Time Shredders GL3 Pregame Week 1: The Final Death of Armenius

Alternate Timeline: FSA Future
Planet: Earth, Location: PCC, The Largest Prison on Earth

In this timeline, he was called Jewish Magic, an ersatz superhero, a time traveler, a man who had fought against the Roman Legion, the Nazis and the Iron Republic. A 1930s style fedora graced his head, and he wore a matching suit that would have not looked out of place in a high end speakeasy. He tapped the expensive looking watch on his wrist and a tommy gun materialized in his hands. He turned and took a few pot shots at that which pursued them.
At his side was the brilliant if misunderstood caveman they all called Boulder. Despite his rather muscular form and heavy brows, Boulder was an educated scholar of history. Having started his life as a Cave Shaman rolling bones to divine the will of the great spirit, Boulder looked at much of human history as his own future. His own run-in with advanced technology had downloaded a sophisticated database of historical data.
Historical data that showed this utopian society was a culmination of human success. A future where the Iron Republic had been defeated in its infancy. It was a future where the Earth Authority never fell and the planet Refuge was nothing more than a site of four dome colonies and a glacial research station studying the Leyas radiation.
Earth was a place of superpowers as expanded awareness and training allowed countless heroes to unlock their own metaphysical talents. A future where crime was stopped on a daily basis by the Federal Superhero Agency.
And everytime the FSA caught another criminal who displayed their own superpowers they were taken here, to the Primary Processing Center. In the depths of the PPC every nasty and dastardly villain was kept in stasis, intravenously fed, and kept unconscious. Or so Jewish Magic, Boulder and their team of time travelers had been told when they arrived at this beautiful utopian society.
But now in the heights of the PPC’s Administrative tower, they had learned the truth.
And it still made their skin crawl and their pace quicken.
The pair turned a corner and saw their entire team bent over Armenius their erstwhile leader. The old white haired man looked pale, as he drifted at death’s door. He whispered at them, “I need my Time Shredder. Please…for once, time grows short for me. All of it, defeating the Iron Republic in the past, it was all a failure. Maverick was wrong…all along…”
They pressed the jeweled device into his age spotted hands. It was only at that moment that Boulder saw the grievous wounds that opened Armenius’ chest. Boulder was about to reach down, to try and heal the old man, when there was a flash of blue light.

Our Timeline
Planet: Mars, Location: Experimental Brethren Research Division 01

They found themselves in a classified bunker deep below the surface near the Iron Republic’s Alpha Dome on Mars. A bank of holographic screens displayed the statistics for a variety of experimental clones in tubes. Armenius lurched to his feet, pushing past them and began rapidly typing into the control console. He pressed the release on the tissue sampler and pressed it into his palm drawing a bit of blood. He wiped his bloody palm across his chin absentmindedly, leaving a red trail across his white bristled goatee.
He was feeling the darkness close in on him, but the last symbol winked into place showing the genetic information had been fully integrated. Armenius made a few small adjustments to the settings on his Time Shredder, going back to a place outside of time he had tried to avoid since his childhood.
He pressed the button, knowing what was growing in the tubes would do what he could not. They would protect the timeline, without regard for their own safely. They would eliminate threats without remorse, without guilt, without sorrow. And finally Armenius knew he could rest. All these centuries of traveling time had taught him one lesson. Time travel was only good for one thing. To get from point A to Point B, with enough time left over to make an important difference.
As he looked down at the gaping chest wound, filled with living flichettes of the broken claw of a dangerous alien, Armenius was happy to finally rest.

