The Ziggurat over Drewsport (TSGL3 Week 3+)

Tor’ab, Red Bishop Declaire and Naeil have been captured by Witch Gogkiller. They are currently on the top level of the Ziggurat, and held within a deadly annihilation forcefield. The Red Bishop lost a finger tip already testing the theory that his immutability would keep him safe.

[Currently only open to Lalder (Tor’ab), Declaire (Lord Grimaldus), and Naeil (Godart).]

Tor’ab looked around at his surroundings. He wanted to see what his cell was made of, using his leyas sight, seeing if they were completely surrounded by the forcefield, or if it didn’t run under the floor or over them in the ceiling. Tor’ab reached out to the leyas to see what he could access.

Naeil:

The large female olgog glares at the red bishop.

“You suck earther. Could you have least waited until we were done with the mission? Could you? Would you?”

Naeil looks for something to break off to use as a club from a bed post or pipe or something.

“Now we’re prisoners because you had to betray us right in the middle of things.”

She breaks something off with effort and puts it back in place for later.

“I get it that you are evil but doesn’t mean you have to be stupid,” she sighs.

Naeil turns to Tor’ab, “You’re that UTR gog… uhm… Tor’ab. I’m Naeil. Do you see something that can help?”

Tor’ab turns towards Naeil and says "I’m looking. I’m not very familiar with Annelation Leyas. All i know is if you meet someone who is, they are possibly insane and you want to avoid them either way.

Never can trust oners. While Lord G’s oners are better than most, there are still radicals and spies amongst their ranks. Those loyal to Siedermann are the worst of them. One oner order a similar attack on myself and our tribe once before at Jamestown while we were defending them. The ending result was Jamestown was destroyed by the warmonger forces.

Please watch him while I check out this leyas shield and cell."

Tor’ab will focus in on the leyas again.

(OOC I don’t have a clear picture of the cell, to see what we can do. hopefully the answers to Tor’abs observations above will help)

Red Bishop Declaire looked at his now slightly shorter finger, bothersome but not world ending. Turning toward Naeil he smiled “Was a good fight though? All those explosions, the carnage, man what a rush. Besides, those gunners of yours weren’t doing much against the undead. We probably would have been captured anyway, now we have front seats to the next batch of excitement. I am looking forward to our immediate future.”

Looking at Tor’ab “Annihilation leyas is bad stuff, you are right to be wary of anyone who uses it. You are a bit mistaken about Jamestown though. The Warmonger forces captured it, then there was a crazy Baribur who burned the place down though. Such a waste if you ask me, not that you would.”

Looking around Red Bishop Declaire tried to see if he saw any guards or anything that looked like a generator (not that he really expected to find one) “The key to this situation is try to find and kill the leader, they will be the one controlling the annihilation fields. Killing the rest of their crew is a good idea too, dead people have a hard time holding prisoners.”

Naeil: “Yeah good fight. Too bad we didn’t have any tanks because that would have made short work of them while we could pick off controllers. Tanks would have been helpful in supporting the UTR fightercraft and an artillery strider both loaded both for bear. Our combined firepower could have at least drove away the ziggurat. Oh wait… WE DID HAVE TANKS!”, she slaps her head.

Leaning down to Declaire “What a waste of effort on your part because these assholes saw an opening and took it. All because you had to have the bigger dick, you nihilist dick. You know what? Your suggestion to making these people dead and profiting from it by getting out of here stays my anger towards you. Though, we really try to pump our jailers for information.”

“Tor’ab and Dickhead (what’s your name?), is there any known counters to Annihilation? How about another type of leyas, zela or maybe the magic of friendship?”, Nail asks desperately.

As was said before they were on the top floor of a ziggurat, which meant they were under a semi open sky. Expensive silk tent materials had once adorned the top of the Ziggurat but years under the sand had destroyed the fine material.
So they were fully exposed as they did what they did and Witch Gogkiller and her most trusted Gulmagtor Captains around her were watching with entertainment.

