Ambush: Unleashing the Beast, a Duel on the Beach

Rogarth hefted a massive oar in one hand and a wrapped reed broom in the other hand and stepped out on the sand.

"Khered, I challenge you to armed combat, I have chosen my weapons, I ask you choose yours.

I choose this as our battle site. If you have come to these lands searching for the truth I have it. But Truth is painful. Before I reveal anything to you, you will face the physical overwhelming pain to make sure you can handle what I will lay upon you.

If you win, you can grant me final death," said Rogarth solemnly

“But if I win, you must travel with me across the Goblin Lands, and I will take you to a place that will answer many of your unasked questions. The thoughts that bounce around your brain in the moments before you sleep at night,” said Rogath, stretching out, and taking a few practice swats with the massive wooden Oar.

Do you accept my challenge Khered?

Khered laughed, but there was no joy in this laugh just bitterness.
“Answers? Truth? There is no truth beyond your death screams. I shall relish your death, and it shall be painful.” Khered twirls around his rune covered spear, “this shall be my weapon, and I shall enjoy consuming your corpse in flame” As if to emphasis his point Khered raises his spear and flame erupts from his very body and blazes around him turning night into day for a minute.