The Special Forces Operations: VLAD vs DRRT vs NK Spec Ops (DR2220 week 3+)

Moose looked at McMurphy and said, “Now that all played out like a typical VLAD operation. Wierd that only those agents vetted by me are supposed to be onsight, McMurphy, yet somehow a TRILAT agent gets close enough to kidnap a candidate? Unacceptable, and since that TRILAT agent used to be one of yours…should we say par for course? Or should I turn over a few stones and dig a little deeper and figure out how he got there? How much should I bet that at least one of Ryuk’s inner circle feeding him plans is one of your VLAD agents, McMurphy.”

McMurphy said, "You really think I would use a loose cannon like Ryuk in ANY operation. The K’iorn blew up a solar system just to see if he could. "

Moose said, “I get that some folks just want to watch the world burn. But how is Ryuk not moldering in a cell in the Goru? He is as least as dangerous as Grand Technomagi Chajee.”

Ar’goon of Fort Lendill interrupted “I would like to see the release of the esteemed Giancarlo Chajee as a Honorific Founder of Fort Lendill.”

“Now that is an argument for another time,” quipped McMurphy.

McMurphy said, "I can say with full certainty that it was Ryuk’s idea to use the assasination attempt on Yildor Roren to get him someplace quiet without his bodyguards and without EEF eyes.

So should I place a bounty on Ryuk with the Assassins Guild?"

[McMurphy looked around the room, waiting for input.
Choices on the table are:

A) Start a War with the TRILAT over the attacks on a Political Candidate

B) Put a bounty on Ryuk, and keep everything as hush hush as possible

C) go to the public, tell the citizens about the attack on the candidate and let the colonists handle the situation.

D) Let Ryuk get away with it, because everyone hates Yildor Roren anyway.

Make your case!]

Connor says "I think starting a war is a bad idea. This was Ryuk’s actions, not that of TRILAT currently. And the EEF cannot look like it is allowing harm to a Candidate, even if no one likes him.

A bounty is definitely appropriate in this case. Make the bounty big, but not to the point where people would turn in their mother for the reward. There should also be a reward just for the location of his base of operations. See if we can take that away from him.

Also, since Roren already told of his capture to the public, we should also make it public that Ryuk is wanted in connection of the kidnapping. If he wasn’t already a wanted criminal in the Colonies, he should be now.

This should allow us the best chance to capture him both in public and private methods. The only challenge is if the public method captures him, you will need to put him on trial and can’t seal him away right away.

But Both of those steps will limit his ability to move around freely and even if it doesn’t result in his capture right away, maybe it will limit his movements and plans. He’ll have to be subtle, or he will be captured."

Dr. Lac looked up from where McMurphy had him secured and said, “The Unity just declared Ryuk no longer an officer in their group. He has lost his TRILAT ranking. They have put him out in the cold much like they did me.”

McMurphy said, “Good so we can act on Ryuk unilaterally without needing to worry about his TRILAT friends.”

Moose said, “Okay McMurphy I’ll bite. We put wanted posters up in every Colony. Let everyone know. Ryuk is wanted dead or alive for the situation with Candidate Roren. The only place he will be safe is in Kasanth if the Unity doesn’t want him.”

McMurphy looked around the room and said, “Then the next question we all should ask, is do we assemble a team to recover him from Kasanth or wherever the hell he is hiding?”

Connor says "Lord Mada of Kasanth has tried before to have Ryuk sent to Jemison Post before. I believe Ryuk escaped the team trying to gather him. If Ryuk is in Kasanth and we work through Lord Mada, Kasanth could be willing to give Ryuk up for the Jemison Post Guest program. We do have the long term Prison where we put them in stasis that we operate for the truly unrecoverable that are sent to Jemison Post.

If that is not an option, then I say we send the team. He causes too much damage free and unrestricted. I would be especially concerned now that he is loosing the support he had before. Now he has little to loose."

McMurphy said, "Unless Lord Mada volunteers to help, keep him out of this. His service was conditional on the EEF leaving him alone down on Bartsport. I don’t want to lose his friendship for future missions.

You can reach out to him Connor if you wish, but do so as a concerned Northern Kingdom neighbor not as an order from this group."

Moose sat back and said, “Kasanthian agents abound in VLAD eh?”

McMurphy was almost sinister in the way he said, "When my predecessor took over, our Agents were split between Vampyrs, Bandits, Ex-Assassins Guild operatives and members of the Crime Syndicates. Their previous administration had hired on countless Kasanthian Devotees, Legion of Ceroxis operatives, and Northern Kingdoms terrorists to operate both above and below the border. Its no surprise we still have a lot of them running around. VLAD doesn’t execute our operatives just because we have differences of opinion.

Well except for the Legion of Ceroxis. The Trinity made sure that relationship is long been severed in the most violent way possible."

“Speaking of the Trinity, shouldn’t Shinefox and Te’Te’ be here?” asked Moose.

“Shinefox and Te’Te’ have been avoiding me to be honest,” said McMurphy, “For some strange reason they consider this clone of me, a bit less trustworthy than my predecessor.”

