Planning the Nine Labors of OtO in Bill's tent in GulTor'Uf (starting Week 11)

The OtO is well secured in a warm tent and being washed and cleaned by a kind old Olgog female. The tent next door was larger and had enough room for Uhryu Bill and the Representatives of Auf Lal’al, Or’Lur, Kul Gul Rapi and Yagogi’al and Catdancer to meet and discuss the Nine Labors of the OtO so he might repay his debt to Olgog society.

The fire was warm and a vinvir roasted over the fire filling the air with the smell of good food.

–{Only Gultor’Uf, Lalder, Yagogial, Or’Lur and Kul Gul rapi and Catdancer can post to this thread}–

Glog sat with the others. The food tempted him but there were more pressing matters.

“I think that we all can agree that these Nine Labors can not and will not be used to take revenge on Olgog the Olgog. Punishments are meant to teach, not spread hatred. With that said I think one of the Labors should consist of him teaching. I may not agree with his actions or his behavior, but you can not deny that he is a strong warrior.”

I agree, but how are we to know what he needs to know. He has been in the EEF control, what did he learn, other than how to kill. It almost seems like there purpose was to create a being that will just kill on command with no empathy.

I have no idea where to start . . .

Dolur says “Then I think that makes our choice obvious. We teach him Healing skills and have him work with the wounded and sick. This could start the process of him seeing the other side.”

Glog nodded, “After he has mastered the art himself he can then teach young immutables how to heal. That would help show him the need for healing and help him fully master the art. So the first task should be to learn how to heal then to teach others how to. Are we agreed?”

"Yea sure, I think that’s a great idea. Teaching him healing . . . I can see him now, just punching people nerves in. Think about it, he’ll know where all the nerves and where to break bones because . . . well . . . why not? He can fix them later. When he’s done doing what ever he need to do. You should teach him healing, I’m sure nothing bad will come out it.

Dolur says “Rather than shooting down ideas Cat Dancer, what do you recommend?”

Dolur in frustration says "We can’t have him fight. We can’t have him learn skills that he could use to fight. That doesn’t leave much…

What if We teach him to Teach. And then have him teach non immutables about immutables."

(OCC hopefully I got that right. :-p )

Glog looked at Dolur and said “You would put the care and teaching of children who would have both the advantages and disadvantages as Olgog, with him as a means to teach compassion and to help pacify him. That is indeed a great idea and one that I would like to expand on. I have seen other tribes cast out, harm or even kill such children. After I and the other Elders reached the point we had we made it a crime that resulted in a punishment that is to great to speak of. We have tried to teach them skills that they might find useful but we still can not seem to get it right. I would recommend that Olgog teach not only children but also those that will be caring for them in the future so that the children do not feel unwanted or like a burden on their tribes.”

Dolur "agreed. Lets see if we can gather gogs to interact with him, and to separately explain to OtO. Lets start with the Adult gogs for him to tell his story. And as Olgog gets into it, we can add some of the immutables.

I say this also includes us as well. We are in charge of his punishments and recovery, so we must understand this as well."

(OCC not sure if this counts as a mission. But it is the start we talked about. )

After the most recent meetings with Mag Buskt, Yagogi’al the Og’ab reenter the tent this time with a juvenile gor’ab, Og Or’gog in tow. The juvenile stood quietly while the adults spoke of grown up matters and patiently waited for his time to speak up.

The elder gor’ab began "Please excuse my absence to the prior discussions, it is due time that i weigh in on the Dra (matter) at hand. I believe having Olgog the Olgog act as a teacher, empowering him with responsibility and compassion for those that he is educating. It is in a sense a reeducation, to care for those that look to him for guidance. This would make his a better champion, to better serve for mag Buskt.

And as the representative deciding over his fate, we need to be more proactive about having trials set up ahead of time. Otherwise we are just wasting his time and the time of the one he is serving. Mag Buskt has shown himself as and ally and as council of the elder ways, and this goes for even an elder like myself. With this being said, for Olgog the Olgog’s presentation of the immutable olgog i believe each tribe should send in 3 juveniles and 1elder to take part and interact much like the teaching of Auf Ur’sa. Possible other trainings might include basics of the E.E.F. from the point of view of one that has gone through their training and risen through their ranks; barracks building and transportation for the standing United Tribes army. Basics of E.E.F. wouldn’t be a fighting training, but information into knowing with outsiders we are dealing with. Barracks building and transportation would be for the standardization of United Tribes army spaces in different regions of the Olgog lands.Maybe we should turn to Olgog the Olgog, and the juveniles to see if there are other instructions they would appreciate. We need to figure out all of the nine trials sooner rather than later."

With Yagogi’al’s piece being said, he turned towards Og Or’gog. Now the juvenile gor’ab with spiky tufted fur spoke up, “With everything that my elder has said, we wish to be a better people and better united. Olgog the Olgog, I wish to strengthen the bond between our tribes and act as your second in command if you will have me in your service. I have trained under Yagogi’al the Og’ab and have already learned the ways of the gor’ab.”

