The Ceremony of the Flesh and Spirit in Karov (TSGL3 Week 4+)

At the end of a truly heroic life, the flesh is stripped from an Olgog skull, and a Gor’ab places it in a holy tent for spiritual ceremonies for the future. Such is the Karovian way.

Now Uhryu Bill must decide if he will allow Tor’ol Gogkiller to inter Witch Gogkiller in the holy tents of the GulTor’Uf in the Shadow Dome of Karov in this traditonal way.

This Witch Gogkiller, is not his own, but the one from the Mirror Crystal Timeline, killed by a zela bullet and injector that made her impossible to bring back to life.

Bill also had the tough decision of if he would send a messenger to find his own Witch and bring her to pay her respects to her alternate self’s passing. Such strange conundrums.

[Welcome in this thread are Herald of Wintermute, Yagogi’al, GulTor’Uf and Krodnok, Naeil, Tor’ab and The Bladed Sun]

Naeil: “This sucks. Are you gogs sure we can’t clean the zela out this witch’s system? The tech is out there and such. It’s not like her body got ashed or blown up into million little chunks.”

Pointing at her skull, “I mean… COME ON! Her brain pan is still together. Once she car wash clean you people can magic back her soul in. Right?”

Tor’ol Gogkiller stood nearby waiting to take part in the ceremony. He said sadly, “The only hope would have been Earther cloning technology but the Earthers would have needed a scan of her memories from before her death which we do not have.”

[Uhryu Bill or Yagogi’al must decide at this point if they send a Gor’ab to perform the ceremony. Post here your decision urgently]

Tor’ab waited patiently. He was trying to be respectful but didn’t fully know this ceremony.
(OOC I’m here, and watching, but don’t have anything to add.)

The Herald moved in to witness the ceremony. Shame really, one day he hoped that their people back home could figure out a way for such tragedies to be averted. A perfectly good corpse becoming unusable, if only they could raise a corpse without relying upon the leyas. One day perhaps, damn zela. There was nothing to do about it now though. So she would be “respectful” of their culture and give her “regards” to those who mourned.

OOC: FYI Bill wouldn’t know what to do, he would send for one of the more respected Gor’abs (traditional in nature) and see about his/her opinion on it (not about interring a non olgog, because its more about tribes of karov, but the alternate dimension thing.

Im assuming this is the post where Bill sends out for someone.

There were two Gor’abs present in the city who happened to be having tea together at the time when Uhryu Bill’s messenger arrived. One was Mag Abna Abyi , who had served as Alma’s Gor’ab and was now a regular citizen of the Shadow Dome of Karov. The other was her guest, Ogalab Mag Gor’ab, who had come to visit Karov with his nursegog.

They both came to the site of the ritual to see what there was to see.

Mag Abna Abyi gave great ritual respects to all the guests,

while Ogalab simply said, "My Condolences on the loss of this honorary member of a tribe. It brings me great sadness to know that Zela has been used and wasted on this body. It has driven the animating force and consciousness from this body.

I know a way to save the Zela from the body. Burn the corpse to ash, and sift through the ash to gather the tiny balls of zela metal that will form.

But the girl, she’s gone."

“How do you feel about the Uthvelor getting an Olgog ritual?” asked Mag Abna Abyi.

“Eh, I don’t really know much about Uthvelor,” said Ogalab dismissing the question as relatively nonimportant, “But in my day, there were the skulls of the twelve K’iorn warriors who trained my friends and I and became dear, dear friends. When they loss their life to the larva of the Quall, it fell upon my Gor’abs and I to end them. But we brought them back and interred them in the ways that were ancient traditions when I was but a pup.”

Mag Abna Abyi said, “I thought the Flesh and Spirit Dwellers were always Gor’ab, and vice versa.”

“The rituals for dwelling in the Flesh of the Dead and reaching out to the spirit beyond, were once just held by the wisegogs, but they taught us this special Olgog training so that we Gor’abs might be the best seekers of true justice we could be,” said Ogalab.

“You’re having a joke on me Old Gog,” smiled Mag Abna Abyi as she stroked Witch’s hair.

