TSGL3 Week 4 Mission Report: The Ziggurat over Drewsport

Part 1: When Past is Prologue…

She was a sight girl in the eyes of many. And despite the full grown Uthvelor body she inhabited, her own consciousness was barely over the two years old mark when Katherons could leave their creators and roam free. The body that was now hers, had started life as N’yesca Nnabalon a minor warrior in a minor Uthvelor Raiding tribe that had been enslaved by the Mind Spikes. The body had lived, had suffered, and finally had died at the hands of Olgogs. But it would not be the end of N’yesca Nnabalon’s body, even if her spirit left it and went on to be recycled by the universe.
The cold dead not yet decayed hunk of flesh was taken by the kind old Uhryu Bill, and in it he created the daughter he had never birthed. She was a Katheron, true life distilled down into a force that could reanimate a body.

Unlike the reanimators who created undead, those who created a Katheron created true life, but it was a blank slate. The body’s memories were completely erased, and replaced with a new child-like being full of kindness and love.

Full of kindness and love and open to anything its new family and community wants to fill it with. If they fill it with more kindness and love, then the Katheron grows to be a valued friend and protector of the community and its creator. If not, it still learns from its examples and from its unwitting teachers.

While Uhryu Bill meant well, and was a kind-hearted Olgog, he politically often had to defer to the decisions of his Chieftain, the Mag’ol Rapi’og. A spoiled boy-king who had grown up in Brez instead of his homeland of Karov, Rapi’og wanted to create his own perfect society. But in his way, he could not see that his Olgogs would not be happy being named after their job and treated as interchangeable cogs by the boy-king. The fact that he enforced his wishes on these subordinates in the Brezan way with his fists and not his words, made his rule further tramautizing to all those under him.

Nor would it bring them joy, when Rapi’og left them for a short time to visit the land of the Djinni. For Rapi’og had heard about Aufgog Lalder’s dangerous, dangerous plans to claim blood from the evil Djinni and use it to create ships to take Olgogs to space. Rapi’og knew Uhryu Bill had come to Lalder and tried to talk the Auf out of his fatally flawed plan. But Rapi’og also knew that Bill had failed in his attempts at diplomacy and been thrown out of the meeting by Lalder. So he snuck aboard the UtR Airship and contributed to setting into motion a terrible Djinni curse. And because it took BOTH Lalder and Rapi’og to create such a perfect storm, the Djinni forever linked them through a curse.

And it was into this world, seeing her family already cursed by Djinni, living among feral Olgogs being burned alive or forced to convert, and experiencing her tribe the GulTor’Uf driven from their ancestral lands that made this young Katheron the way she was today. For her it was two years of trauma, abuse, and emotional neglect. But it made her tough, ruthless, and unwilling to let her immense compassion and empathy prevent her from killing her enemies. It did not help that when Rapi’og looked upon Bill’s new daughter the first time, he decided to name her Witch Gogkiller.

Taking the curse word often used by the Church of One against those who interacted with metaphysical realities, and making sure all knew his martial intentions for her, Rapi’og had set the girl down a dangerous and deadly path in both conjoined timelines…

Part 2: Then Future is Epilogue

Witch Gogkiller, hero of the GulTor’Gor of the Mirror Crystal Timeline, stood aboard the bridge of her captured K’ias Ziggurat starship. The living stone vessel hovered above the free city of Drewsport. Despite its seemingly hostile nature, between the Kul Gul Rapi peacekeepers and the Kalokian Obsidian bladed Enforcer Mar’ak the majority of the citizens of Drewsport were kept safely away from it.

Witch had one of the Oner zealots brought up much to the delight of the Djinni. They did love watching an Uth slaughter in the name of their own Uth curse. The Djinni wished they had come up with a curse as brilliantly cruel as the Uthvelor Curse. Trading death for memories stolen from across time and space, what an entertainment that must be, the Djinni reasoned. But it was a far more brutal experience for the Uthvelor who triggered the curse.

Witch activated her curse and began to search the memories of those with the Djinni Baroness Pryiya. Hoping, praying, that she could find one that would allow her to break the Mirror Crystal Curse.
She stumbled upon a memory of a merc, Commander Fonlan, approximately a year earlier.

