Mercs Entering the Goblin Lands

This thread is for non-tribe characters to post their introduction. These characters are not multiple tribals or groups, they are a single person and any followers they call upon (based on kit) or earn through adventuring here.
Any followers gained here cannot be called upon in Live games but can be sent on separate missions as part of the online game here. Or the followers gained can be used as part of a characters retinue.

In your post you should include

1. a section describing how your character appears to others.

2. a section describing where you come from originally, and why you came down to the goblin lands. (unless for example you are playing an Olgog returning home to the Goblin Lands, then you’d state which region your family comes from.)

3. What types of payment your character wants to work on behalf of a tribe. Just remember you can never actually get payment from your own tribe if you control both a Merc character and an Olgog tribe and vice versa.
    (To recieve payment you can set up a thread in the perishable items trade section of the forums)

4. what tribe types you refuse to work for and/or with

He was a figure of medium height, covered in a red and gold ceremonial robe that appeared so rediculously long, that the excess was rolled, folded, and tied up in back, so that it was only an inch or so above the ground. His whole head and face were hidden by a matching hood. Any attempt to look under his hood at his face would result in seeing only blackness. Other articles were also in place, preventing any part of his skin from being seen. While visually, it would be impossible to tell exactly what race the figure was, other clues would mark him unmistakably as an Uth. And not just any Uth. This was Lord Mada.

From somewhere within the dark hood, the Uth spoke. “I am called Lord Mada. I’ve adopted this name from the Earther’s ‘Mada Gascar’. This Gascar, must have been quite the impressivelly terrifying foe for them to address me as such, after witnessing my terrifying Nightmare slaves for the first time.” Lord Mada held open the side of his robe long enough for six evil, bloodthirsty, viscious, and unfortunately cute and absurd-looking nightmares to emerge. The nightmare taking point puffed on his cigar and held up a clawed… Flipper? and made a sort of quacking noise to halt the others. “These six, are my elite, front-line minions. They are 100% loyal, and can sometimes even hit their target! Among my other minions, are a nightmare falsewyrm and (my newest pet); an I’tashi War Dragon.” The Uth paused for dramatic effect that was lost on all but himself.

Lord Mada then continued. “Now, you wish know more about me, yes? It should be fairly obvious that I am from the colony of Kasanth, and have acted as an Ambassador in various endeavors, my actions are completely independent. I do not normally interact with the Olgogs of Refuge, apart from the occasional encounter with Olgog the Olgog. As to why I am here in the Goblin Lands, I am here because there is much for me to gain in terms of power and favor. Obviously, I could simply just take what I wanted from these tribals, but it is so much more fun for me to humor them by taking on their meager tasks. Plus, it creates fewer enemies that are foolish enough to attack me, and keeps the ‘work’ coming. Perhaps most importantly; it’s been too long since the last really esciting war on Refuge.”

“Now, my second favorite part of this discussion; Payment. While Ghaz and fancy gear that really sells on the black market is all good and well, I understand that there isn’t much to be had here among the tribals. Fortunately, I will offer my services in exchange for favors, or less expensive things that I can actually use, such as hides, resources, I suppose some tribal weapons, or Leyas knowledge and training.”
“Yes, I am an Uth, and while some may think I’m a monster, I still have standards. I will not provide my services to the Church of One. Unless such services involve feeding upon their members. Apart from that, I will assist the highest bidder or the most interesting job. Especially if it involves much bloodshed. You have my permission to leave now. Good bye!”

A small being that looks like an Earther child, except for his amethyst eyes which he covers with a pair of sunglasses, carrying a staff with symbols carved into it. His cloak covers his nightmare hide armor and tattoos. On his back is a pack that just fit him. Scribe is the only word he will say when others ask his name and says he is from the City of the Gods. At all other times he can be see reading a giant book of runes, writing, examining new plants or searching for teachers. Any who try to touch his favorite book are in for a nasty surprise.

Scribe walked into a small town and set up a small area, out of the way of any work. Once his pack and cloak where set he sat and tapped his staff on the ground causing spikes of wood to shoot up at 90 degree angles. He drew several runes on the spikes and the wood twist and turned until he had a small lean-to that matched his child like stature. With that done he made a cushion out of his cloak and sat on it. Whenever someone stopped to ask him about his small structure he said "I heard that there was much need for artisan’s and warriors here. So I came to seek whatever the all-father has in store for me. Though I will work for most, any of the Church of One will find their head on the end of a spike if they ask for my work. The same for most of the Undead, least they prove themselves or their cause worthy.”

