TSGL3 Week 4 Mission: Ziggurat over Drewsport

The K’ias Ziggurat hung over Drewsport. Its shadow made many worry. More than a few angry free pirates had walked outside and took pot shots at it with shotguns and blunderbuss. Their firearms were little use against an annihilation shield which simply removed the projectiles from existence. The deadly vessel did nothing beyond menace the city, and its captain Witch Gogkiller, an Uthvelor from the Mirror Crystal timeline, hurt none within the city.
A messenger was sent out from the Zigguarat, a GulTor’Gor Tor’ol bearing the news that the Witch Gogkiller would not harm a single soul in Drewsport if Lalder and his UtR gathered his entire fleet and the armies of the combined Goblin Lands forces.
They had to get both Krodnok and Kalok to aid them. And they would prepare the statue of Rapi’og at the museum in the way the documents the Tor’ol carried showed so that it would pull the mirror crystal Lalder (MCL Fleet) and his fleet into a trap they could not hope to escape from.
It seemed Witch Gogkiller and her GulTor’Gor had Tor’ab, Naeil, and Red Bishop Declaire hostage and were interrogating them in the Ziggurat.
Now it was just a question of if the Defenders of Drewsport and the UtR help her in her mad plan against her enemy on her own timeline, or if they try and take down the Ziggurat knowing it might result in a counter attack that could wipe Drewsport from the map.
The Question was would they prepare for a full-on war with a tyrant from a separate timeline just to save the innocents in Drewsport.

Mission Objectives:
This mission is perhaps the toughest one yet. With an entire city hanging in the balance. Your post must include the following

1. State whether your character is trying to prevent violence in Drewsport, OR attacking the Ziggurat.
  2. Unless you are Unit 817, Captain Dol Kuglok, or Kul Gul Rapi, you may send 1 character and 1 vehicle into this mission. Those 3 may send any number of troops or vehicles into this mission.
  3. If you decide to take on Witch Gogkiller’s Ziggurat, how will you protect yourself from the Annihilation Leyas?
  4. If you decide to try and stop agitators do you do so using Lethal force, Non-lethal force, or a combination of the two?
  5. Does your character think the young captured Og’GulTors should be executed and stored, executed and granted final death, or released? Do you believe your belief enough to ignore any local laws and make it happen?

Mission Rules

No player may act in response to the actions posted by another player in this thread, unless they have previously discussed a plan for this mission in a separate thread they choose to create in the forums.

Each account may only send a single character on this mission.

Players’ characters in Alternate Timelines or Stuck in a Timeline may not post to this mission.
Time traveling characters will be diverted from their current storyline if they choose to take part in this mission, and may only join if they have a time shredder of their own.

A post should be under two paragraphs in length.

Mission rewards may be set by order of post, so post early.

Players are encouraged to create planning threads, as this mission can only be won with organized teamwork.

This mission ends on Friday November 6th at 12 Midnight EST.

Krodnok has agreed to help Witch Gogkiller. He has a church in Drewsport, and numerous followers, so keeping the city safe is important. He’s not 100% sure of what the plan was for the coming battle, but that could be come up with later. All he knew was that trouble was coming, and he was going to stop it. The way he figured, ‘evil Lalder’ was coming here, wether Gogkiller came here or not. With her coming through, she at least served as a warning. Her methods weren’t the best, but he was at least thankful they had a heads up. Now, he waited to see who else understood that, who else would help. Who else would heed the warning?

He also knew that some of those who would come were stupid, and might try to attack the ziggurat. So for now, he would find a place on the ziggurat where he could be seen from, and could see the ground. After all, it’s easier to defend your position if you can see the attack coming.

Dol Kuglock has decided to stand down with her plans of attacking the ziggurat. She is still prepped in case Gogkiller turns on them, but for now she will begin arming and prepping for battle against the evil Lalder and the technomatic fleet. She has decided to work with Lalder and the other elders in aiding Gogkiller in her battle against the other army but is still prepared for a double cross that seems eminent (Batavian Bat is armed with a single zela cannonball and some small weapons of zela). With Lalder making the trip to speak with Gogkiller, Dol can turn her diplomacy towards gathering her army and calling in her fleet.

“This is going to be one hell of a battle, I guess we shall wait.”

Bill is going in to yell at witch gogkiller. This is not how she was raised, this is not the way to act, etc.

If something about power is said, he will try and relate willows and reed parable (but in a more desertie fashion. stone is destroyed, sand is blown around).

OOC: was busy with things the past few weeks; didn’t get a chance to post. Not trying to interfer with things I haven’t read yet.

A tall, olgog shaped creature with large obsidian shards jutting from various parts of its anatomy arrived to the scene. Its hands were covered with spiked obsidian like gauntlets, its feet shod with similarly made greave-like coverings, and a horrifically augmented face crowned with obsidian akin to a helmet, only the its twisted lips visible through the mask of rock. Announcing itself as Mar’ak, it would assist in restoring order by force and intimidation to the local populace. With muscle and minor fire leyas it would subdue the rioters, with the aim of not hurting them too badly, but not allowing tolerance to anything that would really do damage to it.

Afterwards it would state that it was an emissary sent to negotiate with those in charge, acting with respect to those who questioned it.

The family would help the witch Gogkiller. Most of the
Family would be on the kalok fraytur sewing together any scraps of cloth and paper they could find into a giant tarp. The rest would be on the beezos docked in Drewsport.

