The path Or'Lur walks

Uf’ogmak slowly woke. He was laying on a mat he knew, in a cave he knew. When he smelled the sent of burning fungi he knew where he was. Opening his eyes he saw Glog and Ka’lal sitting as they had for so long on the nights he had gone out drinking.

“Master you ha…” Glog raised his hand and silenced the young gog. When Urog’na came in and sat next to him he finaly spoke.

“I have already been informed of what has happened while I was… gone. And there are things that must be dealt with. Uf,” Glog said drawing all atention to him, “You have been a good student and a strong warrior. And though you can hold more then others you have a problem with the drink. For if you had been sober when you were sent to Emerald you would have known that you were there to sit learn and if need be kill. Not steal everything then cause a giant explosion!” Uf’ogmak flinched as Glog yelled at him.

“You have learned much and have some work outside the tribe, but now we must work on you. Until the Elders say other wise you are now confined to your camber under gaurd until you no longer need the alchahal that has brought so mutch trouble to our tribe.” Uf’ogmak cried as Glog told him his punishment. He knew he had a problem, but he just didn’t know what to do. Glog’s voice softened as he continued, “I care for you like a son, so I say go fight what ever darkness that makes you seek the drink and deal with it. I do not wish to lose you to it.” With that Uf’ogmak was draged away to his sleeping chamber.

“I hope he can over come this.” Ka’lal said sadly.

“With our help he will defeat this darkness. You on the other hand have a problem just as bad.” Ka’lal looked at Glog questioningly.

“What do you mean Master?”

“You went before the Thunder Gods and asked that they give you a curse so that you could help me. While this is a great sign of loyalty. You Would have cursed your soul to a fate worse then you could image. For this you will spend same amount of time as Uf’ogmak farming and looking for these ways to help as they told you. Like him you are like my son, do not make us suffer because you were rash and did not think.”

Ka’lal bowed and left, leaving Glog and Urog’na. The two sat in silence for a while before she said, “I am sorry I lashed out at the council when you were taken. I should not have made sutch a vow in a time of anger.”

Glog smiled a sad smile and said, “It was bound to happen. Though I do not like how it happened I knew it would come to this.”

“What will you do now?” she asked her voice filled with fear.

" I will meet with “the Auf” and talk with him. We brought togeather the start of this group, now we must deal with what we made." Urog’na nodded sad to see the pain it caused her Mate.

That day a messenger was sent to Ol’Lur asking that “the Auf” and only him meet with a member of Or’Lur at a time best for the priest.

“How goes the building of the other Caves for the Darmag?” Glog asked one of the youths as they all sat around small fires eating their mid day meals.

“They will be finished soon Elder. As we are not allowed to use Leyas it is going much slower then it should.”

“We want it to be as non threatening as we can. Try using water to cut the stone. That should help speed up the time.”

Several of the youth nodded then started talking of ways to use the water to make the caves more decorative and comfortable for their future guests.

Glog returned with from the meeting with Auf Ur’sa and thought long and hard on the words she said. "A desire to protect what you already have often leads to bad decisions and avoidance of new experiences. Nothing we carry with us in this world we get to keep. All we keep are the stories we tell, the relationships we form, and the feelings evoked by the people who care about us.” He felt something in him shift. Suddenly all the tribe members that were in the same area stared wide eyed at Glog. He looked to either side of him and say the tips of a pair of Darmag wings that matched the color of his fur. He also noticed the cup he had been using had spilled but not left his hand. Sighing he left the common area of the caves to meditate and control the advances in shape shifting that he has made.

(The reward for that mission advances Glog’s Shape shifting from 3 to 4)

Lok’Uf’Tor stood before the ten warriors who had asked to meet.

“What did you wish to talk about?” she asked concerned by the nervous twitching of the group.

“Elder,” one of the Ur Kug started before finding they could not continue.

“We are aware Elder Glog has taken the trouble making Ur Rhugs and is training them to be a land melee team.” a merc said.

“We were thinking is, there a way we could work on warriors for water and sky battle?”

Lok’Uf’Tor glared at the warriors. She did not like such thinking, nor did she like some of the other changes that were going on. She did admit how ever that they were right and that both were areas where the Tribe was weak.

“Start by getting the Mercs so they can freely use the Leyas then we will talk. But not before Glog returns.”

“So Glog, what should we do?” Tla’Hob asked. Four of Or’Lurs Elders sat, talking about the issue brought up by the group that had approached Lok’Uf’Tor.

“I have thought on this. I will make ten artifacts so that the Ur Kug can be our water forces, and the Mercs can be our air forces. I will of course have to wait then train the Ur Kug how to use their second eye lids.”

Rapi’Lal nodded as did Tla’Hob. Lok’Uf’Tor did not looked pleased.

“We already have the other tribes thinking we are thieves because of you and your apprentice, now you want to make us all look like shape shifters. This will not go well.”

