The Plan to take down a Dictator (Week 15)

The Brezan problem has joined with another problem, the problem of the Kolgul Militia.
I hope to cure both these ills in a single stroke.
I have payment already levied to hire on some of the best mercs in the Goblin Lands.
Now just hire the sellswords and hired guns and free lancers, and bring me the
head of Yaog. In a resurrectable form. What you do to King Orongul is up to you.
a note tied to a bundle of papers showing the perfect sapphire and how it was once in the Museum of Brez before the flamewinds destroyed the city

The tent was firmly in Uf Mag’og territory, and Urog’s Consiglieri Vektor had gathered the Mercs to discuss the attack on the Brez Grand Central Station.
Vektor didn’t trust letting his own King get anywhere near the unknown “donor” until he was vetted as safe. Vektor wasn’t allowing a repeat of the attack on Urog by the infamous OtO.

Daron had spent much of the week away from Brez, but when he came back he found out about this job. Daron will land safe distance away from the camp where the meeting was to take place. Then he would walk in.

Daron walks up to Vektor saying “Ah, good to see you here. I heard of the trouble and have come to help. I would gladly work with you on this job, especially after all of the hospitality I received from our tribe.”

Then to all gathered “So what do we have here?”

Daron was getting concerned with the lack of others help in this. This mission would be very dangerous alone. He had a few ideas of how to get in. But he would have to be much more stealthy than normal to do this. He wondered if the other mercs he worked with had heard of this or not.

Urog called his allies throughout the UTR. This wasn’t going to be pretty.

(ooc - Work been crazy.)

Derlur the Nomad walked into the tent, carrying a strange halberd but otherwise looking typically Brezan. “So I heard there was a problem… gems were involved. I’d like to help.”

Vektor chuckled. Urog’s call yielded 2 olgog mercs and a whole lot of slow pokes. Well, hopefully, his plan would be good enough without their help. He doubted it, but you don’t know what you can do until you set yourself to it. He sighed ruefully. Urog was wise beyond his years, and of the mightiest olgog he knew… but was it enough anymore to do what was needed? Vektor wondered if he would be any better…

“So, the primary purpose of this gathering and forray will be to get Yaog. I don’t much care for the bounty, so you both can fight for it if you choose. I just want Yaog out of the picture, as Earthers have been known to say. The secondary purpose is to confront King Onrongol. I’d like to kill him, if I can. Mostly because going after the Brezan Central Station was brilliant and I wish I thought of it myself.” Vektor felt his anger flaring. He pulled out some Urya, lit it, and took a long powerful puff before exhaling. He offered it to Daron, his guest, first.

“Finally, if we can avoid destroying the entire structure, that would be nice. I’d like to take it for our uses. That doesn’t sound too hard, does it? We only have to make our way there undetected, take out an entire gang defending it, and then kill two highly skilled Olgog. So easy, even a puny tla’loc’al olgog can do it, right?!?” He laughed, knowing the other two olgog were large and likely not of tla’loc’al descent.

Derlur shrugged. He did not like the power hungry nature of these Brezans. They often upset the Balance. But something about gem piqued his interest. The only way he’d find out who made the offer would be to be able to collect the bounty. Or be present when the winner received it. Of course, he couldn’t tell anyone that.

Derlur looked over to Daron. “Job comes firs’. Imma willin’ to do wut it takes. Ain’t no use fightin if we jus’ gonna die anyway.”

He looked at Vektor, an impressive olgog in his own right. What kind of olgog would Vektor give his servitude to?? Another mystery to be solved.

“Rumor has it in dese parts that da central station be haunted. Kreachers of de dark n’ such. Thankfully, I bring ur’sa. That ought ta 'elp!” Derlur summoned Light Leyas, to emphasize his point. “It be hard fer tor’or when dere be ur’sa e’erywhere!” He laughed under his breath, amused with his own wit.

“Dat be said, we can approach da stayshun (station) by using tor’or. Doh us Brezans be good at tor’or, we get there, I destroy all tor’or using ur’sa’tor, and then we be surrounded by Ur Rhug.”

Vektor laughed. “Actually, that’s not a bad idea. But I can do you one better, my poorly spoken friend. I can bring a somewhat sizable force. But most of that force will be a distraction. That ought to help. They won’t be our gang members. We can make them look like another gang or other raiders. That ought to help. They’re expecting my gang to come, so it be best they don’t see us coming.”

“So we appear in a flash, fine. Once we’re in, it’s a walking death trap. I can have my gog summon creatures to scout for us, letting us know when we encounter gor. But we’re going to have to find a way to defeat them. It’s a lot to go through, and I’d like not to have to bring a small army.”

Daron says "Derlur, you can have the gem if you would teach me ur’sa’tor. And Vektor, I do this also to help your tribe, who has been a good host to me. Hopefully that can continue.

To the mission. Hallways are pretty easy for me to clear as long as I have backup. My ranged attacks are pretty strong.

I was thinking about going through the floors and ceilings to make our way down, while the rest of the gogs distract and draw the attention away from where our smaller group goes in. We still would want a summoner or 2 with us in our small group. I could either cut through the floors with my Claws, burn through with Acid, or someone can tunnel a whole for us. But we should be able to keep that part quiet enough as long as the guards are distracted.

Once in the building the ur’sa’tor, as long as we are not in a great big section, could be used to draw out possible attackers."