[DR2220+ Mission 6]

McMurphy smiled coldly at the room. The Northern Kingdoms leaders looked more than a little upset.

“I understand why you folks in the NK may be worried. It seems the Neliff and their allies have taken Damoclese platform 22. We believe they have a technomancer among their slaves, someone who they are using to hack our tech. It could be an Immutable, but it would have to be someone who knows the inside of our Orbital control network…”

Ar’goon Blazefist of Fort Lendill said, “So the Neliff have taken an orbital platform. Why did you not simply detonate it?”

McMurphy said, "I don’t handle detonations but the acting leads told me that the Damoclese failsafes were disabled when the Neliff boarded the platform. And even if we did its only a matter of time until the Neliff tried this with a different platform or god-forbid one of the IR EEF shared Penal Spacestations?

We should find a solution."

Ar’goon said, “Simple. I’ll just order a sunspike to smash the plaform and we can have it burn up in orbit.”

Moose countered, “Mr. Blazefist, I’m sorry to correct you, but if a Neliff got onboard a Sunspike ship wouldn’t that make this situation worse rather than better.”

McMurphy was happy for Moose’s support on that.

Ar’goon felt he was being played by EEFers.

“So let me get this straight the Neliff have a Damoclese strike and could target and destroy ANY of our cities. And you want us to just sit around and wait…?”

The other NK leaders also began to grumble they didn’t seem to support the idea of allowing the Neliff even a moment of control.

McMurphy said, "The EEF has authorized us in sharing a certain important detail. If we do not succeed in ending the orbital Neliff outbreak, or if they make it to the Penal Space Stations, the Iron Republic will consider this planet overrun. That would stick us back in the place we were two years ago, trying to drive off an orbital fleet seeking to glass the planet.

The IR has given us a date, and if we do not handle the Neliff outbreak by then…Fleetmaster Deer has already put Clean Bombs on standby.

And frankly if the Neliff did take this planet, I wouldn’t blame the IR for wanting to vaporize it."

Connor says "This seems the top priority over the invasion of the Redeemers site in the south. Which is bad too, but more conventional ways may work there from a distance.

Spymaster Lurtor has informed me about the Neliff, it seems the Neliff had a big run in the Goblin Lands recently as well. He told me the redeemers and those that follow the religion are immune to the control of the Neliffs and can detect it. Not sure who else is immune. Undead? Immutables?

I’m not sure if Immutables are immune to their effects, but long and short, we need a team that is immune to the mind control or has enough of those who can detect their influence to retake the platform. ?"

McMurphy said, “Some undead are not immune to mind control. Warmongers dead is a prime example. In addition Immutables have been controlled by the Neliff according to field reports. But these Redeemers they are definitely protected. I hear tell that Lord Roans Phantoms are also protected but i have not heard from them since i took this office.”

Harald of Wintermute was a large individual wearing a light purple robe with a bronze mask depicting a snarling Olgog with extended canines implying that he was a vampire behind it, the fur which was visible was a dark sickly green, mildly thinning. He kept on attending these meetings but never spoke, generally allowing the Earthers and their allies handle their own problems. This latest exchange perked his interests, with a raspy voice Harald spoke, “Do we know if the Neliff can control basic undead, or is their control limited by more advanced undead like Vampires or Litches?”

Harald of Wintermute tapped his finger against the table waiting for a response.

Moose leaned in and said, “I think that long silence is McMurphy stumbling for a way to say he has no freaking clue.”

McMurphy gave Moose some side-eye then turned to the Herald and said, "My apologies for the delay. But the Neliff might be able to…I do not currently have any field test notes on undead fighting with the Neliff. So far our only experience was comparing different forms of Warmongers Dead…

It would be a risk in either case. In fact I would be worried in general."

Moose interrupted and said, “My sources say that Blackheart Security Solutions has been flooding the market with Neliff psychic disruptors. I don’t know how effective they are, from what I understand they were tested out in I.R. Space not here on Refuge. But they gotta be better than a whisper and a chance right?”

McMurphy said, “I can neither confirm nor deny anything being done by Blackheart PMC.”

Harald of Wintermute, tilted his head to the side abit, “Wintermute cannot assist when it comes to the space station which will be of no surprise to anyone in this room. We have been massing forces in the south in response to the Neliff threat at the Redeemer’s site in the south. We will deploy four hundred skeletons armed with Springshot grapple lines and explosives which have been designed to work underwater. They will be accompanied by fifty Vampires with similar equipment and fifty Reanimators whose jobs will be to restore any fallen undead. All five hundred will be equipped with Neliff Jammers purchased from Blackheart. I doubt the skeletons can be controlled by the Neliff but we will use the jammers just in case. Our plan is to walk into the sea to get under the invader’s ships. Our Reanimators will have artifacts to enable them to breathe underwater but the others will not need any for obvious reasons. Once our forces locate the bottoms of the enemy ships they will fire their grapple lines to the ships. They will climb up and plant their explosives, once they are clear they will detonate the explosives hopefully sinking the enemy fleet.”