All Timelines
Dimension: The Crossroads, Location: The Temple of the Dark Ohms

As Armenius arrived at the Temple of the Dark Ohms, he looked off at the shifting and warping realities that came into and out of focus around the structure. Here was the crossroads between dimensions, older than time, and empty currently save for the Temple. This temple so modern in a place so old had been built for him, even though he didn’t know it at the time. A place where he could tie himself, protected and safe for his spirit to live on and teach those who would come to listen, come to learn.
With his last of many beloved teams of resistance members, Armenius staggered into center of the temple and began the ritual that would tie him here. As he did so, his companions noticed the ghostly images of other versions of Armenius arriving here, some with different companions, some less willing, some more willing. Many with the shadow of General Tharr overseeing the ritual. But all the ghostly images coalesced as multiple realities converged on a single fated outcome.
Armenius died his final death.
Outside on the crossroads stood Azrael the All knowing, the fallen Falosini sovereign. Finally the ancient being sighed, sad that so loving and good a soul had suffered as much as Armenius. Azrael could not help but suppose that Armenius’ personal hell was a road paved by good intentions, both the Time Traveler’s and his own.
The Falosini Sovereign lifted his living scythe and cut a passage away from the crossroads and this dark temple, but before he left he spoke to the swirling realities, “A brave one gave his life today to save all your realities. His sacrifices will have repercussions across all known worlds. You all know he had the kernel that if nurtured could have blossomed into an ascended being.”
A being of pure light stepped from the shifting realities and coalesced as Ceroj the Red, most militant of the Falosini Sovereigns. His six wings were outstretched across the sky, and his red cloak billowed in the windless air.
“You claim to speak for Ascended Beings,” roared Ceroj, “Perhaps you had forgotten we have cast you out.”
“One cannot be cast out, Brother Ceroj,” replied Azrael’s hollow whisper, “I promised a future where the Quall N’drone would no longer be a threat to the Falosini or any other sentient being. This is but the lynchpin. It will hold my plans together.”
“I should cut you down, and hurl your blasted body upon the Fortress of Ti’ar Ma’at so your corrupted Uth and Pelebor know their time is soon over,” said Ceroj angrily.
“If you continue down this path of racism and hatred, Brother Ceroj, you will descend in both form and in spirit,” said Azrael in warning, “The Dragon of Unity and Kalok the Volcano threaten all timelines. They have upset the balance of power between the Ascended and Descended Beings.
The four prime Ancient Evils are imprisoned by the Warmonger, and the fiendish are running amok across time and space. And you waste the efforts of the Armies of the Falosini on tormenting my already suffering Uthvelor and Pelebor, driving them from all habitable lands, forcing them to subsist on raiding and pillaging just to survive. They did not desire their place on the outskirts. And if you ever relented then the other Sovereigns would see reason. Racism and hatred is not the way of the Ascended.”
Ceroj prepared to strike, but held his hand saying, “The Lion of Death disagrees and I tend to listen to his reason over yours, Fallen one.”
“I am fallen in name alone, my spirit is as ascended as yours once was Ceroj,” said Azrael with gravity, “But beware the Lion of Death, he is no ascended being…he is something else. Remember when he lived a mortal life, he was once a servant of the Accuser and his soul still bears its taint. He does not want peace, Brother Ceroj. He wants to see the Falosini armies tear itself apart. Remember his love is for only the humans. He cares not for the Falosini, or our children.”
And Azrael stepped away through the dimensional gateway he had cut, closing it behind him and leaving Ceroj outside alone. The Red Sovereign sheathed his weapon, and looked out upon the Temple of the Dark Ohms wondering why the Ascended Beings had not simply destroyed it. But he could not muster the intolerance to shatter its majestic walls.
Instead his mind was drawn back to the strange allegations made by the Fallen Sovereign. Ceroj wondered, Could the Lion of Death really just be a human agent of the Ancient Evils?