One year earlier

Fonlan was feeling a bit nervous. His current employer the Djinni Baroness Pryiya and her entire court had gathered around the Mirror Crystal she had kept. They watched as Rapi’og one half of the igniter of the Mirror Crystal was defending his homeland from the Red Furs and the Armies of Eloga. Their gasps and joy as the battle progressed allowed Fonlan to breath a sigh of relief. A year before the Olgogs had come searching for Leyas Generators. And they had left with the generators and a curse that now culminated before them.

Fonlan knew the Olgogs had got whatever they deserved when making deals with the Djinni. But he knew if the Djinni did not get enough enjoyment out of the curse they would grow bored and sadistic.

Pryiya watched with earnest as the battle progressed and Rapi’og ’ s life was in the balance.

“You seem worried My Liege,” Fonlan asked.

“There is always a chance I misread the hatred of Lalder and Rapi’og. Maybe they understood the mirror crystal curse enough. In this moment they could thwart it all Fonlan. A year of carefully set up dominoes could be defeated in this moment if Lalder and his fleet come to the defense of Rapi’og.”

Fonlan knew the Djinni were devious but it pleased him to know the Olgogs had a chance. “So if Lalder comes in and saves Rapi’og putting aside their mutual disdain, the curse will be stopped?”

“Yes but if either die before their hatred is resolved then the curse completes and the Mirror crystal shatters the membrane between timelines,” said Pryiya with obvious glee.

Fonlan watched as Rapi’og died sad, in pain, and rejected by those around him. It was a terrible way to end their life on this world even for a bully like Rapi’og. The mirror crystal in front of them shattered to dust.

“Good. This is even better than I could imagine,” said Pryiya, “The Olgogs think they have offset the curse by keeping their crystal whole. It is simply dust held together by stone. And slowly the elements of that timeline will leak into this one.
The only question is will they learn this before or after they regret letting Rapi’og die?”

The memory ended and Witch found herself crying actual tears. She wiped her eyes on the cloak of the dead pilgrim she now held. And turned back to the prisoners and her guests.

Arrayed around her was her prisoners Red Bishop Declaire, Naeil of the Lucky Fate Gang, and Tor’ab of Auf Lal’al, and her guests, the self-made God Krodnok, and a young Djinni boy carrying a platter projecting the image of Djinni Baroness Pryiya.

Krodnok turned and looked at Tor’ab. “So, I’ve heard what she’s had to say,” he said, gesturing over to Gogkiller. “And you seem to have a problem with everything that comes out of her mouth. I ask you, what is your problem here?”

Tor’ab responded to Krodnok "My problem is two fold. One was her means. She and hers were killing Merchants and raising them as a means, I guess to get the UtR’s attention.

My second issue what happens after if we follow her plan to join against this evil Lalder’s fleet.

This is brought on Her unwillingness to listen to me. As I have come around to listen, because I had this issue at first. She has not done the same. Her hatred seems to go from their timelines to ours.

She thinks of me as the Tor’ab in her time. Yes, I’m an enforcer, and yes I am good at it. But I have done more. So while her intentions for the first part seem true, the defeat the Lalder of their timeline. My growing concern is what happens after that. And since She has refused to listen to words or intent. Instead choosing to make the worse out of what is said. Choosing to continue to call names. Claim that I am here to assassinate her.

It doesn’t look very good for what happens after the Evil Lalder’s fleet is defeated. Will she turn this ships weapons on the UtR of this timeline?"

“What, exactly, isn’t she listening to you about?” asked Krodnok.

Tor’ab said “Specifically about removing the threat to Drewsport to get the UtR to work with them.”

“Ok. So, from what I’m hearing, you aren’t listening,” said Krodnok. “Which, you being UtR, doesn’t suprise me,” he added, as a bit of an afterthought. “Or, maybe, you just don’t understand proper desperation.”

Tor’ab responsed "Saying she does not want to harm anyone in Drewsport is not the same as saying she won’t. The threat is still there. That didn’t take back the statements made at the beginning. And you are right, I most likely don’t understand their desperation. But I also understand this witch has no qualms about killing anyone. She did kill a little girl in front of us all.

I am trying to see it from their point. I’m also giving them the suggestion that will allow the others to more easily work with her. Threatening a city is no way to ask for help. Remove that threat. Say its just parking here to avoid others attack like she did to me. Not sure it would be believed, but it is a start."

