Tor'ab requests for help to support Thomasville Siege

After the rescue of the POWs from the camp. Tor’ab tries to round up the groups who assisted in the mission to see if there was anything they could do for the Olgogs stuck at the Thomasville siege.

He will say "Olgogs are fighting against the church at thomasville. We have some of our tribe who stayed there to make sure the Church was focused there and not on the POW camp. Allowing us to rescue the gogs there.

I would like to see if there is anything we can do to support them, or at least a way to break the siege around them.

Are any of you willing, and do you have any suggestions?

They will build some tunnels farther out, one option might be to dig tunnels ourselves and meet them with supplies and any willing reenforcements.
"

Eru’Khaz, who had come alone from his tribe to the call of Tor’ab, raised an eyebrow.

“Hardly the most damaging weapon in our arsenal. Would it not be more effective to collapse the ground beneath them? Supplies and reinforcements are all very well, but there is only so much they will do against a heavily armed and determined enemy. If the were to detect our tunnels, they would surely bring them down on our heads, or worse, use them to enter the city. Also, if they have any kind of warding up, we would be trapped without our most powerful weapon. I say we lead an attack around the back of their army, where it is weaker and less prepared. If we successfully flank them, we may be able to route them into the rest of our forces, and together destroy them. We should get some aerial support in as well, why not deploy some of those skimmers we have been building?”

Tor’ab smiles "If I can get more support and enough gogs, we can field all of the skimmers and fighters. In fact, I have already made a trip to the Caves to have them sent up here. This week we have 4 Lur Union Fighters that hold 2 crew and 8 gogs to deploy each, 5 Lur union Skimmers that holds 3 crew each. That is a good force. And the Air support would be invaluable. If either Or’Lur or Ol’Lur join us, they can send there skimmers and fighters as well. I hope they do.

The enemy has a great number and those @#$@# crosses that act as wards. 2 of those wards would need to be destroyed tod fully use the Fighters and skimmers. But our advantage is they will not expect us to have this air power. And we only get to use this advantage once.

If we can get enough support, I will gladly use these, but I don’t want to waste the surprise. If we can salvage the army at Thomasville, the safety of all tribes will be protected for longers.

Eru’Khaz, how many from Kolgul will join us?
"

(OOC on a note, since Kolgul is looking to join, I just added the Lur Union skimmer/fighter numbers to my totals above.)

Eru’Khaz leaned back, seeming to ponder something.

“Kolgol has made me the land commander for a section of our forces. This would consist mainly of the gogs we fought with at Thomasville Station. Ten youths, and Ten experienced Ur’Tor fighters. I may be able to convince him to part with a Balgog as well. They are practically his children, but he will see the need. However, if we do bring one, it will require my complete concentration to control, so we must decide on how I can avoid being attacked while I am focused. It would be unfortunate if I was to lose my concentration, something…adverse may happen. In any case, you may count on I, and twenty fighters of the obsidian legion to come to your aid in addition to the two skimmers we have in our fleet.”

Tor’ab smiled and said "This is a good start. Your forces will help make this happen. We just need some more to join to this. I will have my forces split a bit as Auf Lalog’na has some of my forces in the fort and will be working from within. But I should have, myself, an Apprentice Auf and around 30 gogs. 3 of them will be summoners. And of course Auf Lalog’na has 5 Ur Tors inside the siege base. They have been very busy protecting the GNA fort.

Just so your aware, we do have some additional tricks too. Both Auf Lalog’na and myself can teleport through the shadows. We have both been to each others bases. This meeting spot was a preplanned spot where we meet up. I mention this because it is possible for us to get messages home for things to arrive with the Lur Union Fighters.

I believe Auf Lalog’na will be working on creating some instability in the earth below the Churches lines. But this will have to be far below due to the wards that the church is using.
"

(OCC the force break down (for my records) is 10 Tribesmen, 5 Ur Rhug, 3 Ur Mak Summoners, 5 Ur Tor, 1 Apprentice Auf, 4 ex FKM, 3 Goblin Vandals, and 2 Ur Kug.)

navigator Turing strode forward. “I have 13 in my number right now. Myself, 4 humans, 5 bruskti vampyrs, and 3 vampyrs we liberated.” he nodded toward the 3 new editions. They wore hasitly stitched nightmare hide armor and wielded crudely made bone knives.

“We are the three knives.” One said in a hushed tone. “The fools of one captured us as we were interogating a would be paladin.” His eyes seemed to gleam with delight at the memory of the interrogations. “Release us on the church of scum and we will make the night echo with their screams.” He said in a hoarse whisper.