Main timeline, Year 2219 AR (after refuge)
Planet: Refuge, Location: The High Inquisitor’s office, Dunesphere Colony

High Inquisitor Dalrick Vensi perused the latest reports from the lingering war against the Goblins of the Goblin Lands. He hated how successful the Goblins propaganda war had been. The other Earther Colonies were sending food and medical supplies down to the Olgog Refugees.
Even the faithful Lord Grimaldus and his storied family had ripped the lands of Absalom and Hebron from the hands of his righteous servants. Dalrick lifted up an Unen Cigar, enjoying the simple tobacco and urya blend grown by the simple green furs down south. As it smoked away, Dalrick adjusted a small censer shaped amulet that hung around his wrist from a rosary. Its artificed nature began to purify the air around him, so none would know of his “terrible little habit”.
The cigar was one of the many little sins he allowed himself in view of the Cardinals to make them feel they had him by the balls. They would never know of the artifacts at his disposal, they could not be trusted with information that potent. But Dalrick had been High Inquisitor through the Apostasy of the Dragonsbane Patriarch, the Heresy of the Accuser, and rebuilt his position and his Inquisition despite the odds.
He knew the will of the colonies was malleable. And first he had to secure his own rogue elements before turning outward to ally with the Cardinals in declaring a full invasion of the Goblin Lands.
He flipped a page, and saw a map spill out and slide across the table. On it in bloody red was a set of markings. Dalrick flipped over the map and read the scrawled script of an Earther who remembered the ways of old Earth.
“Vensi,
Your Inquisitor Mortis Leonin is now posing a danger to my operations. I would ask you to pull back that mad dog. Did you know he has unlocked Technomancy and Annihilation? He is a threat and if I had my old resources a Wraith kill team would be pumping his corpse full of zela metal. He has proven surprisingly resourceful.
He beat one of my teams to the site of a crashed K’ias Ziggurat. It was carrying a vital cargo. A prototype portable time travel device called a Time Shredder. I believe that Mortis Leonin has stolen this device and plans to activate it.
I will be hiring some people, and you should hire some local talent as well. We need Mortis taken alive and that Time Shredder destroyed. Mark my words, you mad old Oner, no good comes from Time Travel.
Here are his expected coordinates. Do what you must, even if it means deploying some more radical assets.
The O V C”
Dalrick knew the penmanship of the Old Vlad. He had worked with the old Spymaster enough to know they both agreed passionately that Earthers should be supreme over other species. Which made the next piece of paper in the folder even more surprising. It was the ripped page from a journal.
On a simple scrawl of the Old VLAD it said, “Read this and try and explain how this is a good idea.”
And in a very different scrawl, that Dalrick recognized as hand of Mortis Leonin had written, “I simply know that I must be first to collect the Time Shredder. I understand its use better than any living person. If the Old VLAD gains it he will use it to reassert his dominance over the Earther Colonies. Unacceptable considering his alliances with the Krato and Uthvelor and other alien menaces.
My only choice then is to go back in time. To make sure that the humans maintain their dominance over all other species I must go back to the height of the Goblin Genocide. I must eliminate the Terror of Dunesphere before he sups from the Blood Cup. I must kill him before he undermines our government and causes our leadership to turn to infighting. I must kill him before he faces off against the Bishop Kasanth and Pope Cristos Dugari. Before he severs the hand of Kasanth and before he wounds the heart of Cristos. Before he thwarts the second rise of the true liberator Glomhammer, and before he leads the Earthers into the dark embrace of the Vampire Lord who rules them.
I will assassinate the Terror and any who are with him.
And then I will create a timeline where a triumphant Dunesphere will crush the Goblin uprisings and consolidate Brez, Karov and Port Unen into the jewel of the church of one. And I will be ready for the civil war when it strikes the colonies. And I will lead the Paladins of Dunesphere north and claim every inch of land from here to the Northern Kingdoms in the name of the Church of One and Humanity.”
Dalrick’s jaw went slack. Leonin had drank too much of the damn kool-aid, and literally believed the ignorance they were using to control the populace. Dalrick knew it happened often enough among the Paladins, but an Inquisitor was trained in the truth, and knew the whole Human centric elements of their faith had been granted by an alien seeking to use the humans against other aliens. He was supposed to be above this.
But Mortis had been going slowly mad since he visited the cursed ruins all those centuries ago, Dalrick supposed.
The High Inquisitor of Dunesphere lifted up a telephone and placed an encrypted call to his Inquisitors undercover in Absalom and Hebron. Within hours runners were moving across the Goblin Lands posting flyers for a job that involved some very interesting parameters.

