part 2

Grim continued to play his harmonica as he walked the suprisingly empty halls of the fortress. He finally came upon the battle he had been searching for. The room was red with blood, and spattered with the white of shattered bone. Countless dead bodies were piled in the corners of the room. The floor leading down the main hallway to the room was like a trail of death. Grim was impressed with the carnage. He had not seen this much brutal bloodshed since the last time he saw the K’ias Abraxas on the warpath.

Still over fifty Church of One Paladins surrounded Protodoxa, creating a wall of swords and spears pointed at the blue fur Olgog. The Olgog’s aura was filled with stolen energy. One one side of him, Sir Resugent was firing off nerve disruption bolts into the possessed Olgog. Each time Protodoxa was struck he would slow for a bit, but then begin attacking with increased ferocity. Each time the Olgog’s cursed hammer killed another target, he seemed to recover from Resugent’s strikes.

As Grim walked into the the battle, all around him, combatants started to cry out in anguish and sadness as his song brought back to them their greatest losses and sorrows. As they continued to suffer, one by one they dropped into unconsciousness as they could stand the Song of Tragedy no longer. Resugent could feel himself starting to lose focus, and called an ordered retreat for his men.

Coming upon Protodoxa, Grim challenged his old friend in an attempt to stop him with out killing him if possible.

“Protodoxa wake the hell up, you old furball,” boomed Grim in a voice way larger than his size would imply.

The blue furred Olgog spun, and growled, his eyes not really seeing Grim. Protodoxa brought up his hammer and brought it down. Drawing a matched set of void blade kur’az, the world seems to darken and chill as Grim’s eyes turned black and the muscles on his arms seemed to quiver and ooze under his skin. Grim leapt with stunning speed out of the way and stepped forward with the blades using surgical precion.

The focii and piercings must come out, he decided. The dark gave him seeming impossible speed and strength, hardening his flesh and quicken in him in a way he had not done since the night he killed the Ur-King and won his freedom. Seperating 'Doxa and the hammer must be done quickly if he was to survive.

Grim’s last thoughts as he entered the fight was ‘Not sure if I can win, but I know he would rather I stop him then let this happen.’
His right blade snicked out, and cut off a nipple ring. Then his left blade dived low and cut off a toe ring. Grim flipped over another swing by the deadly hammer. Landing, both left and right blade came forward to cut out a demonic-looking leather doll sewn into the flesh of Protodoxa’s stomach.

Protodoxa roared in pain and rage and frustration, with green hellfire glowing off the head off his hammer. Protodoxa snarled and brought his hammer down the nearest unconscious knight’s body. With a splash of blood coating the hammerhead, Protodoxa brought air leyas into himself and forced it out and around Grim. On a lucky shot, he actually caught Grim and whipped the little fighter off his feet.
With Grim in his grasp, Protodoxa prepared to crush the life out of the little bastard. Grim’s void blade came up and cut the tendons on the back of Protodoxa’s hand. As the fingers went slack, Grim hit the ground and rolled away from the descending hammer.

Protodoxa concentrated on the hand, and it regenerated.

In that moment of distraction a blade sliced from thin air, cutting a hole through reality. Out of that hole stepped Akalus Ha’ku Yohai, and following him was the cambion knight Rogarth and the former Mind Spike Moli Nial. Alongside them were the Yagogi Gor’abs, Yagogi’al, and the Mag Buskt.
From the other side, Resugent and his knights had once more surrounded Protodoxa.

One of the knights stepped forward pulling off his helm and revealing Lalder of the Auf Lal’al. Raising his hands, Lalder attempted to banish the power controlling Protodoxa. He could sense the evil presence inside the Olgog. He tried to push it out, but found it was beyond his powers.

Then Protodoxa’s hammer struck him and send him flying across the room. Lalder struck the wall with enough force to crack two ribs. He fell to his knees and his breathing grew painful. As the blue furred Olgog approached, to deliver the killing blow, Lalder tried to sooth his former ally’s rage.
It seemed to work for a moment, as Protodoxa blinked as if seeing Lalder for the first time.

Then Mag Buskt struck him from behind, and Protodoxa was driven once more into the rage. Mag Buskt’s zela scimitar cut deep into Protodoxa’s forearm, and the blue furred Olgog shuttered in pain. Protodoxa’s hammerhead came up and blasted the Mag Buskt back. But he was not alone, and Yagogi’al was there to strike at this opening. The master Gor’ab raised the sword of Mag Buskt and made a pair of deeper cuts into the already wounded arm holding the hammer. Protodoxa would not be stopped so easily, taking all of his stolen lifeforce and pushing into the arm. The arm began restoring itself. And the hammerhead came swinging towards the Gor’ab. He tried a tactic he would never have dared with his original sword. He parried the hammer on the Nightmare Lord forged sword of Mag Buskt. The Hammer recoiled with an audible scream. The head of the hammer split open, and Mag Buskt roared, “Now Yohai, Now Daemonsbane.”

