The ceremony of the Thunder Gods

Out in the lands not trod by Human foot, the feral Olgogs partake in a ritual of dancing and drumming lead by the ancient drummers of the thunder gods.
Now in traditional Olgog belief the Thunder Gods don’t have a face, and they don’t have individual names. Olgogs called them Deryyan’sa. While the Aufs handled worldly spiritual matters, the Drummers of Deryyan’sa dealt with weightier moral and esoteric spiritual matters.

For the past year, at certain Deryyan’sa drum circles out in the feral lands, there has been a voice that has contacted those gathered.
The voice of a ascended being known as Kincaid.

Each Drummer of Deryyan’sa has taken different meaning from these occurances. But it is known that if an Auf or a Chieftain or even a gangster wanted to communicate with the ascended being Kincaid he need only join in the ceremony of the Thunder Gods out here in the feral lands with a Drummer of Deryyan’sa.

“The drum beat fills the soul and the mind, and allows Og and Ur and Ol to mix and flourish,” chants the Drummer as the beat begins on a new dance of Deryyan’sa.

Kincaid worried he missed the prayers to the thunder gods, but they had been notably absent. Commander Shiro and Abel both believed that the thunder gods werethe key to understanding and guiding the tribes. Did the tribes believe the thunder gods had forsaken them, or had the tribes forsaken the thunder gods?

Tor’lur hear drumming, though Pit life, old ways not forgotten. Before Pit saved tribe drums guide tribe, now only faint echo, faint drum bring Tor’lur. Take up drum then speak. “Gods of Thunder! Pit guide tribe yet not forsake Thunder in all. Hear name Kincaid drum in wind, tribe need Maklal yet have little to nice trade! Give nice wisdom for nice trade! Wish bring all gog gether! All join in joy of Pit! Drum to drum in old way, give nice wisdom yes?”

Kincaid heard the call and was surprised what he found. A tribe of plague vampyrs called to the thunder gods. Exasperated he wondered what Abel had gotten him into. He appeared to Tor’lur in a dream. “Bringing disease to the other tribes will not bring peace nor make the olgog nation stronger. You must abandon the pit.” he said.

Auf Lalyan arrived to the drum circle. Desperate to save her friends, tribes, and the Olgogs. Her tribe did not intend on getting into this fight. Tor’ab, though a Tor’og can never stand by and watch the Church Slaughter more gogs. And he has been getting worst in this as time goes on. She was told the Church of one uses Wards to block all elemental leyas but light leyas in two large areas. She Feared that the elders and gogs at Thomasville with either not be strong enough to overwhelm the wards. Or the wards would be too many, or hidden to destroy the wards.

Not sure if this would work, but she would do everything she could from here. So she came to the Drum circle, to pray for help. From the Thunder gods. When the battle at Thomasville started for real, they needed a way for all elemental wards to be taken down to give the gogs a chance. Her tribe would try on their own, but there maybe many.

(OCC I’m not 100% caught up on the religion stuff, still making sense of it. So just remember this character is a priest :-p )

(OCC I have the Blessing of Kincaid from a mission)

Kincaid appeared to the Auf. "When the wards come down what will you do after? What is the strategy? What will you do about the children charging you?

Auf Lalyan says "We do not fight earther Children if possible. Its not their fault they are bred with the hate. My plan with the children is to have them pulled underground into tunnels that connect to nothing. This should keep any that we can out of the fight. After the battle, we had already planned to heal these children, and even bring back the ones that died, if possible. We cannot do much for the immutables that have died I fear. If they choose to stay with us, we would allow this. I don’t see the Church wanting them back if they allowed them to charge us in the first place.

Having access to the Elemental Leyas would help offset the numbers the Church has verse the number of Gogs. The general plan is to drop the earth out from under their vehicles on the ground. Then disable any ground vehicles missed by this. We would also go to take down their fly vehicles disabling them with chill energy. This would give us the opening to fight and drive the Church of One out of Thomasville.

We have an outside force that is gathering nearby Thomasville to help with this. This includes at least 3 other tribes so far, but we hope this will continue to grow. This force will act as a surprise and flanking force. Though needs Air, Fire, and Shadow Leyas to be effective.

At the end of the battle, the Herd of Auf Lal’ al would treat the wounded earther and Olgog alike. Though only if the Earther allowed it.

Our long term goal, stop the fighting between any Earthers and Olgogs. Stop the Church of One death camps where they kill us to sell our skin and teeth.
We no longer believe that talking alone will solve this problem of the death camps while the church believes they can do anything they want in these lands. If the gogs unite to show the Church of One cannot walk all over us, then we can stop this war.

But I do have concerns, and I’m trying to fix them now. The biggest concern is if outside force does not grow large enough, this plan may not drive out the church of one.

