A treak through the Desert in search of the Tribe of Rehsed.

Dolmag opened the tent flap, “My Rehsedians are ready to ride.”

Once onboard the chariots riding together they had to project their voices. Eventually the conversation turned back to the Auf Tor.

Dolmag said, “Auf Tor was death’s caretaker. He used his stone spear to split the ground to let Olgogs have places to hide.
He was last seasons caretaker. This season is the Auf Kol.”

No sooner had he said that then a low wail could be heard.

They saw.a pathetic looking creature staring up at them. It was bony and scrawny and covered in rags knitted together.

“Come to a stop mighty Dolmag,” said Rogarth, “I have faced too much hardship and don’t like seeing it in others.”

He opened his everfull canteen, and filled a large jug for this creature and hands it to him.

The sound of water sloshing on bone could be heard as the creature drank.

“I am lost in the dry desert kind travelers, you may have heard of me. I am Auf Kol.”

Dolmag hailed him, "Great Bone Caretaker. Why do you wait by the road like a brezan beggar ? "

“Weeks ago i should have feasted on the flesh and spirit of the Auf Tor to feed me for this winter. But no food and i am too weak to track those that have stolen the Auf Tor from my hunger.”

Ka’lal and Uf’ogmak watched as the others prepared to leave to stop the attacks. The two turn to each other and arm wrestle until Ka’lal surrendered and spoke to the group.
“Where might we be going so that I can inform Elder Tla’Hob of the new location to take our warriors? Also Uf’ogmak will scout ahead as he will be using the shadows to travail the great distance.”
As Ka’lal said the last part he had a smirk on his face that said that he had beaten his companion in a way that he could not get out of. It did not help that Uf’ogmak was glaring at his back.

Before leaving the Or’Lur tribals would have been told by Dolmag that they planned on taking a direct route from the camp, towards the Earther settlement of Jamesville.

Once Ka’lal had the information he left, using shadow walk to make up the speed, while Uf’ogmak uses the same ability to act as an advancing scout for the party. The only reason he was traveling with them at all is to enforce Tla’Hobs requirement that the Mind Spike return the memories of the tribe that he had been with.

Rogarth looked down with pity upon the starved Auf Kol. If this was the balance of seasons in these lands, then his old nature as a Balancer took over.

He leaned down and opened up a pouch with a wide mouth held closed only by a drawstring.

“Honored Auf Kol, the time for your season is here and Auf Tor must accept it is time for him to pass,” the cambion knight said with conviction, “I will take you to this Auf Tor and I will disarm him so you may do what your nature demands. Accept my aid, and crawl into this pouch. I will hold you inside its dark walls where even your weakened state will not hinder you. You can rest and grow strong until we reach our target, Dyrisha Nial. After we find Dyrisha…”

He looked over and saw the Or’Lur Tribals approaching by shadow.

“Welcome allies from the Or’Lur,” said Rogarth, “Join us on these chariots. We have far to go, and much to discuss before we reach our enemy.”

Tla’Hob and Ka’lal met the group en-rout to their destination, along with four other olgogs (4 FKM).
" We returned as fast as we could. I am sad to say that these are the best we could bring. The rest of the tribe are otherwise occupied and could not join us, how ever we will fight long and hard for should we fall we have made it so that our tribe can bring us back (each left a finger behind with Lok’Uf’Tor)."
Tla’Hob noticed the gog that Rogarth was speaking with. The second his eyes fell upon him Tla’Hob knew who he was.
“Great one what has happened to cause you to be in such a state. Surely you have consumed Auf Tor. If not what has stopped you from continuing the cycle.”
As he spoke he motioned for two of the unnamed warriors to aid the Bone Caretaker while the others find places to ride on the chariots.

(Current gear held by the Or’Lur group: Slandered Auf’gog set x1, lower quality Tor’og set x2, set of full nightmarehide armor x4 [FKM’s], and Poisonbringer Stinger Spear x4 [FKM’s], each member of the group also has 2 rings [one on each hand] that are artificed with Frost Storm)

Khered looked at the smoldering ruin of the Earther town. Now there would be no more distractions from their look at the Reshedian tribe. Maybe he could learn more about that spear, he didn’t like the look of it. If what he suspected was true, it may have to be destroyed. Cannot let an earther town distract people from important matters.

Khered contacted Rogarth, “Hey there. Your napping a bit too much blue boy. We are heading back to the Reshed tribe, we never finished our little quest, now that I have seen what was there we aren’t just going to quit. If you aren’t there I might just start burning some of their towns to the ground. If they are in posession of that spear then they are able to be corrupted by it. If they are corrupted then perhaps death is the only way to save them. If you have any other suggestions then perhaps we can try them, but I cannot think of any.”

Rogarth and Khered began their trek back across the desert once again. The burning of Jamesville still an unspoken tension between them. As they walked the sandy ways, they came upon the prints from many different types of warriors heading to the Rehsedian lands. They passed by Camp Iron and found it razed to the ground. Tents and stockade walls burned to a dark-grey ash, and many spots of white ash speckled the scene.

They checked the tracks and found the tracks of Giants led north east from here. The same way they were going.