Mission plans:
Every character has individually received a letter from an interested collector in Absalom seeking to capture a thief and the jeweled amulet he carried. Pictures of the thief labelled Mortis Leonin, and the amulet labelled destroy on sight and bring back the component parts.
They are also given a date and time and location. The location is an old Farmhouse on the outskirts of the Tower of Resugent. Any character who joins this mission will arrive at the farmhouse in time to be engulfed in a flash of blue light. (Player actions begin after this point)
After the flash they would find themselves on the streets of Dunesphere in an unknown age. Of course since its Dunesphere you will need a way of dodging Paladins and Witchhunters.

The player must accomplish 3 tasks with their post.
A) How do they hide their presence from the Church of One Paladins and Witchfinders?
B) How does your character track Mortis Leonid?
C) Once you catch up with him you will get one attack with your favorite weapon of choice? (or attack of choice). What is the first attack you would choose to use?

Mission Rules
No player may act in response to the actions posted by another player in this thread, unless they have previously discussed a plan for this mission in a separate thread they choose to create in the forums.

For planning purposes act as though you find Leonin in the barn in your present, no plans should take into account time travel except those by Maverick Multimancer, Kincaid, Unity Prime, Khalid Phoenixkiller, and Azrael.

Each account may only send a single character on this mission unless otherwise granted by a GL2 mission reward.

A posts should be under two paragraphs in length.

This mission ends at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on Friday 31 July.

For Lalon:
Lalon thought that there was always some crazy oner trying to kill all the Olgogs. This would be the same, he was sure.

When the flash of blue light receded he noticed he was in a street surrounded by earthers. This was never good. He shifted to the first possible shadow and then jumped farther away. Looking to get off street level. He needed to get a view of where he was.

To his horror, he was surrounded by oners. From this point on, noone could see him and he would have to conceal his power.

His target was still the original oner. Somehow he had to get that oners artifact and return them back to where they were before…. Lalon took out his sword with the edge cut by that blue demon. It should cut through anything.

To track the oner, Lalon would keep him in his senses (Shapeshifting leyas), and if the one went to where he could not, Lalon would summon a growling to follow him (being smaller, and shadow jumps with ease).

At a clear point, Lalon would stab out of a shadow into the targets back with this sword. And while in, drain the life out of him.

(OOC Once the sword is stabbing the oner, Vampiric Strike to drain the life force.)

Character:
Lalon ((Ur Tor Special) LR:5, Heal:2, Light: 3, Shadow:3, Air:3, Earth:3, Fire:3, Water:3, General:2, Shape:3, Summ:3) Adj: (Stealth 5, Rapid Throw +1)

Armorfiend Hide Vest, Ring of Healing (Cure Disease, Heal Internal Damage, Cure Poison (3 succ)), Ring of Tunneling, Camo Cloak (Wilderness Camo, Obscure), 4 healing potions, 4 rez potions, Goggles of Night sight

Weapons:
Phoenix Strike Pistol, Artifice Forked Krato spear with Shieldbreak, Solar Essence stud. Wave motion fist gloves. Unnamed Warsword cut by Demonsbane (6 Dmg Half AR, Lowers SAR/VAR 6).

(OOC of course the Lalon’s Hatred of so many oners would be a great time for those hell guns he was working on to show. But That thread wasn’t finished yet, so I didn’t use them.)

Daron found himself in need of another job. The Brez had been good to him, but he didn’t want to wear out his welcome.

Daron checked his gear and took to the sky closing his trench coat around him only allowing his wings to stick out. He activated the concealment to make him blend into the sky and flew towards this farm. Just as he found this oner in question, all he saw was blue, and then a metropolis.

He did not know where he was, so he flew higher. Making himself look smaller and smaller. Between this and the concealment, he hoped those on the ground would not see him. Especially since so few look up without reason.

As Daron focused his leyas, he would track the inquisitor through his enhanced Sight and leyas sight from the air. Waiting for his time to attack.