“Agree to what she wants,” Krodnok said. “But tell her the truth, that, ultimately, what Lalder and the UtR do isn’t your call. Then tell her you will go to Lalder and explain the situation. If he really cares about this world, instead of just himself, he’ll help.”

Krodnok sighed. “Unfortunately, I think he’s more concerned with himself and gaining favor with the EEF. Getting involved here doesn’t help that…”

With that, Krodnok turns away from Tor’ob and towards Witch Gogkiller as she approached.

After seeing the sad, lonely death of Rapi’og in this timeline, Witch had little to no empathy left for those who abandoned him to die by the hands of Red Furs and Krato-lovers. And hearing Tor’ab repeatedly assert that she could not be trusted, Witch excused herself again and had a set of the Oner Zealots brought up to her. She activated her curse and began looking at the minds of the UtR leaders and the leaders of Drewsport. Each memory that passed her way made her sadder and sadder. It was finally the memories from the crew of the Batavian Bat, secretly loading a Zela Cannonball into a cannon in case Witch betrayed them that finally made her realize she could not negotiate with these Olgogs. Their fear was too great and it ruled them.

She finally returned fully to her guests and started by saying, “I apologize for all the blood and bodies, but I needed to do some soul searching. I have decided…”

Naeil saw the strange look that Witch gave Drewsport and grew concerned.

“Okay FINE you win, The Lucky Fate Squad will support your endeavor” She said dryly. “We’ll give you access to our space technology and go fight evil Lalder. The one from your universe. Or you can just chuck me into the annihilation shield, you witch”

“My name is Witch, I am not a witch. Though I believe them to be an old earther sect of Wiccans who were nearly wiped out by an earlier incarnation of the Oners,” said Witch Gogkiller as she motioned for her guards to part and allow Tor’ol the diplomat to enter, “I know its confusing since most GulTor’Gor are named after their jobs. And we have no use for your rocketships. This Ziggurat is a Starship far more advanced than any crafted by Olgog hands.”

“GulTor’Gor, what does that mean, my honored host?” asked the Djinni diplomat politely.

“GulTor is the Death by Swords, it is as close a word to War in our, I mean Olgog language. That is why the Warmonger is simply the Mag Mag Gor , the greatest of great enemies. My former tribe were the GulTor’Uf. The end to death by swords. Or Peace as Bill would say to Earthers,” said Witch thoughtfully, the recent slaying fed her curse enough that she could experience full emotions without any negative side effects for a moment or two, “But now we have failed at being an End to Death by Swords, and are simply the Enemies of a Death by Swords.”

“But that would make you enemies of war,” said the Djinni with humor, looking around at the situation Witch had found herself in.

“Yes Ironic isn’t it,” said Witch, she turned fully to her Tor’ol, “What have you to report?”

“I attempted diplomacy with the UtR council as you ordered,” said Tor’ol slowly, “It went better than expected until the leaders present began to deny the existence of Kalok…”

“Repeat that,” said Witch absolutely dumbfounded.
“They denied Kalok’s existence. Even went so far as to say I was making him up,” reiterated Tor’ol.

“But…but…but didn’t he attack Simonsburg and try to burn all its inhabitants alive in this timeline??” asked Witch still confused beyond belief.

“Yes, it was a major event and I could tell in Lalder’s eyes and in the eyes of others that the UtR knew full well about the danger of Kalok. But while I was there, none of them would acknowledge Kalok and the other leaders were more worried about you,” said Tor’ol, “So I left and returned here. I can share that the Kul Gul Rapi family will aid you, but I can already tell any aid from Lalder and his cohorts will come with strings and you will be forced to follow his orders.

Lalder’s fatal flaw is his pride. His pride in his works and his accomplishments. He may be an Auf but he has no humility, even when he plans attacks in lands that belong to others. For the last two years I had heard tell of it. Next thing you know, Lalder will be addressing us like some sort of Golden God.”

Witch nodded, “His sin of Pride, will only be matched by my sin of wrath.”

“You may get your chance,” said the Djinni diplomat, pointing at the sky above the Ziggurat where a glowing image of Lalder had appeared to address them all.