There was no cage merely a ten by ten space where they were not annihilated where they stood. Using Leyas sight Tor’ab could only see the edge of the bubble. The floor had been artificed to annihilate anyone or anything that passed through it. By Tor’ab’ s estimation they had enough air for at least another ten hours. And it seemed Witch could will the forcefield to allow people or air to pass through it .

Tor’ab could definitely tell that no Leyas would pass beyond the forcefield and his Leyas sight could see nothing beyond it.

Witch finally said, "You stood bravely against the GulTor’Gor. Who do you each serve? "

And she chuckled, “While your tank betrayal bought me the time I needed to activate the Ziggurat, I assure you once it became fully operational it would not have been turned back by your forces. In fact I doubt you could even harm it.”

As she displayed emotion a pilgrim would be brought before her so she could kill them as the Uth curse overcame her.

Red Bishop Declaire chuckled at Naeil, “Well, unless my eyes deceived me, you had a strider, I had a tank, must have missed the one you had or else I would have blown that one up as well, the Strider went up fast, you must have done a poor job with the maintenance with it. (Red Bishop Declaire puts up a face of false concern) Good thing it is good, you might have hurt someone with it. As for my name? You may call me Red Bishop Declaire. Also if you want to counter annihilation you best have zela, or more annihilation heh. After all a lot of annihilation always beats a little annihilation.”

Turning his head to the Uth, "I serve the great Lord Grimaldus, who is acting under direct orders from the Colony General of course. Can’t let these little flea bags get too many nice toys, their little brains couldn’t handle it. (looking at the two next to him) I tease of course, about the flea bags and little brains thing, playful ribbing and the like, not the first part though.

Naeil: “Your parents either named you wrong when you were born or your ignorance knows no bounds… like your face!”, countered Naeil.

“And who the hell do you think I am?”, she pointed a finger at the Uth “I am Naeil, Immutable, the Loyal of the Lucky Fate Squad and it’s Second in Command! Who the hell are you? You must some kind of little girl playing with dolls because no one loves her by the look of things.”

Tor’ab hid the laughter that he felt. He could see why Godart had Naeil as his second. And while it was tempting to push the Oner into the annaliation field, by accident of course, that would not help his current situation. Though that thought almost brought the smile to his face as well. Tor’ab knew he was jaded against the oners, but at least he knew it and could control his actions better because of it.

Tor’ab said “I’m Tor’ab, but I bet you already knew that. What is it that you want?”

Tor’ab concealed his leyas use and with Air Leyas, supported his breathing needs. While he could not help the others in this, he could reduce his use of the air.

“You are so cute…like my face? How old are you, like five? heh.”

Turning to the Uth “Yeah, how dare you not hear about a random Goblin who is second in command of a two bit merc unit!? Fear the mighty Naeil! You are lucky that you are safe behind that annihilation field or you would be felled by her mighty strength (pausing to sniff the air) and smell, seriously you are lucky you are on that side.”

Naeil: “Oh, you don’t like my smell but think I’m cute? I think you’re lying,” she smiled.

The large olgogest grabbed the red bishop and smothered him in her bosom, “How do you like these honey? Let me whisper sweet nothings in your ear…”

Whispering to Declaire: “Got a plan. Get the Uth upset or trick her to let her guard down. Stomp on my left foot for no or my right foot for yes.”

“Oh you’re so cute too!”

Witch Gogkiller watched the banter with more than a bit of humor. Yet there was a grotesqueness, because each time her captives made her laugh, another captive was brought forth and killed by her to assuage the Uthvelor curse. Each time the trio could not help but see the pooling blood, eviscerated entrails, and hear the screams of the dying.

When She would do so, one of the multitude of her captains would use their Wintermute training to reanimate the corpse and lead it from the room.

Another of her captains would offer her a cloth to wipe her bloody hands. It seemed common enough an occurance on their end that the captains didn’t even blink about it. They looked upon their leader with a revernce earned through years of serving in battle together.