“I may be old, but I remember what I remember,” replied Ogalab.

Mag Abna Abyi looked to the assembled folks and She asked, "My Guest and I have come as requested Uhryu Bill.

You have questions about the old ways?"

This is less about the old way, and more about this particular situation. This Gogkiller that died, isn’t from this dimension. It would make sense to inter her according to tradition in her dimension, but we are unable to get her there. I’m haven’t heard of this before, so I seek consult on how to proceed.

Mag Abna Abyi said to Bill, “I understand your conundrum. Should she even be kept in this place if she belongs somewhere else. I do not know immediately what to say. I feel there requires great throught for a trouble such as this.”

“What struggle is there,” said Ogalab Mag Gor’ab, “Take the Uth back to the dimension she came from. If you could not survive there, simply send her through so she is returned home.”

“And if danger bars their way?” asked Mag Abna Abyi.

“Danger always come when you follow a code of conduct,” said Ogalab sternly, "You want her to rest on her own dimension, you take her there.

Or you hurl her body through the nearest energy bridge to the plane of life and let the universe sort out where she is supposed to go."

“That is cold, as cold as the heart of Auf Tor, Ogalab,” countered Mag Abna Abyi, “But what compassion do you show for the survivors.”

“Eh compassion, it has its place,” said Ogalab, “But if something isn’t where it belongs, the universe has a habit of dragging it kicking and screaming where it should end up.”

“Well that advice is so fatalistic, I must suggest you follow the wishes of what the survivors would like to see,” said Mag Abna Abyi.

“You are like the farmer who salts his own land because it is simpler to draw water from the sea that walk the extra mile to the fresh water lake,” countered Ogalab Mag Gor’ab.

“All actions have consequences…” said Mag Abna Abyi dismissively.

“And unknown consequences can have incredible results,” said Ogalab in disagreement.

Naeil: “Enough you two! I made a promise to help this witch (even though she twisted it out of me) and I can’t really do that if she is dead. What if there was another way to remove the zela without burning the body? Let’s say a non-leyas way… a tech way… would that be enough to guide her soul back?”

Ogalab Mag Gor’ab looked furious, "I don’t give a damn how you talk to me but how dare you talk to Mag Abna Abyi that way. Show some respect for your elders.

If you found a way to cleanse the Zela and use technology to restore the body to life, you would have an empty shell. The Zela has granted this Uthvelor Final Death. Not partial death. Not almost death. Final death.

Try one of those Nanite syringes and have fun with the results."

Ogalab had to be calmed by his nursegog.

Meanwhile Tor’ol was angry, “Naeil her name was Witch. She was not a witch.”

Ogalab interrupted saying "But have fun hooking her up to Earther machines. "

Naeil: “Yeah, I should respect my elders like my parents because when they didn’t, they got thrown into a volcano. Cry me river on Tor’ol - you’re not only one who’ve lost someone in life. If you people wanted respect…”, she narrows her eyes to Tor’ol.

“…you should have made different choices. Learn and live.”

She bites her lip. “If you don’t want to do the near impossible, that’s your call and not mine.”

“Do what you need to do to move on. There’s questions unanswered and work to be done and time is short.”

Tor’ol eyes narrowed to slits, “So to have you use the proper way of addressing the deceased at her funeral is too much to ask?”

Tor’ol kissed Witch’s corpse on the head and began to walk off.

The two Gor’abs that Bill had requested to come here, Mag Abna Abyi and Ogalab Mag Gor’ab watched the exchange uncomfortably.

After all it was Ogalab who brought up respect for Elders but Tor’ol who got blamed for it. Ogalab whispered to Mag Abna Abyi, “That Tor’ol had a murderous look in his eyes.”

Mag Abna Abyi turned to Bill and asked, “Uhryu Bill, how shall we proceed?”

Tor’ab would go up to tor’ol and say “You should stay. These gogs here can talk to the dead. You maybe the only one who will understand everything if they do. Also, it seems your right to be here if they do that. I have seen one interrogate a fallen enemy before. But other than that, I don’t know much about what these Gor’ab do except that.”