OOC NOTE: OtO is in the tent next door.

Yagogi’al, I do not see how teaching olgogs how to act like an army would benefit OtO, could you please expand on what you expect this to teach him?

(OOC: I figure this is coming from Bill, if not please disregard the train of thought)

Yagogi’al needed to consider the advantage of this trial without offending, after all he was now speaking to the cub’s father. Bill was an interesting character of the olgog community; many tribes had just come together looking to save him and with Mag Buskt helping them all out, Uhryu Bill was back on his feet. This could be a difficult conversation, pointing out the faults of the father shown through his cub.

“I am not looking for olgogs to act as an army, but to be have the knowledge to interact and communicate with the earth force that police the colonies and the neighboring lands. It has been no secret that your cub has had his own issues when dealing with the authority of commanding officers. The reasoning behind this is for him to the rethink how he behaved and look to the guidance of other officers he worked with to teach more of the young about the proper ways of behaving for authority. By no means is the absolutely something that should be done, it is just another suggestion. We are looking for a plan of action, is there something that you the father or even your cub might be able to suggest as a reasonable trial? I am sorry for not explaining myself better earlier and allowing for confusion.”

Dolur says "We have to stop shooting down every idea and leaving us no where. We also have to keep the task manageable I think the initial discussion with a group of Elders to tell his story and how traditions don’t work for immutables. I think we start there. Then we move to the immutables, especially juvis from the non immutable tribes where the biggest issue is. The immutable tribes already deal with this.

So his first labor, is teaching tolerance.

Learing and teaching about the EEF can be another time, I think the dissucssion about tolerance is much more important. "

OOC: Someone might want to create a player created mission for OtO [I can’t do that, for a variety of reasons]

Yagogi’al, I am unsure if his defiance is a part of what happened in the EEF, or part of his personality. We don’t know how he was treated, except they strapped an explosive device to his neck. That would make anyone defiant. I am fearful of teaching blind faith in authority, as I have seen Brezens commit horrible atrocities because of blind faith in their leaders.

I have been without the leyas for a few weeks, and daily living has been hard, harder than we give credit to immutables for. Living was hard, and dealing with dra became increasingly difficult. Trivial task become failures, with permanent consequences. Living as an immutable will teach a gog much about life, and living in a society where we [as a society] treat immutables as disposable at best.

Teaching others how immutables grow up in our society will be a great first task, as it should show him that our society really doesn’t know how to hand immutables.

The next task should be along the same lines. A way for him to help others overcome the old prejudices. [2 task including the first]

After that, I think we should focus on positions in the tribe, how to deal within large groups of gogs within a tribe. [2 tasks]
continuing into teaching him how to deal with conflicts in between tribes. [2 tasks]
the last few task, If the first ones I outline go well, should be how an individual gog can affect the whole of gogkind [ 2-3 task]

As with everything else, I am just here as an adviser

(OCC, Player created missions, I didn’t even think of that. I was thinking once we agreed on something, the narrator would do a mission :-p. Opps)
(OCC, I can create a mission, but I’m not the best story teller, so if someone else wants to, go for it. Otherwise I’ll create a mission tomorrow )

Dolur says "Sounds like we agree on the first step. Request elders from the tribes, and have them listen to and ask questions of Olgog about immutables and growing up as one.

Once that plan is set in motion we can move to the next steps for Olgog to go through."

(OCC I do think we should just keep working it out, but for my minds sake, I want to get the first mission established and agreed to.)

(Week 13 Rescue Mission:The First Labor of OtO-Tolerance
Will be posted tomorrow. Each tribe will be able to send one named character to this mission.
Each tribe involved will have to explain why their tribe does not have any immutables (after all goblin
Gunners are only tribes with starting immutables. So players will have to explain what happens to those few kids
Born into the tribe without the Leyas. Are they killed? Do they die of natural causes at a young age because they cant be healed using leyas?
Are they shunned and driven out. Are they traded away to Unen in exchange for some resource. Everyone will involved will have to come up with their own explanation.)

Dolur says “Now that he has learned to understand non immutables and we have solved ways to keep more immutables alive and have them grow up in better conditions. What is the next task for Olgog the Olgog? We have to have another mission for him soon.”

(OCC we need to setup a week 15 mission.)

Dolur says "After thinking of this, Olgog the Olgog made much more progress than we thought he would with just that one meeting. And we, the tribes made progress with Immutables. We now have a path for tribes who do not know how to handle immutables to give these pups to the tribes who do know what to do with them.

I understand just giving away immutables is not a full solution, but it is a start. We will need to make relations with the immutable tribes a priority so we remove any issue of second class citizen treatment from either side.

But what to do for Olgog the Olgog? One of his biggest angers must still be his father, Bill. We need him to find closure with him.

And the next question is, can we do something that benefits all with this?"

I think before we assume something, perhaps we should speak with him? How else will we be able to tell what truly angers him? This way we can be sure instead of guessing what bothers him.