The prevention of war.

Vektor’s face did not betray any emotion. He had gotten the answer he was looking for. A big pile of stalker dung meant to deflect Castiel’s true intentions. Vektor took a moment to consider recent events while Castiel answered other questions.

Unit 7766 had been helping what would become the United Tribes of Der’al for over a year. They were present at the Great Uf, Thomasville, and Jamesville. Hikiti mentioned a story about when they were studying under Auf Ur’sa about Castiel. Then there were the recent negotiations in which the grayfurs of Unit 7766 were instigating dissension. Why? It didn’t sit right.

Why the change?? If it were Vektor, he’d say it was because he never intended to be an ally to begin with. Then it made sense. It was a ploy. That ploy ends today.

“Castiel, as my fellow councilgog have already stated, your withdrawal from yagogi lands is accepted. Your reasoning for your attack is not. My ships could have been filled with Earthers war machines intent on wiping out existence, it is still considered a vessel of peace and was granted safe passage through these lands. The fact that you destroyed it in Yagogi lands will be considered an act of war against us. Punishment is withheld only because your tribe of grayfurs were present at the Great Uf, in Thomasville, Jamesville and others. All debts of kindness repaid and clemency granted.”

He continued, “Your actions are considered the highest form of betrayal. Upon your withdrawal, your tribals are considered war criminals in United Tribal lands to be destroyed on sight. You will be known as the Betrayers, pretending to offer help only to attack when least expected. Your words are considered lies and no further invitations to our lands will be granted. As per my councilgog, that is my judgment.”

He looked to his peers Lalder and Maggul, “rest is up to you.”

Vellum steepled his fingers while looking at the gathered Olgogs. His fur had been slicked high and tight and a silk hankerchief hung from one pocket.

It was this pocket hanky that he withdrew and politely offered to Vektor.

"You have made an interesting appeal. I am confounded though why you would make such a statement before Unit 7756 withdraws?
Irrespective of the reason, you have just banished the Unit 7756 from Brez, Tla’loc’al and Karov.

I support the Dead being banished from Der’al . They serve no purpose except violent ends."

Vektor looked at the frilly silky thing that Vellum offered. He answered, without further acknowledging the cloth.

“We are not the only council in these lands. But you know that…”. He paused, and continued, “As to why say that now? Because we’re talking about it. They want to leave in peace, we’re officially letting them. What else do you expect?”

Castiel looked to Vektor, “I never remember offering to help the UTR in any of the messes you find yourself in.” He stroked his snout, “You say I betray you but that indicates at some time you trusted me. Which I never remember happening.” He also cocked his head, “So the UTR believes warships should be considered noncombatants. I am glad we are having this discussion as the Der’al collective and unaligned tribes should take note what you call peaceful.”

He shrugged, “I thought the UTR needed to vote on such diplomatic matters as labeling tribes enemies of the state. Either way it really doesn’t matter to me, though if it doesn’t require a vote that would certainly feed the allegations of tyranny.”

He paused to think about the possible ripples Vektor’s decision could have. “I have to ask two questions, if we join in on attacks on your enemies will you turn and fight us instead of our common enemy?” He honestly hoped Vektor would say they took precedence, it would make disrupting things as easy as showing up. “Also am I allowed to name an ambassador to attend all of your political parties or is the hope here that if you ignore us long enough we will go away?”

Vektor smirked. “I’m Brezan. I could care less what others think of how we rule. Your opinion matters even less to me. If anybody wants to revoke the rite of free passage that was already granted … We’re easy to find, send a messenger. With respect to trust, if you don’t remember when we vouched for you, then so be it. Doesn’t change anything anymore, and there is no further need for conversation. You want to talk more, we’ll grant a diplomat in lands that are not under our rule when we are gathered there. You can always seek us out through a third party tribe, or the Mag Buskt, or Mag Auf Yyanyi. We will respect their opinions. Until you remove yourselves from our lands, I have nothing further to say to you.”

