TSGL3 Finale Mission Report: The Judgement of Der'al

Suddenly a horn sounded, the alarm horns of the wild Sylvan. One of the few tools they used were horns made from passed elders and heroes, along with bone and wood spears. These horns gave a loud pure note, and could be varied to suit the need. And when sounded in alarm the meaning could not be confused.

I’tash looked up to see two hooded and robed figures were removing his restrains and freeing him from the stocks. Empress Iessa, first Sylvan Empress in aeons was already gone, left via treegate to lead her army in defense of this newly reclaimed settlement.

I’tash looked into the grey hood and saw a concerning face.

“Ahh good, In this moment, right as you enter the role of slave, I wanted to have you see my face,” said the Krato General who was hidden in the cloak.

“General Tharr, but how? Even the Uth Seers say you are dead, well and truly final death,” stammered I’tash, “Your Krato they are here, even in this inner sanctum?”

“No, luckily for you, I don’t truly serve Warmonger any more than I served the Kasanthians,” said General Tharr, carefully removing the Zela from the wounds of the elder Sylvan, “My Krato are here with me just to help you escape this place, and safely return to Refuge. Now the Armies of the Krato Generals who truly serve Warmonger, they are ringed around this new city.

They believe they are scattering their enemies among the Sylvan by shattered this new center of power. They are of course wrong. They are simply beginning the next war, in what Warmonger hopes will be endless war to power his true goals.

And this attack is just part one. All holdings across the distant shores allied or recognized by the Sylvan will be under attack by the Krato Generals loyal to Warmonger.

But I have made sure that at least the Krato Ur-Kings will not stand beside the evil Generals. And even the Krato in their way will serve the Balance in defense against Warmonger.

But like the Sea kings, the Krato Generals are true believers in Warmonger.

It will be bad for Refuge. The speaking races of Refuge will need your help, and your redemption in action to save them. I have made sure to train an army of people who will aide you in this. People I helped and people I hurt, but I made sure they became the agents of change you will need to help Refuge survive this Age of Warmonger.

The Rumors of my death were not lies, I’tash. It did cost me my life to get you here, no matter how many different ways I tried. But to bring you so low, to force you to live the pain you caused so many, and to free those millions you made slaves, it was worth my life.

And I don’t want Warmonger to win, I’tash, no matter how I may personally hate you.

So you get to live, I’tash. I hope your new slavemasters are kinder than mine were, Grand-Magi-No-More.”

Part 13: I’tash Returns Home…

There was a flash of red light and I’tash found himself standing alone in a field. He was dressed in simple brown robes and in the distance he could see the spires of the Capital city of I’tash.

The city in the Northern Kingdoms of Refuge, that despite rebellion and a new freed society kept the name of the City.

He watched as swirling energy bridges to the land of the Krato opened across the cityscape. And these Krato who came through as small as a dwarf, became giants and began to rage.

The undead Sylvan Master would not stand for such disrespect to his metropolis. Rising up, he raced across the wide roadways, levitating inches above the ground. From one hand extended a blade powered by his own undead lifeforce, and the former Grand Magi’s ArchLeoch Blade was deadly to all it struck.

As he leaped and twisted through the air, using levitation to make impressive leaps up the side of buildings. Catching ledges for but a moment, he was aloft again, his blade pointed at the nearest Krato’s giant head. The chilling blade struck through flesh, blackening it like frostbite, and instantly killing the soft brain matter inside the metallic skull.

Floating across the monster’s shoulders as it fell, I’tash leaped again. Using the crystalline skyscrapers as his playground, I’tash was a blur of movement. Every time the Krato seemed to disrupt the Peacebringer formations, I’tash was there breaking the assault and initiating a counter assault which would reclaim neighborhoods.

When Grand Magi Elijah Morte marched from the Fortress of the Grand Magi with thousands of troops to reclaim the capital of the I’tashi Alliance, what he found was surprising. The city was already retaken by the I’tashi Alliance forces, but with former Lord I’tash in its lead.

