The Inquisitor's questioning of Lurtor

"I find it interesting that so many groups in the Goblin Lands have flocked to join the Earther colonies. I wonder, if this decision was out of genuine desire, or if it was a way to replace the security lost when the Lost Colonies pulled their protection.

Lurtor says "The VoVF’s protection was timely, but was never the end goal. The lost colonies laws still only treated Olgogs as indangered animals. Though I do think the Brothers meant well, but their standards were high even for that level of protection. It would have been nice if all could have stopped stopped fighting right away, but that didn’t happen. Maybe one days those connections will happen again.

But the lost of the protection had little to do with the rush to join the colonies as you put it. Right or wrong, Olgogs are not as afraid of you Oners. If you were to invade any, I expect you would see a response from all of the nations, tribes, and races. You and yours have been the reason for all to unite with your quest of extermination. Rather Ironic.

This is not meant to be insulting, but hopefully it will let you know how your actions are viewed. Many consider the Church of One to be as evil or worst than the Warmongers forces, or to be working for them. "

Lurtor did know how the church was started, but he would not bring that up. He assumed this one knew something of it, but didn’t want to anger him. Lurtor knew this thing heard his questions, but never responded. While he was giving general knowledge answers, he wonders if the Oner never thought of these points.

Lurtor says “so will you tell me who it is I’m talking to?”

The Inquisitor cocks his head to the side, "You seem to consider the entire Church of One to be a single entity, it is interesting that you consider your bigoted views as non insulting. If I were to show you videos of your kind slaughtering unarmed civilians and tell you that it inspires hate from people. Would you agree to group your entire species into the guilty party? Of course you wouldn’t, that would be silly, but perhaps you could see how one could have that viewpoint. Many consider your kind to be some of the greatest evil in the world, and there are plenty of cases one can show to justify that view point. So can I see how some of your kind might see the Church as the greatest evil in the world? Yes I can, but the opposite is true as well.

As to who you are speaking to, you are talking to me.

Back on topic, The Greater Unen Syndicate, a collection of fishermen and pirates, do you believe they could be a volatile group that would endanger peace with their raiding? If peace were declared today would they stop their piracy?"

Lurtor says "I don’t count all Earthers as evil due to your organization, the Church of Ones actions evil. Individuals can be evil to. But The Church of One as a organization is evil because it pushes for the slaughter of Olgogs and other earthers as policy. Most Olgog organizations do not have that same policy. And if they did, I would count them as evil if they wanted to kill all earthers for just being earthis. Its not rasisim, but what ever you call hatred of an organization. The Church of one is the one that Preaches racisim. At least those of your organization that let out into our lands here.

GUSTS actions depends on how you make peace and if they view it as peace with them. They do not touch allies ships."

Lurtor opened his senses to see if this oner has been possessed. Lurtor was starting to think that if the Oners could, they would execute this one as a traitor. But he has a grand plan… just don’t know what it is yet.

(OOC Lurtor has path of the Redeemer lvl 1, so he can sense Larvas and stuff).

Lutor says “what is your plan with the information I have given you? Do you plan to find peace without killing everyone first? I doubt that, but we have already noted that I’m jaded against the church of one.”

(OK, bad guy can reveal his master plan to me in full detail… it happens I see it in the movies all the time :-p j/k)

(The Inquisitor is not possessed nor does he have a Larva inside of him)

The Inquisitor walks toward the window and gazes out, “My plans huh? Perhaps I could tell you everything, however why would this time be different from the others? Will speaking it out loud change anything? Perhaps, perhaps not. Anyway there is a large tribe that was recently attacked by giants, a tribe of Rehsed, they are separate from your alliances. Perhaps you can tell me about them?”

Lurtor says “I personally have not had much interaction with them, but they are great crafters. But there is not much to tell as they keep to themselves. I have seen them fight though, they are strong.”

Lurtor did know more, but as he didn’t realize yet what this oner would do with the information.

Lurtor says “Different? Change has been happening all around. Now if anytime is the time to try for change…”

(OOC sorry for the delay)

“Change is in the air, we are heading toward a time of great upheaval and we must be prepared.” The Inquisitor replied. “The pieces are almost in place, soon… We have been patient, it has been a difficult time I must say. However we must do what is necessary for the good of the future.”