Yohai stepped forward and brought his living no’dachi in a wide sweeping cut. The blade severed Protodoxa’s arm in one smooth motion. Protodoxa roared reaching for the Hammer with his other hand. Grim leapt into the air, cutting with his blades into the outstretched hand and preventing the catch. Hammer and body were seperated and the Gor’abs stepped in. Their zela blades pinned the disarmed Protodoxa to the ground. He was wounded but not dead yet his stolen lifeforce still so great.

Rogarth grabbed the Hammer as it arced up into the air. He brought the hole carved by the Mag Buskt’s sword up to his mouth and he inhaled deeply. From inside the living weapon, the spirit of a Fiend of Warmonger was drawn out. Protodoxa had never faltered, but his living hammer had been lured to make a deal with the demons. The fiend who took over the hammer used its powers to possess Protodoxa and use his bond with the hammer against him.

Now the fiend fed Rogarth the greatest nourshment he had allowed himself in days. There was a howl at the unfairness of it all and then the room was quiet.

Protodoxa’s body sagged. Mag Buskt began to trace ritual markings on the blue furred Olgog.
The cheiftian occultist turned towards Grim as he worked. “Excellent work, little one. You have removed all of the bindings chaining his soul to the possessor. Now we must free his mind of the psychic imprint or he will be tormented by it forever.”

Grim began gathering the trinkets he had cut from Protodoxa and placed them in his shadow cocoon bag.

“Work quickly if you can Mag Buskt,” said Resugent, “Soon these soldiers will awaken, and you must not be here. And he…he must definitely not be here.”

“I will do as I need to,” said Mag Buskt indignantly, “It is done. Daemonsbane, you must be ready to consume the demonseed left in Protodoxa’s mind.”

“I am ready,” said Rogarth feeling power surge through him.

Mag Buskt began chanting in the mind twisting tongue of the Nightmare Lords. All present began to hallucinate colors and sounds and smells that did not conform to their environment.
The wisp of colors began to flow from Protodoxa’s mouth and nose. Rogarth inhaled it and felt the curse of the hammer transfer itself from Protodoxa to Rogarth. However Rogarth had willfully controlled the Daemonsbane sword for millenia, so this puny cursed weapon had no power over him.

Protodoxa soon feel into a deep sleep.

Lalder said, “Im calling in our air pickup. We will discuss these matters back in Tla’loc’al.”

Resugent got confirmation from his knights that the problem of the Inquisitors in the keep was solved.
“Yes we have succeeded, by God’s grace.”

Epilogue
Once the battle is over the survivors were gathered together and Grimaldus addressed them. “My brothers, you have faced a horrible foe and we have all emerged victorious. Your comrades in arms would be proud of your bravery and tenacity. However things are not as they seem, as you have noticed there is a group of Goblins here who have also fought against your attacker. No doubt you find it odd that I am not moving against them, there is a good reason for this. You have been plied with lies and deceits, let me show you the truth of what you have served.” (Grimaldus will show them the proof of the Church’s misdeeds) He will give them a few moments to rest as his Paladins led by Resugent healed all of the Captured Paladins, "As you see things are not as simple as you believed a scant few minutes ago. Now I am not going to demand that you befriend the Goblins, I have still not truly forgiven them for their actions. All I ask of you is for you to look to the future and put these feelings aside for the time being and join with me in trying to create a future for our people where we aren’t driven by hate and violence.

I tell you that I plan on petitioning the Colonies for aid. I wish to create a new Earther Colony down in the south where we can live and where we can protect our people. We can use their resources to help make this land more livable and a better home for our people. I also wish to gain their protection from the Church, I tell you now that there is a rogue Inquisitor named Sidermann who wants to manipulate us. He wants to use us for his purposes and claims to be able to protect us. He has known the truth of the Church this whole time and yet did nothing to aid the people, we cannot rely upon such cruel manipulative people, we must rely upon ourselves and those willing to aid us in good faith. We must ask for the Colonies to aid us, with their help we can become strong and self sufficient."

Looking upon the faces of his forces and the few that survived the attack. “My friends, my brothers, we do not have to give up our faith, that is what makes us who we are. It keeps us strong and defines us, this is not the end for us, but a new beginning. God is pure, it is just that his servants have perpetrated a great evil, due to the interference of an evil alien being. We let hate guide us instead of God’s love. We must return to the true tenets of the Church, faith, love, and protecting the innocent. Join with me, and we can carve out a new future in these harsh lands, living peacefully with our neighbors and respecting each others boarders. We can make a new Earther nation that keeps our unique culture without the death of others just because they are different. We can survive and show this world that faith can be pure and good!”

