OtO waits for Derlur

why must he always take so long?

Og Or’gog looked around, shrugged and then said “Sorry boss.”

I have a job for you

OOC: Go to here
http://dr-forum.whitestarhosting.net/showthread.php?1419-A-job-for-Og-Or-gog

Smith looks around the Slapdash inn. He sees Gale Holt, a stereotypical Brezan Olgog. He looks over to Gale and says, “Oi, got something for me?” Gale nods, and hands over a satchel to the Olgog, and then leaves the pub. Smith walks over to Olgog the Olgog and says, “hey, let’s go to that place you were telling me about.”

Sound good.

Ill lead the way

Ooc:scene shift to underground hotel private room. Og oe’gog wouldn’t be allowed in

Smith sits impatiently. He knows this is going to take forever.

The comment crystal goes off. Smith turns it on for Olgog the Olgog. “So I hear you want an audience. What can I do for you?”

This is something that we need to discuss in person, in a private location. The walls have to many ears for this to be done any other way.

“I’d love to, bit there’s a big massive creature outside that’s pretending to be a god that has me trapped where I am”

Oh good, I’m there too. I plan on going to go kill it. I’m guessing it is the Kolgol tribe, they were the tribe that was fanatical enough to create something like this. If you know where to access some liquid nitrogen, I would appreciate it, it will help me crush its skull.

“Yes, because I keep that kind of thing on tap around here,” he said sarcastically. “Are you nuts?!?! Why would I have that lying around? Don’t you have friends that can get you that kind of thing? Or other connections?”

He sighed into the comm crystal, “other thoughts?”

Not here, Uriel might be able to get me some, but I haven’t seen him in a while. I have no way of contacting him, as he is in the colonies.

Am I nuts? According to most, Yes.

I will be killing this thing, having something to ice him that I can use will help. I was looking to modify the power armour I have to inject him with liquid nitrogen as I punch him, it should make quick work of this thing.

The voice on the other side of the comm crystal sighed. Begrudgingly, the nitrogen was a good idea. Too bad just just traded away gravedust to the army of true flame. That would have been helpful to have kept. Oh well.

The voice knew where Uriel was. But had no way of contacting him quickly enough.

“Nope, got nothing.”

Okay then, I will go crush him myself.

If any of you want to help, while I occupy him trap him in ice. I have seen people create snow house out of nothing, and of various sizes. This is probably will be the most beneficial attack. If you see me injure this creature, wrap that area in ice should compound the damage.

Its flames are leyas based, and as such won’t affect me as it will others.

Afterwards, we need to speak in person, in private, away from prying ears.

The voice said, “OK, I will let them know that.”

*This is now between Derlur and OtO, no one else is inside the room.

Finally we meet.

Who in the colonies did you piss off so much that they would hire me to kill you and give them the body?

no indication of malice from voice or body language

A deal was a deal. Olgog the Olgog was stupid, but at least he did his part. Well, tried to. Thankfully, he knew he was being tracking by his friends, so if anything happened, well, Olgog the Olgog would be tracked. Father would do his part.

Derlur smirked. Someone wanted him dead, apparently. But why him? Why, specifically, him?? All pretenses were down, because if Olgog the Olgog wanted him dead, he would have attacked by now. He spoke, in perfect Earther. "“I don’t know. I, Derlur, have never been to the colonies. The only colonials I know are either in Simonsburg or Church of Oners. And, to be honest, most Church of Oners don’t know who I am. So I have no idea.”

Speaking in olgog language, with a bruski accent.

"I’m not so sure I believe you are clueless as you claim to be. The promised payment is quite substantial, along with the technology and most likely communication networks thay have access to.

Either way, I am inclined to hand you over to these people. The question is, is whether you are willing to aid me, to which I would ensure you make it back to the goblin lands, or if you are going to fight me, to which I will leave you there."

Derlur thinks about everything for a moment. He puts his finger up, to indicate he is thinking. He is certain that there is nothing Derlur did to warrant a bounty on his head. The Church of One wouldn’t make a deal with an olgog, and the gangers from Kelvara didn’t see him in the power armor. Besides, how would they get access to a known criminal in the colonies and offer him such a great reward. None of it makes any sense.

So Derlur switched his perspective. He stopped thinking about the question, and instead about the reward. Why would someone offer a reward for him?

Because something he did? Negative.
Because of someone he knows? Maybe, but considering the reward - unlikely. An olgog would have offered something different, and if someone wanted to get at Father, the reward would be much much greater.
Because of something he knows? Other than information about Father, there are easier ways to extort information from a Nomad or group of Brezans. Not plausible.

One last possibility - but only a handful of people know about that. But if that’s the case, the question is: why Derlur specifically? And how’d they know about Derlur, specifically?

“This makes no sense to me, Olgog,” he says to Olgog the Olgog in perfect, accentless Olgog. He sounded perplexed, “That’s a mighty hefty reward for someone who’s done so little in the world. Are you sure it’s me you’re looking for? What would someone want with the leader of a two-bit raiding clan from Brez?” The question left unsaid was: why not any member of his ‘tribe’?

You though about this and your question indicates you though of something. Good. Now you have an idea why you’re wanted.

Don’t bother to speculate to me, it could make me more expendable than I am.

I don’t know how much about technology you know, but I am fairly well versed. He tosses a power armour glove to Derlur. Power armour can work almost anyplace, but sand is typically an issue. In the EEF and Vlad, the best prototypes are using a water based filter system to prevent sand from getting into the unit. damaging one typically renders the unit useless at least at a partial level. Looking at these seals, they are a made up of composite materials, with the outside being kevlar and have several other layers inside of it. The machining is some of the best I have ever seen done, and I have worked with laser cut machined parts.

The note that was attached to the armour, when it arrived noted things that happened in private and in the goblinlands. Based on this, and knowing the agency that I was working for, my suspicion is that they have had at least there communications infiltrated. That would mean that parts of the EEF communication system are compromised.

My choices for dealing with this situation all involve you going back to this agency. You still have the choice to run, if you wish. But eventually, you will be caught. It’s your choice.

Time to make a choice, are you going to help me or not?

Things were starting to make sense. He knew how the Olgog was getting his orders. It also explained one thing: VLAD was probably involved. That opened up a whole new thing that he didn’t previously know. So VLAD wanted him, but for what purpose? Olgog seems to think it was for something he did.

Chances are, it isn’t for something he did…it’s for something he can do. Which, to be perfectly honest with himself, is just about anything. No help there. Question remains, can the “agency” be trusted??

“Since you’re giving me fair warning, I will assume you don’t want me dead. That’s good, and I thank you for that. Truth is: I did nothing. But likely they want me for something I can do. I don’t know what they’re looking for, but instead of this cloak and dagger stuff. They could just, you know, ask. Do you know what they have I’m mind?”