“We are not shifters in the since that we take over the lives of others. We change to fight, not to control.”

and so the argument went on through out the night. In the end they all agree that while it is not the best plan, it is all they have left.

Urog’na sighed as she looked at the 600 new members of the tribe. As 500 of them were masters of Earth Leyas, it was easy to expand into one of the mountains that lined Lake Ruil. The problem lay in how to deal with the waist produced by the large influx of gogs. For now they are collecting it in a pit several levels from where anyone lives, collected by the meddle pipes she, and the 20 that showed interest in meddle crafting, had forged in a rush until they could take the time to properly learn the craft.

The waist, stored and totally contained by the Leyas, will remain as such until the Aufgogs could find ways to cleanse it, to be used in growing the food needed to feed so many.

Six hundred members make a lot of waste in a week, and as the reports came in from the pits already four pits had been filled with fecal matters. At this rate, they would need an entire extra cave system to store the waste.

The Aufgogs also wondered why the strange gasses building up in the pits are making the workgogs sick. (lack of scientific knowledge of breakdown of waste compounds). They have been treating each case of illness, but no disease seems to be the cause. Some of the more superstitious tribals have begun calling it the Miasma of the Pits.

Those who were ill from the pits acted like those that forgot or could not cleanse the air around the Darmag caves. With this in mind the Auf’gogs made Darmag statues to guard the entrances to the pits, and bone necklaces all artificed with purify air.

Glog stood at one of the tribes sentry points of the mountain they had started to build into. While he was not required to take a watch he did so in order to get away from the noise in the caves and the troubles of feeding so many gogs. As he shifted in his seat, he looked down and noticed a ring made of the wood, obsidian, stone, and bone. It was big enough to fit two of his fingers through, but it was crude and rough at the joints.

He remembered the days when he made such rings while on watch. It helped ease the long hours spent watching for trouble and waiting for combat. It was a ring used by the Aufgogs to teach the children and others the ways of the totems. As he looked at it he suddenly saw the faces of his students, his mate, and himself aligning with each of the four totems.

Ka’lal was wood, young and quick to learn.
Urog’na was obsidian, passionate and strong.
Uf’ogmak was stone, steadfast and stubborn
He was bone, oldest and wisest.

As he saw this he remembered the gifts and tools given to them by those they have worked with.

Later that night, at the last meal of the day, Glog, his mate, and both of his students all sat around a fire away from the rest of the tribe.

“Tonight I am giving you both a gift and a challenge. I am giving you both a weapon I want you to master and Material to make your own gear. I also want you to study your Totem with the Aufgogs.”

Ka’lal gets A Heavy Crossbow, and a 5ft x 5ft sheet of Dragonscale
Uf’ogmak gets the Krato Mason’s Belt and the dismembered Armorfiend juvenile.(IGD mission reward).
Ur’ogna was given the Hellforged Spear, and the idea of trying to work obsidian into meddle armor.

As the three work on that Glog will work with his axe and learning how to shoot one of the war bows. If he can collect bones later he will make a suit of armor.

One day one of the young workers in the pits felt ill, as he felt this illness come over him he tried to use fire Leyas to cleans the air. As the fire met the gas made by the waste it exploded. The whole mountain shook from the explosion. Later on, as the tribe tried to find what caused the explosion, they came across the chard remains of the young olgog. Thankfully the illness of the workers had caused the Aufgogs to require the workers to leave a toe in the main part of the cave.

When the workers were brought back everyone asked “What caused the explosion?” Eventual the young olgog told them of his attempt to cleans the sickness with fire. With this new knowledge that the air from the caves could burn like wood Urog’na worked with the other Smith and their twenty students to channel the air into the forge, while not causing another explosion. They hoped that with this new fuel for their fires they could work more medal and make better items for everyday use and for combat.

A single forge in the depths of the Or’Lur caves was now at a sufficient heat to begin the forging of metal weapons and armor. However the raw materials will be needed to begin such a larger undertaking. With the gas from the sanitation caves now being rerouted using the Leyas to the single forge, the Or’Lur could now cast iron and cast bronze. Steel techniques are still beyond them (unless a Rehsedian Smith is present).

Hoblur’zh and Urog’na, both of whom were great smiths in their own right, worked together to teach the twenty students to use the new forge. It was much better then the forge they had made before. The fire hotter, the tools cleaner. This was the forge they needed to make their tribe standout for more then their mistakes.

(both are Rehsedian Smith working to teach 20 of the Ar’yay’s Olgogs.)

The introduction of the Alchemist device was one of the best things for the tribe. Now the smiths had the metal they needed to work their craft, but it came with a strange type of cloth attached to it. This cloth was set aside and examined. While it is true they could have just sown them together and left it at that, they did not see the refinement that the Earthers or other races had in their cloth works. Instead the Elders tried to see if the Leyas would help them to unravel the silk ribbons, then use the threads to weave fine cloths that showed the pride, intelligence, history, and culture of the Olgog race.