TSGL3 Week 6 Mission Report: The Sins of One are Not the Sins of Another

Mirror Crystal Timeline: 120 hours ago

His name was Lurtor, and in the Mirror Crystal Timeline, he had helped the United Tribes wipe out the Colonial leadership of the Earther Colonies and the EEF. Even VLAD wasn’t safe, as Lurtor triggered a VLAD Strangulari War over actions comitted on an independent dimension in a place codenamed SteamGate.

He had seen the Carriages of that dimension personally in his timeline and our own. The steam powered devices that pulled the carriages, with their network of brass and steel pipes. He watched as they had pushed excess steam through a set of valves mounted near a metal cup filled with a liquid incense. The device acting like an articial lung, breathing out scented air as it passed.

There was something about the design he found so intruguing. His own prototype stood before him. He had impressed hundreds of Rehsedians smith into working on the design, and he was rather proud.
Instead of a carriage, this device would have an extended body and dispensors provided by the enslaved alchemist Onderal. The Tor’Lallur, through their mutual hatred of the GulTor’Gor for wiping out their most blessed unholy site the Pit of Filth, were pleased to supply the fluid the steam coneyance would carry within its “scent cartridges”. It would also mist the are with a subtle spray of nanites of a unique design. The nanites would counter the symptoms of the Tor’Lallur diseases…until they were shut off.

The Mirror Crystal Lurtor was ready to deploy the first of many weapons on the suspected GulTor’Gor colonies in our own Timeline.

Using a small jewelers drill, Lurtor gently pried off a tiny flake of the mirror crystal in his timeline and placed it within the control housing of the automaton cart, and then directed the full energy of the Mirror Crystal towards the device. It disappeared.

The Mirror Crystal Lurtor wondered if the experiment would be a success. If not… it was not to worry, as he looked over at his next set of experimental weapons lying the corner, another creation by the imprisioned Alchemist Onderal.

Mirror Crystal Timeline: 48 Hours ago

There was a squalk from his most important commcrystal, waking Lurtor from a deep sleep. Lurtor picked it up and responded, “How can I help?” before the question was even asked on the other end.

Lalder said, “We have reports that your experiment broke through at the Museum of Brez. A cart matching its description smashed its way out of the Museum, leaving a trail of bodies in its wake. Automated artifact weapons on the cart cut down any guards who got in its way.

The cart made an interesting tactical decision, jumping the hovertrain as it passed out of Brez, and took it all the way to Simonburg. It got off there. After lingering in Simonsburg and killing off some known members of Krodnok’ Disciples, the Automaton turned south.

It has reached the Ruins of Karov, and is in the Shadow Dome of Karov.”

“A Shadow Dome in that timeline, a Crystal Dome in this timeline,” murmured Lurtor, “I still find that incredibly odd.”

“Little things change big things,” replied Lalder evenhandedly, “I am also calling to tell you the fleet will be ready to launch within two days. Have your device lay low until I give the order. We will eliminate their threat with one step.”

Lurtor held his breath for a long moment, wondering how he should break the news, “Unfortunately I don’t quite have that type of control over the device. It is what the Earthers would call a Fire and Forget weapon. It will either take out its target or fail in the attempt., There is no shut off. Short of destroying it… but that will kill enough Olgogs to throw the entire UtR into Chaos in the enemy timeline.”

“Lurtor…I would have liked to know that aspect before it was deployed,” said Lalder, “But we can’t change the past, or I would have undone my deal with the Djinni long ago…As long as the threat of this evil Timeline exists we must do all we can to contain its threat.
The Djinni may have caused this connection between our rightous timeline and their evil timeline but how we handle this connection is up to us.”

Mirror Crystal Timeline: 24 Hours ago

Lurtor had parts set out in front of him. He had seen Technomagi waved their hands and simply assemble devices and he would learn how to do so. His work with nanites told him that he should have the capability to do this as simple as a parlor trick. But yet something about the process was eluding him.

There was a chirp from his commcrystal and once again he found himself being interrogated, “Ahh well yes it is true there was some Nanites I dispersed using the device.”

