The prevention of war.

Paladin Captain Durandal walked in, gave a curt nod to everyone gathered. “Lord Grimaldus has heard of what has happened in Karov, and has sent me to offer aid to those who need it. We did not come sooner as we feared the plagues that swept through these lands spreading to our own. Now that they are dwindling down we are ready to assist. Is there any particular area or task that you believe could use our assistance?”

Durandal gave off a bit of a cold stiff demeanor, it was obvious he was not used to being cordial to Olgogs.

Maggul could not believe what he just hear, he stood there mouth hanging opening frozen in an expression of awe. Did he just, did Ka’zac just challenge the dead over the unprovoked attack on their camp? Yes he did, he totally neglected the fact that that stupid little camp is on OUR LAND. For a moment, he smoldered at that infuriating through, and then it was the final though of dammit, I hate the Kolgol arrogance.

“Speaking of that Dead attack again, where did you all come in from? With a tactical retreat, how do the Yagogi know that you won’t just do it again when another time comes? We were all pointing fingers at Bill, and putting blame on Bill before for GulTor’Uf inviting the dead back into Karov. It is established that inviting the Dead here was bad for all, Bill makes himself look bad for running away while coming across as a hypocrite, but Lalder does just as poor a job as Bill. How are we supposed to be against the Dead while you are secretly working with them, making deals for weaponry and having your tribe trained by Krodnok. The fault is that we are having problems actually relying on each others expertise.”

Vektor looks at Castiel. “Many of my councilgog kin seem to be happy to let you walk away. Maggul raises questions about the how of it. I am neither happy nor do I care how you will retreat. You claim you were preventing mistrust against the United Tribe of Der’al by attacking us and preventing us from slaughtering Gultor’uf. Yet my ships were not attacking anyone when you destroyed them. They were actually healing the wounded on all sides of the conflict. Had you not interfered, not a single olgog would have died in Yagogi territory that day. So try another story … except this time, make it believable.”

Tor’ab says "Since Bill has run off and left without agreeing to anything. I agree for a trial, but no final death for the prisoners. That is a useless punishment.

Castiel, it is you we will deal with for your forces to withdraw. I will let Vektor take the lead on this as you shot down his ships."

Tor’ab says to Maggul "Not all dead tribes are bad. What do you think of Unit 817? As for Krodnok, he did not give training to the tribe, just an Olgog. Though, Personally I’m not against that. Also, Krodnok, like Unit 817, has come to the defence of other tribes, including Simonsburg. And Krodnok has not attacked a member of the UtR or held another’s tribes territory. So there is a difference.

The attack on the factory was more about removing Unit 111 from it. Having dead tribes who are allies of us gain benefit was a secondary benefit. And as it turns out, was not achievable. If you have an issue with that, I would recommend that we talk of that at another time. That discussion does not help clear your lands now. For now, we have to get Unit 7756 to withdraw, or make them withdraw. I prefer the peaceful solution if its soon, but once the fleet returns, we will have more options."

Realizing that nobody else seemed interested in answering the earther and his unexpected offer Urik turned to him and started to speak but suddenly stopped. He turned back to the group.

“Hey I have this crazy idea.” He said before turning back to the Paladin. “How would you feel about acting as a judge for us?” He asked he earther. “wait a second,” he said turning back again to the gathered gogs.

“Hear me out. I know its a bit crazy but GulTor’Uf and especially Bill are never going to accept a judgement we hand down as fair. This man and his people have no stake in this either way. They can’t complain about a neutral party sitting in judgement. The prisoners can try to explain to him or one if his people he feels is more suited as a judge. If they can prove their innocence to him they walk if not the he decides on a on punishment, short of final death. Well if he’s willing and we all agree?”

Paladin Captain Durandal blinked a few times, “A judge? What would I be judging? Not sure I would be the best choice for that. I mainly just kill things. I could contact Paladin Resugent, he has a more open mind toward the matters of your people, so he would be a better choice in that regard. I figured you had vampyrs and undead running around so I could help lesson the problem. However if you need more of a talking resolution Resugent would be more suited. I am sure he would agree to help in a neutral trial. We would just need to know the details of the case.”

"Yes Resugent understands more about us, but Captain Durandal you are a man of decisive action. On the field of battle you regularly judge who must be slain for good to triumph?

This is what we need. Nuances are less important.

Your distrust of Leyas in general will allow you to judge based on effects. You would not be distracted by words like healing or shadow.
Instead you will see burned children and adults and understand that as an outcome.

I second this idea."

Urik nodded to Captain Durandal. "Without going into to much detail here two tribes had a dispute which caused the rest of us to get involved. We felt one tribe staged an attack that crossed a line. There was a bit of a fight and Some of the members of that tribe have been detained and they were involved in the attack in question. They’d be allowed to speak for themselves and we’ll pick one or two speakers for our side. We’ll present evidence and witnesses and they will be given the chance to do the same.

