TSGL3 Week 6 Mission: Are the Sins of the Father, the Sins of the Son?

Mirror Crystal Timeline: Today

His name was Lurtor, and in the Mirror Crystal Timeline, he had helped the United Tribes wipe out the Colonial leadership of the Earther Colonies and the EEF. Even VLAD wasn’t safe, as Lurtor triggered a VLAD Strangulari War over actions comitted on an independent dimension in a place codenamed SteamGate.

He had seen the Carriages of that dimension personally in his timeline and our own. The steam powered devices that pulled the carriages, with their network of brass and steel pipes. He watched as they had pushed excess steam through a set of valves mounted near a metal cup filled with a liquid incense. The device acting like an articial lung, breathing out scented air as it passed.

There was something about the design he found so intruguing. His own prototype stood before him. He had impressed hundreds of Rehsedians smith into working on the design, and he was rather proud.
Instead of a carriage, this device would have an extended body and dispensors provided by the enslaved alchemist Onderal. The Tor’Lallur, through their mutual hatred of the GulTor’Gor for wiping out their most blessed unholy site the Pit of Filth, were pleased to supply the fluid the steam coneyance would carry within its “scent cartridges”. It would also mist the are with a subtle spray of nanites of a unique design. The nanites would counter the symptoms of the Tor’Lallur diseases…until they were shut off.

The Mirror Crystal Lurtor was ready to deploy the first of many weapons on the suspected GulTor’Gor colonies in our own Timeline.

Using a small jewelers drill, Lurtor gently pried off a tiny flake of the mirror crystal in his timeline and placed it within the control housing of the automaton cart, and then directed the full energy of the Mirror Crystal towards the device. It disappeared.

The Mirror Crystal Lurtor wondered if the experiment would be a success. If not… it was not to worry, as he looked over at his next set of experimental weapons lying the corner, another creation by the imprisioned Alchemist Onderal.

The Mission

In the wee hours of the night, there was another incident at the Museum of Brez. A cart smashed its way out of the Museum, leaving a trail of bodies in its wake. Automated artifact weapons on the cart cut down any guards who got in its way.

The cart made an interesting tactical decision, jumping the hovertrain as it passed out of Brez, and took it all the way to Simonburg. It got off there, under some form of sentience. After lingering in Simonsburg and killing off some known members of Krodnok’ Disciples, the Automaton turned south.
Within days it had rapidly reached the Ruins of Karov, and was in the Shadow Dome of Karov. Once in the Shadow Dome, it broadcast a message declaring,

“The United Tribes finds the GulTor’Uf, GulTor’Gor, Og’GulTor and all their ilk criminals in the eyes of the United Tribes. For the crime of birthing Olgog the Olgog and allowing his rampage on the Tla’loc’alan peoples, and for the crimes of defying the will of the United Tribes, we demand the head of Uhryu Bill. This messenger will kill fifteen people of all ages and all species within its range each day until the entire region of Karov is ceeded to the United Tribes. If any fools think they will stop this punishment for the birth of the Infamous OtO, let them know that the destruction of this automaton will result in the death of a calculated 2.75 million Olgogs at this point in Karov and in Brez. Of course we will not share the means of this death, but the shutdown of this machine in any all ways will trigger this death. Come face your death Bill of GulTor’Uf. Stand for the Sins your son would not stand for against the United Tribes and Tla’loc’al.”

Mission Challange.

1. How did you stop the threat of the Steam-Cart Automaton? (be specific)

2. Do you have any interest in working as a team with others to do this, or is it your way or the high way?

3. How do you go about investigating the threat of what was being used by the Steam-Cart Automaton to threaten so many Gogs and Earthers across Karov and Brez?

Mission Rules

No player may act in response to the actions posted by another player in this thread, unless they have previously discussed a plan for this mission in a separate thread they choose to create in the forums.

Players’ characters in Alternate Timelines or Stuck in a Timeline may not post to this mission.
Time traveling characters will be diverted from their current storyline if they choose to take part in this mission, and may only join if they have a time shredder of their own.

A post should be under two paragraphs in length.

Mission rewards may be set by order of post, so post early.

Players are encouraged to create planning threads, as this mission can only be won with organized teamwork.

This mission ends on Friday December 18th at 12 Midnight EST.

Bill presents himself to the machine

OOC: This is second 55 hour work week in a row.