Navigator Turin nodded suddenly worried about the monsters they released. “I will call on the rest of the family if the plan is solid.” He noted running a hand through his white hair.

(OOC: 20x vampyrs, 7x ur rhug, 3x vampyr skinners, 5x pyro vampyrs, 2x kgm sniper team)

Tor’ab says "The plan is risky, but with big reward. I’m hoping to get more gogs to make it more effective. But some parts might be cool. How do you feel about flying?

The general plan is to use our skimmers and Lur Union Fighters in the dark to come up from behind and attack their rear flank. First aiming for 2 things. One any of those blasted Crosses with those wards, shooting down their air power, and disabling any Earther vehicals that can shoot flying things. Hopefully they will not expect a good number of our vehicles to be flying high in the air, and we can take them by surprise. We have not used these before, and the Church always thinks the less of us.

On each of these fighters is a Leyas Gernade Launcher that acts as a sticky mine. So hoping to just turn off their flying machines and let them crash to the ground. Their second weapon is a double fireball launcher. They also can carry other 6 gogs who can use these Saftey belts to jump out and float down to the ground. And attack their positions. I personally have 4 of these Fighters and 5 skimmers coming our way soon.

Others will use the Lur union skimmers to attack from the ground aiming to take out these things too.

Any other air power would be very helpful. Any any non Leyas attack to destroy any Cross wards too. As for how each tribe deploys in specifics, I’m open to more ideas.

Inside the base, I’m hoping they can take out something too. There is over 400 gogs inside their fort."

Ol’na entered, out of breath. He took a moment to breathe and listen to what the others were saying. When he could manage, he said, “I’m here representing the Ol’Lur tribe.” Ol’na nodded at Eru’Khaz, recognizing him from the prison rescue. “My Chieftain sent me to inform that 10 of our tribe including myself, have volunteered to help. I was told to say that he has given permission to use something called a Balgog, if Ka’Rhug also consented.” He said looking at the gog of Ka’Rhug. "We’d send them in our Union Fighter (and skimmer if necessary). “Finally, my Auf said that he would send our tribe’s Ontor Wing to aid in the sky.”

(OOC: With 2+ members of the Lur Union we can also send the Union’s Ontor Wings or Trained Yadols. See Animal Pens thread. My tribe can supply 9 standard tribals, Ol’na, 1 Union Fighter, special 20-balgog unit (If Kolgol agrees), (possible skimmers, whatever is necessary to get the tribals there).

Eru’Khaz looked solemnly at the newcomer. He was surprised they wanted to use the legion, but he reluctantly agreed. He gave a simple nod in response.

Turin stroked his chin deep in thought. He turned to one of the Olgog Vampyrs. “I thought you said the airship was intregral in saving that leader who taught Mag’oz to care?” he said questioningly.

The Vampyr nodded, “We did, da bruskti descend like da night.”

Turin nodded, “And your son, he has nightmares of what he witnessed at the oasis right?”

“He was aboard da Kalok fraytur when they gassed the two armies and poisoned the land.” The vampyr said pausing, “The same battle the metal giant used da cannon that turn night to day on the kalok.”

Turin shook his head, “No disrespect Tor’ab but even though the Lur may not have used airships against the church the Bruskti have, successfully, multiple times. Why would the church not expect the tribes to try the same now with the GNA between a rock and a hard place?”

Tor’ab says with a smile "We don’t really know how effective they will be, but our fighters are different from the other Airships of the gogs. Most gog ships are built link ships for the water, they just fly in the air. Our ships were built for the sole purpose of combat. We have the special shielding that allows us to wrap leyas shields around each Skimmer and Fighter. Right now I’m expecting us to use Ice Shield, Wind Shield, and Chill Shield. They have 2 weapon systems right now. One to disable their vehicles, which is very bad for a flying craft, the second is a powerful fireball attack. In a few weeks, we’ll add the last weapon system which will be a high powered Laser. Also, we have these Safety belts that allow us to drop troops from the air.

Which brings me to part of my plan. I would like to load up the Ballgogs into each of the fighters, and drop them where they are needed. I think 4 in each of the 5 Lur Union Fighters. That would leave for 2 other gogs on each of the fighters. The rest will have to be transported on the Skimmers or other methods.

