Tor'ab's call to rescue the POWs.

Tor’ab of the Herd of Auf Lal’ al while burried partially in the ground using his cloak to conceal his presence, he stares over a dune looking at this prisoner and execution camp. Using Bird sight to look for ways to rescue all the gogs, not just his tribesmen. No gog should have their life terminated forever in such a way. The one thing he knows, is even if he fails to rescue them, each churcher who works here will one day find themselves on the end of their own sword, and then set on fire as they die.

He caught himself then, knowing from his training and experience that he needs a level head, and pushes the thoughts of revenge out of his mind for now.

He will need more help, and he will need the help of the tribes who do not rely as much on Leyas. At least at first until those crosses can be dealt with.

After a while of observing, he will make his way back to a underground bunker that his new Auf trainee created for them to be able be near and plan the rescue.

Tor’ab has sent out requests for help to any Lur Union (Kul’Gul Rapi Family, Kolgol, Rhug’na’r) members not already present. (Expecting Or’Lur and Ol’lur to be involved and will arrange transport here under cover to keep their presence secret.).

Additionally, he sent requests for aid to Unit 817, as he would need their firepower. He sent a specific message to Rhug’na’ru explaining that he needs their firepower if possible to attack a leyas warded area.
Invites were sent to Gul’Tor’Uf and Gang of the Uf Mag’og tribes.

(OCC I’m still looking up more possibilities and will add them later, but I wanted to get this thread started.)

Kolgol sat wearily in his cave as he pondered the message he had received from Tor’ab. These were grave tidings indeed, the gogs who had gone on that trip, while hasty in their attack, were experienced fighters. Certainly a camp capable of holding such people was impressive in strength. He was not impartial to an immediate rescue, but he knew that anything done in haste might only result in worse conditions for his friends in the camp. Thus, he decided to send another more level headed olgog to lead in his stead. He motioned for the olgog standing behind him to approach. His name was Ka’Mag, and was an Aufgog of the tribe.

“Ka’Mag” the weary olgog said after a moment. “I have chosen you to lead the rescue of our captured comrades. You will take another Aufgog with you, as well as some of our own fighters to aid Chieftain lalder in this matter. Do not fail me in this Ka’Mag, I am sending half of our able fighters of our tribe with you, and as you know another fourth are south with Uth’Lal. Failure is not an option. Go now, choose your men.”

He waved dismissively, as Ka’Mag bowed and left the chamber. Kolgol returned to what he had been looking at before, a shard of obsidian from deep in Mt. Rhug. He was deep in thought about whether or not to send his soon to be elite unites into battle. He smiled to himself then and placed the obsidian back on the shelf, and went to see his warriors off.

Details:

-Sending people as follows-

-10 Ur Tor Youths (Armed regularly)

-10 Standard Tribals (Also default)

-4 Kolgul militia recruits (As seen in the Goblin Lands book)

-1 Aufgog Eru’Khaz (armed with a swordfiend bone glaive, but otherwise ordinary)

-1 Aufgog Ka’Mag (Also given a swordfiend bone glaive in addition to two swordfiend bone throwing knives)

(They will all head to the location provided by Lalder, presumably safe to meet and talk.)

The Captain tapped his fingers on his desk, leaning over the message. Captured? Already? He looked up at Olav, who simply sighed and began to explain some things. “From what I understand, sir, they were all captured trying to help an Or’Lur citizen who was hoplessly outmatched and by all rights, should have died in the conflict.” He pulled at his cigar bag, thinking, then put it back in his pocket. “The Auf Lal’ al wants our help to rescue the survivors who are being held in a POW camp. Apparently they are to be killed publicly, then hacked to pieces.”

Reshed leaned back, opening a drawer and pulling out a quill and ink. He pulled a flat sheet of mesh-paper and wrote some things down. Olav leaned toward him. “Whats that?” The Captain kept writing, only glancing up at the tall Olgog. “What we will be sending and what we would like to see return with them, if at all possible.” He took out another sheet and wrote some more. “These are the commands and roster for who will be going out to deal with the situation.” Olav looked at each paper, smiling at both. “A steam tank… now that would be useful.” He gave a curt nod to Reshed. “I will gather the troops listed, and prepare for deployment.” He left the room, leaving The Captain to his thoughts.

Details

-Sending people as follows-

-5 Kolgul militia Recruits (Above)

-five Standard Tribals (4 rifles, 1 heavy machine-gun, each 2 grenades)

-Olav (Armed with 1 50. cal machine gun, 1 Pistol with an axe blade, 1 Sniper Rifle)

(Heading to Lalder) (Also, if at all possible, I wish to commandeer the steamtank)

Tor’Lur will helping from the inside. (Duh)

(OOC: Is this the planning thread or just requesting help thread?)

