Playstation 4

So, what are people’s opinions about this new hardware coming to us from Sony?

It’s not Lawnmower man enough. When I saw playstation move I thought we finally are gonna get full immersion gaming in the next one. But PS 4 doesn’t seem like it will deliver that yet.

It looks intesting, not the biggest graphical leap in the world, but if it is priced decently then I will definitely pick it up

I don’t see a reason to upgrade, and I am waiting for the official specs before I make a decision. I really want to see what they do for backwards compatibility. (I will be happy if I can get a PS4 that plays all playstation games)

Backwards compatibility is a must!!

If i am not mistaken, i think Sony said that there would be no backwards compatibly. Though i wouldn’t be surprised if you could download digital versions of PS3 games. I plan on keeping my PS3, just like i kept my PS2 this generation.

Yeah they switched to a different chip and a whole other architecture so no hardware backwards compatibility. I’m sure they will have software emulation though once you buy the game on PSN anyway.
I’m more interested in the game streaming. Supposedly you’ll be able to play PS4 games streamed to a vita. And I think I have heard rumors of a Netflix like service for games.