All we ask is that you determine if they deserve punishment and,if so what it should be except death is off the table. I don’t know Paladin Resugent but I’ve heard of him. I’m sure you’d make a fine judge but we’ll need a few days to set up anyway. I don’t see a problem if you’d like to try to contact him to sit with you. Two heads are better than one. Right?"

Glog left head hung low as he knew that Bill would not listen and no others would hear his words. “They shall know their error too late to fix it and more sorrow will spread.” could be heard as he left.

“Thanks Glog, that’s real helpful!” Urik called after him.
“Hey, try not to commit any more crimes against the Speaking Races while you’re out there.”

Tor’ab says "I do not think it is a good idea for Earthers to pass judgement over Olgogs. Especially reformed Oners. No offence meant. You will loose much respect or validity in the faces of many Olgogs. Since I do not hold the Gogs in question as prisoners, nor was I one who was attacked, I don’t care too much. But I do stand by my warning of letting an earther rule over gogs.

If a trial is to be held, it should be done by a tribe not directly involved in the incidents. But that all can wait since Bill ran off.

We need to focus on having Castiel forces to answer Vecktor and remove his forces from Karov."

Tor’ab didn’t want the focus to let off of the Dead’s forces. He wanted them out of Karov as soon as possible.

Durandal listend to Tor’ab, “Perhaps you are right, not enough time has passed for such a thing. Is there anything our forces can do to help in another way?”

Tor’ab says “You know my tribe works with your group of earthers the most. We have gogs teaching and learning with the earthers in the new towns. And I would even think a judgement would be fair. But thousands of years of killings will need more than a few months for the trust to build. But it is going well and I have a good feeling for the future.”

Then to Durandal quieter “As for help, that will depend on the dead. If they don’t leave Karov or hold up to the agreement, then yes, we could use help.”

“Alright maybe it’s a little too radical. But they’re never gonna take a judgement from the UTR. I’d say we could ask a local third party but they all seem to hate us right now. Maybe we could ask the EEF for some non earther judges. Or one of the Northren K’iorn tribes.” Urik scratched his chin.

Castiel faced Maggul first, “Avoiding war is likely your best defense to stop any dead from sneaking in.” He shrugged, “Beyond that I doubt I will find your guard down ever again. I am honestly unsure of what answer you wish me to give you.”

Next he spoke to Vektor, “You claim your ships were unarmed. Were they filled with elderly wet nurses or were they filled with warriors who happened to be healing at the time?” Castiel shrugged, “Your anger at the loss of the craft is troubling.” He nodded to Urik, “He expressed anger at his gogs dying in glorious battle. That I can understand the bonds forged in war are stronger than any other. You on the other hand are missing your shiny toys. If you grieve for the loss of war machines over the loss of lives then Warmonger may have more of a hold over these lands than any realized.”

He shrugged, “The offer stands I will voluntarily withdraw all forces.” He nodded toward the door, “Unfortunately GulTor Uf doesn’t seem to care about any sort of peace. I won’t tie my withdrawal to their agreement to a treaty. I had hoped stalling the battle would result in all sides brokering a deal, sadly I have failed in that regard.”

Maggul looked around and just shook his head saying, "It’s a shame that all of GulTor’Uf walk the same path, they get angry every time they are proven wrong and then storm out in a huff. Maybe the Olgog known as Bill should start acting his age instead of his gul size. Funny thing about respect, if he starts acting appropriately like an elder maybe he would get some respect. "

Urik nodded at Maggul “Yeah it’s a real shame Anyway seeing as Bill has clearly left talks I don’t think anyone needs to include him in a deal. So as far as I’m concerned nothing changed three day cease fire to withdraw your troops. No UTR forces will interfere or attack during that time.”

Durandal quietly responded to Tor’ab “I shall lead some of my forces into the area to support your troops. We shall be ready to help you against the Dead. We shall return them back to where they belong.”

Tor’ab replies to DUrandal "Take this commcrystal so we can work together. I plan to give them the few days to remove. I would tighten security on your borders just in case. I plan to do the same. "

To Castiel Tor’ab says “If you remove your forces from UtR lands, and Karov in general, we will can have a peaceful end to this. Maybe Karov will settle down after this. RIght now my forces will take defencive in nature until the timeframe. I have no interest in Holding lands in Karov myself, just to free those of the UtR members.”

Durandal quietly responded to Tor’ab “I shall lead a small force to aid your people. I shall take no offensive action against anyone unless endangered first. I know our reputation, I shall start no fights, but I will aid your people if needed. We have already increased the EEF presence at our boarders, this frees up our own troops to provide aid.”