The Battle Tents of the Allies Near Mt Rhug (TSGL 3 Week 5)

Naeil: She pondered this train of thought. To Yagogi’al the Og’ab member: “Heh, Gor’Lallur! How is this happening? You got some protection going on?”

Auf Lalyan says “There are definitely those that can be immune to their effects, but it is rare. Before this I only knew of The Redeemers who could do this.”

Then Lalyan says to Dominic “What can you tell us of these Neliffs, We know little for certain. How long till their eggs hatch? Range on Mind Control? Best way to kill the eggs inside someone who is in a circle of Negate Leyas?”

Auf lalyan speaks softly into a comcrystal and then says to everyone "

There is a reason why we have not had anyone Neliff infested in our presence before. We keep our distance, and if someone is infested, we generally kill them, the neliff, and eggs quickly with the hope enough is left that we can bring them back later. That time is coming if I don’t have another idea.

If those eggs come close to hatching, my guards are all ordered to fire their weapons into the circle. They will seek to destroy all but a hand or finger. This will allow us to bring the gog back in the center without the eggs. If someone else has another idea, please let me know. I do not wish to put him though the pain of dying in such a way. Especially when he is not of mine and in control of his body.

But time is running out."

Lalyan is nose starts to bleed a little as she touches a ring on her finger and the bleeding stops. Then 5 gogs (mercs) enter the room and goto the edges, taking aim at the neliff infested gog. A look of concern goes over Lalyans face before the look determination returns.

(OOC This order has been reconfirmed to her guards. Normally anyone Neliff infested is ordered shot first and destroying most of their body first. But this is special since the gog is in control There will be solder and skull crusher magi pistols. The ring is a ring with Healing, cure poison and cure disease. The negate leyas does damage to her.)

With time running out, and poor Gor’ Lallur fully conscious of being infested but having all of her functions in her control . She stands alone, and quite honestly terrified of her first death to come at the hands of what was supposed to be allies that have been sent to help her. No one here knows of the protective powers of the ragha totem spirit, but she can feel the alien presence inside her. She keeps trying to talk to speak up but she does not speak unless spoken to and only Naeil says anything. Where is Naeil now?? She keeps getting talked over just as she’s about to say something. What is happening, where is everyone she cares about?? What happened to the other Yagogi on the mission? Where is her mentor, uhryu Zhgog’ol Maklur? Where is her mate, Onigor the Fierce? Time is definitely running out!!

Just as the UtR guards are getting ready to fire, in run Zhgog’ol Maklur with arms raised and Onigor carrying a large vessel with something inside. Zhgog’ol rushes up, “This cub is protected by the spirit of Ragha, she will not be controlled by the effects of the Neliff, though the eggs will have to be dealt with. WE have traveled from the battlefield, over to a certain ceremony supposed to have been taking place in Karov. Sorry for the great delay, we have gone only by foot while communing with Ragha to keep ourselves protected. I ask, why must the answer be to kill and then have time to sort out the rest? Why couldn’t we try to come up with reasonable solutions?”

Onigor followed up with, “No one is putting the hit on my girl, without going through me first. Why does she suffer in this alone, if death is the only choice, I will go down with her.”

Zhgog’ol looked on with the admiration of a proud teacher, his student stepping up with his own decisive answers, “But more importantly, we may have other solutions. Used in the ceremony is a powerful herb which will induce sickness, a powerful sickness that might be able to extract the eggs from her system. Though truthfully I am not positive this will work, and that would be why we would discuss this revelation before acting blindly with fear. Another alternative would be to send the cub into enemy terrain, with Ragha she is in full control of her capabilities and might be able to barter a solution that would give knowledge into the goals of the enemy. Hopefully, there is a peaceable ends to the means, one where death is not the only option.”

Auf Lalyan says “The issue is once the Egg hatches, it can telepathically control the rest of us. So in this case, our actions must be quick. So Let us begin the proceedure to destroy the eggs. And quickly. Time is of the essence. Those of you immune to Neliffs should also be the ones performing the proceedure just incase they hatch midcase. I’m told of the eggs jumping out of a body at another when someone got close as their old host died.”

Onigor led the Ragha Totemic shamans in their ritual cleansing. As he did the ceremony, the UtR soldiers kept their weapons trained on Gor’lallur hoping they could fire a shot before the Neliff Eggs hatched…if they hatched.
Now the Yagogi were masters of the nomadic lifestyle and had long learned of a cocoction of herbs that formed a poison which would counter all sorts of stomach parasites and intenstinal worms. Usually after a bit of retching the patient would be fine. The poison used could even be a topical for skin parasites and molds. The only problem was the Yagogi had never encountered a Neliff and the secrets of the Neliff were actively kept from both Olgogs and Falosini.
The neliff were closer in function to a Quall N’drone compared to a parasite naturally occuring in our dimension.

Their eggs bound to the animating energy of the body, bound up with the soul of the host from the moment of implantation. As a result the poison was less than effective against the eggs, causing them to quickly hatch instead.
The Neliff were already telepathically effecting those in the room, and except for the Ragha Totemists, none saw the Neliff leave Gor’Lallur’s body.
The UtR troopers and Auf Lalyon simply saw that the procedure was going according to plan.
It was Onigor who saw the first Neliff juvenile split Gor’lallur’s skin and rise up. One of its tentacles shot back down into Gor"Lallur’s body depositing more eggs under her skin.
Two other tentacles shot out and implanted into Onigor’s skin. But not before the Ragha shaman could yell a warning to the other Yagogi tribals.

The Yagogi who were protected each grabbed a UtR tribal and forcibly lifted them pulling them from the room.
Onigor who tried to protect Lalyon was not so lucky. He tried to grab Lalyon but the elder auf had already succumbed to the Neliff’s power and was already being mind controlled into teleporting them away.
In a flash of what was obvious Leyas energy, Onigor, Gor’Lallur, Auf Lalyon and the juvenile Neliff disappeared.

Zhgog’ol knew quite quickly where the Neliff had taken their friends. It was to their home in the Mountains between the Goblin Lands and the Lost Colonies, in the high peaks where the Yyan Empire and the Forces of Warmonger held court.

http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1717-The-Mountain-Keep-of-the-Great-Houks-who-serve-Warmonger-(TSGL3-week-6-)&p=10807#post10807Lalyan , Gor’Lallur and Onigor the Fierce are now away from this thread at the eastern mountains, the rest remain here.