(Any Merc character wishing to join the Ground shook mission on the side of Daemonsbane and Khered should post to this thread introducing themselves to the characters (or rejoining them if you met them previously) It is up to Khered if the visitor is allowed to join them in their travels. 3 exceptions to this Grim, Scout and Alexraiser)

“Giants…?” asked Rogarth in frustration, “Somebody has to be riling the Wild Giants up.
They normally only stay in family groups. An army of the size shown by these prints hasnt been seen since before the Kias Wars.
luckily these are just smaller wild giants. No Yyan Gor tracks…”

“Hey Khered does the ashes of Camp Iron remind you of something?”

Great, a camp in ash and Giants, this is what happens when people sit on their asses for months and don’t respond when you call for them. Rogarth’s laziness might cost them greatly, still what can you expect from something with Kias blood running through their veins.

“Yeah, I have seen such destruction during the Boarder Wars up north some years ago. Lets hope that the Giants don’t get too far ahead of us. If they wipe out the Rehsed they could get their hands on dangerous artifacts. Lets hope we can head this off before they cause too much chaos.”

Rogarth was always surprised how easy it was to track the Giants. They didnt seem to be putting effort into hiding their movements.
They reached the landscape overlooking the Rehsedian capital, hidden as it was in a mountainside.

Rogarth saw the hundred giants and realized they were armed with weapons designed from old Kias wars tech. He sighed all his joyful expectation of teaching a few wayward giants with a good old fashioned beatdown now gone.

“These are not standard Wild Giants. That armor pure Vulite design.
We need a plan. Those Magi Cannons will cut us down if we charge them or try a direct assault.”

"If we take up position on that ridgeline above the Olgogs defensive positions, we just might be able to take off any giants that try and flank the defenders. "
Rogarth said adjusting his pack and drawing forth a Leyas compass.
The simple stone began to swing and finally pointed towards the far end of the Giants lines.
“Over there it looks like they have positioned their scouts,” said Rogarth, “that should be our point to sneak through on the opposite side. But once we get there…we stilk need a plan.”

Zlattan, the Singer of Songs, galloped in on his summoned Chimera. When he got close enough, he dismounted and continued on foot until he saw Rogarth.

He was Brezab, but not as large and muscular as the ones called Goblin Kingz. “I am Zlattan the Voice. Well, dat’s wat dey call me anyway. I’ve come to help. I’m no good in battle, but I can sing up a sterm for ya’all if he need it.”

“Zlattan huh? We could use a good sterm as you call it. If you bring it down where this compass points it will blind their scouts and let us whittle them down in smaller groups” said Rogarth,
“No offense, but how did you know we’d be here? Do you even know who stands
before you? This is Khered the Mighty. His legend is known far and wide for burning a town of ignorant Earthers to the ground.
You should show him some respect or he might burn your defenseless settlement to the ground too.
perhaps prostrating? Here ill show you how its done”

In an overdone theatric Rogarth prostrated himself before Khered and then got back up.
Saying much about himself as well as khered he said, " well now that ive done that hopefully you dont have to.
once we draw off some smallee groups of giants how are we going to tackle them?"

(OOC removing post. I may have to change which character I send on this mission. I’ll repost this if Daron can still go.)

Khered frowned in concentration, then looked over to Zlattan and squinted, "Hmm, he doesn’t look to be a Kias, or a Kias halfbreed, nor does he seem to belong to any evil orginizations like the Church of One, or an Uth slaving group. I do not see any need to slaughter him. Of course I haven’t been to his village so I cannot say if it is a beacon of evil. I shall observe your actions Zlattan, and if they promote evil then I shall have to slay you. Nothing personal of course, evil must be punished. If your home promotes evil then it will be punished as well. If not then it has nothing to fear. As for prostrating, that is just silly, you should know better then to act so foolishly Rogarth. Bowing and scrapping is irrelevant, evil cannot be tolerated even if it wears a cloak of noblity. Your Kias blood taints you Rogarth and one day it shall be your undoing. However for now your actions have been honorable enough to earn you a reprieve, if a temporary one. Vulite designed weapons being used by Giants is our biggest priority.

These Giants being so many will require some tactics, charging in blindly would be suicidal. I approve of your tactical suggestion Rogarth to deal with them in smaller groups. I can act as bait, flying around attempting to lure in some groups for you all to ambush. What do you think?

Rogarth smiled sadly at that. He remembered when he had thought evil was so easy to spot. He remembered cleansing planets of life that had become, as Khered called them, beacons of evil. Little had he known at the time that evil often used those who considered themselves good, to wipe out less evil threats for the consolidation of power. Ironic again, that it was Khered’s own father who had taught him that lesson. It was times like this he missed Desher and regretted turning his back on the old K’ias Spymaster in his time of need. Desher would have known exactly what to tell the headstrong Khered.

But Desher was long gone…and all that remained was a simple spear head…in the hands of a group of Olgogs about to be overrun by the Giants.

He returned his gaze to Zlattan and then flicked it back to Khered, “He must keep his storm away from you, Khered, if you plan on taking to the skies. I agree, against these foes, your superior speed in the air will be quite effective. You draw them in, I will strike out their knees, and cut their hamstrings. Then they will be ready for you to deliver the killing blow as you deem fit.”