The Unveiling of Lord Mada's Manor

There was absolutely no life in Bartsport. Not since it had been flash frozen and later irradiated. It was an uninhabited ghost town covered in an eerie radioactive fog. However, rumors have recently begun surfacing that some sort of activity (the non-radio kind) had been seen in the remnants of the city. Upon investigation, it was discovered that a large manor had been newly constructed in nearly the exact location of the previous manor. Some thought that Bartsport was finally going to be rebuilt. That the radiation would be cleansed and it would be safe to live there again. They were wrong. This new manor belonged to none other than Lord Mada, the Nightmare Slaver.

No sooner than word of this fact got around, did people begin to sight other things in the abandoned city. Unusually dark shadows, and large creatures, presumably nightmares, flying around the manor. It seemed like a haunted mansion from some old Earth horror film. All that was missing was the cliche lightning and creepy organ music. No one knows how Lord Mada was able to get the large building constructed inside the radiation zone, nor how he is able to get to and from his new manor without being affected.

This manor will act as Lord Mada’s base of operations while in the Goblin Lands. In order to get work, there is a messenger nightmare stationed far enough away from the ruins to avoid any danger of clients getting irratiated, with specific orders to do nothing harmful. Its only task is to notify its master when someone comes seeking his assistence. If it is killed, a new one shall replace it.

The nightmare that was previously stationed as a messenger is no longer necessary. From now on, Lord Mada’s new messenger is an Earther of medium height, and small build. He wears a worn and torn lab coat, and broken glasses hang from his face, which has solid black eyes and horns protruding from the forehead. Black claws extend through the ends of each of the man’s fingers. This former scientist has been instilled with a nightmare and has been ordered not to cause harm to anyone, except in self defense, for which it is armed with a machine gun. It will be the tool with which Lord Mada will use to contact employers outside of Bartsport.

It will stand there, waiting for someone to bring it a message to deliver to its master.

So come. Don’t be shy.

A large scared olgog walked twards the instilled nightmare, a little unsettled but knowing he had to seek out this"Lord Mada".

“Hello I am Dargor’lur. I wish to learn from your master. I know not his ways but I have heard he is strong and am willing to do what ever it takes.”

(OOC: one Ur Rhug seeking to learn to be a Nightmare Slaver)

The instilled nightmare nods at Dargor’lur and stalks off to inform his master. After several hours pass, Lord Mada rises ominously out of a nearby shadow along with his minion. He flourishes his cloak and uses Translate before addressing the olgog.

“My pet has informed me that you wish to learn my ways. The methods I use to subjugate and suppress creatures and bend them to my will.” The Kasanthian slowly circles Dargor’lur as he speaks. “This is not something that I consider lightly. So tell me; What tribe do you hail from, and do they approve or even know of your decision to come before me with this request?” He stops circling in front of the olgog to make a point, “It is my understanding that recently many of the olgog tribes had declared war on the Church of One for all they have done over the years. And now you wish to become a Nightmare Slaver? Please, help me to understand your intentions.”

Dargor’lur shivered as his earring translated translated Lord Mada’s words.

“I am from the Or’Lur Tribe, you worked with our elder Glog. He said that you were strong and controlled the Dargor with great ease. I have always felt drawn to the shadows and the Dargor that come from them. That is how I got my name. ‘Dargor’lur’ Nightmare weaver. I hope that you will help me reach my true strength. As for the Oners, my tribe has more importent matters right now, Such as finding Glog and dealing with some of our more… lost… kinsmen.”

“Olgog!” Called Lord Mada. “I have spent much time considering your request and have come to this conclusion: I will train you, on one condition. You must prove yourself to me.” And with that, the Shadowmancer laughed and summoned forth a demonbeast nightmare to attack Dargor’lur.

Dargor’lur did not even blink as the demonbeast charged at him. Once it got close enough he Shadow walked to the side of it. There he charged the creature. Once he was close enough he jumped onto it and used Consume Nightmare as he held onto it. he held on until the demonbeast was no more.

“Have I proven myself or do you want me to fight you as well.”

(1d8 no a.r. energy dmg per round.)

The hooded Kasanthian laughed cruelly and the air seemed to grow colder around them. “Believe me, little olgog; You don’t want that.” Lord Mada sneered. “You have shown me that you are worth at least some of my time. But tell me, what would I gain from teaching you my craft? What could your tribe possibly offer me in return?”

“My tribe has warriors, and hunters, who would be willing to bring you parts of the creatures they have slain for you to do with as you will. I can also speak with my elders who can get our grafters to make weapons or other items for you, if you would fight beside us and allow our warriors to fight on the untainted parts of your lands. I would also be at your disposal.”

Lord Mada’s demeanor shifted slightly. “I must admit, I am intrigued by your offer. You would provide me with test subjects for my… research, and supply me with weapons? If you bring me some of these creatures as a show of faith, then we can get started.”