Vektor nodded, impressed with the simplistic nature of Daron’s plan. Get in, bust through, kill the subject. Of course, he’d still have to fight his way out, but if killed the Goblin King, all Vektor would have to do is carry it around to avoid fighting the rest. But that would mean he would have to actually kill the other olgog.

“Ok, we can avoid most of the defenders that way. What about those guarding the meeting, and those in the meeting? I’d guess about 50. I don’t want to have to take more than 20 on this trip, lest it turn into a blood bath. So attacking from far, I got that much, but how do we get around the rest?”

Daron says "Guards on the move are always the easiest targets, if we can cover their way in or escape route, that might be an option. But if we miss them, then we miss them.

I think for the final part, if we choose not to do the ambush, is a snatch and go. This is not one of my strengths though, especailly underground."

Derlur chuckled, “I mite ‘ave me sum friends that cud come by an’ give us a hand. Not sure tho… May not make it in time. But they make it, we may ‘ave a chance to lick dis here an’ make it a party!” Derlur laughed, wondering if anyone understood a thing he was saying. Amusingly enough, he didn’t care.

“So wat I say, an’ I do say I do say, is dat we be chasin’ dem defenders. We go in dere. If my friend come, he can go first. If not, then me. We use Ur’sa’or, get rid of shadows. No be hidin’ from us! Daron, you attack 'em from afar if yer such a good shot. Then as many of us that can make the rest blinded with light. Disorient 'em good. Make 'em easy pickins, like a lame olgog walking alone in Brez when it’s dark. If my buddy comes, he can get close, draw their attention. If he do, they’ll attack him from close, and he’ll swipe through them like a sharp knife thru an Eather pup’s flesh.” He looked up, wondering if he went too far with his description. “Errr… I mean like a sharp knife through soft cactus.”

He chuckled once or twice, uncomfortably, before continuing, “So we go thruuuu the first floor, movin’ an’ shakin’. Vektor, your gang can make ‘em slip ‘n slide, I’ll use der’or, and we can take ‘em down easy. When they start packin’ in, and start fightin’ good, we’ll need a diff’ren tactic. Tha’s when we can use my buddy’s ability to bring us togedder. I know it do be soundin’ weird, but it makes using de Leyas strong. It’ll give us an advantage in our fight. My final trick, well, will be to scare’em a bit, enuff to give us dat dere some breeddin’ room.”

At the eleventh hour (or really 3:23 am, after getting overnight hours), one of the Venerable Tribe of Yagogi’al the Og’ab, came huffing and puffing to the tents of Uf Mag’og. The gang was the kindest of hosts at this very moment, providing the wary traveler with water and time to catch his breathe, after just a little while the olgog began…

“Many thanks for your generosity, and Master Yagogi’al sends his regards. He would have wished to be here himself, but with some much going on the tribe is fractured and many actions and plans are taking place at the same time. I have come running from the lands of Tla’Loc’al to delivery my words. I wish to help in these endeavors, and their are others that will be joining in route. I was captured and tortured by the Kolgul Militia; I want in on whatever Yoag has coming to him. I am but a tribal, and will assist by whatever means necessary to accomplish the end goals.”

When Derlur turned around to greet the newcomer, his friends followed suit. Kokiyo first, a large female olgog, followed by a strange looking male Bastard named Thrush, a blond-haired, green eyed earther with olive colored skin named Smith, and a female copper-haired K’iou named Ferrou.

Derlur got up and ran over to greet them all and introduced them to the group. “Well, dat be dat. So de final bit o’ de plan.” Derlur didn’t bother telling his friends what his purpose was and just ran the plan. “So we divide ‘n conquer. Kikiyo is good at making sure others pay for hitting her. An’ she be havin’ dis.” He tosses her his chimera-claw halberd. “She can be up front. Won be as obvious as dem.” He pointed to the Earther, the K’iou, and the Bastard. They looked hurt for being pointed out, but didn’t say anything. “Thrush be da one we gonna use to make our Leyas have more og.” He looked at his tent-mates, “Make shurr you list’n when he talk.” Thrush immediately looked better and smiled again.

Derlur then pointed to Vektor, “You be impor’an, so Ferrou will be covering you. If she fall, don’ worry, we’ll take care of her. Jus’ make shurr you keep goin’.” He then looked at Smith, “Smith, sit with the middle of the pack. If we get run down, keep us together. If we find tings dat go bump in da night, take care o’ dem.”

He looked at those gathered, “I feel bedder 'bout dis already.” He laughed loud. His friends looked at him oddly. He shrugged, and make preparations. (When the time came, he would take his friends out of the tent and bring them up to speed regarding the plan).

Vektor nodded at his brethren from yagogi’s tribe. He did not get a chance to speak his mind when the strange friends of the strange Brezan merc came in. He understood less and less of what was going on, but didn’t question it. 5 bodies were 5 bodies.

He looked at the tribesman of Yagogi’al, “You are welcomed. If we can make it so that you can kill the militiagog, we will make it so.”

He looked over to Derlur and paused. He had no idea what to say to him. Finally, “thank you. If we succeed, we’ll welcome you and friends among us, just like Daron.”

Vektor then brought Yagogi’als tribesman up to the present, then made ready to leave. “So we’re going in, follow my lead. We’ll be making our way down, and then try to sneak past everyone once we get close.” He nodded, gave everyone provisions, then walked out the tent.