The Great 'Uf Planning thread

((OOC: Setting this one up so we can start planning missions for the great Uf. Instincts tell me we will do more harm than good if we all act on our own. This thread is totally open to anyone taking part in the Great Uf story arc, and any follow ups. Lord Grimaldus you are not invited to join our discussion, nobody likes you.)

Dargor of Kag’Tla had come alone. He was charged to help the tribal council scout out the hairless threat. He personally didn’t agree with Mama Rapi’gog. The Bruskti were shunned for good reason, but her wisdom had seen the family grow and prosper. He thought fondly of his new daughter. He had wanted to bring her, show her how to be a true Bruskt, but Mama Rapigog had ruled against it. The mission was too dangerous, but any gear he pillaged he could give his wee one first before offering to the family.

He was dressed in black nightmare hide armor that resembled shark skin to the touch and made him smell slightly of fish. his fur was died a dark shade of green with hints of black. He wore a purple bandana artificed with shadow leyas to protect him against energy attacks. His trusty springshot, an Uth shot and part of a trade that armed the family well, was at his side, as was his serrated and ragged cutlass. In his pack smoked fish, precious water, and a cloak, balaclava, and a pair of tinted goggles that he won from an Unen Pirate in a game of dice.

he waited for the others, “Go as a group so you don’t trip over he each other. You a pretty boy Dargor, don’t ruin it with a hoof mark on yer face.” Mama Rapigog had told him.

With Vektor currently busy at the mines, Goblin King Urog sent his third in command, Rhug’ab, to speak with the Bruskti family. Urog didn’t trust the Bruskti, but he didn’t have the luxury of picking friends and allies. Brez was too hard a place for that. He took another Elder, 5 Ur Rhugs, and 5 Tribesman. The Elders wore more complete scavanged armor. Otherwise, they looked the same: big, battlehardened, and unhospitable. They stood out as Brezans.

“We are the Gang of the Uf Mag’og. I am Rhug’ab. I stand in the place of the Goblin King Urog. We’ve come to kill stupid Earthers.”

“It a good ting to want the hairless dead. But that ain’t da ting the Chief Gu’al want.” Dargor noted. “I be Dargor of Kag’Tla. It be good to meet ya. First ting we need to do is find out who they be, how many skewers they carry. Find out if this be a trap to lure in Foolish gog.”

He took out a bottle of a harsh smelling liquor and offered it to the group. “You be mag to me. Mama rapigog tell me to trust dee elders, they know more of making wars than a sky pirate like me. You say we kill da hairless then I kill so many hairless it make an oasis of there blood.”

“I can use da shadows. I can spook their mounts, I can make guards see shadows and they go check them out and find nothing, I can make da shadows hide you, I can create dargor to attack da camp.”

((OOC: Your rodeo, the mission says each tribe can only send 3 and its a scouting mission. I have shadow lv 3 or 4 not exactly sure. I’ll let all the factions that send elders figure out the best plan of action))

Rhug’ab made no expression while Dargor spoke. That’s a terrible idea, he thought to himself. “You can’t fight an enemy you know nothing about.” He kept the word genious to himself. It would have sounded threatening, and there’s no need to pick a fight here. This isn’t Brez, you can’t kill their leader and take their men.

“We need to sneak into the dust cloud without anyone seeing us. Using Tor’or is good for making sure scouts don’t see us. If we’re too obvious, they’ll spook on principle alone and sound the alarm.”

“It be as you say then.” Dargor said, “You want us to wait for more tribes or you want us to act now?”

((OOC: You want me to just use shadow leyas to aid your scouts only or tag along for the fun? Also when do you want to post RW time?))

The Dead was not sure why the captain had chosen him for this patrol, but he was determined to do his best.

Entering the meeting place, he nodded to the others there. "Greetings from the Shield of the Redeemer. We have been sent to aid you in your mission to scout the earther formation. How may we be of assistance? "

“Greetings Shield of the Redeemer. I am Rhug’ab”, he said deadpanned. “That’s Dargor,” he said, gesturing to the cursed Olgog. Rhug’ab looked at all the grey-fur before him. Cursed and Grey-furs were not his idea of good companions. If Urog’s guest knew of this, chances are he’d kill everyone. But until the K’iorn did, Rhug’ab’s plans would not change.

“We don’t know anything about the Earther formation. We have to get passed their patrols and get into the dustcloud without being seen. Dargor mentioned using Tor’or to distract the Earthers and sneak past the patrols. As plans go, it sucks. I’ve got nothing better to add. What do you think?”

“Grey fur, it be good to meet you.” Dargor said, “I be Bruskti, I make the Tor do my tinks.” He stated proudly. “If we had other Ur then we can use them together to sneak better. If we had lalhob’or we could use it to sneak through the ground and come up where we need to be. If we had Der’or we be a breeze and float in to see da tings we need to see. If we had Ka’or we make them see small camp fires like a merchant, they go investigate find nothing, but while they gone we do the tings we need.”

