The War Tent of the Armies of Eloga of the Tribe of the Ur-King

A musclebound Olgog dressed in plates of Armorfiend hide with a cloak of Krato-hide stood up in the center of the tent. He issued forth a howl of pain, common enough to signify a state of mourning.

He brushed his long green and black fur back in one last gesture and said, "Assembled Mighty Leaders, Assembled Tribals, Assembled Ferals, No matter whom you represent I bid you welcome. But this welcome is for a depressing matter. The death of Eloga, my chieftain, my friend, who led the Armies of Eloga from the land of the Krato to rejoin the Olgogs for their honorable war with the Earthers.
We were invited under banner of peace to the home of the Chieftain Tladol. We were asked to help him undertake a guerrilla war against the southern-most Earther colonies. Tladol’s plan was that this would draw more attention to what the Earthers themselves were doing in the south. My mentor Eloga knew he could use this escalation in conflict to force an agreement that the Earther Colonies would stay on their side of the border.
And if the Earthers refused he knew he could bring honorable Krato Diplomat Kotine of the Ur-Kings and his allies into combat. Then we would regain not just these lands but our original lands north of the border. All of the famed hunting grounds would be ours once more.
Imagine the days when our ancestors ran free, when no Earther built their city on our land. That was Eloga’s final dream. A free land for free Olgogs.

And for the dream of a free land and a free peoples he was mocked and disrespected and killed. Had we been given back his body, we would consider this the deepest insult and simply leave the tribes involved to their fates. But instead they gave the body of our beloved Chieftain to the Warmonger’s Dead.
Captain Torkol’ab of the Unit 817 delivered final death by consuming our beloved Eloga in hellfire, only his scorched armor and weapons remained when they were done.
And the offenses didn’t end there, the “peaceful diplomats” had begged for more time and during that time, more Warmonger’s Dead were allowed to kill all those Tribals who attended Eloga, learned from Eloga and sought Eloga’s council until fourteen of my friends and relatives were gone. Now they are Warmonger’s Dead of an unknown Unit. But they are gone to us, and I mourn them. I accepted restraint and was given betrayal.
What am I to do? Do I ignore the loss of fifteen of my people. My most respected Elder Eloga is dead, and his spirit howls its torments from the MagMag Gorder’al (hell dimension of Warmonger). This is even worse than if he had been taken by Ka Gor tribe to the Ka Gor’na Gorder’al (Dimension: Land of the Quall N’drone) and his Ol taken by them and used to birth more enemies of the Olgog. Because at least then his misery would end. But no, the peaceful dignitaries have doomed him to the eternal torment of Gultor in MagMag Gorder’al.

Only the utter destruction of the Dead who serve Warmonger will be allowed. I want to know, who will join me in hunting down and destroying these Dead? Granting them final death by fire."

–[Open to Ripi-tu Lurur, Kilma Ur’ab, all Tribe of the Ur-king members and any player who joined the Simcon Live game Event Death of a Cheiftain and met Bo’gan and his deceased mentor Eloga]–

On’ab was not please on being sent to this meeting, he would rather be killing some of the interlopers of hunting some of the wild beasts. But Bill had personally sent him here with a message.

He stood up warily, and carefully watched the Olgogs around him and spoke.

Our spirit guide, Bill, has sent me to convey his apologies. He is deeply saddened by every gogs untimely death, no matter at whose hand they are. His failure to revive Tladol weighs upon him heavily, and his unintentional part in your leaders death weighs upon him more.

On’ab pulls out a parchment, and looks at it quickly.

Bill has related to me the incident with Eloga, and why he knocked him out. It seems that there were harshly said words that provoked Eloga into an attack on one of the Unen Pirates. While Bill will let any words pass, He could not let direct attacks happen, less the peaceful part of the meeting be broken. I understand the irony of using violence to keep the peace , and Bill does too. The fight was swift, but deadly as both bill was dead and your leader Eloga was passed out. When Bill awoke, he left as they were trying to revive Tladol, and he was unable to do anything for your leader.

When Bill was returning with the other delegates from the failed mission, he returned to the diplomacy tent to see the dead bodies of you tribe members, Bill was unsure of what to do. He ended up going to Tla’Loc’al with one of the Aufgogs he respects.

Bill wishes he could help bring back your Elder, but he doesn’t have the knowledge to do so. The only thing he knows and is able to do is to send his condolences and his sincerest apologies.

A short, muscular looking Tor’og assassin rose, straightening his clothing. Clearing his throat he spoke, “As you know, I represent the tribe of Ka’Rhug in this matter. One of our own, the Aufgog known as Kolgol was present during the tragic and sudden death of these great Olgogs. We wish to convey that we are pleased to offer our help in whichever way the Ur’Kings decide.”

“If I may offer a bit of advice however…the previously mentioned Kolgol acquired a large freighter in the events surrounding the attack on an earther settlement. It is completely intact and seaworthy, and lays in the port of Unen, unmanned. If we were to say…obtain… several hardy Olgogs who have experience with this kind of thing, it may be a good way to approach the ruins where these dead are rumored to exist.”