Tor’ab looked up, feeling a little sheepish. He knew Lalder personally, and knew he was a good person, a big heart, filled with genuine love and caring for the Olgog peoples.

Tor’ab also knew that such a display as this would feed every accusation from Lalder’s critics. If only Lalder had used the staff to project Captain Dol or one of the Unit 817 diplomats, the true spokespeople of Drewsport. Instead adding his face to a seemingly overwhelming police action by the UtR in Drewsport would not serve them well.

The glowing image of Lalder said "I am Auf Lalder of the Herd of Auf Lal’al and council gog of the UtR of this time and dimension. Tor’ol of GulTor’Gor did not stick around to hear our answer and forbid any ships to approach your ship. So I have only this form of communication to use.

I have come to tell you that we of the UtR and some other tribes have decided to assist you in defense against the other invader as you ask. we wish to fight as allies. And as Allies, we do not wish conflict after that battle. As if there is a chance of conflict afterwards, each of our sides will hold back some, and that maybe enough for our downfall. I do believe we will need each other to win the battle to come. I have repaired this spear which was broken to return.

As I was told not to bring my fleet here by Tor’ol, it is not here, and we will need to gather our forces. Also, we will need to meet to plan out the details, but there are a few things we need sooner than later.

We want you to reasssure those of Drewsport that you intend no harm to those of Drewsport.
We will need any Olgogs you have taken prisoner of ours back. We will need them for the coming battle.
We meet to plan as a group for the location and timing of this battle, if it is possible for us to choose either or both.

I will now have anyone else who wishes to send their own message do so."
Tor’ol and Witch barely listened to the following messages. Instead Witch instantly turned around and motioned towards her prisoners.

“Tor’ab, Naeil, and you Red Bishop will be delivered to the Auf Lal’al lines. Tor’ab tell your Master that this is my peace offering as a show of good faith,” said Witch.

The three were levitated off the Ziggurat’s top floor and gently placed near the UtR peacekeepers. All three were checked for doppelganging, and larvaes and when found to be safe were hurried off to the UtR meeting site.

Witch thanked her guests Krodnok and the Djinni and asked if she might have some time alone with Tor’ol to compose her response to the UtR proclamation.

Krodnok confirmed his support for her in the coming battle and headed outside to take up a perch. He found the outside of the top floor had four corners that were optimally designed to allow him to keep a fairly good eye on the town spreading out around them. His enhanced vision quickly picked up threats as they appeared.

Most were rabblerousers who were talked down by the Kul Gul Rapi. Others were more intent on dangerous behavior, and there were a few intent insurgent snipers who were peppering the sides of the Ziggurat. And each time, Krodnok would marvel as the bullets annihilated on impact with the forcefield. And each time he would trace back the bullets path and see a glint of scope and eliminate the threat with his magi cannons or signal to his followers in town to apprehend the vigilante.

And the system was working magnificintly well. The Ziggurat’s shield would deal with the projeciles and he would focus on those who fired them. Most vigilante snipers captured by Krodnok’s followers were just Pirates or Oners who got sick of seeing the Ziggurat menacingly overhead.

Then suddenly, Krodnok was utterly surprised to see a bullet pass through the Ziggurat’s shield intact. It struck him in the shoulder, passed cleanly through it and blasted through the stone behind him.

Krodnok could feel no Leyas for a few moments, and he felt a weakness he had not felt since being raised up by the power in belief of his followers. He looked down at the wound, noting that despite the bullet sliding cleanly through, there was a residual powder. Taking out a knife, he cut away at his own flesh, until a sizeable part of his shoulder was gone. The benefit of his undead nature was that it did not hurt in the same way a living being would, though he felt it none the less.

When a good half pound of flesh and bone lay on the deck of the ziggurat beside him, suddenly he could feel the Leyas again. Krodnok knew of the dangerous metal known as Zela. It seemed out there was a sniper using Zela bullets. Krodnok raised up his magi cannon and began to aim for this new predator.