(Deleted)
(The internet decided it wanted more of me)

(OCC Planning thread hopefully. I was just waiting for a few others to show up. )

Tor’ab wil arrange for each group to be positioned and their leader brought to the bunker. Inside this place, there is a round stone table with a map of the camp and mindfield. Additionally the locations of the Crosses are marked on it.
Tor’ab is looking over the drawing looking for the best way to attack.

5 Vampyrs entered the meeting. they set themselves up in a wide V obviously protecting the next people entering. An earther in paladins armor with a purple tabbard depicting 2 black claws entered the tent followed by 4 earthers in worn church of one leather armor. the 5 imposing Olgog vampyrs stayed silent watching the crowd.

The man in plate mail raised his visor, exposing a weathered middle aged face with deep blue eyes. “I am Navigator Turin Kul’Gul Rapi. I speak with Mama Rapigog’s voice. We are here to help free your tribesmen captured by the church of one.”

“We’re here to help too!” called the newest to enter. He was not alone, as he stood next to another Olgog who shared many similarities with the first. “My name is Molf, and this is my brother Dolf. We have come to prove ourselves to Tor’Lur and his tribe.” Behind them, 4 Ur Rhug of the Ol’Lur tribe and 2 former members of the Kolgul Militia enter and hearing the slightly shorter Olgog’s words, look a bit confused, but go along with it.

One Ur Rhug stepped past the brothers and said, “It’s pretty obvious why we’re here. In the thought of potentially aiding our rescue efforts, we have brought some supplies that might be useful.”

He briefly shows that they have brought two Poisonbringer Spears, a dragon-skin pouch of poison, and (in pieces) a suit of Church of One Paladin armor.

(OOC: 4 Ur Rhug, 2 Kolgul Militia and 2 Goblin Raiders, and the equipment listed above.)

Finally, after a few days of hard travel, the olgogs from Ka’Rhug arrived to help. Leading them was Ka’Mag, an unusually tall olgog of his tribe who stood out among the rest of his companions. He didn’t speak to the olgogs standing near the door, and simply motioned for his men to step into the bunker. It took a moment of adjusting, but finally they all fit inside in a corner of the room. Ka’Mag approached the table with the map spread across it and spoke.

“Greetings. I am called Ka’Mag, and I have come to aid in the retrieval of those who were captured. I will do my best to help in any way necessary.”

An olgog of few words, he stepped back, nodding in satisfaction with his introduction. Looking around, he couldn’t help but notice his forces were larger in number than most of the others gathered here. He had hoped that far more would be here to help, but nothing could be done about that. Besides, he knew from experience that some of those here could fight as well of three of his own men. He sighed quietly, and waited for the meeting to start.

Rhug’ab looked down at his map, then back up, deciding that this was in fact the location they had been searching for. Olav looked down at Rhug’ab, who motioned to the bunker. The 8 other Olgogs from Rhug’na’ru soon caught up with the two and followed him to the bunker. “Not much like our bunker, eh Rhug’ab?” Rhug’ab merely smirked. Before entering Olav motioned for all but Rhug’ab to remain outside and stay hidden, then the two entered the bunker.

He looked around at the faces in the room, nodding to Ka’Mag, and stood at the table. “I am called Olav, I represent Rhug’na’ru.” He stated simply and motioned for Rhug’ab to stand to his side. He looked at a rather small corner of the bunker at a small group of crowded soldiers, slightly confused, but ignored it.

A large force showed up that seemed like a good thing to the navigator. They could certainly use the help. “I have a plan.” He noted. “I have church of one vestments for this armor. The other earthers and I will act as if we captured the vampyrs. Use it to gain access to the incarcerated. Over power the guards and free them. Give us ten minutes or after the first signs of conflict then the other tribes gathered assault the prison to give us the distraction we need to get everyone out.” He looked around at the gathered tribes, “what say you all?”

Tor’ab smiled "Do you have a hover vehicle to get over the mine field? If you do, we maybe able to work with this plan.

For the distraction, I was thinking trying to destroy the Earth and Shadow Ward Crosses. If this is possible, once the earth Cross has been destroyed, we shift the ground of the mine field. Also destroying the shadow ward cross, this would allow our gogs to use shadow weapons and shadow walk. One for attack, and one to leave the area.

I think this would create a good amount of distraction.

I also have one gog who is in there that is a summoner, I’m sure one the action starts, he will do what he can to support gogs.

Now destroying these crosses is also what I wanted the tech weapons for. I’m not sure exactly how to destroy them, but I assume enough damage thrown to them. Though this is a big assumption.
"

Olav leaned in. “I can provide a few grenades. If they can be attached to the crosses a few of my snipers can make a magnificent explosion.” He coughed. “It could be enough to take out the crosses.” He scratched his chin. “I am inclined to tell you that my tribe would like their steam tank, in one piece if possible.” He took out a cigar and lit it. “If that’s all right.”

