Planning Thread - Invasion of the Tomb Factory

As the time came for the attack on the factory, Lalder sent out requests for help to his allies, they UtR, and Lur Union. Each message was sent with a Lur Union Fighter. The meeting place was the Carrier’s Planning room with the illusionary map. Lalder figured Krodnok wouldn’t want everyone at his place. And this would do. He might even get Gogs here to just see the craft. The messengers were not sent to Tribes who have betrayed the UtR. Lalder was excluding the Pit Mongrals. And the only Dead units

The message would read "While the timing at home is not the best to launch a large offensive, but right now Unit 111’s factory has less protection than normal. We can severely limit their offensive ability if we take this factory from them. This is a planning session. Each messenger has a Lur Union Fighter to take the planner to the Carrier. We can pickup or transport additional gogs when you decide to where.

Lalder"

(OOC Originally this mission was suppose to be during week 17 before things went to crap, but oh well. For the purpose of the mission Lalder is gun ho on it.)

Auf Lalder will cancel the messenger heading to Unit 817.

Lalder says "So what do we have to bring to this attack. My plan is to have 2 attacking forces. One group going into the factory itself through a known route. I’ll go more into that route later. But we can say its a smaller area that will lead into the factory Halls. it will only be big enough for Olgogs, not vehicles.

The 2nd group we have is the fleet. I have a new Destroyer Gunship, 20 Lur Union Fighters and the Carrier. I have room for forces in the Lur Union FIghters that can be dropped over the Island to attack the factory while the ships give cover. I have 20 Gun/Weapon slots for additional weapons or gogs to man weapons. I do need others to help fill this in. Magi cannons would be helpfuly. Even if its just 10. THoughI do not plan to move the Carrier in until the Anti aircraft weapons are down, we strike them first and then move the Carrier in to level the troops on the outside.

Also, I need a few more Light leyas uses that can artifice to run shields if possible. We can show you how to reflect Magi cannon fire.

So what do we have to work with?"

(OOC Narrator pointed out I made a mistake in thinking that the Pit mongrels were part of a known tribe from the last diplomacy mission. Though it was a Pit mongrel, I don an’t know the tribe. So switching the wording to limit the pit mongrels as I’m not allies with any of them. Sorry for the confusion. )

A small olgog arrives, out of breath. He says, “I am here to deliver a message to Auf Lalder; That the Ol’Lur Tribe will support you in this operation. My elders are on their way here, but sent me on ahead to announce their support more quickly.”

(OOC: just posting this to say that I plan on helping. Will post more later when I have more time.)

The tribe of Ka’Rhug arrived to the meeting in a Baribur airship. The craft was moored close by the carrier, and an olgog levitated himself, and what appeared to be a church of one paladin onto the carrier itself. They then moved to speak with the gathering of allies. The olgog spoke first,

“Greetings friends, I am Pluto, aufgog of Ka’Rhug, and we have come to show our support to this cause. We bring our finest warship, a crew of 15 and it’s captain to reinforce our current standing fleet.”

The armored earther bowed, and introduced himself.

“I am Dominic Levi Strauss, captain of the Inferno, and I am at your disposal.”

Three Rhug’na’ru airships moored close to the other aircraft, planes hooked to the bottom. Each had a symbol on it’s side, remarking on its construction number. They were 4, 7, and 2. A horn sounded from the center one, # 7, and it lowered to a short distance above the ground. It hovered there as three Olgogs got off, one short and hunched over a wooden cane and the other two dressed as a Rhug’na’ru soldier. They approached the site, the two soldiers bickering. The older olgog hit the bickering brothers, Tla’ab and Ur’og, before turning to the group.
“Forgive these two, they are young still. I am Hide, of the Rhug’na’ru. We are here to assist in your efforts.”

A small Olgog dressed in a military uniform made from quall bones who might look familiar to some, walked into the room. His shadow was cast long across the assembled but then he stepped in and they could all see he was barely three feet tall.
Behind him marched four more greenfurs dressed in the exact same way. They all wore highly ornate head dresses with a large central bead that glowed brightly with fire in leyas sight. They held what looked like spears topped with cupped bone hands instead of speartips.

“Ooh rah! I love the smell of warfare in the morning.
My name is Lt. Og’urab of the Army of the True Flame.
One of the Bosses sent me here to help you take the Factory of the Dead.”

Anyone who faced the KGM last year might recognize Og’urab as one of Gobbog’s boys. But Gobbog has been missing from the KGM for over a year.

Lalder says “Welcome everyone, and I think your tribes for the help here. This will be a good start to cutting Unit 111’s ability to wage war on us.”