“I thought I told you to use Healing Leyas to control the diseases,” scolded Lalder, “That was what we agreed to. Both the Unity and the Fleet of Fate Delagations have been livid since they learned we deployed a Nanite weapon on an alternate timeline. Apparently that is frowned upon.”

“The Unity won’t move on us while Kalok holds power over the molten cores of their Unity Extension planets. So what say our allies in the Fleets of Fate?” asked Lurtor.

“The Unity Spawn and their Technobabble are already moving into position to assault the Enemy timeline with a full mobilization,” said Lalder dismissively, “Kalok has already warned us many times not to trust the Demonspawn of the Unity nor their ill-begotten children in the Fleets of Fate.”

“Wait…the Fleets of Fate have gained a foothold in the enemy timeline?” asked Lurtor in genuine confusion.

“They claim they are moving in to prevent your actions from being seen as a Temporal Warcrime,” said Lalder angrily, “You try something like this again, and I will personally send you to the Kul Gul Rapi for reeducation.”

Lurtor shuddered as he thought of the terrifying vampyrs and their extreme methods.

Our Timeline: Now

Once in the Shadow Dome, the cart began to broadcast a message declaring,

“The United Tribes finds the GulTor’Uf, GulTor’Gor, Og’GulTor and all their ilk criminals in the eyes of the United Tribes. For the crime of birthing Olgog the Olgog and allowing his rampage on the Tla’loc’alan peoples, and for the crimes of defying the will of the United Tribes, we demand the head of Uhryu Bill. This messenger will kill fifteen people of all ages and all species within its range each day until the entire region of Karov is ceeded to the United Tribes. If any fools think they will stop this punishment for the birth of the Infamous OtO, let them know that the destruction of this automaton will result in the death of a calculated 2.75 million Olgogs at this point in Karov and in Brez. Of course we will not share the means of this death, but the shutdown of this machine in any all ways will trigger this death. Come face your death Bill of GulTor’Uf. Stand for the Sins your son would not stand for against the United Tribes and Tla’loc’al.”

It was the first day, and the first moment that Uhryu Bill learned of this moment that he stopped the Ceremony of Flesh and Spirit, sending away the delegates in safety immediately. He personally went straight to the cart and presented himself.

“I am Uhryu Bill,” said the well known Olgog shaman, “And it is true my son Olgog the Olgog did a great crime against the Olgogs of Tla’loc’al. But I give myself over because no more should die in connection to my son’s terrible crime. This violence and vendetta must end now. Olgogs must move forward unified and as a global community.”

The machine raised a single pincer-like appendage ending in what looked like a chimera claw.

Running from a nearby ally was a brave olgog female. Dressed as an Unenese Gunner, some recognized her as Naeil, last known living member of the Lucky Fate Gang. She stepped in front of Bill with her arms outstretched.

Facing the machine, she spoke: "Are the sins of the dad the sins of the his boy?

No!

I really don’t know this asshole behind me too well but I do know Olgog the Olgog. He is an asshole but he’s not a monster.

You’re not from this place and you have no power here. You’ve your own world you’ve made. Go back home and enjoy it.

The people of this world will not stand by while you throw a hissy fit like a child.”

She stood up as imposing as she could, as if daring the machine to try something.

“I, Naeil the Loyal, the Tunnel Rat, and the Boss of the Lucky Fate Squad challenge your mega-butthole leader of your world, Lalder, to get off his gog butt and speak to us like an adult.”

As Naeil stood there she was suddenly draped in shadow as a dragon rose up behind her. On its back was the Rehsedian smith Urog’na who had sworn loyalty to the Or’Lur Tribe. She was swooping in just as the cart reached up to its own “face”, flipping open the faceplate and revealing a glittering sliver of the mirror crystal held in a special housing with alchemical lenses behind it. The chimera claw, cut the sliver of mirror crystal and its shine as it disintigrated was caught amplified and retargeted at those in front of the cart’s front.

In a flash of yellow light Uhryu Bill, Naeil and even Urog’na and Shaterwing disappeared.

Epilogue: The Day Bug Got Sick

Bug the Standard Bearer was first on the scene. He delivered Lalder’s message to the people of the Shadow Dome of Karov, but not in time for Bill to hear it.