He looks around, then again speaks saying “Of course there may be considerable…profit… for any parties involved, as the freighter can hold quite a bit of cargo. Thank you for your time fellow Olgogs”

Bo’gan raises his hands and says, “Praise be The Tribe of Ka’Rhug, who still know the meaning of honor!”

“Does any other tribe wish vengeance on the Warmonger Cult for their continual evil and violence against our people?”

On’ab was prepared for this specific issue at hand, as Bill coached him on what to say.

There are several tribes of grey furs, but only one tribe was involved in the death of your leader. While Bill would prefer discussion to rule the day, he understands that this situation is not conducive to civic matters. Our Tribal leader, Ripi og, is always ready for a hunt and between him and Bill, they have related to me that they will enlist members of our tribe to help in this hunt, on the condition that you only go after the tribe that is responsible for Elogas death.

Bill related his reasoning for this, as he was the one that was pressuring for this condition. If we target all of the Grey Furs, even the ones that weren’t involved in this incident, then they will be justified in attacking all of the other tribes, and enslaving them. We would be no different, just stronger for a moment. To help prevent this, and to show that we know honor and retribution, I ask that you hunt only the tribe that killed Eloga.

Outside the tent, there was a commotion.

“Bo’gan, I have heard rumors of your war mongering and false accusations. As I am a honorable gog, I have come to challenge the falsehoods you spout,” yelled Torlok’ab. “Or do you hide behind your lies?”.

Torlok’ab stood alone in front of the tent, waiting to see the response of the ‘honorable’ Bo’gan.

Bo’gan strode out to meet the dead a pair of acid grenades in one hand and his poleaxe in the other.

“You say that I Lie? Dead One do you deny shooting Eloga when he lay helpless on the ground?”

Looking up at Bo’gan, Torlok’ab shook his head. “No, i do not deny that i killed he who broke the peace of the meeting. He attempted to give final death to a delagateof a peace meeting. He attacked a gog with acid without warning. In the traditions of old there was only one punishment for such a heinous act.”

Bowing his head, Torlok’ab continued, "Ask your friends, the Krato, what they were known for doing to delagates who broke the peace and tryed to kill others under a peace flag. At least, i di not make him suffer before i shot him. I did not torture him or main him. "

“Alas, i say you lie for i am not a Captain, nor did i give your friend final death. The last i saw of him was when i left the tent of Tladol. You and your Krato ‘friend’ were still there with another Dead. I left and traveled to Bartsport. When i returned two seven-days later, all that was there was the other Dead and corpses. You had not returned at the end of the ‘Hunt’ so i choose to leave the place of conflict. I can only wonder what you did with Eloga’s body after i left.”

Bo’gan looks at Torkol’ab as if this is the first he is hearing of this news, and says, "
If my accusations were based on false information caused by the actions of other Warmongers Dead then I regret my accusation.
But if that is the case then to prove the rightousness of your statements will you want to bring the real Corpse Thief to justice ?
Otherwise how would the assembled tribes not know if your tribe and the other tribe worked in collusion…"

The Tor’og shifted uncomfortably in his seat, then cleared his throat and said, "
Friends, surely we have nothing to gain by arguing like this. I am sure Torkol’ab did what he thought was the best, and most just decision. We should focus on the matter at hand, and work together. We cannot lower ourselves to the standards of those who oppose us. Even now they are probably laughing at our disarray. There may be recompense for the previous actions, but chieftain Eloga would definitely not want us to argue like this if he were here."

Uth’lal, for that was the Tor’og’s name, gestured to his men. Four tribals of Ka’Rhug rose. They were ordinary in every aspect of typical olgog fashion, each standing around 6 to 7 feet tall, each carrying an obsidian hunting spear carved out of the rock of Ka’Rhug. Uth’lal alone also carried several long shards of obsidian bound in wood and hide, which served him as fighting knives. They wore hide armor, or in the Tor’og’s case, a nightmare hide set of armor, the only set the tribe owned. Regardless, they each were decently experienced, although none had actually set foot on the ship that Kolgol had managed to capture. Fortunately, Uth’lal also had with him a brief description of the ship given to him by Kolgol.

Uth’lal smiled to the other representatives and said “My fellow olgogs, the ship which we will take can hold only 40 healthy olgogs, 10 slots of which are taken by our good Ur’King friends here. My men and I will also board, filling an additional 5 slots. That leaves room for 25 more gogs, and I would be glad to invite any of you who wish to board with us. Simply state how many, if it is your wish to send some, and I will make the arrangements.”

Torlok’ab stepped back into the tent, “Excuse my brief absence, I was called to explain some of the situation to several other factions. Bo’gan, i can not tell you much about the other Dead that was there. Only that he is called Krodnok and may have acquired technology from those that attacked the camp. I do not have any information about what unit he is with or what their allegience is. There is no clear leader to the forces of the Dead in the lands but the Dead in the Ruins are almost all loyalists to my knowledge. there are some that are still there only because they are attemptiong to keep the servants of the Qual from looting the tombs and releasing the horros that sleep within.”