Elijah Morte expected a fight, a civil war, something, and was shocked but impressed when the old Warleoch put down his weapons and handed over the city proudly to the new Grand Magi. When Elijah learned that the old Sylvan had become a slave to the I’tashi Alliance he didn’t know what to do…

Yet in his first act as a slave, I’tash had honored both the Northern Kingdoms and the City that bore his name.

Elijah said to him, “As acting Grand Magi of the Northern Kingdoms and leader of the I’tashi Alliance, I grant you your freedom, I’tash of the Sylvan. None shall be my slave, nor the slave of my own kingdoms. Not even you.

But I would be honored to provide you asylum, and appoint you as my advisor, I’tash. May your service to our great state lead to a redemption of your crimes against its citizens in the past. Welcome home I’tash, welcome home.”

Former Grand Magi I’tash bowed respectfully. In his undead heart he knew Grand Magi Morte could not grant him freedom from the punishment of slavery demanded by the Sylvan Warleoch’s Council. In his mind, he knew only they could reverse that punishment. But if it made Elijah feel better to not think of I’tash as a slave, he would let his new master believe whatever made it easier to sleep at night.

First things first, he thought, it was time to handle the Krato threat.

“We must mobilize the full force of the I’tashi Alliance army to push the Krato from the Northern Kingdoms Lord Morte,” said I’tash respectfully.

“Then make it so Consul I’tash,” said Elijah, “Together we will drive the Krato from our peoples’ lands.”

[b]Epilogue

Jan 1st 2216 A.R.

Azrael stopped looking into the future and sighed. All his steps were in place to destroy Warmonger, and free his once beloved cousin Mar’un’ga from the grip of the ancient being. He looked again, confirming all would run its course as long as he and his Uthvelor and Pelebor affected the course of history in the right ways.

He growled, a deep and uncompromising sound. He still didn’t like it.

“You are going to say even though it will work, you don’t like it,” said the Krato General Tharr.

“You and I are enemies,” said Azrael, “Your people and mine are enemies.”

“And yet, we both want Warmonger destroyed, and Mar’un’ga restored to the hero he once was…” said Tharr with a finality that said he knew of their eventually mutual agreement.

“I know, but so many dead,” said Azrael sadly, “The rise of two new Ancient Evils in Warmonger’s place? The Dragon of Unity and Kalok will destroy so many innocent souls.”

“But I will give you the Da’uhnb Queen back too, Azrael,” countered Tharr, “An ever increasing army of time traveling Demon Hunters who can make sure that Kalok and the Dragon of Unity never become as dangerous as the Warmonger.”

“And bring back the Neliff. You don’t understand how dangerous the Neliff can be. Even the Quall are frightened of them!” roared Azrael in a voice that echoed across the empty palace.

“And a Neliff Radical will be born that will help you guide the Quall Queens to unite in protection of this reality. The I’tash Slavers will be greatly decreased, and despite losing the Mind Spike Tribe and the Poison Claw Clan to the Warmonger, you would eventually redeem the Akalus Legionnaires in the eyes of all of Refuge,” said Tharr.

“What about K’ain son of S’saris Rass and Celyse daughter of Zaodonai Dokos? Their torment, and the torment of their children,” said Azrael.

“A single family’s pain to reunite the Uthvelor and K’iorn,” asked Tharr, “Doesn’t that seem a fair price to pay.”

“So you will be kidnapping the Scions of S’vana,” said Azrael, “I knew they were displaced through time, but not why. Am I that cause?”

“No, you idealistic fool,” laughed Tharr, “Though you will put them together in ways unexpected. I am the cause. And justly, you will stand back and let me steal the Scions of S’vana. And you will even let me turn the Kingdom of Kasanth into a Kasanthian Federation across the stars. In the end I take the blame, karmically and philosophically.”

“In the end, we all take the blame,” said Azrael, “We take the blame for those we help, and those we hurt. Those we give a hand up to, and those whose throat we put a boot on.”

“Then I guess the question is, are you willing to take the blame, and the responsibility?” asked Tharr.

“The question is how much it will hurt when you finally die final death,” countered Azrael, “I have seen it.”

“I know,” said Tharr sadly, “I have too. I am thankful your Akalus Hak’u Yohai was quick and precise. It will not hurt as much as it could. I suppose I should thank you for that.”