When the opportunity is there, he would take out his Hob Tor Axe and dive at this inquisitor belching a stream of acid down following with a strike of his Axe using the force of the dive to add.

If successful, he would grab what he needed and leap back into the air and away.

Character:
Daron ((B Dragon) LR:4, Heal:3, Light: 1, Shadow:2, Water:1, General:2, Shape:3) Adj: (Str +1)

Equipment:
Nightmare Hide Trenchcoat (artificed with Wilderness Camo), 2 Ear Rings (1st Life Shield/Obscure/ignore poison, 2nd Heal Internal 2 Succ), Warm aura necklace, Everlasting Waterskin and a shock stick (Pain dmg),

Weapons: Hob Tor Stone Axe ( Slung on Back), Razor Claw Guantlets (4 M + str dmg, +1 att)

Borvian Dragon Crystal (Grow Armor (6 Succ) + 12 AR to MME, Increase Str (12 Suc) + 6 Str, Animal Smell/Hearing (4 Succ), Grow Wings (4 Succ), Leyas Sight (4 Suc), Fireball II (4 Suc) 2D6 x3 Energy Dmg, Acid Cone (4 Suc) 1D8+2 Acid Cone

Khalid would secure for himself and Resugent the robes of the Pilgrims. That would make sure that both local Olgogs and local former Oners would probably ignore them and view them as the scenery.

He would approach on horseback until they got within sight of the farmhouse. Then Khalid would dismount and stealthily make his way to the rear of the farmhouse.
He would wait for either Resugents call to arms or another sound of battle to leap through a rear window or door. His flamethrower would be focused on Leonin if he saw him. He would start by breaking any shield the rogue Inquisitor is using.
If they failed in catching Leonin and had to track Leonin, he would use Leyas sight to follow Leonin’s artifacts. Hopefully Resugent could get them out of any Church of One entanglements.

On his first attack, if he sees the amulet they are supposed to recover, Khalid will use his grappler gauntlet to pull it from Leonin’s hands. He will do anything in his power to keep it away from any threat, so that Leonin is trapped and can be taken into custody by Resugent.

Lorne had been laying low for some time now, only doing the odd job for others as necessary as he traveled the Goblin Lands, but the pitiful goods bartering for menial tasks really didn’t strike his fancy as much as a nice sum of ghaz, therefore upon receiving a contract from an anonymous collector, he was quite willing to participate in the undertaking.

He’d make his way to the farmhouse cautiously, using (shadow walk) and (become a shadow) to evade detection. He’d then seek a hidden place in the barn to stalk the inquisitor that was his quarry, perhaps a hayloft or other such out-of-the-way hiding place. Knowing this was an inquisitor, he’d favor caution to risk, and would strike from above when possible.

Upon the blue flash of light carrying him to far away Dunesphere, his gameplan would change slightly. While he was not particularly worried about the paladins, as he was a human after all, a witch hunter might notice something amiss about him. Therefore he’d keep out of the way and use his shadow leyas to stay out of the center of attention. He would track his target by combining (leyas sight) and (see tracks) to follow the inquisitor.

Depending on whether someone else had gotten there first or not, he would act differently. If a fight had already broken out, he’d leap into the fray with blade and leyas to assist anyone who seemed to be attacking Leonin. If surprise was still an option, he’d reach out of Leonin’s shadow and try to pickpocket the amulet from him. Failing this, he would then jump out of his shadow and hamstring the inquisitor with his sword, hopefully disabling the man long enough for Lorne to find the object in question.