Lalder’s message was , "I, Lalder of Auf Lal’al, and the United Tribes of Refuge did not send this machine or approve this message and then sent to Karov. I personally do not hold Uhryu Bill responsible for the Actions of another. Even of Olgog the Olgog.

Since the attack on Tla’loc’al me and mine have talked and worked with Uhryu Bill. While we do not see eye to eye on every issue or threat, Uhryu Bill does mean well and is not a criminal worthy of death.

Uhryu Bill and Tribes of Karov, we wish work together to resolve this emergency, Let my messengers know and we will help.

I have healers and artificers available to help stop the killing of innocents and bring back those already dead if they or tribe desire.

To make sure others understand this is not a way for me to move my forces into Karov, we wish to work with the tribes of Karov to help when and where requested. I do not wish to control all aspects of the relief effort. Also we will also work with the other leaders and tribes of the UtR to see what additional help we can supply.

If we work together, we can prevail over those who seek to cause separation and to weaken us."

Bug would soon sicken, along with all the members of his squad who carried an active Chill shield. They were rushed back to the Lalder of our own timeline and to the lab of Lal’ol’yyan of Unity.

Lal’ol’yyan examined the bodies of the dead, finding traces of nanites just as she expected. Lalder stood next to her expectantly, and sighed as she finally gave him the all clear sign. He approached and she spoke quickly. “There is always a good and a bad in these diagnosis situations. The good is that with the help of the concensus I have discerned the source and cause of the threat of death. It appears to be a Nanoplague of healing which has prevented diseases from natually affecting the infected. Oddly humane weapon of threat, preventing even the common cold from hurting the hostage until the time the enemy wants it to be right. The other concerning part is the frequency on these nanites was not hardcoded like a master hacker might. They could have been hacked by just about anyone with a nanite uplink. I mean truly horrific stuff could have been done to the infected.”

“So how do we cure them?” asked our timeline’s Lalder with urgency.

“You could try and disable the nanites, and immediately heal the peoples using the Leyas. Of course since they have spread the infections we don’t know how deadly or how virulent any of it is. How it has mutated in the bodies of the victims is unknown without extensive examination of the affected populace…” she replied, then she sadly said, “There is a chance…that this concoction might encourage a truly desperate person to become a Plague Vampyr…and if you were to use Leyas healing you would accidentally be granting them final death…”

Suddenly Lalder’s commcrystal blinked on and he heard voices of the UtR forward Scouts, “Auf Lalder, we have terrible news, the Steam-Cart has escaped our team. It may still be in Karov, or it may have fled into the desert. You may want to deploy the Yagogi to the Karovian deserts to see if they can find any trace of it before it is too late…”

Lalder sighed, turning to Lal’ol’yyan, “It seems the cart spreading the infection has escaped our limited presence in Karov.”

“Then it will continuie to be a viable vector for spreading this danger. As long as its out there, anyone could hack what its putting forth…and make it much, much more dangerous.”

Epilogue Part Deux: How to Save a Life

Mirror Crystal Timeline: In the Early Hours

Shaterwing was wrapped in technomantic chains, binding both rider and mount.
Urog’na looked down at Bill and Naeil, seeing they were equally bound. The Rehsedian Smith had never seen material like what bound them. It was like a mixture of metal and liquid and moved with her, getting tighter and tighter when they struggled.

It had been an unexpected and masterful attack.

After the flash of yellow light, they had found themselves here… wherever here was. A bombardment by fifty Kalokian Guard armed with Magi Cannons had cut them all down. Luckily the Kalokian Guard had been ordered not to kill them, and all three including the Dragon had been taken prisoner.

Once they had returned fully to consciouness the trio and the dragon were being moved via airship. Urog’na recognized the airship on which they were aboard as one of Lalder’s Destroyer designs. It had been significantly enhanced with forbidden Northern Kingdoms technomancy. As they stood waiting in the hold of the ship, they were under constant surveillance by floating robotic Eye Spies. Each was designed to look like a patient Olgog’s head nodding in agreement. But their obvious robotic design and ability to float above the floor was quite off putting to those under their watchful eyes.