Gul’ab’Hab had been listening to the others after Bill stormed out. His tribe wasn’t actually involved in the current debates so he enjoyed listening to the others argue. The conversation between Vektor and Castiel was one of the more entertaining ones. One thing he wanted to point out though.
“Vektor, you do seem to be making a contradiction here. You did before banish Unit 7756 from all UTR lands, do you have that right? Don’t the other UTR leadership have a say in that regard? Don’t get me wrong, I personally am not a fan of any undead, but you did say and I quote “your tribals are considered war criminals in United Tribal lands to be destroyed on sight.” As a fellow Brezan I applaud boldness, however I believe you only speak for what happens in your lands. Not what happens in other tribe’s lands. Though, I doubt you would have a hard time convincing the other tribes to agree with you in the end.”

Tor’ab says "I think a vote can be arranged on that based on Unit 7756 Invasion of a UtR tribe.

And i know that Unit 7756 tried to blow up our carrier as well. In each they had excuses, but I do think we need to work things out before they freely roam our lands again.

Unit 7756 leaving UtR lands will be a good start followed by a diplomatic meeting in neutral grounds as Vecktor says to work things out before anymore fighting occurs."

Gul’ab’Hab nodded “I have no doubt that the rest of your council will agree with Vektor, but it is always good to do things officially and not just speak for all. Who knows, one day one of you might make a declaration for all of you and the rest might just say no. Would look pretty stupid then huh? heh heh”

Tor’ab says “That is the problem with having the power at the tribes and a council. But sometimes you also have to allow for action. It is a balance as I’m sure your Collective will find out as you grow. But nothing worth it is easy at first. Otherwise it would have already been done.”

Castiel had to chuckle, “You really believe the Mag Bruskt would entertain diplomats from the dead. My, my how history has been forgotten.”

He turned to Tor’ab, “So what neutral third party would you elect for continued diplomacy? It seems to me you are all very very frightened of a single unarmed dead.” He stroked his snout, “Just so I understand if we attack common enemies is my unit the bigger foe or are they? I suspect Dunesphere will soon mount an offensive, you seem to have angered the Homeforge another incident and the forgemasters would likely have to act, oh and the Yvan are moving in force. We will no doubt have many common foes.”

Tor’ab replies "Once the Auf’s are back, they can arrange that. RIght now tempers are high due to your actions reguardless of the reason. There needs to be some separations to allow all to cool down. And then see where to go from there.

We do have common enemies. Yes the Oners are an invasion waiting to happy. Yvan are on the move, though they took a big hit recently. And Yes the K’iou are angry and bound to move though we hope diplomacy would still rule there.

Right now you are not an enemy, which is why we are talking right now rather than trying to force you out. But I fear without separation, a greater conflict would arise. It only takes one angry gog or someone with an itchy trigger finger to start something.

I think physical separation is best for a bit. But with continuing contact. "

Vektor smirked again. “Tor’ab is being diplomatic, but none of you should pretend to know or understand what our tribal council does and does not do, and what has or has not already been decided.”

He winked at Tor’ab. “You may continue these proceedings.”

Gul’ab’Hab laughed with mirth, “Indeed your tribal council’s inner workings are a mystery to all. A council which doesn’t have to meet, where a single Gog can make decisions for all on occasion. Truly no sane mind could grasp the style of council.” With another laugh Gul’ab’Hab winks at Vektor “I tease of course, make as many decisions for your council as you want, few would dare question the mighty Gang of Uf Magog!”

Vektor stoicly responded, “Good, we’re in agreement.”

Castiel nodded, “I will take my leave then.” He turned to go slightly confused. Tor’ab just declared he wasn’t the enemy after Vektor had declared his unit an enemy of the state.

After Castiel left, Tor’ab says "Vecktor, if someone is going to leave willingly. Let that happen before you piss them off more. I’m done with the nice stuff now. Lets make sure the land is clear of them.

And I think we should make Unit 7756 Status in UtR official."