Ignore this post

Daron was built like a Krav Olgog with a slender body. One built for speed, not strength. He normally wore baggy clothes that seemed too big along with a large Nightmare Hide trench coat.
Daron thought
“He was a freed Soldier. He once fought in one of the great armies. The Borvian Dragons. As a Dragon, he had a crystal embedded in his chest. Though this crystal he could summon his powers. He’s had it so long now, he is able change with little thought. His often thought of his hands as claws from the training. But that his how your weapons should feel.
Then came the mission that earned his freedom. Though he thought it would just end with his death. He fought the warmonger cult at a battle that no one should have returned. Few of them did. He did.
Now he heads back to the beginning, though he barely remembers the Goblin lands as the earthers call it. He is long weared out correcting the earthers on it. He was only a juvi when he left the lands, but he desired to go back and see the tribes of his old home. From his build, he believes he’s from Karov, but he is unsure. He doesn’t know which tribe his was from. Or if it still exists. Part of this trip was too find out. As well to learn. He wanted to know more about the different leyas.
Also he has now been hearing rumors of the troubles with the Church of One, and the warmongers. Maybe he could be of service there. Hmmm, I see to think that way now. At first it was a job, work, fighting in the army. I had choice then. As good as a slave from the time I entered the Bolvian Dragons. But now that he was free, the same words went through his head.
We will see. First he had to find work. He would hunt, defend, protect in exchange for food, items, and the knowledge he sought. But he would not work to spread disease or chaos. He could not do that to those who did not survive the battle with the forces of the warmonger.”
Then He swung his special nightmare hide trench coat over his shoulders. It didn’t provide much defense compared to himself. But most shoot the unarmored one first, and he liked to avoid that. Then he shifted. He grew in size, his muscles filled out. The Trench Coat, which was normally too big for him fit perfectly now. His wings grew out holes/slashes on his back he made just for that purpose. He stood there, now a tower Olgog, with Wings, covered in dragon scales, and his eyes, like that of his namesake.
Then he Flexed his wings and Launched himself in the air, heading south. Making sure to fly High and fast.

If asked why he’s there “I’m here to learn and find my old tribe that I was taken from when I was young. While I’m searching I will do jobs in exchange for food and Knowledge, especially Leyas knowledge. Weapons do not interest me much, but artifacts and workings could. Especially ones that make life easier. I am a healer as well as a fighter Every good warrior knows both. I will not work for the forces of the warmonger or Church of One. And will not kill for no reason.”

A man walked down a dirt path, leading south towards the Olgog lands. Long dirty blonde hair fell about his shoulders, and a well kept beard adorned his face. Piercing blue eyes looked out from his half helm which was slightly too large for his head. On his chest was a coat of worn chain mail, used but well cared for. Around his back was a heavy cloak, the kind travelers and caravans used to keep the dust off of them. This man had another reason for wearing though, to hide his identity. He was a wanted man, for more crimes than he cared to answer for. This was Lorne Harlas, Black Lorne to his employers. No matter the job, he’d get it done for the right price, and he had a perfect record for getting it done.

Usually the job was to kill someone, a rival, a merchant, even a family member. He was no stranger to killing by any means, he had first killed at age 12. He was an orphan, left behind by a family that had no use for another mouth to feed. He had lived in the orphanage for the first part of his life, learning to be a good citizen. However, he was small for his age, and was often pushed around by his peers. It was one in particular that was the worst, a brawny monster of a 12 year old who was some illicit son of a sailor. Finally having had enough, Lorne resolved to remove the problem. He hid in alley as night began to fall, clutching a small hemp rope in his hands. Shadows had always seemed to hide him better than others, although whether it was just because he was smaller he didn’t know. As the boy made his way back to the orphanage, Lorne jumped him, strangling him to death with the rope. He hid the body in an abandoned house and returned to the orphanage.

It was not the first time he would kill while still in the orphanage, and he would leave at age 16, and set out on his own. He grew, as boys do, reaching just under 6 foot. He worked as a mercenary, fighting for whomever had the most coin. He grew used to weapons such as the longsword and the spring-shot pistol, (The normal ones never seemed to work properly). It was during this time that an adept from a caravan identified him as an unconscious leyas user. The reason he could disappear into the shadows so easily was because he was unknowingly calling them to hide him. He traveled with this adept for a year or so, learning more about his power. However, one day he awoke to the sounds of battle, his master was dead on the ground, and outlaws were butchering the guards. He melted into the shadows, and left for the nearest village.

He would stay in the village for the next two years, working as a town guard and hit-man for the local lord. However, people slowly began to resent him, and after a time they even began to suspect him of the killings, the people going missing in the night, all adversaries of the lord’s of course. One night a trap was set for him, and after his victim was dead, he turned to find half the watch staring at him. Once more he ran, and did not stop until he was well south of the border of the Goblin lands.

He had heard tell of the wars happening down here, and when there was war, there was always need for another sellsword. He would travel to an Olgog tribe, he had no problems with the goblins, they had never done him wrong.

He would end up serving Kolgol, and the tribe of Ka’Rhug, and serve them he would as long as they satisfied his blood lust. He understood they had no coin, which was rather disappointing, but beggars could not be choosers, and a safe place to work out of was fine for him, and he even got to kill people.

Olav shifted uncomfortably, looking down at Hide. “How did you come across this mercenary again?” Hide chuckled. “It wasn’t myself that found him, he found us. Apparently word of our new airships went north, and he heard tale of it.” Olav shrugged. “And why is he coming here?” Hide looked up. “He is apparently curious as to our methods. He likes flying machines, apparently, and wants to see this ‘kick off’ as he stated.” He chuckled. “What an odd Baribur.” He pointed up at the sky. “Speaking of Bariburs.” They watched a baribur descend onto one of the lower docks. “Lets go meet our guest then.” Olav began walking down to the docks.