The agitators needed to be dealt with with diplomacy and reason.
The captured youth would have to stand trial for their crimes but the family would make sure the trial would be fair and the family would advocate against final death. All the rumors about the UTR being heavy handed tyrants needed to be quashed by showing the UTR as reasonable.

A single Baribur flew within sight of the Ziggurat, watching…waiting. Khered’s rage grew for every moment he saw this foul wretched thing. More disgusting remnants of the Kias, just another thing to be destroyed. However, now is not the time. He would watch…he would wait.

Naeil: “Okay FINE you win, The Lucky Fate Squad will support your endeavor” She said dryly. “We’ll give you access to our space technology and go fight evil Lalder. The one from your universe. Or you can just chuck me into the annihilation shield, you witch”

Auf Lalder did not like this situation as after the battle with the Alternate of himself has still not been settled. But the council had reached a decision. Since Lalder was told not to approach the enemy ship with any of his fleet he had to do something else to communicate with the witch.

To the group before he left the council and drewsport Meeting, he said “I will project an image up to the floating ship so we can communicate with the Witch that we will help them. If any need to communicate as well, be near me to do so.”

Then Lalder headed outside near the Ziggernaut.

Next, Lalder used the the Staff of Formal Light. He used the staff to protect his image up in the sky enhancing with his own Light and Troubadour Leyas to extend the range of the staff. Once the image was in range, he made sure he could hear their responses. (Again enhancing with his leyas if needed.). Lalder if possible, wanted to limit who could hear as he didn’t want to start a panic in Drewsport.

Lalder also held the repaired spear as well. This was not his tradition and he could not throw it far enough, but hopefully the sight of it was enough.

Lalder said "I am Auf Lalder of the Herd of Auf Lal’al and council gog of the UtR of this time and dimension. Tor’ol of GulTor’Gor did not stick around to hear our answer and forbid any ships to approach your ship. So I have only this form of communication to use.

I have come to tell you that we of the UtR and some other tribes have decided to assist you in defence against the other invader as you ask. we wish to fight as allies. And as Allies, we do not wish conflict after that battle. As if there is a chance of conflict aftwards, each of our sides will hold back some, and that maybe enough for our downfall. I do believe we will need each other to win the battle to come. I have repaired this spear which was broken to return.

As I was told not to bring my fleet here by Tor’ol, it is not here, and we will need to gather our forces. Also, we will need to meet to plan out the details, but there are a few things we need sooner than later.

We want you to reinsure those of Drewsport that you intend no harm to those of Drewsport.
We will need any Olgogs you have taken prisoner of ours back. We will need them for the coming battle.
We meet to plan as a group for the location and timing of this battle, if it is possible for us to choose either or both.

I will now have anyone else who wishes to send their own message do so."

With that, Lalder will focus the power of the staff and his will on any who need to communicate with the witch. Lalder will stop someone if they are making the situation worse.

Auf Lalder:
Lalder ((Auf) LR:6, Heal:4, Light: 4, Shadow:3, Air:3, Earth:6, Fire:3, Water:4, General:2, Shape:3, Summ:3, Troub:3) Adj: (Charisma +4 (Item), Edged W 2, Temper 2, Melee Strike +2, Rapid Throw +2)

Equipment:
ArmorFiend Vest (Ignore Poison), Armorfiend Cloak (increased Strength +2 Successes)
Fire Leap boots, Compassion of Protodoxa, Feather of Kul Gul Rapi (Animal Smell/Hearing, Catlike Reflexes, Animal Sight at 3 successes), concealment Stone
Auf Wood Spear (ShieldBreaker, Lighting Spear and solar essence studs), Poisonbringer Stinger Spear, Skull Crusher Magi Pistol ,Blessed Sword (Heal internal/Conversion at 3 Succ), Wave Motion Fist Gloves

Equipment Special:
Staff of Formal Light. It will project an image of anyone within twenty feet into the sky (or roof indoors) so that it will show a holographic image of all that occurs with sound.

Witch had gambled and she was right about the leadership of the Elders of the UtR; she forced their hand over Drewsport and got them to talk. Maggul had been thinking, he was for the witches side. If only they had a spot to stash her weapon. Maybe a shadow caccoon or a large docking spot. Immediately he radioed to the tribe, is there a way to make the safehouse where we stayed large enough to house the ziggurat.
“Witch we may have something working, but you’re going to need to work with us and show some faith that we wish to work with you and get out of Drewsport harming range.”

(Ooc - sorry for late post. Didn’t hang interweb access til I got to work)

Torlak’ab had gone and heard the UTR leaders talk. He had little faith in their plans but as they were the focus of the witch he would let them take the lead in negotions as long as they were working toward removing the threat. If they proved incapable of that, he would be laying plans for ways to deal.

Bishop Delclaire opens his eyes and begins to taunt Witch Gogkiller “Oh, oh, I see! Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what’s coming to you! I’ll bite your legs off!”

(I am kidding, he doesn’t actually do that, he is dead :stuck_out_tongue: )

(Aside- Godart has kindly informed me that apparently Tor’ab revived me with nanites…which I apparently didn’t see when I was reading the thread. It seems that technically I am not dead. Ah, well. I guess I should read things more carefully :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue: That will teach me to skim posts in the future lol)

Not that this really counts towards the mission, but I think that’s somewhat offensive. Duh!? As i see it there’s only one Yellow bastard, and I really don’t see anything wrong with it, You dead Church of Oner Now go away to your solitary Rotting and Stinking, and I say, I say I bid you ado!