Relevant stats and equipment:

-Plate mail (Quite tarnished and dusty at this point)
-Heavy Traveler’s cloak
-Hand and a Half Sword (Artificed with Shield Breaker at 3 suc and Death Blast at 2)

LR 5 Adept, Shadow lvl 5, Earth lvl 2, General lvl 2

-Stealth lvl 5

For Hekeriki:

Spending weeks or months rebuilding a base of operations was not fun for egghead Hekeriki of the Luck Fate Squad. She wished something would happen… except for a robot winged unicorn with green skin and a blue mane carrying a dead body of an Earther with his brains gone. Anything but that and that did happen. The creature not from these parts was bad news as she acted the part of the exposition fairy. Mortis Leonin and his “amulet” were the target. After the creature left, Hekeriki told the rest crew what happen. It wasn’t the weirdest thing that happen to them and this wasn’t the first time they meet the creature. Seemed legit. Anyhow, Hekeriki left on her “Excellent Journey”. She was sort-of an adult Olgog who could handle herself. She has a backpack of her stuff… she’ll be okish.

“How do they hide their presence from the Church of One Paladins and Witchfinders?”
Hekeriki wears her Earther hooded mask peasant outfit with matching rag gloves (Fashion 3) because the magical girl outfit would stick out and Olgog gang flack vest is just asking to get a murdering. She doesn’t speak unless spoken to and minds her own business around the non-party members (Acting 3, Etiquette 3). Even if all hell breaks out.
“How does your character track Mortis Leonid?”
Depending on who or what shows up, she suggests that “…we ask where he is because we have a air quote package end air quote for him or something…” and “Lets have the most Earther looking person do it with the best social skills.” (Int 6, Cha 6 herself if no ones steps up) If there is a better suggestion, she go with that.
“Once you catch up with him you will get one attack with your favorite weapon of choice? (or attack of choice). What is the first attack you would choose to use?”
She starts summoning as many Ku’elos the “poop monkeys” (Summon 3, LR 3, Cha 6) as she can to cause havoc and steal the “amulet”. The havoc will be such as throwing poop at the non-party bad guys, jumping on them and pecking them at “places”, disarming/misfiring/ weapons, and other funny but horrible things.

Spear OtO will be sent.

Knowing that it will be church of oners around, the standard power armour is going to be painted to look like oner power armour. With the knowledge, it would be someone in the inquisition (Old Vlads database should be able to provide this information) of mid to high rank. A rank that is above 90% of the population, but common enough to not cause a stir.

The plan is simple, to go in the local magistrate, issue an arrest warrent and have him brought before OtO. When Mortis is brough in, he will be stripped naked, all his belongings confiscated, and thrown in jail. At this point, Spear OtO will identify something as heratical, and leave to “bring back more inquisitors” while making his way to the escape/return point.

Someone requesting to steal something? It must be valuable, therefore it should belong to kasanth.

Ryuk sends a sanguine lord to go collect this particular item. The plan is simple, to use an artifact (gotten from Ryuk’s stash/Ryuk’s black market) or technomancy to disguise and obscure himself. He will create a eye spy, which will fly up and identify where Mortis Leonin is (if it has to do building based search, multiple will be created to speed up the search).

When found, the Sanguine lord will go and meet Mortis Leonin and lure him into a dark alley. He will then disassemble him with technomancy, take his stuff and assume his likeness and role until he can make an escape.

If successful taking Mortis Leonin’s and he is attacked, he will take the artifact, transform into a clockwork angel, fly into the air, and proclaim “There are heretics killing the faithful, praise be those who defend their honor! May Mortis Leonin find peace is his eternal rest”. Then the sanguine lord would fly into the sun to make his escape.

Scribe had been getting restless since the new residents to the city came from the colonies. After reading the letter he grabbed his markers, two Bandoliers that were empty, his wooden Fire Sword artifact and silver Fire Buckler bracelet, and three of his silver bars.

His plan was to craft a cloth mask that will purify the air (Purify Air, Air lvl 1) and once he had the thief in sight to draw a rune to fill the space with knockout gas (Air lvl 2) to capture the thief and take the amulet and study it.

To hide the fact that he is not Human, Scribe will keep his sunglasses on at all time and not activate any of his artifacts, while also using his small size to hide in small. hard to reach places.

The letter had been addressed to the militia but it was decided Kulal was just the olgog for the job. He was to secure the amulet for the militia, everyone assumed the letter was a powerful artifact, why else destroy it and lower its value?