Molf looked at Olav and shook his head, “Securely attaching anything to those crosses will take time and proximity; not too effective just to cause the distraction we’re looking for. And if you want that tank in one piece, then it’s gonna need to be disabled.” The Ur Rhug of Ol’Lur spoke to the navigator, “My name is Ol’na, and we have also brought armor of the gor, if it may help.” Then, inspiration struck him, “My Chieftain told a tale of a dangerous adventure of sneaking into a gor base, by hiding the warriors inside of a shadow on the underside of an Er-thur vehicle. Perhaps some of us can access the prison the same way and overwhelm them from the inside, while others deal with their crosses?”

Tor’ab says "Sneak onboard the hovertruck does sound like an interesting idea. If I could get close to one of those crosses, using vorpal claws, I should be able to destroy one. Lalon, with a laser attack maybe able to destroy another, if in range.

My concern is over powering them, at my best I could take 20, but without Leyas at first, that would be difficult. And those swords don’t look like the one I have either.

So we would have to do both, take out the crosses as others try to overwelm them.

There is an advantage, they do have 20 other gogs there. If we knock out the shadow cross, it would even the odds quickly.

Molf, do you have any of those Leyas stickly mines. They won’t work with the shadow ward up, but once its down, we could disable the steam tank. Otherwise someone is going to have to disable the pilot.

So I’ve rambled a bit, so here are the jobs we see:

1. We need a group to get a hover truck or 2.
  2. Turin, and his vampires distraction for bringing in prisoners works for me. With Some gogs sneak aboard the hover truck to get inside. Wait for a time to strike, then take out some Churchers. Maybe one or 2 head for a cross to take out. Olav, since your group doesn’t care about leyas and you have those guns. I think you should be with this group. We’ll have to only take a few though. Can’t weight the truck down.
  3. Distraction. I think some of the mines blowing up would draw their notice. Also if we can strike at one of the crosses long range that would be good.
  4. Rest of assult team. Either on another earther Hovertruck, or depending on which leyas we take down.

I do have one other question, can anyone think of a way without leyas to clear a section of the mind field?

"

(OCC couldn’t resist the line)

Ka’Mag scratched his head in thought.

“I will volunteer to help commandeer a vehicle, which will probably only take two or three able gogs. The rest of my unit can easily handle the primary assault. There are 25 of my men, so if we can get them in past the mines, I am positive victory will be assured. If we cannot use leyas to clear the mines, there are more menial methods to do this. As far as I know, any weight or motion will set them off, so a rock or such thing could be tossed ahead to perhaps clear a section. I mean it isn’t flawless, but it doesn’t require leyas.”

Olav nodded. " I can see why you would want us. I would take about two of my gogs, along with myself, and take care of one of those crosses." He pointed at Rhug’ab. “I suggest placing a bag of explosives near the cross selected, and shooting it. It doesn’t even need to be secured, just near it. Then Rhug’ab here can make it explode from a distance.” He tilted his head, pulling his cigar from his mouth. “I could use some cover afterword though; Ka’Mag, could you come with me and my gogs?”
He made a general motion outside the bunker. “The rest of my gogs will work on disabling the tank and those near it. A little damage isn’t too much of a problem, I can fix it.”

(OOC noting that this mission due date is tomorrow. Same with the siege.)

Tor’ab says "Ok. I’ll take out a cross from range with Lalon. We will try something with his Light Leyas to take out the cross. Maybe even some land mines. I’ll have a few gogs from cover throw some rocks into the mine field to start the distraction too. Once the Earth or Shadow Cross is brought down. We’ll either Shadow walk across, or I’ll have my Auf Apprentice use earth Leyas to shift the ground either moving the mines away or setting them off. This will clear the way for the main force to cross mine field or allow us transport across.

Until the way is clear keep clearing crosses. Even the one not artificed. It could just be concealed.

One other note, I’ll have a few skimmers on standby if we manage to knock out the Air leyas cross to back us up.
"

Ol’na spoke up again, “There is another question, I believe; Lately our elders have been teaching us to show mercy to our enemies, to show that we are the better beings. Will we persue these ideas of mercy or not?”

(OOC: Not sure if it was understood earlier, but what I was trying to say (but forgot to clarify OOC) was that we placed a shadow cacoon on the underside of an earth truck and hid inside it until we were in the base. Which also raises the question; Does a shadow ward disperse an already created shadow cacoon?
Also, I don’t think Molf has any sticky mines.)

Ka’Mag scoffed.

"Mercy? Do you see what they are doing to those people? YOUR people are being crucified and mutilated, and will surely die slowly and painfully if we do not save them. While I agree we should not lower ourselves to their standards, let us worry simply about taking the camp before we pity them too much. Now, I think that the plan thus far is sound, whether or not we use a shadow cocoon can be decided in a moment. The basics of this appears to be that Olav, Rhug’ab and I will hitch a ride on a transport vehicle. The rest of my group will handle being the…shield of sorts and will throw rocks and such onto the minefield and march towards the camp. The question is, do the Vampyrs still want to infiltrate the camp? Also, Tor’ab, would you also like to commandeer another vehicle in case we are not enough?