The Legend of Darmaglok

Contributed by Jay Stewart

Eru’Khaz’s and “The Auf”'s time spent studying the Golems was not wasted. As they watched the strange golems they noticed that like the Balgogs they seemed to be hosts for summoned elemental spirits. The wood Golems held water spirits which meant that burning it was going to take a lot of power, while the stone golems held Earth spirits which also meant that changing the earth was not a good idea. Both also noticed several bones in the area that had remnants of air Leyas, but it looks like whatever was started was interrupted by Nightmares or some other threat.
Still they planned together to attack, but before they could act, they saw Uruf come out throwing acid. A few of the Nightmares were hit and were turned into puddles. The acid that missed the Nightmares hit the Golems causing the Wood Golems that it hit to dissolve causing the spirits that had inhabited them to return to their realm, the Stone Golems were unaffected. After that first surprise attack he used the Leyas to bend the limbs of a few of the Wood Golems so that they were so twisted that they could not move.
“Well that solves some of our problems.” Eru’Khaz said.
“The Auf” nodded as he sent his own acid at the Wood Golems. Right as Eru’Khaz started to glow from the Light leyas he was channeling, to deal with the Nightmares, a giant avian Nightmare came crashing into the area.
Atop the creature was an Olgog. The warrior created a Nightmare that looked like a Talon Bat and used it and his mount to scatter the gathered Nightmares. About one quarter of the Stone Golems were destroyed by the stampede that followed his actions.
Just as everyone turned to try and tackle the eight remaining golem, a beam fired from the same direction that Uruf had come from. Looking over, everyone was surprised to see the undead Nameless Finality, from Unit 817, wrapped in a cloak and carrying a Magi cannon. He just sat upon his undead horse, smiling as he fired again and again at the Stone Golems. Each shot taking out two Golems and maiming another.
Nameless Finality made swift work of the Golems, causing everyone to wonder just how smart Or’Lur’s former Elders really were if this was the best they could come up with to guard a frozen cave.
After “the Auf” had set up a ward against Nightmares (which really irked Mag’Nrs to no end) he and Eru’Khaz worked together to melt the ice while the others wait to help Darmaglok. Once he was freed “the Auf” instantly worked on resurrecting him while Uruf stood close by hoping to study the sword.

As everyone was about to talk about how to get back to their homes without drawing Nightmares back with them, a large craft came floating over the mountains. An Olgog came climbing down a rope and said “The crew of Hindengog 07 are here to get everyone home if they would like.”
As they travel Darmaglok told them the story of how his father, a wanderer of the North, had met his mother and he was born.
“Years later a Darmag came to our settlement. My uncle thought it was there to attack us, but it turned out to be my father. He had returned to see my mother, but also because another Darmag was in the area that was trying to take over the territory. It turned out that we were so safe because my father had taken us under his rule and the other Darmag would not attack us while he was in control. With his guidance we were able to keep the intruder away, but I started to take on the traits of my father’s people.”

Darmaglok told of many changes that he went through, even telling of the time he stole a relic from another group in the area. “So far my changes have stopped, but it is not pleasant. Though I am calm and controlled right now, there is another Ol inside of me, the Ol of a Darmag. This is what caused so many problems for me in my life, but it took a long time for me to be able to talk with my other half that I had no reason other than to think I was not well in my head no matter what the Healers said.”

:cool::Rewards::cool:

All Warriors gain Way Through The Glacial Wastes. Darmaglok is grateful for their help in freeing him, as such he has offered the Mercs and tribe members a place where they are welcome if they find themselves in the Glacial wastes.

Rhug’na’ru gains This Hindengog gains Dragonhide Armor +10 VAR to this vehicle.

Kolgol and Ol’Lur gain Eru’Khaz and “The Auf” gain Growth of the Balgogs. They also get the design of the three new types of Balgog (or whatever they choose to name their new finds), and these three types are untainted by Kalok’s Fell Influence.

UNIT 817 gains Nameless Finality gains the title of Golem Basher and gains a +2 bonus to hit and dodge against Golems and Automatons

Sir Mag’Nrs
gains unique heritage. He is now a Darmag’ol (Olgog) level 1.

Bladed Sun gains Uruf binds a Leyas Compass to the Sword of Darmaglok. This may be used in future missions to track down the Great Mag’ol of the Glacial Wastes

:New Hybrid Race:
Darmag’ol
A Sub race of any speaking race. They are the children of a shapeshifted Dragon and any of the speaking races, Go through 3 Stages of life before reaching full growth. (10 points per level)
1.) Youth- about fifty to a hundred years long and is spent as the same race as the Non-Dragon parent. They have an easier time with the Leyas Element of their Dragon Parent (+1 bonus to Leyas Rolls with the chosen Elemental Leyas). Also have the ability of Dragon’s tongue (Can speak Dragon Language, Aegelis Language, and Quall, Neliff and Flayer language.)
2.) Rebel- In this stage the Dragon half has created a separate mind that takes control at random times (T# 8 will to prevent a takeover). However when the Dragon Mind takes over the character is immune to Mind Control. The Dragon Ol, must make a Will test to protect any of the characters normal allies or anyone who is not also a Darmag’ol, Borvian Dragon, Mag Daron or a Dragon.
3.) Adult- The two minds now live in harmony. They also gain a Dragon form equal in stats to the standard dragon in the core book. It takes one attack to switch between forms. Must be the same element type of wyrm that they selected with level 1