The Inquisitor approaching Lutor, “What do you know about the inner workings of the VLAD organization? I wish to know about the current leadership, and the previous.”

Lutor says “I don’t know many specifics of previous or current VLAD leadership. Smart, great and powerful, but from the shadows is my best guess. One impressive thing with VLAD is that is the most many know if they know that VLAD exists. They complete their tasks without notice, Genocide and/or mass destruction.”

Lurtor did know the current leadership but never met the “Old VLAD”, That was before his time. Also being an undercover agent, he actually spent very little time in contact with other VLAD agents. For this inquisitor to be asking about so many groups, he is fishing for a wide range of information, but not details. his answers might not been as safe as he thought if this inquisitor doesn’t know the general information like he thought he did.

Lurtor continues "You are talking like the Ends justify the means. This is always a pitfall and wrong. From the sounds of it, you are going to commit a crime against all living to create this good future. Ends Justify the means only benefits the warmonger, one of the greater evils of all time.

(OOC So his statement above is true, though only a half truth. He has seen the leaders, though the player doesn’t remember all the names. He has not had much personal time with any, though he has been on a mission with some higher ups. Aka, doesn’t know many specifics, though he does know a few.)

The Inquisitor stood before Lurtor for a few moments before responding "Thinking that one can change the world without harm is naive, great change can only be achieved through great sacrifice. The best you can do is try to minimize the cost…or at least choose who pays the cost. Take VLAD for example, would you be surprised to know that a sizable amount of their funding comes from smuggling operations? The current leadership butchered quite a few members of the black market so they could corner the trade in illegal art dealing. They also were involved in a nuclear attack upon the Northern Kingdom of Tal Hanon, I believe that counts as Mass Destruction. If you believe that your organization doesn’t have blood on their hands then perhaps you are more foolish then even I believe.

Do you find this round of questioning to be odd? We you expecting a swift execution? Torture perhaps? Do you find my questions to be odd?"

Lurtor says "I did not know about the nuke actually. I was busy elsewhere at the time. I will have to find out more about that. I do know that no one is a perfect good guy. But I guess I choose the lesser of many evils…

I did figure on Torture and a long untimely death was your plan. I still expect that is part of your end plan for me. If its not, I’m not sure if that is good. Depends on what your plan is.

I do find it odd with your generic questions, and not pushing for more detail. Unless you have another way to get information out of me that I’m not aware. Or you are just confirming something you already know, or seeing if you can gain any last minute detail for you big plan. A detail I think is of no importance, but might add to your picture.

But you have been a very puzzling puzzle with your armor, weapons, voice, actions, and questions. Especially after I saw your display and that dagger did not break through your armor."

(OOC as a player, I’ve figured there could be some mind reading which is why I was stating what Lurtor actually knew in his head. As a character, Lurtor has very little clue to how the extra information, if any, was taken.)

The Inquisitor shook his head “Simple torture and killing I got out of my system a while ago. I won’t deny that I enjoyed it, however after a while you need to take a break from play time and get some work done. I have been trying a new method of questioning each time, to see the reaction. It has been fascinating, my report on the times we have spent together will make an interesting read to those with the clearance to read it.”

The Inquisitor went back to his desk and sat down, “My armor is custom designed by myself, when you have lived as long as I have you need to fill the time with something, studying technical manuals is something I have always enjoyed. Made me a bit of an odd one as a child considering that I wasn’t an immutable, however you would be surprised how much you can do when you understand something completely. As for your dagger, nasty weapon that is, it actually did cut through my chest piece and damaged some of my systems, thankfully I am built to last and the damage was repaired.”

The Inquisitor puts his left hand to the side of his head and mumbles something. After a couple of moments the door opens and a Paladin enters the room and waits. The Inquisitor gestures to Lurtor and the Paladin walks to him and draws his weapon which he points at Lurtor and gestures him to get up. The Inquisitor continues, “I think it is time for me to let you in on one of my biggest secrets. We have made a lot of progress today and I think we can take a break for now. I wish to show you something if you are willing to see it, I promise that you will find it fascinating indeed.”

Lurtor says “I’m a captive audience and I am curious. What is it you want to show me?”

As Lurtor says this, he gets up. Lurtor kind of hoped that the face of this inquisitor or his name would be revealed.