Urog’na felt the Destroyer shift and the wall to the hold began to open. The opening wall revealed only for a moment a view of a massive carrier fleet that filled the sky from one end of the horizon to the other.

UtR Carrier craft were assembled in arrow formations, each formation having four of the stoney dreadnaughts surrounded by a veritable cloud of Lur Union Strike Fighter aircraft. The Formations were supported by a pair of Rhug’na’ru Hindengor Super Zepplins which each had their own compliments Rhug’na’ru Biplanes, upgraded with magi cannons along with their .50 Cal Machineguns and deadly rockets.

At the edges of each formation was a small Unenese Airship similar in design to the Kul Gul Rapi’s Kalok Fraytur. Bill’s Leyas sight could clearly see the Nightmares swarming across and inside the tarps that covered the deck of these small frayturs.

Then a carrier moved into position, allowing the destroyer to dock and covering any view from inside the hold. Waiting inside the docking area was the mirror crystal Lalder himself. He walked right up to Bill and said , “Good to see you. I’m please you are far more heroic than the version of yourself who has spread evil across this timeline. Giving up your own life to save both those in Karov and UtR lands shows you a gog of strong moral character.
Its too bad you didn’t kill your own spoiled upstart Mag’ol Rapi’og before he brought all this torment down on both our timelines. If only you would have beaten him into submission on the night he snuck aboard our expedition to the land of the Djinni maybe our timelines would still be seperate. Maybe he wouldn’t have tried to ruin our relations with the Djinni.”

“It seems that in this mirror crystal timeline, Aufgog Lalder, you do not understand that nothing positive will come from dealings with the Djinni. They will always set it up so they are entertained by your pain and your suffering. It is the core of their nature,” said Uhryu Bill, “And a creature will always follow its deeper nature.”

The Mirror Crystal Lalder grew angry, saying, “As always, Bill, no matter what timeline we face each other, you are sure you know better.”

“As are you, Aufgog Lalder,” agreed Bill from our timeline, “I am learning it can be hard to see another’s point of view.

Especially when wise Gogs like you and I are sure we are the right one, and if the other side could only just come to our point of view all would be right with the world.

We are both so busy trying to force the other to our side of the field, that we may have both missed the best path in the middle of the field which was exactly between where we both stood unmoving…”

Naeil quoted a saying one of the Earther drivers from Deldoroon always used to say, “The Wise one is the one who knows that he knows nothing.”

The Mirror crystal Lalder glowered at Naeil for her interruption, “Nothing? But I know how to create fleets that can travel the stars. I have spread the power of the Olgogs as far if not farther than Earthers spread their own. And I have done it in but a year with little more than stone, bone, wood and obsidian.
And maybe a few deals with the Djinni and sending my Lurtor to learn the forbidden technomancy…but these were done to reign in Kalok, and to stop the expansion of the evil that is known as Krodnok.
To free the Olgogs from the Iron Republic and anyone who would stop the United Tribes from reaching their true destiny.

For a long long time, the Giants, then the K’ias, then the Falosini and now the Earthers have kept us down and little more than desposable slaves. But you know that will never happen again.

As long as I end the threat of the Djinni Crystal by delivering both timelines broken pieces into their hands, your timeline will stay seperate from my own. I will have won, Bill, and you and Krodnok and the Earthers and all the others who wanted to stop the rise of the United Tribes will fail.”

Urog’na interrupted, “Even in our own timeline the UtR is not all good. It has done evils in its name. I have witnessed them. What is it you are raising up Aufgog Lalder? Are you sure it is as good a thing as you think it is…?”

“All new governments have a bloody period as they consoldiate power. Your timeline will just have to be sacrifice so my own timeline might survive unimpeded and triumphant,” said the Aufgog as he turned and began to walk away.

The trio and their dragon were dragged along behind him, through the carrier until they reached an expansive bridge.
Here there were podiums showing all the different tribes that had given their fealty to the United Tribes. And each had sent a representative.

