The Der'al Collective

“Whoah,” said Oliver, "It seems everyone wants to violate our airspace like it was a Brezan Beauty Queen.

First off nobody violates our airspace without us first discussing why people don’t ask for permission before coming into our territory? I mean really if I showed up on Mag Buskt Island and said I’m just passing through with a military unit armed to the gills the least that would happen would I would be taken into custody and questioned for a long long time. Same if I walked into Brez like that, heck the Brezans would just attack us outright and rip my gogs limb from limb.

Any military vessel that enters our airspace will be fired upon until I’m satisfied that someone respects and understands that this is our land. Bought by the blood sweat and tears of our warriors.

The Yyan came to us and asked our permission ". Then he stopped huffing a little. He took another toot of Voho and his nostril began to bleed a little.

“You Lalyan you seem to show some good respect. You asked before sending your people into our territory.
I appreciate that. So I will consider your request. But so far nobody has shown me any proof of Neliff in our territory.
You may send in only one vehicle to drop off a team to look into this neliff matter. You bring me either a live Neliff or a dead one and then we can talk about a Joint UtR and DC eradication of these buggers.”

Oliver wiped his bloody snout and downed a flagon of Maklal liquor and did another toot of Voho.
For the other counselers the behavior of Olivers seemed increasingly erratic. For Godart it just seemed that Oliver was the warlord type who liked being treated with deference in his own lands.

Then Oliver said into the commcrystal, "The Yyan usually send a Krato representative to us when they have business with us. The Krato’s name is Ambassador Vahnan.
I don’t have a way to contact them short of sending a runner to the Cloud topped Mountains of the Yyan. But…I am not going to do so. It would take at least a week for the runner to get there. If you want you can send one of your own scouts into the feral mountains Godart, but I wouldn’t think anything come of it before those Yyan reach your position. "

Oliver took a moment to breath and said, “Godart you want to buy the rights for the airship pickup using food supplies? I might be willing to hear a few offers. Where is the food gonna be sourced none of that friend of a friend bull, especially with the Maklal’tor Gang poisoning food supplies. So where is this food coming from Godart?”

Auf Lalyan says “Thank you Oliver. We will send a group in in one Fighter to verify and bring back proof. Any Neliff brought back will be dead otherwise the gogs bringing it back would be infested by the neliff. From all of the videos, pictures, and descriptions of their hive, they are truly cruel.”

The Auf Lalyan takes out another commcrystal and says quietly into it “Tell them they are a go. They can have one fighter and if possible, bring back proof.”

(OOC looks like the new VLAD team has a ride :stuck_out_tongue: )

“… no shit about that orbit blockaded thing the Iron Republic got going on. You assume things. Cut it out.”

“As for horrible death - you assume quite a bit. Again, cut it out.”

“Could you give us some room Auf Lal-yawn or whatever your name is? I know you can’t see me but I’m holding my license to fly for ya.”

Quill adjusted his tunic of raiti silk and raised his hand to signal Dar’ab of TorLallur, "Dar’ab my friend. Does Oliver seem okay to you? He is usually more restrained.

To Godart’s commcrystal he said, “This is Quill, council of the Der’al Collective.
I wish to ask what is your purpose in trying to go to space?”

Auf Lalyan says "Whatever. If you dont want to take any of my warnings seriously, thats on you.

And if you want to reject the offer to talk about how not to get shot out of the sky, I don’t care. I will let them know its not us."

godart almost got her to admit that the carrier was also a space capable ship that has already been in orbit. she was not sure if Oliver knew about that yet.

“Heh, I’m just renting out land on Mag Buskt Island at this point. It’s not that’s guy fault I’m here so no need to blame him or Olgog the Olgog. I wouldn’t be dragging a huge town’s worth of stuff all at once if it was for some “organization” being all Gor Tor Der’ all on me because I am a Olgog.”

“The food coming from Saragosa. I got a shipping company that’d doing alright and I have the caravan that could transport it… with me.”

“Uhm, Quill. The reason I’m going to space is… I’m going to die one day. For keeps. And I want to leave something lasting to history… for us. By us.”

“Wait you are going to make us reliant on food produced by the Earthers?” Quill blurted out then squirmed a little saying , “Well I say we vote on that.”

“More power to you on that spaceship. First Olgog to design a rocket and launch into space is quite an achievement. You won’t be the first olgog astronaut but it is still a first.”

Oliver replies, “Getting a onetime payment of food for access to airspace does not put us in a reliant position.”

“The food from Earthers will be a temp thing - not for long and not forever. Saragosa has food growing technology that will buy you time to figure out how to feed… uhm… a million or so new mouths.”

“Thank you.”

Quill looked cross saying, "Listen mate I don’t like this because it makes the DC reliant on you. And I don’t know you yet.
Make a deal to provide two years of food supplies and that gives us enough time to make our own farms in the Der’al collective for the extra populace.

Then he pulled Auf Lalyan to the side and out of earshot of the comms’ said,
“Unless our friends in the UtR would offer an equal deal to deny Godart’s crew access to air support. If these Neliff are really able to infect Godart’s gang maybe it might be worth the UtRs while in food supplies.”

Oliver sat down heavy saying, “There are a lot of mouths to feed. And short of cannibalism there are few options.”

Quill poo pooed Oliver and his defeatist attitude, "You have Krato allies that could make the desert bloom. I have access to the orchards for seeds.

Don’t sell the Der’al collective short"

Oliver said, “Okay but that will take time.”

“I can get you guys self sufficient in six months. I’ll do that for free because for you guys because you been pretty understanding and polite. Unlike some other “organization”. And, I don’t like seeing anyone starve. Anyhow, I’m going to get out of these lands with all my people alive-ish.”

“You know what? I’m been a bit rude and disrespectful to Der’al collective. I didn’t mean to. Your people were kind enough to warn me about the giants and also to talk to me. Never was my plan walk uninvited over your turf. Had to deal with oppressive jerks, you understand.”

The cracking of knuckles can be heard.

“I need access to airspace and a way to talk to the giants. I have a lot of metal, advance high quality metal here that I don’t need all of it. You be interested in this?”

Oliver said, “I appreciate your showing of respect by apologizing for the unintended slight.
I have no need of your metal. The Elogans have enough Krato allies to get the der’al collective as much metal as we need.”

Oliver says, “Tell me more of this six month plan?”

Auf Lalyan says quietly to Quill “Our food supplies are struggling to feed all of the new Olgogs that arrived recently. But we could help setup new farms and share how we produce food. Our farms are a bit different that others. My tribe produces more food than any other due to these techniques and artifacts. And we can do this either way. We want good relations with the DC.”

(OOC if you want start a thread and I’ll send 20 or so farmers to work with yours to setup more unground farms.)

Godart is not off to a good start with us. Whether Godart has ill intentions or not, I don’t trust Olgog the Olgog in his invitation to have Godart there. OtO is very devious and he must have a plan. I still expect any help to Godart with further OtO’s plans. If that is acceptable, It does sound like Der’al collective would benefit from this. But Make sure to make the price high to balance the risk."