:confused:Rewards:confused:

Lord Grimaldus gains The Loyalty of Fortress Isaias. He now has complete loyalty and control of Fortress Isaias. He gains 100 Elite Knights who survived the Protodoxa attack (they are now FS 7 knights, who have an emotional control of 4.)
After the Madness of Protodoxa, the Colonial government has issued an edict declaring a Provisional Colony to be set up ranging from fortress Isaias to Jamesville to the Tower of Resugent (based on VLAD intel reports). Interestingly enough the Church of One Loyalist settlements of Thomasville, Johnsport, and Petersburg were NOT included in the Provisional Charter offer. Their growth over two years will decide if the provisional status becomes a new full Colony. Lord Grimaldus may select two new settlements to build. One between Isaias and Jamesville, and one between Jamesville and the Tower of Resugent. Each settlement must have a Mayor assigned to it, (or voted on internally) and must allow all colonial citizens access no matter what their species or religious affiliation. Tower of Resugent, Jamesville Contamination Zone, and Tower of Resugent may retain segregated if Lord Grimaldus chooses. Come to this link to handle specifics.
During Intermission: Gain 100 Knights (standard) on top of the above knights to inhabit Fortress Isaias
After Part 2 starts with Week 16 Missions: Gains 200 Knights added to Fortress Isaias.
Citizens(Citizens can’t be called upon in production, artifact creation or missions, they simply live in the land, region, housing in areas controlled by this tribe): 100 Earthers & Olgogs (many faiths) to live in 1st town (between Jamesville and Isaias) and 50 Earthers and Olgogs (many faiths) in the 2nd town (between Jamesville and Tower of Resugent.

Grim gains The RagDoll of Demonic Influence. If sewn into the flesh of a target, that target cannot defend against possession until the rag doll is cut out of the flesh by ANOTHER character. He also gains the Toe Ring War Focii, any attack automatically does 1 additional point of No A.R. Vampiric dmg (except with Zela weapons). He also gains the Nipple Rings of Demonic Power. Demonic attacks (attacks by summoned lesser evils or possessed characters, hellguns or hellforged weapons do +5 dmg of any of the following types of damage: Energy, Chill or Vampiric. Has no affect on attacks by nonpossessed characters, unless they are using hellguns or a hellforged weapons).

Yohai gains Learned the Ritual of Psychic Severing. Takes five combat rounds to use and will fail if the user is attacked and hit while using it. This ritual will drive a lesser evil, soul taker or fiend from a properly prepared body. Requires paint made from Nightmare ichor and the user’s blood. (Will not end a soul contract)

Lalder gains Lurtor learns some code words. Lurtor can now pass through all Church of One checkpoints below Lord-level when dressed properly. Auf Lal’al loses one Lur Union Fightercraft.
During Intermission: Gain 4 Lur Union Fightercraft
After Part 2 starts with Week 16 Missions: Gain 16 Lur Union Fightercraft.

Rhug’na’ru
gains Basic Gunpowder Rocket Technology. They cannot make guided missiles, but can make line of sight fired gunpowder rockets, and medium tech Shoulder fired gunpowder rockets. Studying the damaged guided missiles had taught Olav a thing or two about rocket propulsion.
Rockets (larger vehicle mounted or emplaced)-
30 Energy dmg, Lowers V.A.R. By 30, x2 dmg to Structures, No A.R. dmg to Giants & Wargiants
Shoulder fired Rockets (smaller manportable)- 15 Energy dmg,
Lowers V.A.R. By 15, x2 dmg to Structures, No A.R. On Giants and Wargiants.
Rockets are medium tech and single use items.
During Intermission: Gain 100 Shoulder Fired Rockets, Gain two Rocket Racks with twelve large missile each.
After Part 2 starts with Week 16 Missions: Gain 100 Ur Kug and 50 Goblin Gunners who live in Unen and were impressed with the Rhug’na’ru rocket techology. 10 Hindengogs with full weapon compliments (subsitute Rockets for Missiles onboard).
Citizens(Citizens can’t be called upon in production, artifact creation or missions, they simply live in the land, region, housing in areas controlled by this tribe): 50 who live surrounding the Hindengog production yards in Unen. They helped build the Intermission Hindengog fleet and are now enjoying their pay owning small businesses in Unen.

Yagogi’al the Ogab gains Fed the Sword of Mag Buskt. He will now glow to all demonic foes (even when hidden) and he does not know this. Yagogi’al gains +1 to his Edged Weapon Skill.
During Intermission: Gain 10 Ur Mak who have heard of the battle against Protodoxa and want to learn from Yagogi’al.
After Part 2 starts with Week 16 Missions: Gain 100 Ur Mak and ten Gor’ab Apprentices and five Mak’ab who have heard of the battle against Protodoxa and want to learn from Yagogi’al.
Citizens(Citizens can’t be called upon in production, artifact creation or missions, they simply live in the land, region, housing in areas controlled by this tribe): 100 Nomads drawn to the hero.

Daemonsbane gains the Cleansed Hammer of Protodoxa. Living Cursed Weapon. Strength x3 Melee dmg Bludgeon, all dmg that makes it through armor will restore HP. It will allow the user to expand their HP using this restore HP past their Max HP as high as 10x their max HP. So a character with HP of 30 would have 300. It currently raises Daemonsbane’s HP to 999. It can damage all creatures even those normally immune to melee dmg or bludgeoning dmg. Requires two hands to use in combat. Requires a strength of 8 to use in combat.
All character involved in this mission may come to The Auf’s cave to meet with them. They may stay and talk with Protodoxa unless asked to leave by The Auf of Ol’lur.