Part 3: Then Present is Everything

Moments ago

His name was Ser Antonious Bennett-Clayton, and he had been indoctrinated into the Inquisition of the Church of One at the ripe age of eleven. He had worked his way up through supreme loyalty and never questioning his orders. He had been the perfect selection for Inquisitor Lord Siedermann to send on this mission.
He said his prayers, and began looking down the advanced scope. It was something beyond anything the Inquisiton had used in the past. It was beyond high tech. Some sort of hybrid railgun .50 caliber rifle, Ser Bennett-Clayton suspected, but the green scope was eerily able to see and hear all it pointed at. The sniper assumed it was the strange gargoyle-like appendage extending from the scope, maybe some sort of advanced boom mic? Little did the devoted faithful knight know he carried a horrific hybrid of technomancy and hell-dimension engineering. A weapon that could only be crafted by a person fully in the sways of Warmonger’s prime demon princes.

Ser Bennett-Clayton was a deep believer and thought if the Inquisitors handed it to him, it was blessed and holy. He was currently in the crowsnest of a bar converted from a ship, hiding from the Olgogs below, and the watchful eyes of the evil demon-wannabe Krodnok above him. Ser Bennett-Clayton realized this was his chance. He could make the mother of all shots.

A sniper shot through Krodnok’s heart, through the chest of the Djinni inside the Ziggurat, and finally through the body of the Witch who ruled the Ziggurat. He knew his handlers would never authorize such a shot.

He lifted a box with a cross from his belongings. Opening the box he revealed a strange bullet. It had an outer Zela sabot, a middle core of a tungstun alloy, and an inner bullet containing an advanced liquid injector system. It came with a note saying, “Only to be used on Cardinal Bray’s children if they go rogue.”

Ser Bennett-Clayton didn’t get the reference, but he was a true believer and didn’t need to know why he did something, only that god had commanded it through his holy Church of One.

He looked down the infernal scope and then dialed in the special bullet to the same settings. He loaded it and slid the bolt on the rifle closed. He looked down the scope and attached its earpiece that looked a lot like a demons tail.

He heard voices from the Ziggurat’s top floor, past the defensive walls the GulTor’Gor had hastily erected. He saw Witch, and Tor’ol and heard them arguing.

“They have a cannon pointed at us with a Zela Cannon ball,” said Witch, “Don’t they know I could annihilate the ship, its crew, the cannon and the powder before the crew could strike a match or press a button? All that would be left would be that Zela cannonball. Dropped down to the bottom of the sea.”

“And prove everything they suspect about you right?” asked Tor’ol, “The UtR apparently rules by keeping people in the dark about Kalok and the other ancient evils. It may seem in their best interest to keep a weapon trained on you. Plus keep in mind, you do have a weapon pointed directly at Drewsport.”

“That is why I stay my hand,” said Witch, “But They needed to be spurred into action.”

She pulled out from inside her cloak pocket, a small pocket watch-like device. On its face were gemstones and no actual hands or times or even numbers.

“Maybe I should go back and try again,” said Witch sadly.

“What is this? Attempt number 8? We have tried and tried to fix this by using Time Shredding and we cannot. Why would attempt nine be any different,” said Tor’ol sternly, “We both know the only hope is to have the curse play itself out and hopefully defeat the evil version of Lalder before he causes….it…”

“I know…so many people to save…” said Witch, “Maybe I am too young for this…I am only two years old…”

“No Witch, do not beat yourself up,” said Tor’ol, “These soft olgogs do not know our struggle. It is not their place to. You are protected from the mirror crystal curse, and only you can be free of it long enough to fix it.”

At that moment a flicker ran over the entire Ziggurat, they heard cracking stone and Tor’ol asked, “What was that?”

He turned back towards Witch to see her hand on her right breast, and blood flowing. He rushed to her side, and Witch fell into his embrace.

As she did the Ziggurat began to lose altitude, drifting down with increasing speed. She pushed the Spear of Rehsed into Tor’ol’s hands. She whispered, “Zela metal, I suspect. Fired from a weapon I am unfamiliar with. I feel a little woozy, Tor’ol, but I don’t feel the Uth curse…Since the moment I was born again by Uhryu Bill’s powers, I have always know the suffering of the Uthvelor curse.”

Tor’ol lifted one of her wrists noticing the lead-like color now tainting the veins under her skin. Tears formed in his eyes, and he began to sob slowly.
“Then enjoy these last few moments curse free,” said Tor’ol looking at her sad and beautiful face.