I believe our first goal should be to disable any Anti Air and Aircraft in the area. This will be the most dangerous part of this. I’m hoping the ground forces already there will have taken care of some of these Anti Air defences. Once we have control of the air, we can start attacking the ground fortications. For this I would like to concentrate on the Ring that is preventing the GNA from Leaving. If we can take care of the Churches Artillery, Aircraft, and break any part of the out ring, we will give the GNA options, even if we pull out without fully defeating the Church of One’s army.

This is not a suicide run, so if we have to pull out lets make sure we can pull out any gogs we need to, or that they can make it to the GNA fortifications if we start getting pushed.

Turin, will you be bringing any airships to this battle?

Ol’na frowned at that. “You’re right. We cannot underestimate them. They learn from our strategies and develop their own to counter. My Chieftain believes that the Balgogs will be an unexpected offensive. Perhaps if they were to attack separately in a way that lead the Oners to believe they are not connected with us gogs, they might not expect them during a gog attack.” he tried. He knew the chances of his wishful thinking were slim, but it was worth suggesting. “Would the Oners be expecting wings of Ontors to attack them? We have them available as well.”

He scowled as he stood quietly in thought, then lit up, “I forgot; in addition to my tribe brothers, Tor’Lur, the Tor’og of my tribe, spoke to me before I left. He said that he’d lend aid against the Church for putting him in their death camp. I’m sure he would gladly enter a warded area and eliminate it the ward. I heard from new members of Ol’Lur that saw him fight at Thomasville before the gogs were captured and sent to the deathcamp. They said he charged in alone to aid members of Or’Lur.” Ol’na spoke with an admiring look. It was clear that the young gog looked up to the Tor’og.

(OOC: 100th post! Yeah! ---- Anyway, I can send in my Tor’og to take out wards like at the prison. I dont know if the Balgogs will be able to function if theyre near wards, but the wards wint affect Ontors, so those are still available for use.)

(On the eve of leaving, a set of Skimmers arrive and the Lur Union Fighters land near the bunker. Then camo coverings are set to cover the vehicles.)

All of a sudden outside there was some noise. Then Auf Lalyan enters the Bunker beaming with a smile. Lalyan says "I have some good news. First I have brought the Fighters and Skimmers you requested Tor’ab along with the additional tribesmen. I also brought Protodoxa along. He is somewheres around here. He will be going with us.

Oh yeah, I’m going too. I asked for help from the Thundergods. I asked for them to remove the elemental wards at thomasville during the battle. And they agreed. I heard this through Kincaid. Though there is a group of kids on their way to attack the GNA position. We must save/capture or resurrect any of the children we can. Kincaid was very concerned about this, as was I.

I doubt this direct help will happen again, so we must make use of this. How are you doing on the forces here?"

Tor’ab responded “We are getting there, we were talking about what todo with the wards. I think we should have a backup plan on that, but if you believe the wards will be gone, I will accept that. If you are going, we will have to leave Ogor with the tips of fingers to bring gogs back if needed. What do the rest of you think?”

(OCC Narrator, I have brought Protodoxa to the staging area. enter into any conversation here if you like :slight_smile: )

Turin shook his head. The assurances of Gor’ab weren’t enough for him to join the air assault. the defenders would see the airship flotilla and focus on them. “No we will attack on the ground in support of your air assault. We will come in force, attempt to disrupt their supply lines, assassinate their leadership, and draw away the rear guard. Its all we can do to aid the trapped army.”

Tor’ab says "I understand. We are not going to win this entire battle with out small force. I’m truly hoping to take out the Artillery, hovercopters, and ground vehicles to even the odds. And I think we should all make sure to keep our engagement to a level where we can withdraw if needed. We do not need to get more gogs trapped by the church.

But this should give the GNA a better chance to survive. Maybe they will win, maybe they will follow the tunnels one of my tribes Auf built and retreat. I’m good with either of those 2 options. I just wish stop the GNA from being wiped out. I also don’t want the church to prove that they can do that at any time they want and act on that idea."

Turin nodded, “Agreed. The churches army can’t be allowed to crush the great northern army. I hope they use our diversion to retreat. We will give them hell.”

((OOC: Do you want me to start the posting. I don’t know how much more planning we can do))

(OCC : All feel free to post, I will most likely tonight too. )

Tor’ab will ask “Since the wards should be done with, will you still send your ballgogs in the fighters?”

(OOC I need to know for my post.)

(Vampyr ground assault posted)

Eru’Khaz nodded. “Aye, I will lead the Obsidian legion into battle, complete with our host of Balgogs. You may count on our support. Ol’na, tell your masters I shall handle control of the Balgogs myself, freeing the Auf do as he wishes.”