“I am sorry I could not free your people from slavery,” said Azrael.

“You think you are sorry?
I learned how to travel time only to learn that saving my people from slavery makes it so…much…worse…The next four years 2216 through 2220 are set in stone,” Tharr said with a sense of finality,
“The only thing that can change the next four years are a Time Shredder.”

“Change what you can, accept what you cannot,” said Azrael, realizing he was saying it to an empty room.

As a being who regularly pulled that disappearing trick on folks, he felt a little chagrin knowing General Tharr had given him one last gift before leaving. A moment of humor, before a time of darkness.

Azrael spread his wings and flew into the sky. As he prepared to call back his forces from exterminating WarChief Zar’cos’ and the Mind Spike Tribe for their continued refusal to stand down from invading the lands of the Aerie of the Weeping Wings, he knew it would encourage further raiding and slaving even though it was also against his wishes.

But General Tharr had convinced him, in this instance, the needs of the future out weighted the needs of the present.

:cool:Rewards:cool:

Simonsburg gains The Blessed Ward of Uriel’s Defenders. Every city street and building in Simonsburg counts as having a Ward with 10 Successes on it against Earth Leyas. This means no Earth Leyas attack can harm a building in Simonsburg, and no Earth leyas can alter one either. No Energy Bridges to the plane of Dokrice, land of the Sylvan or Land of the Krato may be opened in Simonsburg (outside the city only). No one may teleport into the City or out of the city. This Ward does not prevent the Council’s tree-gates from working.”
Tla’loc’al Station gains The Fortified Underground of Hobzhol Gul. Every city street and building in Tla’loc’al Station counts as having an extra S.A.R. of 10, and had a network of pillars below the city that will protect the city from all Earthquake attacks. There is now a network of dangerous sink holes for miles around the station, and it can randomly swallow up ground vehicles and ground troops. Only the Hovertrain and the Air Skimmers seemed a safe way to get into and out of the station.

The Underground City of Krodnok gains The Blessed Ward of Krodnok’s Disciples. Every city street and building in this settlement counts as having a Ward with 9 Successes on it against Earth Leyas. This means no Earth Leyas attack can harm a building in the city, and no Earth leyas can alter one either. No Energy Bridges to the plane of Dokrice, land of the Sylvan or Land of the Krato may be opened in the city (outside the city only). No one may teleport into the City or out of the city. This Ward prevents most Earth Leyas abilities within the city limits.
Mt. Rhug is now under siege by the demons of Warmonger.

Drewsport gains The Legend of the Beezos and the Proud Mary. All children who lived through the battle of Drewsport survived aboard these vessels, as a result these children will grow into characters who do not need to take Emotional Control tests around undead, nightmares, nightmare hybrids, vampyrs, bandits, or other non-traditional characters. They can calmly talk their way with any variety of extradimensional or extraliving creature. As a result Drewsport will continue to grow and increase in trade and economy into a major port. No fear attack will affect the children of this city.

Brez gains the Falosini Embassy. This embassy is staffed by a small army of Baribur and Falosini Warriors, who will protect the city in times of crisis. The Embassy keeps to itself trying not to cause interdimensional incidents. However this embassy can be consulted by the leadership of Brez about any Planar Lore matter. This embassy also shows official recognition of the UtR by the Falosini armies of Ceroj.

Karov gains the Shadow Dome goes undergound. The Shadow Dome can now protect against subterranian attacks as well as surface and aerial attacks. The Shadow Dome will also extend its tentacles to attack any extra planar beings who approach the Shadow Dome.
Unen gains We may be Ruins but we still Port it Out. The Port of Unen is a bombed out, burned out mess, but the Unenese are so proud of their success that they have kept the Port open and fully working. As a result Port Unen merchants now may access any blackmarket item in the DR corebook, or Outlaws Guide to Refuge. (no technomancy) In addition the Port of Unen now has a Merc’s quarter with buildings for Lucky Fate Squad, Urik’s Outcasts and other Merc groups that helped in the defense of Unen.