2 Tribesman (standard) (Dolon and Gulon) of Herd of Auf Lal’ al arrived dressed ready for scouting is desert colors. Dolon introduced themselves by saying “I’m Dolon and this is Gulon. We were sent by Lalder to assist in scouting out this danger. We are good trackers and know how to cover our own tracks while moving without being seen. We have the basics of most of the leyas.”

Gulon continue “We may not be able to take on a paladin in direct combat by ourselves. But we can assist if needed.” (OCC, each has leyas elemental abilities at lvl 1 (lightning sw, fire sw, etc for weapons)

(OCC, sorry for the late post, I’m busy studying for a test and haven’t had too much time.)

“At this time, we probably should try to keep from getting involved in open conflict twith the earther forces. if we can have some aid from your forces to distract their outriders, we could hide ourselves along their path of travel and observe them. The easiest way we see is for us to make a series of stone cairns along their route. With your help, we can conceal myself and my two allies within 3 of the cairns. As the enemy passes we can observe them. but we will need multiople carins so that the enemy does not suspect which we are in.
How does this sound to you?” stated the Dead.

“Shield of the Redeemer, that’s the best damn idea I heard all day. Dargor, have your troops hide in the shadows of those cairns. If the hidden troops get attacked, use the shadows to escape. Shield, make sure you can actually see what’s beyond your cairn. Make the openings in such a way that you can survey each other as well as different angles of the oncoming forces. Dolan and Gulan, if you can walk without being seen, find a way to hide in the desert and walk your way into the Earther force without being seen. Don’t get seen. In the meantime, I’ll scout the rear using Stalkers.” Rhug’ab paused. “Any thoughts?”

“Troops?” Dargor said quizzically, “Honorable elder, da family be small. Dargor be the only one one da family can spare.”

((OOC: Who has earth leyas powerful enough to make the Cairns? I can def hide in the shadows and use that.))

Rhug’ab sighed. “Fair enough, Dargor, then you alone will hide. Help the Shield of the Redeemer gog build the cairns.” Turning to the greyfurs he continued, “Two my folk will assist you by bringing you the stones required to build the cairn. Our Stalkers will burrow down a bit as well, so the cairns don’t have to stand so high. It’ll also give you someplace to duck into in case the Earthers choose to destroy the cairn as they pass. Once my folk are done, they’ll then hide and join me in the rear.”

(ooc - don’t ask questions ooc, ask them in-game :wink: )

“As you say, honorable elder. We go now or we wait for more help?” Dargor asked.

Dolon nodded, saying “we can hide Olgogs along the route we expect them to go through. We will then keep our distance from the Church of One members and stick to the shadows and covering our own tracks while trailing them and keeping out of site.”

(OCC: this will need to be posted tonight. So if everyone agrees we can go with this approach.
(OCC: Sorry, I missed page 2 Bonk self I’ve edited the original post)

Rhug’ab said one last thing to all parties involved, “If you see Earthers, pretend to be scared… then run. Let them think they’re successful in scaring us off. They’ll never suspect our true intentions. See you all on the road to between Jamestown and their troops.”

The Dead nodded, “this is agreeable to us. let us proceed swiftly, less they travel too far towards their goal.”

(Ooc: i’ll post later due to work soon)

“Meet at the ‘cairns’ once all recon has been finalized and the Earthers are out of sight.”

The scouting went well, but Tla’loc’alan tribals attacked the scouts and caused the third column to be hidden.
Most of the forces are known however, and additional intel is coming from a messenger from Unit 7756.

Intel so Far: 5 Heavy Machinegun Carriages, 30 Knight Heavy Cavalry, 5 Inquisitor Tracked Bikes with shotguns, 30 Squires with Heavy Crossbows, 5 Tracked Tank, 25 Dark Bishop Power Armored Immutables. 5 Tracked Trucks with unknown forces. 3 Remaining unknown vehicles (unknown other than the fourth which the 7756 discovered is an Antaris Anti-Air platform).

–[Now open to Id’unfu’ginow , a single tribal of Unit 7756]–

Rhug’ab and his men unearthed the grey-furs from the cairns. He did a quick head count. There seemed to be more people here than the last time. Like an extra grey-fur.

“It is good to see that we all made it alive. What did we all see?” After all the members of the original planning group counted all the numbers, Rhug’ab looked to the new member of the group. “I am Rhug’ab of the Gang of the Ug Mag’og. Sorry if we hurried to share information and did not introduce ourselves. If you don’t mind my asking, who are you and do you have anything to add?”

(ooc - I dispensed with the having to recount everything in character so we can get on with things, introduce new characters and go over new problems)