First the Message to Karov, the offer of help and denial of involvement:

Lalder’s message will read "I, Lalder of Auf La al, and the United Tribes of Refuge did not send this machine or approve this message and then sent to Karov. I personally do not hold Uhryu Bill responsible for the Actions of another. Even of Olgog the Olgog. Since the attack on Tla’loc’al me and mine have talked and worked with Uhryu Bill. While we do not see eye to eye on every issue or threat, Uhryu Bill does mean well and is not a criminal worthy of death.

Uhryu Bill and Tribes of Karov, we wish work together to resolve this emergency, Let my messengers know and we will help. I have healers and artificers available to help stop the killing of innocents and bring back those already dead if they or tribe desire. To make sure others understand this is not a way for me to move my forces into Karov, we wish to work with the tribes of Karov to help when and where requested. I do not wish to control all aspects of the relief effort. Also we will also work with the other leaders and tribes of the UtR to see what additional help we can supply.

If we work together, we can prevail over those who seek to cause separation and to weaken us."

Recon Mission
Utilizing the former Kolgul Miltia Recruits that came to him, Lalder will send a squad of them into Karov to see what is happening. They will be lead by Bug. There mission is to go into karov to spot the machine that accounced the threat. If any get sick or die, they are to return quickly. Half are to keep a chill shield active. They will keep out of sight and not announce their presence unless to allies.

When they report, they will meet with Lalder and Lal’ol’yyan as Lal’ol’yyan offered to inspect them for any technomancy.

Knowledge learned will be revealed to others to allow everyone workt o destroy the machine and not have millions die.

Scout Squad:
Bug the Standard Bearer (FS:5|LR:4, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:3, Earth:3, Fire:3, Water:3, General:1)
Dol’ab, GulTor, Hobator, Tlaog, Dar’ab, Rapiya and Tor’ru (FS:5|LR:4, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:3, Earth:3, Water:3, General:1)

Offer of Help:
If someone from Karov responds to Lalder’s offer of help. He will use his resources more openly to help those of Karov, including sending in Some Auf and apprentice Aufs to heal those injured or dead. Each will have an artificed Healing ring to help treat wounds, poison, and disease.

Destroying the Machine:
The scout squad will support where needed, making sure they are protected first. And offer healing to any of those who need it.

Bill:
After the machine is dealt with, Scouts and/or Aufs will try to restore Bill or rescue him. Lalders orders are to try and prevent true death if possible without triggering the artifact/machine from causing mass death. (aka take a finger if need be.)

Urog’na watched as all but one dragon, Shaterwing, took off. On each of their backs rode a student from the forge. Urog’na climbed on Shaterwings back, taking a calming breath.

“Glog trust you, so I shall place my trust in you. Let us aid those hunted by this weapon of hatred.”

And so they took off, going to where the cart was last known to be. While the students bring offerings of work as apologize for an unknow enemy who seeks to kill the tribes in the UtR.

As they do that Urog’na and Shaterwing will aid in escaping civilians followed by offering air support for those fighting the cart.

~STATS~
Urog’na- Rehsedian Smith F.S. 6 Weaponsmith 6, Armorsmith 6, with Metal Weapons and Olgog Plate, Earth lvl 4, Fire lvl 4, Air lvl 2 and Water lvl 4

Shaterwing- 1 attack per combat round when used as a mount. Use Standard Poisonbring stats but F.S. 3)

Naeil: She steps in front of Bill with her arms outstretched. Facing the machine, she speaks: “Are the sins of the dad the sins of the his boy?”

“No!”

“I really don’t know this asshole behind me too well but I do know Olgog the Olgog. He is an asshole but he’s not a monster.”

“You’re not from this place and you have no power here. You’ve your own world you’ve made. Go back home and enjoy it.”

“The people of this world will not stand by while you throw a a hissy fit like a child.”

“I, Naeil the Loyal, the Tunnel Rat, and the Boss of the Lucky Fate Squad challenge your mega-butthole leader of your world, Lalder, to get off his gog butt and speak to us like an adult.”

If the Steam-Cart Automaton attacks her or Bill, she’ll jump on it and slow it down with her immutable fists (2 attacks, Hand to Hand 6, Str 8, Agi 6, Health 7, Godart is Dead) because female hormones and these guys can eat it.

note: Naeil is not suicidal, just pissed off