He landed lightly on one of the many docks of the port of Unen, pulling his wings to his sides. He looked around quickly, a few olgogs gave him some looks, but they went back to their busywork. He pulled his goggles off, tucking them into his jacket. Although the grey jacket was technically an antique, an Earther antique, it fit him nicely and gave him an air of order even when out of his EEF uniform. It also had a black leather shoulder strap for his sword and acid carbine, his Acid pistol in a black leather holster on this hip. It gave his wings a space to fold into when he wasn’t using them.

Placing his hand on his pistol he watched two olgogs, with a surprising height difference between the two, walk up to him. He was always nervous around their kind. They walked right up to him, the shorter one speaking first. “Are you Eirtrian?” Ethan Smiled. “I am. You two are from Rhug’na’ru, I suppose?” The taller one looked him over. “I am Olav, diplomatic representative of Rhug’na’ru.” He motioned to the shorter one. “This is Hide, chief engineer.” He looked at Ethan again. “I am aware that you wanted to to see our airships. May I ask why?”

Ethan took his hand off of his pistol, crossing his arms, grinning. “Well, the way that i’ve heard it, your people can’t use the leyas, and most flying machines down here USE the leyas. Hearing of an Olgog group that did not have the capability to use leyas and still finding a way to fly was quite unheard of. At least it was to my ears.” He uncrossed his arms, motioning to them. “Those types of things peak my curiosity. In return, I offer my services for a time.” He smiled broadly. “My services are quite broad in terms of my skills.”

Hide nodded, noticing the sword and carbine strapped to the Baribur’s back. “Well,” He looked up at Olav who shrugged. “I don’t see how I could turn down your generous offer.” Ethan smiled. “Excellent. Now, where is you tribe? I would prefer to get their on my own.”

After a brief explanation, Ethan stepped back a few feet. Strapping goggles to his head, he gave a quick salute and lifted off, flying south along the shore. Olav turned to Hide. “If he blows up the airship, you’re dead.” Hide mumbled something and they headed back to begin the short journey back to Rhug’na’ru.

An earther, Burke stood at 6’1, short brown hair with brown eyes. He wears a trench coat over nightmare hide armor. At his sides he keeps a pair of revolvers and on his back is a scoped laser rifle.

Burke was born in the Earther colony of Dusk, at 17 became a deputy and for the next 8 years served with distinction. He grew tired of the constant Uthvelor raids and retired because he felt too constrained by the laws of Dusk. After 6 years of working as a mercenary hunting Uth Burke began to travel the colonies selling his services to anyone whom he felt had a justified cause. Burk has worked with most every faction from the EEF, VLAD, Kasanth, the Itashi Alliance, The Church of One, and others. He believes that no one is truly innocent, they have all commited some crimes at least in someone’s opinion. If you truly feel wronged, then Burke will help you…for a price.

Burke has heard about the Olgog invasion of Church of One lands and remembered that as an Immutable the Church would be willing to pay big and would be less likely to betray him. He headed south and traveled to the nearest Church town to offer his pricy services…

Burke will work with most anyone, Church, Olgogs, he doesn’t care, he will work for one group then work for the people he attacked previously. As long as they can make it worth his while he won’t let personal feelings get in the way.

As for payment Burke will take anything that he views as payment, be it cash, or resources that he can sell later.

Sitting at a table in the corner of the Uf’s bar in unen, there appears to be a short Earther-like being. He is wearing a leather vest and bandoliers of explosives. On top of his head is a black beret with a off color spot where there appears to normally be a emblem or badge. Currently he appears to be sleeping while smoking a cigar. Rumor has it that when the bartender asked where he was from, his response was “doesn’t matter, it ain’t there no more anyway.”

Tacked to a wall, behind him is a sign.
Grim Acquistions
Things found, places infiltrated, people taken care of.
Prices negoitatble.
No quall or krato minions needed.

In the middle of a room a large Dead Olgog is found. Her name is Hob’na, and she’s sitting on a large, blood stained stone slab that’s the size of a table. Around her, metal surgery carts. Looking down, she touches her once brown and black fur, now just shades of grey.

She finds herself thinking. [i]With this new trasnfomation, there is so much to learn. There is no longer a need to sleep, or eat, or even breathe. What I once knew as safe now literally burns me. And the shadows in the dark heal my wounds?

He says I’m dead. But I don’t ever remember dying. Is this the after life I have to look forward to? This creature is crazy. And he is what I have to learn from? But he has offered to do teach me, and the faster I learn, the better.[/i]

She looked up when the door opened, and into the room walked another Dead Olgog. Thats him, she thought. This is my mentor? This is what I have to look forward to? This is what I’ve become?

Krodnok smiled. “Well,” he began. “Let’s get started.”

Hopping off the table, she shrugs. “OK then.”

(Ooc - use of character Krodnok with given permission from the player Krodnok)