Witch said, 'I am Witch Gogkiller, ward of the Great Chieftain Rapi’og. We are the GulTor’Gor, the most wanted among the enemies of the Tyrant Lalder on our own timeline. We disrupted your own petty timeline to save our own from an unstoppable Tyrant and his overwhelming fleet. He uses technomancy and Leyas artificing to create vessels that can destroy cities and he uses them with excitement.

I knew the Lalder of this timeline would send his UtR stooges to investigate, but I had hoped they would all be diverted south by our Og’GulTor child soldiers."

WItch looked closely at Tor’ab saying, “I know you…you are Lalder’s head assassin. Last time I saw you, the Dark God Krodnok had ripped you from existence…but I guess that was the you from my own timeline. Your loyalty to your Tyrant is almost as reknown as how many innocents you killed in his service.”

It felt odd for Tor’ab to be compared to his evil mirror. While he had killed, he would not consider himself any tyrants weapon.

Witch leaned in to her spear as if listening to it. Then she eyed Declaire, “You…you claim to be Lord Grimaldus’ lapdog, but the hole where your soul was screams for cleansing. Red Bishop…”

Red Bishop Declaire was being embraced by this furry moron, sigh, he knew what the idiot’s plan was and it was stupid, however it was amusing to see the captives killed so brutaly so silver lining, then again he hadn’t been kidding about the smell, being this close just made it worse, if only humans didn’t have noses, would be better.
He stomped his foot down hard onto Naeil’s right food shoving her back “That is close enough my dear…lady? You are female right?”

Turning towards the Uth “Considering you are an Dark Elf who works with Goblins, slaughtering random people and raising them into undeath, you seem awfully preachy about the state of other people’s souls. Perhaps others aren’t as bigoted as you are.”

Tor’ab nodded at the Bishop. While he was gor and most likely pretty evil in his own actions, he was pretty straight to the point.

Tor’ab said "Your opinion of the other Lalder does not mean much. Your tribe here throws around words like Tyrants and such. And even in your own statement you are working with a Dark God. Here you are killing helpless beings just because you can’t control yourself. I know of your tribe in this timeline turning on those they claim friends or allies. And I’m talking about the kinder versions of you that haven’t been influenced by your war.

Also, Remember the event where your world differs from ours was started by your Rapi’og’s betrayal of those he once held as allies. Not close allies, but allies no the less. And now that you are loosing in a battle your tribe started, Rapi’og started, you seek to kill innocents in another world for your own gain. Tell me who’s the bad guy here? It doesn’t seem hard looking at the trail of blood and corpses who is a tyrant."

Witch stopped laughing, “Oh yes I will definitely take criticism from a Church of One toady who sold his soul to evil.”

She stopped obviously restraining her curse for a moment.

“Tor’ab and Naeil you seem like genuine Olgogs. But Red Bishop I think I will need a reason to keep you alive. So you better come up with one in the next twenty minutes or I will simply annihilate you from existence.”

Then her eyes moved to Tor’ab, "I know little of your timeline it is true. But there are several facts you should know.

fact 1 The Tyrant Lalder sold out the Olgog people to the Djinni because of HIS DESIRES. None in the Goblin Lands needed Djinni Blood but the Tyrant Lalder wanted it above all else. He set the wheels of danger in motion because he wanted things that put all Olgogs on Refuge in jeopardy. Lalder knew the Djinni tormented all who came to them asking for stuff. But he went anyway just so he could build his carrier fleet to take over space.

Fact 2 The GulTor’Gor did not work with the Dark God Krodnok until the Tyrant Lalder helped unleash The Kalok of Ka Rhug.
Many of my loved friends died in Simons burg when the UtR allowed the Kalok to begin it’s harvest. Yes they could have assassinated the Kolgol Olgog who was it’s avatar but the Tyrant Lalder in my timeline prevented the UtR from doing so.