(OOC I’m burnt tonight, but I wanted to acknowledge everyone. I’ll do better posts tomorrow.)

Ordol and Lur’og finally arrive at the meeting place. Before Lur’og can speak, Ordol cuts in, “Sorry about our late arrival. Some of my tribe’s elders move a bit slower than the others.” he says, gesturing at Lur’og. “Anyway, how can we be of assistance? My fellow Yadol Riders have been itching for some action.”

(OOC Lalder will repeat the General plan to all new Arrivals, read http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1361-Planning-Thread-Invasion-of-the-Tomb-Factory&p=6570&viewfull=1#post6570 )

Lalder says "So does anyone have any troops we can air drop on the island, maybe help with the Anti aircraft guns. We can stack a Lur Union Fighter or 2 with Light leyas users to reflect attacks or strengthen shields. Though it will have to be quick.

Any other ideas are good? Onator’s riders to get clsoe without being seen while my force acts as a distraction? I’m open to ideas, lets figure something out with the strengths of those here?"

Again, speaking before his elder can utter a word, Ordol says, “Our Yadols have armored plates. They might be able to drop onto the island. Once there, we could disrupt any forces they have from underground.”

Finally able to speak over the enthusiastic Ur Tor, Lur’og said, “The elders of our tribe have light leyas. Obviously not all of them can be here, but Makog and myself will be able to provide you with the leyas you need.”

“The Dead of 111 must be defeated.”

Qata came to the planning meeting with a single message, “Mag Deral and Mag Daron attack in force. The family must deal with thit threat once and for all, we will not be able to spare forces to fight Unit 111. Mama Rapigog wanted to know why the attack must occur now, she was under the impression the Army of Eloga and the Kolgol Militia were in a stalemate with them, has something changed?”

Lalder says "Right now their factory is not as protected as it has been in the past. We can cut off their supply of new Dead warriors with this attack. Further crippling them. We may not get this chance again.

I will also be sending some gogs to help with the Mag Deral and Mag Daron attacks. Tor’ab is trying to gather gogs for a response for that. If you need anything from them ask. I’ve also left Fighters and skimmers there for support as well."

Lalder says "Ordol your idea of attacking from the underground sounds like a great plan. How close do we need to get the Yadols there? "

Lalder moves on "So my basic plan is to hopefully get some gogs onto the island to attack the Air defences of the Island. Whether through the Yadols, dropping gogs from the Air, using artifacts to float safely to the ground, and using some ships with defences to reflect magi cannons and engage the defenders while others flank and destroy the air defences.

One the Air defences are gone or limited, I can bring in the Carrier to finish off any ground forces. The Carrier will be flying high and concealed. And it will strike at its makes range if it can without getting caught by the air defences.

Once we can land Gogs, I plan to use my armorfiends in squads with my gogs to take out the resistance. Of Course I plan on using lots of Light Leyas. I’ve been prepping for this for a year now, so I have been stockpiling Light artifacts."

Lalder says "Krodnok and his forces will be helping us as well. So keep a look out for his dead warriors.

When we are able to get into the factory, I plan to start with the Bottom floor. If someone wants to take the catwalks, that could be helpful.

Also on the approach to cause a distraction, I thinking of hitting the island with a tidal wave. This should draw attention. Just be ready for when it hits the island if you are already on the island.

Take a comm crystal so our forces can communicate. Your crystal will relay back to the communications room and the messages will be passed on."

(OOC I can possibly read any posts here, but will have limited ability to reply. If you want me to include something, post it here and I’ll include it into my final post.)

A cloaked figure entered the room writing in a note book as he did so. The hooded head scanned around the room seemingly at random until it fell upon Lalder. Uriel nodded and gave a small bow to the gathering. As he did so several books and pens fell out. He made a strangled sound and quickly scooped they up.

"Sorry, " he said sheepishly. "My employers extend their regards and are glad to accept your invitation to assist in this. “For various reasons they can’t send a large ground force. However they are offering to neutralize the air defenses and provide gunpods to help deal with any deadwings that may be on site. They also wish to send a small ground unit to help secure the control center. Lastly you should be aware that, should your invasion fail they are prepared to destroy the factory from orbit rather than allow it to remain in Unit 111’s hands.”

Ongog walks in, a Karovian wearing GNA colors. “Hey, got picked up in Karov. Sorry I’m late. GNA is caught up in a mess up north. Don’t think any more comin’. Since we’re taking on the dead, I have plenty of ur’sa’or to use. Be more than happy to help.”