All elders and named characters who actually participated in this mission get a unique item. The Krato Bone Nodachi inscribed with 2220 A.R. Survivor. This weapon is indestructable. Has a WT of 1 (yes it count as Armor as well as a weapon when wielded). Requires 2 hands to use. Gives A.R. +5 vs Melee as long as its the weapon being used this combat round. 15 Melee dmg, and counts as a GiantKiller weapon (No A.R. on Giants and WarGiants). It lowers V.A.R. and S.A.R. by 5 pts. It comes in a Krato skin sheath. This weapon and Sheath are acid proof and immune to all attacks.

Tor’Lallur gains 10 Krato Corpse Instilled Nightmares (use Instilled Nightmare F.S. and Attacks, but gains Krato Blood attacks and Krato A.R. and Acid Immunity).

Scene after the credit roll…

Year 2220 A.R.

Yohai stood in the floating palace of Mar’un’ga. Sending his own mind far and wide, he searched memories using the Uthvelor Curse. The Curse was powerful and allowed Yohai to even send messages through the curse to other cursed beings.

Imagine his surprise when he finally found the memories he was looking for.

He was watching from the eyes of an Uthvelor prisoner of war. The Uthvelor POW was a former Mind Spike Tribal, and was onboard some airship that looked a lot like General Tharr’s airship from the inside. From inside the prisoner’s memories, Yohai could feel their face pulled to the side, and something sharp strike deep into their neck.

The eyes turned and finally landed on the sadistic K’iorn face who looked down at the POW. Yohai would recognize that face anywhere. It was Volphis, General Tharr’s ward and current leader of his armies.

Volphis said, "Do not worry Captain, I do not do this to harm you. I do it so whomever decides to look through your head will see what I want them to see.

And if you are seeing me, memory thieves of the Uthvelor, tell one of your number that I am coming for him. His name is Yohai Ha’jima and he is one of Azrael’s most beloved Akalus Ha’ku… and he assassinated my dear father. I watched General Tharr die on your blade Yohai. And now that Warmonger is released anyway, I have no reason to restrain my hand, or restrain my vengeance."

from the corner of the prisoner’s eye, Yohai could see a porthole and many other airships moored nearby. A veritable fleet for the rogue Time Shredder Volphis.

Then Volphis twisted the mind spike dagger embedded in the Uthvelor’s brain. Yohai felt his own mind being filled with twisted thoughts and perversions, and felt himself loosing control.

Yohai broke the cursed connection using all his willpower. Panting, covered in sweat, he opened his eyes once more in his castle, far from Volphis’ hidden fleet. He fell to his knees. Yohai would have to be careful. Apparently obfuscating Uthvelor Curse memory searches was just one of the little horrific tricks Tharr had taught his son.

Yohai lifted himself up, knowing instantly that Volphis was up to something new and dangerous. Yohai worried, would Terror’s lost son be the death of them all, or their eventual savior. He did not know, but he knew that Lord Azrael had declared Volphis as one of the line of Ha’jima that no Uthvelor or Pelebor was allowed to kill.

Heading down to the siege of the Shadow Dome, where the Krato and the Olgogs were still engaged in battle, Yohai joined with a large force of Uthvelor and Pelebor loyalists to Azrael. In the heart of that trench warfare, he found his master, the Fallen Falosini sovereign knee deep in Krato corpses.

Azrael looked at Yohai and said, “You have seen the Scion of S’vana.”

“Yes mighty Lord,” replied Yohai.

“Then you know he plots against us,” said Azrael, “And yet unlike his brother Zar’cos he had not fallen to Warmonger’s worship. There is a chance for him.”

“A chance at what my lord?” asked Yohai.

“I have forseen, that either Volphis will cure the Sylvan of the Siurcut Keyaba, or he will take it upon himself,” said Azrael’s hollow voice, “Imagine the child of the highest Zaodonai of the Uthvelor and the highest Zaodonai of the K’iorn, trained by Tharr, risen up as a Time Shredder, but using the full might of the Sylvan Empire and with the support of both my fallen legions and the Warcouncil of S’vana.”

Yohai grew quiet not sure what his master wanted of him.

“But you, Yohai, he and all of Tharr’s apprentices want you dead,” said Azrael, “And we can use that to our advantage.”