Kincaid nodded. The plan seemed insane in his opinion. A numerically smaller force intended to charge artillery, cavalry, and infantry backed up by tanks seemed desperate. “You wish for me to condone a suicide charge at Thomasvilles gates?” He wondered aloud.

Lalyan tried a smile "Any attempts to take out the Artillery with pits underneath them, would happen from underground. The Olgog army there is in more trouble than a siege. They are pinned between the city and an army of Church of Oners. They are existing in a set of fortifications, but mainly below ground.

The man goal of this is to take out any artillery and anti air defences by taking the ground out from them. This would open the area for our Air power of Fighters. And if they can take out the church’s hovercopters, that would change the battle.

Do you see another way to handle this? Do you think our chances are so bad?

My tribe could abandon this army. Our people are not even members of it. We just got caught up in it trying to rescue some fools of gogs. But we do not wish to abandon so many gogs to the church of one. "

Kincaid smirked, they were always on the offensive. “No, if you must attack your plan to do so is solid. Why the army refuses to consider withdrawal is something for you to think on. You can move the earth to squash artillery but not to escape. These are your choices.” Kincaid said knowing both attack and withdrawal brought both beneficial consequences and negative ones.

Auf Lalyan said "The army seems leaderless right now. That is the hardest part. If they would withdraw, we would dig tunnels and just tunnel them out. Most of those tunnels are already setup and would just need to be finished. But the Army will not do anything without the leaders telling them to, and the leaders are silent right now. This is the part that makes things the most difficult. We are working on that, but that part is right now out of our control.

Is there something that can be done to help us in this situation? The removal of the wards was just what I could think of to help us remove this artillery that pins us."

Kincaid nodded, “The Thundergods will remove the wards. The challenge before you will still be great but no great victory can be won without great effort.”

Auf Lalyan bows and says “Thank you. I hope this has the desired effect. Also I will make sure as many of the Children are saved as possible.”

Tor’lur heard Kincaid and shook his head "Many Auf Kol ago tribe no have Pit. Reshed Gor kill many, tribe flee. Many sick, put in cave to hide sick. Sick Tor, give tla to tor help move on. Tor fester many sick, more tor more in cave. Gor follow, all hide in cave with Tor. Gor get sick and leave but first much more Tor on both side. Few live, but those few see different. Pit rebirth tribe, save tribe. Gog nation no save tribe, other Gogs no care about Tor’lallur, Tor’lallur care bout Gogs. Gogs die fighting Gor, Pit save other Gogs too. Spread Pit, save Gogs, stop Gor.

Need nice Maklal, to help tribe. No want hurt, but will if no nice trade. Not hurt Gods of boom and zap, cause they Gods, no can hurt Gods cause cannot see Gods. Other Gogs have Maklal, make nice trade, or Tor’lallur make mean take.

Ka’lal knew what he was about to do could get him killed, but he had to try. As the drums roared around him Ka’lal gulped then spoke.

“Great Thunder Gods my master has released a weapon of great sadness and distructon. I ask that you grant me a weapon of equal power to counter the Teardrop Hammer.”

(OOC asking for a hammer that has same characteristics as Teardrop but reverse, a healing liquid to counter the mutations, Conciel Object, Shed Light, Pullar of Light at 8 success. Same curse that grows third arm and provents him from letting go.)

Kincaid appeared to him stepping from a bank of dark grey fog. “The weapon that your master released is older than time itself. It is not a weapon to be easily countered. Even if you found a way to get the weapon to release your master he would not be the same.”

Kincaid understood the duality Ka’lal was looking for, though he was certainly not going to curse anyone, “I can create an artifact that can cure the ooze but you would merely be treating the symptoms of a much greater evil.” He paused not understanding, “Why the abilities you asked for? None would help you with broken created by the ooze. They could be of assistance destroying Glog but if that is your tribes desire why leave the UTR for suggesting the same?”

“The Hammer spreads fear and destruction, I hope to use the hammer I asked for to counter it a way to keep it from causing the mass destruction that it was made for. A hammer of hope to stop the hammer of sorrow. I only ask for this because the Teardrop Hammer is so old and can not be destroyed.”

“You are correct the hammer cannot be destroyed but we Thunder Gods don’t put curses on gogs. That is not our way.” Kincaid noted, the request was pure madness, “The best way to counter destruction and fear is with weapons?” He asked a little incredulously. “How many in your tribe are proficient in the ways of hob and ya?”

“If I remember correctly only 12 of my tribe has shown full mastery of hob and ya, though about 2/3 have shown skill in it.”

Kincaid nodded, “A better way to help spread hope is teach the other tribes those arts. Show them how to grow fungus in caves, how to use those arts to get orchards to grow out of dust.” Kincaid paused, “Help them build shelter that will protect them from the flame winds.”

Kincaid shrugged, “Compared to a cursed hammer of light doing those things, planting crops whose sweet fruit you will never see or need, making sure the tribes need not fear the fires in the skies, those things will bring hope.”