Taking a deep breath, he continued, “If you insist on attacking the ruins, know that no force has beaten the defenders since the Shattered Horn tribe overran the Seakings. The dead there are all sworn to protect relics. All that is left of the looters who try are now Dead themselves or slaves to the Pit Mongrels’ foul masters.”

Bo’gan listened respectfully and replied “It is good then that I do not seek the cursed relics they guard.
I just want to destroy them all. Especially this Krodnok.
Loyalists to Warmonger are loyalists to slavery and oppression. We would be pleased to have your knowledge on our side. We do not know the traps we will face when we get there but with brave gogs like Uth’lal on our side we cannot be defeated.”

Turning fully to face Torkol’ab, Bo’gan said, “I do not know why, but I desire to believe you about your Unit turning against the Ancient Evils. How did you do so? Is there a way we could free the other dead like you freed yours?”

Uth’lal snorted in derision and stepped quickly out of the tent. How could they talk of freeing the other dead? In his mind, once something has died, it has no right to come back and fight the living. But better to leave them to their debates, he had a mission to attend to. He gestured to his men and they gathered up their things and left the area. They would stop at Mt. Rhug for supplies and hopefully to pick up some more help and then head on to Unen. He left a hastily scrawled note to be given to Eloga explaining how to reach the ship when he was done at the meeting. With any luck, Uth’lal would soon be standing on the deck of the first vessel in the soon to be fleet of Ka’Rhug.

Torlok’ab shook his head. “We are not entirely sure oursleves how it happened. It took time and the decision of the individual to turn away. Even then, we think it was only due to the Evils’ distraction and struggles amongst themselves in the so called Northern Kingdoms that aided us. Many of us have tried for years to leave their service but we always had to watch for loyalists.”

“That is all I am allowed to tell you at this time. But I will volunteer to accompainy you on your journey if only to help keep you from releasing some of the ancient war machines that slumber beneath the Ruins. There are horrors there that have not been seen since the fall of the Kias Empire.”

And so it was that the expedition set out from the Wartent of the Armies of Eloga. Bo’gan left Filan Greybeard in charge.

Filan was a big Olgog in both heft and in height. Some said his roar was so great that he could cause avalanches in the highest mountains when he would become angry.
His only love had been his Chieftain Eloga and he respected Bo’gan only when he was in the room.

Filan Greybeard began his own preparations, as diplomats came and went.

From his vantage point, Micah observed the camp below. He stood at the top of a large hill that was studded in small-ish rocky outcroppings. To get to the camp on foot, it would still take almost 3 hours. However, shadow walking would make that a lot faster.

He looked over his right shoulder, at his traveling companion. The other Dead Warmachine he traveled with hadn’t chosen to follow Krodnok. Instead, he had been put through conversion, and was made to follow. Which was fine. More Warmachine’s meant more power.

They hadn’t named the other Machine, either. As such, Micah had taken to just reffering to him as ‘hey you’. He responded well enough to it. Then again, what choice did it have. Micah considered breaking the chip that was embedded at the base of it’s skull, to set it free, but decided against it. If he did that, there was a chance that the thing could go berserk. As he was, he was easier to deal with.

Micah turned to look back at the camp. Even from this distance, he could see the gaurds moving around the perimeter. It was strange to him, watching the gaurds. This time, there was no reason for it. Now, he was here for peace.

He motioned with his hand for ‘Hey you’ to follow, and jumped into the nearest shadow. He emerged from another about twenty-five yards away, and was gone in the same moment. They continued to travel this way for a few moments, then finished the last ten minutes of the journey on foot. As they approached, a few guards gathered at the entrance.

“Do not be alarmed,” Micah said. “We are not here for confrontation.” He put his hands up, so as to say he meant no hostility. When he noticed that ‘hey you’ hadn’t done the same, he reached back and smacked the other Warmachine on the shoulder, then motioned for him to show no hostility.

He turned back towards the guards. “We seek the one called Bo’gan,” he announced. “We have come along way, and we have something he wants.”

Filan Greybeard came out and said, “Bo’gan is indesposed at the moment.
But before he got tied up he made some armor for your master.”

Filan seemed to be acting suspiciously but the armor he brought out checked out to Krodnoks specifications.

After presenting the armor , filan said, “Now where is Elogas body?”

Micah picked up the breastplate and inspected it. “Looks good,” he commented, setting down the plate and picking up the gauntlets. “Your smith knows what he is doing.”

He gave the gauntlets a once over, then set them down next to the other pieces. He turned, and moved to stand behind ‘hey you’. During the journey, ‘hey you’ had carried the corpse of Eloga. It had been wrapped in a rough brown cloth, and padded with many bundles of tall grass, so as to not cause physical damage to the bady. Micah began to untie the bindings that kept the large parcel on the other Warmachines back.

Once the body came loose from it’s carrier, Micah carried the body around to stand in front of Filan, and gently set it on the ground. He unwrapped the corpse, and used the cloth to wrap and bind the armor pieces. Once he was done, he tied the new parcel to his traveling companions back. “I trust, then, that we are done here?”