“I like this,” said Witch, “It must be nice for the rest of you…”

“What should I do…do now?” asked Tor’ol., “Now that you…that you…are…”

“Gone?” asked Witch sadly, her tears flowing freely, “I know…Tor’ol, of all the Tor’ols you have been the most good to me. I am sorry I have to leave you with such a burden. You must stop the evil fleet.”

“Why shouldn’t I just go back and save you?” asked Tor’ol, “Why not just go back and warn us of this betrayal?”

“You would just be changing things elsewhere…” said Witch sadly, “You would always have to live with the knowledge that I died in your arms here. And the fear of it repeating would cause you to make terrible choices. Make my death mean something instead. Get the UtR and their allies to prepare the Mirror Crystal as the documents I gave you show…set the trap for Lalder, wipe out his fleet.”

At this point her breathing grew ragged, the lung that had been pierced by the bullet was now ripped open by fragments. A little bit of the liquified zela dribbled out along with the copious blood. Tor’ol laid her gently on the floor, and pulled on a nightmare hide glove before digging into the wound, to try and pull out the bullet. What he yanked out was a pump designed to overdose a victim’s vascular system with zela metal in a liquid solution. It was obviously Earther technology. Tor’ol checked the parts and found obvious symbols and markings that corresponded to Church of One religious iconography. He howled with rage, before placing the bullet inside a small bag of Nightmare hide to keep it safe.
He would show this to the UtR and see if it allowed for them to believe that Witch and the GulTor’Gor were at threat from the moment they arrived here.

Then as he thought of how the UtR had allowed others to deny Kalok’s existence in his presence, despite his entreaties, he grew wrathful. He had the spear in his off-hand and prepared to use it to command the ziggurat to annihilate Drewsport, the UtR, all of them. But a calm, thoughtful voice spoke into his mind, saying, “The Pain you feel is real, and it is justified. But do you want to replicate that pain in everyone who loves someone in the city below you?”

Tor’ol stayed his hand, and simply cried until he could cry no more.

He heard a heartfelt clapping to his right, and saw the Djinni Diplomat and the holographic image of Djinni Baroness Pryiya both applauding as if it was the most amazing performance they had ever seen.

“Simply incredible, this Olgog and Uthvelor and their love, such an impressive diplay of pain and sorrow and loss,” muttered the Djinni boy acting as Diplomat.

Tor’ol grew angry, and said, “Baroness Pryiya, you see before you a new gog, allow me to introduce myself as Tor’ol Gogkiller. I now control both the Ziggurat and the GulTor’Gor. It seems you gains a great entertainment at my personal loss. It also seems like you owe me for that entertainment. You see I never made any deals and got not payment from the Djinni. But you and your boy here just had a joygasm.”

The Djinni Baroness stopped clapping and said, “Well this is highly irregular, what is it you want?”

“I wish for you and your kind to get the hell off of Refuge,” said Tor’ol Gogkiller, “For Good.”

“We cannot change what exists Olgog you should know that,” said Pryiya in annoyance.

“Then I will just have to grant my own wish,” said Tor’ol loudly as he annihilated the Djinni diplomat before Pryiya’s gaze. Then he turned the annihilation beam on her projector cutting off her image, view and ability to see into this place.

Tor’ol stood there quietly for a few moments, along with his tears and Witch’s rapidly cooling corpse.
He heard the voice of the spear again. “Calm your mind, Tor’ol Gogkiller. We have rapid work to do. It is obvious spies and assassins move against you. Once we finish our work here, we must cloak this vessel.”

Epilogue:

Bill had been coming to Drewsport to reprimand the Witch Gogkiller from the other timeline for their threat to the innocent. What he discovered when he arrived was quite different than he expected.

The local government had taken forty Og’GulTor youths prisoner, and they were set for a trial. Apparently they had been killing Merchants who dared to trade with the UtR and carved “Death to Lalder” into their victims. They had left their victims in a state to be rezzed by anyone who rescued them, but still were being charged with attacking caravans and disrupting trade.

Uhyru Bill sighed sadly, he had witnessed enough Trials in these lands, to make him wary of any justice.

When he arrived below the Ziggurat, he saw a Tor’ol that looked a lot like Quartermaster of the GulTor’Uf from his own Timeline. This Olgog carried a very different dressed version of Witch Gogkiller down to him, and placed her slight body in his hands.