It was not Dargor’lur who returned but one of his fellow Ur Rhug who brought the basket full of body parts. It had a few Mal’ie arms or other parts, a couple horse hooves, and even a few parts to a juvinial Armor Fiend. However he pulled out a small pouch from his cloak.

“The bag has a few bits and pieces that can be used to make the creatures but I was told to hand this to you personally.” Inside was a small strip of dragon hide.
“Do you want me to start calling the creatures?” the Ur Rhug asked, being as respectful as he could.

(Armor Fiend from IGD)

Lord Mada looked over the assorted bits like it was a flea market. “These are decent specimens.” he said. “Please. Begin the conversion. But first tell me, where is your tribesman?”

“Last I was told Glog told him to represent the tribe in some meeting about the attack on a city. He told me to apologies for not returning but he could not refuse the task.” The olgog said as he pulled out a horse hoove and started to convert his health into it.

Lord Mada walked silently to his gothic-looking study to prepare a copy of the religious texts for Lurtor. On the way, he passed by the olgog from the Or’Lur tribe who was currently taking a break from his conversion rituals, the end results of which he was eager to see.

Once in the study, Mada found a ‘manifesto’ of the Church of Shadows and began to copy its contents.

A gog in a bulky suit that cover his body head to to toe walk around the outskirts of Bartport. Spotting the black clawed man, the gog approached him with a message:

“I am Godart of the Lucky Fate Squad. You may or may not have heard of me. I have need of your resources for this spaceship we’re building. I’ll pay with metal and zela dust - plus I’ll have some info that might be helpful to you. Come to Mag Buskt Island to learn more.”

Godart stared at the black clawed man.

“You got all that?”, sighed Godart.

The gog in the heavy suit hand him a letter. “Anyhow give him this message just in case you aren’t the speaking type. I’m heading out.”

Godart took one long look at the ruins of Bartport and wondered what treasures were hidden about.

“Got to stop daydreaming. Got work to do.”

He turn his back on the city and left.

After Godart left, the instilled scientist eventually figured out that he should give the marked paper to his master. In an attempt to avoid direct confrontation and potential pain for disturbing his master, the nightmare quietly slipped the letter under the closed door to Lord Mada’s study. Feeling confident that he was undetected, he turned to walk away and ran right into his robed master.

Lord Mada looked down at the disfigured creature. For a brief moment they stared at each other, before the slaver simply grabbed the slave by the head and tossed him from the upstairs balcony. Mada then retrieved the letter and read through it. Godart’s offer was intriguing, and what he was willing to pay merely for the use of his nightmares seemed very generous. Lord Mada decided he would head to Mag Buskt’s Island and meet with Godart.

Lord Mada has gained safe passage to and from Mag Buskt Island. His holdings are currently off limits to Bruskti Raiding parties.

Following the events at the spaceship launch, Lord Mada returned to his manor in Bartsport and immediately assigned his olgog servants to travel throughout the Goblin Lands, spreading the tale of how Lord Mada (with the help of his minions) single-handedly drove the Iron Republic off of Mag Buskt’s island. They told of his truly heroic actions on the island, where he expertly infiltrated the fortifications and bypassing the innocent olgogs being forced to patrol for the IR. Upon reaching the summit of the mountain, Lord Mada unleashed his penguins and war dragon, who proceeded to destroy the Iron Republic forces stationed there and end their presence in the goblin lands.

Not long after the events at Mag Bruskt’s Island nine olgogs made their way to Lord Mada, where one of them stepped forward and kneeled before the slaver.

“Master, including the gog I sent to you before, the Frozen Fists present themselves to enter into your service, that we may camande the Nightmares with the same ease as you.”

Dargor’lur stayed behind after the others had been sent to their different tasks. He hands Lord Mada a roll of hide, with very crude Earther writing.

“Lord Mada, These warriors ten have no good in tribe. Jokes and tricks played cause anger to grow. Sent on petrol no return, please give cave they hunt. Glog.”

(Dargor’lur and the nine other Ur Rhugs [LR 4 adept, Shadow 3, General 1, Survival{G.L.} 5, Leyas Combat Ranged 5] have “abandoned” the Or’Lur tribe to surve Lord Mada. Each has 2 obsidion rings of Frost Storm)

“Yes yes, very nice.” Lord Mada said exasperatedly. Now that he had more slaves, he started them working on a lard project to build a fortified wall around the entirety of Bartsport. It was only a matter of time before others like Ryuk arrived and Lord Mada wanted to be sure he was ready for them.

While the olgogs (with the aid of his power armored penguins occaisionally) working on building a wall, Lord Mada sent minions to mine the outskirts with rocks that would ward against light leyas and summon nightmares if squatters came too close.