Building of the UtR Standing Army

Lalder was very proud that his efforts with the FKM members and that they have paid off. He sent word to the other council members of the UtR that he was starting to get them in Bigger numbers, and now was the time to get broader support for them.

They needed:
Barracks, Organization, Supplies (armor, weapons, Food, etc), and leadership.

He would start to set aside the Armorfiend Vests, Fire Lances (Spring Shot pistols with FireDart II), Springshot rifles. They needed a good melee weapon as well.

For Transport, He would need to create Lur Union Fighters and Skimmers to support them.

To do all of this, he would need the others help and support of the UtR and their input.

Mama Rapigog sent back a driftwood tablet with a her questions.

Auf Lalder,
Why we need a standing army? Who responsible for feeding dis army if we have no tax?

The tablet was artificed with translate so even if he didn’t learn the new language we could write a response.

Lalder "There are a few reasons. An organized force that can patrol our borders, respond to attacks. We know with the way things are going with the dead who still follow the Warmonger, there will continue to be attacks. Soon they will be on us.

Next we have to look for ways to bring in those Olgogs who do not follow tribes and tribes that do not wish to farm or build things. We can use them to protect many and keep them from deciding to attack other Olgogs instead of joining us. As you said in our meetings, everyone needs a place.

As for feeding and arming them. That is a good question. I had been working on recruiting the FKM members for my tribe, but this has been more successful than I thought it would be. So I offer it up to the UtR which can also make better use of them than just the needs of my tribe. Though I will keep my promise either way of having a place where they can belong. Whether in my tribe or the UtR.

There are options, like maybe we use the Army to part time help build up farms to support the nations. Though, as we already know they do not wish to farm, we couldn’t put much time on this. But maybe we could recruit more non tribals who would farm to help the state.

In the End, I do not know the answer of how myself, except that we need to bring these Olgogs into our ranks and not outside. And this is why I have asked for help, suggestions, and approval.

(OCC Yeah, I should have put more thought into the first post :-p Oh well)

10 Ur’Tor Juveniles arrive to assist with the construction of the army. They will build structures, patrol, and help transport materials to and from the arms production. It can be noted that Ka’Rhug is in support of the army itself.

The Elders of Or’Lur had talked over the idea and sent a messenger to Lalder.
“We agree that an army is of great use. We are willing to provide resources that we can spare along with helping to arm the army. We will even send out tribe members to help build structures that such a venture may need. How ever we would recommend a small council of representatives to help regulate and maintain order within this new army. We also recommend training at least a Company of Immutables, if not more, to deal with the strange contraptions and weapons of the Earthers.”

5 Ur Tor of Ol’Lur are here to assist in anything else that is needed on-site. Ol’Lur will work to set aside food to feed the army, and suggest that others do the same. If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

A standing army of 100 FKM recruits and twenty five FKM veterans have signed up as professional soldiers for the UtR army.
In exchange they need food, barracks and supplies.

The UtR may now select a location for their first true military base. It can be in any tribal lands controlled by a tribe which holds vote on the UtR tribal confederacy. Please select where this first military base is located as a group and then it will be added to the map. If it is decided before this weekend the base will appear on the month 5 update.

Once site selected the above tribals tasked will finish the work they have put in and the UtR will have a standing army which will grow based on time + success.

At least three members of the UtR must be in a mission for the army to be deployed and it cannot be deployed against any member tribe of the UtR. Kul Gul Rapi tribe retains a veto against deploying the army on any given mission.

Auf Lalyan says "Where should we put the Barracks. I think it should be close outside Tla’loc’al but on the outside part of our lands, getting as close to Unen and Brez as possible. We don’t want it on top of Tla’loc’al if we can. But that would allow us to keep this first base safe within lands. And keep it central enough to react to any situation in our lands.

We can even setup linked Trees to jump between for faster moves to the extreme ends of the nation for faster movement."

(OCC I’m not sure how to describe it, but I almost want it in Krav, but not, so its in the center of each area. Kindof a DC approach.)

Lalyan says "Additionally, we will Build a fighter for the army each week. Until they reach 10 of them. We will start off by donating 4 of them. We will also have 1 artificer making Fire Lances for them from their pistols they already have. We will build those for who done. This will take a few weeks to cover everyone though. "

Lalder could sense that some of the other UtR leaders were not getting behind a full standing UtR Army.
But with the swords gained by Kolgol’s tribals, and the numbers sent by Ka Rhug, Or’lur and Ol’Lur there would have to be some form of fighting force.

Word kept filtering up to Brez and Unen of a base on the edges of Tla’loc’al where a massive warship was being assembled. A carrier capable of rivaling an I’tashi Carrier Airship in size, and able to launch wings of Lur Union Fighter aircraft. My gogs feared what would happen if they refused to join the UtR once that carrier was completed.

Word came back to Mama Rapigog of the carrier not from the UtR channels but first from contacts in the Kolgul Militia who said the site was between their own fortress and Camp Jarlite.
They spoke of a true weapon of war. One General Yaog had already begun drooling over, once told by the Uth Seers who had discovered it in the memories of the UtR leadership.

Mama Rapigog still did not know if this carrier was a UtR vessel or purely a Lur Union vessel. But the timing of the building of a barracks for a standing army, and this secondary building project would be concerning to the Unen Olgogs. The Bruskti themselves had kept the secret of airships from other tribes for many centuries. Some tribes purposely, some by inheriting old Mag Buskt tribal vessels.

The standing army trained with the Swords sent from the Falling Star Homeforge. The fine blades were probably the nicest ever seen by the Army recruits and they trained with vigor under the Veterans.

As they did so, the airfleet of the UtR practiced group tactics, and high speed maneuvers. With support fire from the Hindengog Airships and ground support in the form of Mighty Yadol Cavalry and Ontor Cavalry and Balgog Heavy Infantry, the standing Army of the United Tribes of Refuge was finally ready.