Urog’na nearly choked seeing Glog at the podium marked for the Or’Lur. But this Glog was fully green furred, with two extra arms. One held the teardrop hammer fused to his body. The other had an alchemical device in the form of an arm, but whose hand ended in a large sprayer. It seemed like it was an attachment to direct and control and weaponize the cursed goo of the Teardrop hammer. Urog’na knew this was not their Glog, it was the mirror crystal Glog.

Glog said to Lalder, “My own Gol’ols have tracked and captured the rogue astronaut who tried to warn the Iron Republic about our expansions.”

“Finally what has it been over a year?” asked Lalder.

“Yes, but we captured him and we captured his shuttlecraft Goblin Ur’sa 1. This immutable olgog put up a fight, but he was little threat.” said Glog pointing at a cage made from the same technomantic tendrills that held Naeil, Urog’na and Bill.

Looking inside the cage, Naeil could not believe her eyes. It was Godart, as he had looked, all proud and strong, back when they had been working on the Rocket Ship project.

Around them, the leaders of the Mirror Crystal Fleet began to laugh cruelly at them all.

:cool:Mission Rewards :confused:

GulTor’Uf gains Bill is taken Prisoner by the Mirror Crystal Fleet for crimes he did not commit , by an invading army who has no legal right to take him. Will you join the epic quest to rescue him??? Bill gains Freedom from the Legacy of OtO’s crimes. Only because the original OtO has been granted final death, the clones of OtO are rumored pawns of Old Vlad, and his father Bill having bravely stood up to accept punishment in place of his son, the crimes of Olgog the Olgog have now been put to rest. No longer may any with an understanding of history say a blood debt remains between the Bloodline of Uhryu Bill and the Tla’loc’alans or the United Tribes of our own timeline over the true and genuine crime committed by Olgog the Olgog deploying an orbital attack against the United Tribes of Refuge and Tla’loc’al.

The first step in healing the rift has been made. The Ruins of Karov and Tla’loc’al may now reopen trade and diplomacy in character and in keeping with this borders between the two regions are now reopened for adventurers and merchants.
The Ruins of Karov gains a bonus 2000 ghaz in banking guild ledgers which can only be used to purchase animals from the DR Core book you would like to gain for the purposes of having a pack of them living in the Shadow Dome.

Godart gains Naeil’s Reputation grows. After rumors of Naeil’s brave protection of the innocent Uhryu Bill in Karov, female Olgogs from across Unen have been impressed. Four Goblin Gunners have shown up at the old Lucky Fate Gang Base and announced themselves as wanting to join. They are led by Aniston Gregor (Ani G for short), a former member of the Ma’s Deuces out of Port Unen.
They use standard Goblin Gunner stats except for Ani G who also has a pair of door breacher explosives ( each Lowers S.A.R. by 20, single use) and a special radio that can be used to contact Urik’s Outcasts, one of the more prominent Gunner groups in Unen (special way to reach out to a specific PC ally without other characters knowing about it). The three other than Ani G must be named and described by Godart player during a planning thread or mission post.

Lalder gains Bug the Standard Bearer and his squad survived the Mirror Crystal Plague. They gain +1 Health stat and a corresponding Max +3 H.P. They can also instantly recognize the feelings of the symptoms of the Mirror Crystal’s Bio-Weapon special attack. Lalder has learned there is a nanoplague infecting people across Goblin Lands, but instead of making them sick, its keeping them from getting sick. He has a tough decision, try and stop the healing nanites, and then counter the diseases riding along with it, hoping he can do it quick enough to prevent mutations. Or find someone who can reprogram the nanites to be encrypted to prevent others from hacking them, and secretly keep the Goblin Lands from facing disease in the future.
It is a hard choice, with hard consequences on either side.

Or’Lur gains Dragonrider Urog’na. Urog’na gains Riding (Dragons) skill of 5 due to her natural affinity for it. Due to them being transported together to the Mirror Crystal Urog’na and Shaterwing gain a bond and can now sense where each other are as long as they are in the same timeline. This bond also allows Urog’na to summon Shaterwing from different dimensions (but not different timelines). Urog’na may do this as a free action. Due to her bond, she may even