He would go alone. To avoid the paladins he would create hordes of nightmares as a distraction to get and drain a few squires. The discovery of the vampiric squires would cause the inquisition to turn on their own ranks. The nightmares and flesh worms would keep the paladins too occupied to chase every shadow, including his.

Kulal would track Mortis Leonin first via track earth and then once he caught the scent of his blood and knew the beat of his heart he would be follow him by those. Kulal had no fear of the sun thanks to the powerful djinni artifact he wore around his neck. His cold body had no need for rest.

He would attack single targets with his vampiric bone glaive, groups with a vampiric blast from the djinni artifact.

Having gained the trust of his handler, Kolgol decided to assist the mission to capture Leonin and secure an amulet, hopefully gaining a little more autonomy in exchange.

He’d not mince about with stealth or any such activities, these were never his strong point anyhow. He’d observe the farmhouse from a distance simply to evaluate it’s defenses, and would then proceed to (fire leap) quickly towards the structure. He’d then use (Fireball II) to set the roof of the building ablaze in two places, hopefully sending the occupants out into plain view, where he’d engage them with battle axe and fire leyas.

When the flash of blue light occurs, he’d immediately get into a secluded location. Knowing he’d be easily targeted due to his appearance, he’d snatch some clothing, whether from a building or a down on their luck earther, and disguise himself with plenty of coverings. He’d then track the inquisitor and try and get as close as he could. He’d then summon a (fire wall), blocking the inquisitor’s escape, and would attack the inquisitor with (melt metal greater), disabling his armor and hopefully further slowing his escape.

armor and weapons

-Blessed bone & hides
-steel battleaxe (Melt metal 4 suc, Fireball 2 suc)

relevant leyas and stats

tracking lvl 3

LR 5 (Adept), Fire lvl 5

John stood on the sleek silver Unity skiff. Once again, he went over the assignment from Prime, and considered the implications of being given this request. He had kept the peace on the Planet “Thirteen Pillars” for years, ending hundreds of conflicts without testing the sacred Builder cognitive limiters. Was it his perspective?

The skiff stealthily streaked to Refuge. When it got into range, John quickly moved through the opening in Space-Time created by the reality drill. The portal closed behind him, and he was on Refuge. He knew that he had to move quickly, for the sake of all.

A) How do they hide their presence from the Church of One Paladins and Witchfinders?

John will hide his builder nature simply; by keeping his nanite load at lower levels than normal, he can pass as an Earther. He is already quite familiar with Refuge theology, and would have little trouble posing as a member of the populace.

B) How does your character track Mortis Leonid?

John can easily make a network of spy-nanites, and uses them to gather information quickly over a large area by providing him video and access to any hackable systems. He couples this with good old-fashioned person to person investigation. Speaking as someone looking for the wayward son of an old friend of Mortis’s description. As John approaches his target, he will also be on the lookout for others who seem to be hunting for Mortis Leonid. If the need arises, he will attempt to make contact with them if the opportunity or need arises.

C) Once you catch up with him you will get one attack with your favorite weapon of choice? (or attack of choice). What is the first attack you would choose to use?

John-12 is a Builder peacekeeper, but there is some leeway in the old codes.

Non-linear threat vectors are the most efficient. If possible, John will attempt to get to Mortis when he is off-guard. He will use delicate matter-threats to sneak the amulet away from Mortis and replace it with a fabricated replica which, thanks to John’s limited Leyas arts, projects a similar aura as the object he intents to retrieve. It an attack is absolutely necessary, John will regretfully launch multiple mark-3 Restrainer drones hidden on his person at him. Once Mortis is secured and subdued by the thin silver cords and zela-alloy needles, John will quickly retreat with the amulet and his prey.

Rhug’ab came prepared, or at least he thought he had. He brought along a silenced rifle, his hell-forged sub-machine gun, his knife and one of the more disguising outfits he had, which had a large hat and material to cover the sides of his face. He had the emblem of the Rhug’na’ru on his shoulder, but the patch came off easily enough in case what he had to do would not be appreciated by others in the goblin lands. He had to cover his tracks if any problems occurred, lest the Rhug’na’ru once again join the losing side of a battle.