Fact 3 if I were the Lalder of my timeline I would have already annihilated this town. You don’t know this but Drews port was the center of the Olgog resistance against the UtR in my Timeline.
He had his carrier fleet wipe it out because they would not hand over Rapi’og to be executed for political crimes.

When the Tyrant Lalders fleets are above your cities and his Kalok Demons have burned everyone who denies his rule. Then you can compare and contrast Tor’ab.

As someone who has seen both in action, neither are good gogs neither Rapi’og or Lalder. Both have done good to some and evil to others. The difference is in my timeline Rapi’og was fine ruling just the Crystal Dome of Karov, while Lalder wants all of space.

Tor’ab think long and hard about your master. It is easy to say his motivations are always good. I harbor no myths about Rapi’og he is a Mag’ol. He is brutal to most but he had shown me nothing but kindness.

I also never consider Church of One zealots to be Innocents. And I still dont. Their history doesn’t let them claim innocence.
All Church of Oners are enemy combatants. And that will not change until their faith stops killing non humans for being nonhuman.

Tor’ab we will see if my opinion of the other Lalder does not matter much when his fleets arrive. Remember these words, you will be happy that Rapi’og was the first through. He may be a bully and childish in his attempts at diplomacy.

But we will see if your Tla’loc’al survives if the Tyrant Lalder is not stopped…"

She had another pilgrim brought over and killed him. She was obviously using the curse to see someone’s memories. The trio just didn’t know who…

Declaire snorted in disgust "Your intolerance of humans who believe differently is quite obvious, I bet you would happily slaughter a new born who happened to start his or her life in Dunesphere claiming that he or she would grow up to be a soulless abomination. This is why people hate Uth, your holier then thou attitude find evil in others while ignoring your own sins. How many do you need to slaughter to satisfy your blood lust? How many victims of the Uth must we tolerate? I have seen the victims of the Uth, limbs removed simply because their slave duties didn’t require walking, servants with their tongues cut out so they never question their masters.

You talk of tyrants who slaughter yet did you ever think of asking the people of this timeline for help? No, you murdered people to raise them as undead slaves because you knew that your evil was so repellent that everyone would see your true nature. You dug up a weapon of mass destruction because all you know is killing, all you know is death. What do you think will happen if your mission is a success? Lets say you bring this death temple back to your home with an army of undead slaves, lets say you kill Lalder and wipe out his fleet. Then what? Will the world embrace you and everyone live happily ever after? No, they will fear your power, a power that no one should ever have. They will question you, they will resent you and you will act as your nature tells you to. You will kill them, you will erase them from existence, and do you know why? Because it is the easy way. You will have this unstoppable weapon and you will use it. You will replace Lalder as your timeline’s tyrant because that is what you really want."

Declaire paced back and forth in his death bubble “If you truly had good motives you would have contacted this timeline’s version of your tribe, use them and their allies to aid you. Instead your first choice was slaves and doomsday weapons. What about the EEF? They have armies, and high technology, they could have been a great help. Yet this is where we are, we are here hovering over a city which has done you no wrong. In fact you just said that Drewsport resisted Lalder and aided your tribe, yet here you are threatening to destroy it simply because they fear your actions.”

Red Bishop Declaire laughed in the Uths face “I don’t need a reason for you to keep me alive, as no reason would do. You are a tyrannical serial killer who delights in the pain of others. You have kept me alive until now for your own amusement and as soon as I stop being amusing you will discard me like you will everything else. You are no different then the one you hate, you are just crappier at it then he is. So feel free to kill me, my death will just be a foot note in the mass destruction and genocide that you will do in the future if you succeed. However I do not think you will, as you are a fool. You will fail because you have made nothing but mistakes, so smile, laugh, and slaughter, as you like. You are no hero, but a terrible villain. I am bored of your incompetence and your grating voice.”

Red Bishop Declaire stretched his arms wide to either side and smiled. Awaiting his fate.