Checking her wounds, he could quickly tell her entire vascular systems and lympathic systems were tainted by zela metal. No amount of cutting away would give me enough flesh to save this poor poor being.

The spirit had left the body, and flesh left over had a lead-like pallor due to the large amount of zela metal poisoning her cells. Bill held her lovingly in her arms as the Tor’ol spoke.

“She was my Gulmagtor, my captain, and my dearest friend,” he said, “I am Tor’ol Gogkiller, and I demand that you take her body to Oasis of Karov and dispose of her remains in the Karovian way. Please inter her skull with the other heroes of the GulTor’Uf in the tents of the Gor’abs of GulTor’Uf.”

Bill stroked her hair, “She was so young…so very young. Barely more than two years of age in mind. Such a waste…such a waste.”

“Old Gog, you do not know the extent of the heroic sacrifice that girl you hold has made in the past few months,” Tor’ol Gogkiller said sternly, “You hold a hero who would have sacrificed anything to save your people. Would have wiped Drewsport off the map if it meant saving her tribe.”

“Sacrifice without merit gains nothing but loss,” Bill replied.

Tor’ol said as he levitated back up to the Ziggurat, leaving Bill with the body in the city below, “You gave her life Old Gog, its only fitting you stand by her when her skull is interred.”

The Ziggurat disappeared as it went invisible, and Bill could feel the breeze as the ship flew away.

A few tears filled Bill’s eyes.

Rewards:

Godart gains Naeil is an Offensive Diplomat. Gains Profession: Diplomat of 2 and Negotiation Skill of 2. She may not know much, but she definitely now knows what pisses off others. She also gains Emotional Control +1.

Lalder gains Tor’ab defends his Auf. Whenever in the presence of Auf Lalder, Tor’ab now gains a +1 Faith bonus to Leyas tests.

Lord Grimaldus gains Declaire is on trial. Declaire has been captured by Unit 817 using Soul Scopes. His fate will be decided duringthe Trialthread in reference to his attack on the Lucky Fate and His Murder of Godart.

Kul Gul Rapi gains Respect of the Og’GulTor. Showing them justice, and protecting them from those who wanted them outright dead. If the Og’GulTor survive their trialthen 40 of them (use Ur Mak stats) will join the Kul Gul Rapi. They also gain one huge tarp.

Yagogi gains Successfully Builds the Hidden Hangar of Stone deep in the canyonlands of Karov. This place is the perfect hiding spot of allied vessels. And is the current location of Tor’ol Gogkiller and his Zig.

Kolgol gains Mar’ak the imposing. Mar’ak gains Intimidation +2, and Profession: Security Guard 2
Mar’ak is also now known as a reliable being to the other people at Drewsport’s defense for future missions.

Krodnok gains Sniped Some, Captured Others. He has captured five Church of One Mercs, including Ser Benett-Clayton, involved in the attack on the Ziggurat, and they will be put on trial. During the trail the fate of Ser Bennett-Clayton’s Infernal Rifle will be decided (rifle is currently under guard by 817 until its decided if its safe. If its safe Krodnok gets it, if its unsafe, then a way to destroy it must be decided). Krodnok also gains the trust of Tor’ol and the respect of Drewsport. As a result his religious following increased by twenty five followers in Drewsport, and the Church of Krodnok can now build a Religious Sanctuary next door to the Cathedral.

Khered gains +1 Stealth, and witnesses the death of the Uthvelor and her replacement by the Olgog leader. He also recognized the spear the Olgog leader carried.

GulTor’Uf gains Bill learns that Witch Gogkiller is protected from the Mirror Crystal Curse, and that while the Witch from the Mirror timeline is final death by Zela, somewhere his own Witch from this timeline still is, and she could equally save both timelines. Unfortunately, Witch died, and Tor’ol left before he could explain exactly how it all worked.

Unit 817, Alexraizer, and Kul Gul Rapi gain Drewsport is safe. For next 3 missions their characters get a +1 bonus to hit and dodge.

Scout gains no reward except the humor of humoring himself ;p

Three new threads !!!

The Trials

The Ceremony of Flesh and Spirit

Final Plan for the Mirror Crystal