He hadn’t been exactly sure what the Captain had meant by “Go there, get the Earther’s amulet.” But whatever it was, he wanted it done under the radar. He had even given him a simple wooden mask that would hopefully give him a more default look, being painted grey with no distinguishing features. If worse came to worse, he had an emergency radio that would summon one of their zeppelins to his location, but evac was not a guarantee. Nonetheless, Rhug’ab was a good pick of an undercover mission. When you’re mute and an immutable, not much can get information out of you and hiding is easy enough. The only thing on him besides the weapons and radio, were the picture of his target, the photo of the amulet and the location he was to go to.

After the flash of blue light, Rhug’ab would pull off his patch, tucking it into the folds of his jacket. He would try to go after the Earther, while sticking out of sight. As best he can, at any rate. If he managed to get close to the target, he would use his silenced rifle to render him unable to move with a shot to both his legs and through the chest. If he somehow managed to get the amulet, he would attempt to get out of the city and use his emergency radio (Which, OOC, doesn’t make sense, but Rhug’ab would not know about the time travel). The only difficult part would be to track him, but that would be easy enough if there were others to follow as well, to use to home in on the target. If there weren’t, he would simply try to stay out of sight until he found a way out of this mess.

(My power went out around seven thirty and just came back, sorry for the later post)

Tyrone[sp?] (Uhryu that was with witch gogkiller) will be sent on behest of Bill,he is one of the few of the gogs that was experienced with travel to unknown places. While not focused on stealing, he was there to see who was interfering inside the goblinlands. As Bill noted, experience says that when things like this happen, bad things happen to the people in the goblinlands.

Being a desert traveler, he would wear multiple layers to disguise his shape and cover his face from the wind. He would walk in shaded areas, as if he was someone that traveled deserts. If he came across the target, he would act as a beggar/poor person asking for alms for the poor. In this moment, he would make the decision on whether he should take the item, as Bill only provided the information and asked him to investigate.

Ser Resugent trotted along side Khalid in their Pilgrim robes until they approached the designated location. Then Khalid split off and headed to the rear of the Farmhouse to do his part in the pincer attack. Resugent demanded to go in through the front while Khalid went in the back, his honor would demand no less. However he wasn’t going to just charge in like a fool, he would keep his head down under his hood and slowly approach the door. He would knock to get the attention of those inside while speaking prayers. He would offer to bless the house to keep evil spirits away. If Leonin answered the door Resugent would channel his healing leyas to overload Leonin’s nerves and try to get him to collapse in pain. If that didn’t work more direct methods might be used, he had his sword after all. He hoped that Khalid would pay attention to the leyas use or the noise to signal his attack.
If Leonin sees through his attempts Resugent would dive backwards trying to keep Leonin’s attention on him so Khalid can attack unhindered. He will then join the attack to capture the rogue Inquisitor.
If Leonin escapes or drives them back he will trust Khalid’s tracking skills as Resugent is just an old soldier and not a tracker.

(Got out of work a little while ago, Narrator said it was alight)

Edit: Section 2 (with Narrator’s approval)
As this was happening no one noticed a stealth AAV land behind the Farmhouse, quietly emerging from it was Red Bishop Jamie, Engineer Huang Shi, Dr. Azai Yukimura and Dr. Leonard Bones. They had received orders to apprehend the rogue Inquisitor Leonin and seize a particular artifact in his possession. As they disembarked they saw a figure climbing in through the back carrying a flamethrower.
Jamie motioned his team to move in behind the figure, going in through the rear was a good plan. They would move in and ambush the ambushers after they ambushed Leonin. The elimination of the Inquisitor and the acquisition of the amulet was their primary objective. They will approach and wait until others disable Leonin and move in to hit the winners and claim their prize.

(as to how they would move around Church of One lands…they are Church of One and Immutables, won’t be a problem)